Admin
Dujo
November 2nd, 2006 at 09:49am
-
arsonist; edlaine
Shotgun Sinner
arsonist; edlaine
November 11th, 2006 at 10:14am
I think that this song is directed to the clergy.

Preach all you want but who's gonna save me
I keep a gun on the book that you gave me
Hallelujah, lock and load

I think that those lines meant that they can preach about the lord all they want. But whatever they are doing isn't helping him.
Emo_Princ3ss
Killjoy
Emo_Princ3ss
November 11th, 2006 at 07:08pm
isnt this song sayin sumthing like an "i hate u" to sumone?
shortbabe
Jazz Hands
shortbabe
November 18th, 2006 at 06:55pm
This is my favorite song ever.. it sounds like its mostly about how to end your life because everything is so screwed up...... because it goes "so give me all your poisin, and give me all your pills, and give me all your hopeless hearts and make me ill" in other words help me end my life..... " your running after something you'll never kill, if this is what you want then fire at will." which sounds like just hury up and kill me if this is what you really want my life sucks anyways...... just my opinion
Bullet.
Salute You in Your Grave
Bullet.
November 19th, 2006 at 04:12pm
I love this song.

I think its about how there not much but there still good but no one can understand that, and so they want it to end, and no matter how much praying anyone does they cant get them out of this mess...

"Fire at will" is such a great line
shortbabe
Jazz Hands
shortbabe
November 23rd, 2006 at 08:43pm
ya there are so many different ways to look at every song they write........ i pretty much agree with everything........ because most of us will never understand the true meaning of any of MCR's songs........ we will never understand what is or was going through their head.
xXDr. KrazyXx
Fabulous Killjoy
xXDr. KrazyXx
November 24th, 2006 at 02:43pm
I like you guys' ideas. Smile
Mrs.Halloween
Salute You in Your Grave
Mrs.Halloween
December 4th, 2006 at 01:11pm
waow, there's been no action on the song meanings board for ages. =p.

anywhos, yah, on the song meanings, on the main page, it says that this song's talking about missionaries that come to your door, religious groups that try to get you to convert to their beliefs, and it quotes the whole 'Preach all you want but who's gonna save me...' bit.
but i don't think it's really about that.
it's just my personal opinion, heh.
i'm sure i read somewhere, from an interview with mcr, that it's to do with, saying to all those people who are trying to bring you down, that they can try, but they can't stop you. that kind of thing, i think. that's what i think it means though, that there's all these people trying to control them and make them think a certain way, but they won't conform to what they want. etc.
i think it can be applied to religion, but that's kind of restricting it to one, confined topic.
but yeah, you can interpret it in loads of different ways.
slytherclaw
Fabulous Killjoy
slytherclaw
December 9th, 2006 at 05:57pm
I'd heard that it was about modern media trying to put them into a stereotype, as if to 'convert' them into what they wanted them to be. Similar to the people who knock on your door, preaching.
' I wouldn't front the scene if you payed me, I'm just the way that the doctor made me' saying, 'I'm not out to be anyone's saviour, I want to do what I want the way I want'
'Give me a reason to believe' - why should I be made into what you want me to be
'so give me all your poison, give me all your pills, give me all your hopeless hearts and make me ill, you're running after something that you'll never kill. If this is what you want then fire at will' I translate this as ' try to change me, but it won't work; love me if you want to, not because you feel you have to and in the end you'll realise you're wasting your time trying to make me what I'm not'

I dunno, that's what it makes me think of, anyways.
Awake And Unafraid
Killjoy
Awake And Unafraid
December 15th, 2006 at 04:42pm
I love this song! yeah I like that and i never really thought it was all about religion either. and i always thought he was like singing to a girl 'you'll never make me leave i wear this on my sleeve' meaning he shows his true feelings he wears his heart on his sleeve if you've heard that expression before, and the girl wants him to leave or wants his love for her to end ''your running after something that you'll never kill, if this is what you want then fire at will". "give me up your poison and give me up your pills and give me up your hopeless heart to make me ill" could mean 'let me share your pain and saddness with you' because he loves her. idk theres like lots of different meanings which apply to different parts of the song and thats just some of my thoughts.
chapped and faded.
Motor Baby
chapped and faded.
December 23rd, 2006 at 01:38pm
This is most definitely my favourite MCR song. I effing love it.

I do sense some Christian influences here though. But I don't think it's aimed at the Christian authorities.
xXSaintXx
Killjoy
xXSaintXx
December 30th, 2006 at 04:45pm
I think this song is about suicidal depression "give me all your poison, and give me all your pills..." And that if you hate him so much then go ahead and kill him "If this is what you want then fire at will" And you can preach all you want to him but hes just not gonna listen, "Preach all you want but who's gonna save me..."

Just my opinion n.n
Effected-Chris!
Killjoy
Effected-Chris!
January 1st, 2007 at 11:18pm
Give me a reason to believe!

Give me a reason to believe in god?
marley.
Awake and Unafraid
marley.
January 2nd, 2007 at 07:09am
I thought it was about the people that go around your doors trying to "sell" thier religion.
XpoizonXkissesX
Killjoy
XpoizonXkissesX
January 2nd, 2007 at 01:29pm
I believe its about a person who has a suicidal family member and it's jacking them up inside and they just want it all to stop.
LoveThePoison
Killjoy
LoveThePoison
January 2nd, 2007 at 01:32pm
They use the anger and hate (venom) people give them to make them stronger.
Being put down doesnt affect them...makes them stronger.
Merci Pour Le Venin
fatality in the snow
Salute You in Your Grave
fatality in the snow
January 2nd, 2007 at 06:43pm
I think the song is about how no matter what anyone thinks he's still gonna be himself, even if the bible says that it's wrong or whatever("I'm just the way the docter made me!" ) . He also seems to not think God can save him anymore, so that's why he sings "Preach all you want but who's gonna save me?"

That's just my interpretation, seeing as right now there's so much controversy about the bible saying stuff like homosexuality and whatnot is a sin, etc. etc. So I think he's also saying 'Fuck You' to that.
MCR_Alaska
Killjoy
MCR_Alaska
January 3rd, 2007 at 02:26am
It's about missionaries coming to your door and try to convert you to their religion.
Revenge?
Killjoy
Revenge?
January 5th, 2007 at 11:09am
This is one of my favourite MCR songs, but honestly, it is sorta confusing trying to find the meaning.
None_More_Black
Jazz Hands
None_More_Black
January 6th, 2007 at 12:35am
I think it is directed at the clergy too.