Don't have an account? Create one!

Thank You For The Venom

AuthorMessage
Tway
Killjoy
Tway
January 9th, 2007 at 10:41am
I don't really know. It is kind off about like doing what you want to do, or being forced to do something that you don't want to do or somehting like that.
rachi_left4deadx_x
Motor Baby
rachi_left4deadx_x
January 9th, 2007 at 01:44pm
Give me all your poison (pills are like poison)
Give me all your pills (self explanitary)
Give me all your hopless hearts (make me who you want me to be)
Make me ill (changing me is like making me ill)
Your running after something that you'll never kill (its never going to work)
If this is what you want then fire at will (he doesn't want to do it, he feels he is doing this against his will)

I think this is about being given loads of pills to get over drugs, depression etc. and how he feels there never going to work.
DAMAGECONTROL
Joining The Black Parade
DAMAGECONTROL
January 13th, 2007 at 02:59pm
this is one of my favourite songs with mcr.
but i don't really get it =/
dee dee ramone.
Always Born a Crime
dee dee ramone.
January 13th, 2007 at 06:25pm
^
My thoughts exactly.
Except now I've read everyone else's comments, I sort of get the gist that's it's mainly about missionaries, etc.
shitthatwascyanide
Salute You in Your Grave
shitthatwascyanide
January 15th, 2007 at 05:38pm
okay this is an odd idea but mayhaps it's about some weird girlfriend of gerard's who tried to convert him? that explains the "preach all you want but who's gonna save me" part as well as the "love is the red of a rose" part.
Waysrule
Awake and Unafraid
Waysrule
January 23rd, 2007 at 08:28pm
i <3 this song but the meaning to me is almost having to do with someone that he loved,and that told him you know you just got to get off this stuff, the song is written to like his addiction to drugs, and alcohol when Gerard goes"give me all of your posin, and give me all of your pills" it might be that loved telling him give it up already!
clumsy heart.
Banned
clumsy heart.
January 27th, 2007 at 01:14pm
I think this song is about doubting your religion.

Sister, im not much a poet but a criminal [im not the good person i seem to be, but acutally very sinful]

Preach all you want but whose gonna save me?[give me reasons why i should belive in god]
I keep a gun in the book you gave me.[like, the bible means nothing to me, kind of like mocking it.]
Xx_Black Mariah_xX
Killjoy
Xx_Black Mariah_xX
January 27th, 2007 at 09:14pm
I think that "Give me all your poison, give me all your pills, and give me all your hopeless hearts and make me ill". means that he/she/it wants to take away all of the stuff that makes that persons life miserable and so that he/she/it will take the place of that suffering peron. Cry
millimolli
Killjoy
millimolli
January 28th, 2007 at 08:06am
'Give me all your poison' i think implys alcohol, 'Give me all ur pills' yeah drugs, 'give me all ur hopeless hearts and make me ill' seems like make me feel like im hopeless and make me feel depressed and sad, ' Ur running after something that u'll never kill..etc.', in my opinion the chorus' message means you can do all of these things to me (you meaning ppl that want to do wrong by u or make u feel u need to change) but nothing is going o break me.
Thats the way i interpret it Smile M.C.R is pure sex lolololol
Lady.Loss
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Lady.Loss
January 28th, 2007 at 02:00pm
It's a song that tried to make a statment about the music scene at the time. It also has to do with the pressure of dealing with a lot of people. And the line: I wouldn't do this scene if you paid me is like I don't give a shit about this money making corporate agenda. That's why it's pretty awesome. Thank you for the venom is also in french on the sleeve of i brought you my bullets. . .
DeCiMaTeD_DrEaMs
Bleeding on the Floor
DeCiMaTeD_DrEaMs
January 29th, 2007 at 12:33am
i love this one too Razz ....i think it also talks about religion( i kind of wish it didnt)...every time i hear that :

"preach all you want but whos gonna save me i keep a gun in the book you gave me..." i think about religion and God, and i believe in God and the bible so yeah it makes me feel kind of awkward. ..the weirdest thing is that i love that part of the song, and singing it like i mean it too XDDD lol

anyone have other ideas as to why it might say that "preach all you want..." part??? ^^
Cindered_Rose
Killjoy
Cindered_Rose
January 29th, 2007 at 11:42am
My Chemical Romance played the main stage at the 2006 Reading and Leeds Festival—this was the largest show they have ever played in the UK. According to issue 221 of Alternative Press, they followed Slayer and were not received warmly by the crowd at Reading, as the band was subjected to heavy bottling. Large sections of the audience threw bacon, tangerines, golf balls, and bottles filled with urine at the group as they played. This reportedly upset Gerard, who then introduced the song "Thank You For the Venom" saying:

"This song is called Thanks for All the Bottles, Thanks for All the *iss, Thanks for All the Golf Balls, Thanks for All the Apples and Thanks for All the Sticky Mess'

In the past there have been many attempts at labelling the band as an 'emo', 'over emotional' or a band who has 'nothing positive to say to the world.'

In the song when it says:

'Love it, or leave it, you can't understand'
It means what the band express in their songs has a greater meaning than some people see because they have a huge lack of understanding. It also says you can either love what i do or leave it but you cant change my ways.

'You'll never make me leave, i wear this on my sleeve
Give me a reason to belive'
This is saying how no one will/can change his mind or change the way he thinks. He feels proud of what he does and you will have to provide him with a true reason to believe your way.

'So give me all your poison, and give me all your pills
and give me all your hopless hearts and make me ill '
This is refering to the treatment they were given with all the bottles calling it the 'Poison'. The 'hopeless hearts' are the people who showed huge ignorance and misunderstanding for the bands work No
Xx_Black Mariah_xX
Killjoy
Xx_Black Mariah_xX
January 29th, 2007 at 12:20pm
Yeah, good ideas peeps!
beautifully-cha0tic
Killjoy
beautifully-cha0tic
January 29th, 2007 at 07:28pm
this is my fave song on that album it is pure talent!! i almost died wen they played it live!! Clap anyways..song meaning lol..
i think the song is indeed about religion and the men who come to your door....but also about suicide and how it is a sin to commit suicide
"give me a reason to believe" (as in give me areason to stay alive..and believe its a sin to kill yourself)
"you're running after something that you'll never kill" (you wont convert me get over it)
"preach all you want but whos gona save me?" (your preaching isnt gona save me)
"i keep a gun on the book you gave me"(mocking that the bible means nothing to him..missonaries always give you damn bibles..i have a few lmao)
"you wana follow something" (religous people have to follow something or they would be lost in life)
ahh yeah thats all the thoughts i have on this song.."fire at will" is an amazing lyric..im not really sure what that means though but i love it!!
howrie
Killjoy
howrie
January 30th, 2007 at 07:33am
Great song this.....love the start...and if life on the murder scene when gerard goes open the fucking mosh pits right now OPEN IT UP. i think its directed at the clergy.....but any theory on what its about could be right
Harmless Vampire
Bleeding on the Floor
Harmless Vampire
February 1st, 2007 at 05:37pm
asexual; edlaine:
I think that this song is directed to the clergy.

Preach all you want but who's gonna save me
I keep a gun on the book that you gave me
Hallelujah, lock and load

I think that those lines meant that they can preach about the lord all they want. But whatever they are doing isn't helping him.

^^that makes sense. and then the "give me a reason to believe". believe in god? makes sense.
dread_cry999
Fabulous Killjoy
dread_cry999
February 4th, 2007 at 05:51pm
There was one MCR performance where the got hit with water bottles and the crowd pretty much hated them... I cant remember it off hand but i think it was just a little performance... but I think the song is saying thanks for hating me... thanks for that evil... metaphorically... thank you for the venom... i think that is just one of many meanings to the song, because its also got a strong suggestion that it is against Jehovah witnesses and that kinda stuff, people who are always nagging you to follow their beliefs.
xCute.Dead.Nursex
Killjoy
xCute.Dead.Nursex
February 9th, 2007 at 09:59am
I dont really know the meaning..but it makes me feel fantastic for some reason..just how music should be =D
Alchemy's Ashes
Killjoy
Alchemy's Ashes
February 10th, 2007 at 03:23am
I never thought about this song being about the clergy but that is where good songs appeal to different perspectives.

For me it was about the ex husband narcissist who was pissed off that I could not fix him. Fire at will M F!!! And because of a tumor, the narcissist threw me away the moment I got sick. I could not be his @ss kisser anymore. Sorry ‘bout that, really honey.

I had to move back to the south, close to my family for support. I am so glad I have them but I had been gone for 8 years. I also came home with bipolar disorder; I could have dealt with that on my own. The tumor was what was devastating. But everyone expected me to be the happy little sister, daughter, bland submissive good little southern girl. Nope, not anymore. And people telling me that depression was all in my head so get over it. (yeah, jackass so is that tumor) just about made me crazy(er) "You’re running after something that you'll never kill"

I just felt stifled and bumped heads a lot especially with my brother, the archetypal good ol boy. I thought eventually you stop fussing with your siblings. We got along better after he realized he was "running after something . . . . . ."

Anyway, this is one of my favorite songs ever!!!!!!!!!
Alchemy's Ashes
Killjoy
Alchemy's Ashes
February 10th, 2007 at 03:29am
Dang!!!! I am like the oldest one here. I don't care, I still love MCR and I still love this song.