Don't have an account? Create one!

Cemetery Drive

AuthorMessage
my.suicidal.romance
Killjoy
my.suicidal.romance
June 15th, 2007 at 02:38am
I love this song, the lyric especially But i never heard of the 'dont do it' part. Please someone tell me at exact time when they sing the 'dont do it'...
Go fuck yourself
Devil's Got Your Number
Go fuck yourself
June 15th, 2007 at 03:31am
it's like from the second courus on, then at one piont it goes "do you care at all, are you there at all?" go on youtube and type in cemetery drive and the stripped version will come up
xLipsxLikexMorphinex
Killjoy
xLipsxLikexMorphinex
June 18th, 2007 at 03:27pm
AH! COOOL! This is my first comment thingy on this site!

I'm new! tis kinda confusing but I'm getting the hang of it!

Okay anyway down to what this is all about, three cheers was dedicated to two people
1.Elena Lee Rush
2. Marie Jose Santos

Cemetery Drive is dedicated to Marie. I found that out on the internet...go me!
Oh yeah I can't hear the ''don't do it''s and I'm laughing at how stupid I look with the two speakers right beside me!! Laughing
MCRvampire27
Killjoy
MCRvampire27
July 4th, 2007 at 04:54pm
xLipsxLikexMorphinex:
AH! COOOL! This is my first comment thingy on this site!

I'm new! tis kinda confusing but I'm getting the hang of it!

Okay anyway down to what this is all about, three cheers was dedicated to two people
1.Elena Lee Rush
2. Marie Jose Santos

Cemetery Drive is dedicated to Marie. I found that out on the internet...go me!
Oh yeah I can't hear the ''don't do it''s and I'm laughing at how stupid I look with the two speakers right beside me!! Laughing

^ ^ ^ ^
i agree with the above

also its about marie who killed herself in her bathroom and gerard was some what close to her
my.gerard.romance...
Killjoy
my.gerard.romance...
August 4th, 2007 at 12:47pm
It's about a girl that was cheating on her husband but couldn't tell him, so she took her own life.
it's so sad when someone takes their own life because they can't say something to someone, but it's even sadder when that person is a friend or ris really close to you.
Demolition Lover.
Killjoy
Demolition Lover.
August 12th, 2007 at 05:57am
This song is about gerard's friend commiting suicide.
He wrote this one while grieving over his/her death.
electro
Salute You in Your Grave
electro
August 15th, 2007 at 03:53pm
For those who can't find the "dont do it"s etc.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=pLZRyKP9QSE
Fantasma
Demolition Lover
Fantasma
August 20th, 2007 at 06:50pm
There`s a "don`t do it" ? Oh cool, why didn`t I know it...? :p It annoys me because there`s no sounds in this machine atm so I can`t check that address above. >.< So many seems to think this is about a woman who cheated and wants to commit a suicide. On the other hand, what about the theory about Gerard`s and Mikey`s friend?
Green Faerie
Salute You in Your Grave
Green Faerie
September 3rd, 2007 at 10:40pm
Ok thanks so much for the youtube link! I can somewhat hear it there. I just listened to the song on my comp at least 6 time in a row listening for the 'Dont Do it's' over and over, and I couldn't hear them, I really must be death (Edit: Wow ironic typo, I meant deaf) if other people can hear them! I had the volume on max and everything.

I think the song is obviously about Suicide. And about a grieving person missing them. If Gerard did have a friend who killed themself in a bathroom then it seems far too likely that this is the inspiration for the song.

Is the whole adultery concept from the "Dress your husband hates" line? Because that could mean anything. Alot of lyrics are someone's thoughts just put on the page, and are open for interpretation in these cases. Which is probobly why everyone has a different take to each line. I don't think unless Gerard himself writes down his reason for every single line we won't know.

For instance if it's about a friend then the hard kissing sounds fairly innapropriate. Or is it a few different inspirations in one song? For instance- hearing a story that reminds you of your personal trauma, and mixing the two into song lyrics. I don't know I just think it's important to remember that lyrics are very personal, individual things and may not make complete sense to anyone except the writer.

xxx
ChildVision
Really Not Okay
ChildVision
September 16th, 2007 at 12:12am
Well i think it's a women whose husbands beats her 'In the dress your husband hates' and seeks love from the man.
Green Faerie
Salute You in Your Grave
Green Faerie
September 23rd, 2007 at 06:13pm
Oh! about the singing in the background if you want to hear the "Don't do it's" More clearly. I found out that if unplug your headphone's mostly from the iPod then it goes a bit blurry and you can hear the song without Gerard's lead vocal, mostly.Which means you can hear the Don't do it's that are supposed to fade into the background. I found it interesting to listen to. And now it means that I can just about hear them in the original version.

xxx
mcr--freak
Killjoy
mcr--freak
September 26th, 2007 at 12:40am
my.gerard.romance...:
It's about a girl that was cheating on her husband but couldn't tell him, so she took her own life.
it's so sad when someone takes their own life because they can't say something to someone, but it's even sadder when that person is a friend or ris really close to you.

Yeh agree with the whole...it hurts even more when that person is close to you,,
coz imma not gonna lie to you..my friend was suicidal and she kinda killed herself...and it killed me....i feel as if i went with her....(coz she was a best friend to me)
Darkromance
Banned
Darkromance
September 26th, 2007 at 01:18am
I think this is about two emo people who went on a date and drank by the musoleum "way down" cemetary drive. But then the narrator says that she kills herself, I think by slitting her wrists, and she was found on the bathroom floor. now he misses her.

Also, I think that he says "Is this what you wanted me for" because he feels that she only wanted him to be that one person around who loved her and who would be sad the time that she commits suicide.

Also, I think she was cheating on her husband, who probably didn't care about her. "In the dress your husband hates"

Anyway, by repeating the phrase "way down" and talking about that beautiful night at the cemetary and the things that followed, he's reminiscing.
xmcrxgerardx3
Killjoy
xmcrxgerardx3
September 28th, 2007 at 12:23am
i belive it is about gerard grieving over his friend tht died bfr ther first tour... cuz yeahh idk but i SWEAR i heard an interview on it
ticklemebottle
Killjoy
ticklemebottle
September 30th, 2007 at 08:15pm
a cheating whore and a husband who regrets killing her and thinking if she likes what she got back
Lifeisbutadream1993
Killjoy
Lifeisbutadream1993
October 7th, 2007 at 06:33pm
Oh my god! I didn't know it whispered 'Don't do it", I just listened with the speakers on my ears and during the "way down" part I could hear very, very faint whispering.
MCR_3_CHEERS_4_MCR
Killjoy
MCR_3_CHEERS_4_MCR
October 26th, 2007 at 07:39pm
o mi god i got chills when i heard it it is like a whisper when he says "way down" he says dont do it before he repeats himself it like a whisper never noticed it before thanks!!!!
mr.ross
Jazz Hands
mr.ross
November 14th, 2007 at 11:27pm
The don't do it part is really faint. I mean, really faint. I felt SO special when I heard it and then felt really stupid cause someone told me they figured it out, like, a year before. But anyways, you can kinda hear it during the second verse that starts with "Back home, off the run. singing songs that make you...." and so on. but, if someone didn't tell me what it said, i wouldn't get it. i hear it, but I don't
Just Steph...
Motor Baby
Just Steph...
November 16th, 2007 at 08:33pm
iDork:
Bury_Me_In _Black:
OBVIOUSLY
this is about a woman cheating on her husband
And ends up killing herself

Yeah.
That's why in the background you can hear him say "don't do it" over and over again.
Cause he doesn't wan her to kill herself.

I can't hear the "dont do it" part. I know it's there, i've just never managed to hear it myself.
Diana_a7x
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Diana_a7x
November 17th, 2007 at 01:40am
I cannot hear it aswell.
I've been listening to the song like 39 times already