Don't have an account? Create one!

Thank You For The Venom

AuthorMessage
MCR FREAK
Fabulous Killjoy
MCR FREAK
May 20th, 2007 at 12:15pm
About a person wanting to give up on life like where it says 'give me all your poison and give me all your pills and give me all your hopeless hearts and make me ill' ...maybe
TwilightVampire
Killjoy
TwilightVampire
May 31st, 2007 at 11:56pm
well I think it could be an Anti-suicide song...
i shot ur goldfish
Killjoy
i shot ur goldfish
June 1st, 2007 at 07:53am
i.create.havoc.:
Black is the kiss, the touch of the serpent son
It ain't the mark or the scar that makes you one,

do you think that this might be a reference to harry potter???
e.g. serpent son = heir of Slytherin, mark or scar = harry's lightning bolt scar

it porbably isnt though.

LOL! mayb.....=s
LaBellaMuerte
Killjoy
LaBellaMuerte
June 2nd, 2007 at 10:17am
this song is bout people being forced into religion
"you wanna folow something,
give me a better cause to lead ,
give me a reason to believe"
DeToxic8_MCRmy
Killjoy
DeToxic8_MCRmy
June 16th, 2007 at 09:00pm
i shot ur goldfish:
i.create.havoc.:
Black is the kiss, the touch of the serpent son
It ain't the mark or the scar that makes you one,

do you think that this might be a reference to harry potter???
e.g. serpent son = heir of Slytherin, mark or scar = harry's lightning bolt scar

it porbably isnt though.

LOL! mayb.....=s

Yeah I agree with 'Goldfish' (this 1 time!) I think of HP too, this my favorite (maybe) but do I have to explain why? my Username kinda says it.
slacker ninja.
Fabulous Killjoy
slacker ninja.
June 22nd, 2007 at 11:31pm
"You'll never make me leave
I wear this on my sleeve
Give me a reason to believe "
It's probably been posted many times, but I think it's something to do with,
"This is what I believe, you won't change the way I feel about this. I proud of what I believe, and you can't change my point of view now. If you think you can, try, but it's not going to work."
writerGrrl
Salute You in Your Grave
writerGrrl
June 30th, 2007 at 07:38pm
I think the girl in the song (sister) is metaphorical like a lot of the other things in that album. I think she's supposed to represent peoples' vices. For Gee at that time they were poison (alcohol), and pills (drugs.) And it's about him trying to keep those things from killing himself and later trying to tell himself that he doesn't need them.
killyourfriends1
Killjoy
killyourfriends1
July 4th, 2007 at 04:51am
i kinda think it's about hitler cuz of a couple lyrics:

"I wear this on my sleeve"- it's a small thing, but hitler wore that wierd star thing on his arm(sleeve).

"So give me all your poison
And give me all your pills"-hitler killed himself...

"You're running after something
That you'll never kill"-after mussilini died, he made sure that we wouldn't find him.

"Preach all you want but who's gonna save me?"- he was in to deep to surrender without getting killed by someone.

"Sister, I'm not much a poet, but a criminal
And you never had a chance
Love it, or leave it, you can't understand
A pretty face, but you do so carry on"-some freaky chick liked him, and he didnt marry her till he knew that he was going to kill himself so we wouldn't find him.

i know it's wierd.... but it could work.
Lounge Fly
Bleeding on the Floor
Lounge Fly
July 4th, 2007 at 08:25pm
I think it's aimed at the clergy (obviously) but I also think it's aimed at celebrities who pretend to champion causes. Listen closely to the chorus

"You wanna follow something, give me a better cause to believe"

and you'll see what I mean.
Worship thy Gerard12
Killjoy
Worship thy Gerard12
July 12th, 2007 at 12:06am
I really don't know what this song is about. Most people think it is about people going door to door trying to "sell" their religion but I don't think so
The Original Bob.
Demolition Lover
The Original Bob.
August 9th, 2007 at 06:24pm
Im not sure what its about, but i don;t think its about religon,
Demolition Lover.
Killjoy
Demolition Lover.
August 12th, 2007 at 05:32am
I think it's a song about someone doing drugs/drinking achocol(gerard perhaps?)and he's saying no one can save him.?
DIE! DIE! DIE!
Bleeding on the Floor
DIE! DIE! DIE!
August 17th, 2007 at 10:42pm
I think it's about Spider Man XDDD

Lawlz
my_chem_xoxo
Killjoy
my_chem_xoxo
August 23rd, 2007 at 08:57pm
i belive this song is about someone who thinks they have no reasond to live and thinks that nobody can save them and belives that the only way out is suicide. but this is not true there are peoplke who can help.
cka1992
Killjoy
cka1992
August 24th, 2007 at 06:56pm
vote for me for best avatar!!!!!!!!! or for newbee,he he he.........thanks
Emoishboy
Killjoy
Emoishboy
August 28th, 2007 at 12:51am
Thank you for the venom, I think, is about not wanting to be a part of the scene someone's trying to force you into... in my case, religion. It's about all the people around you pushing you toward religion and turning away because you believe it's just not worth it. It's about believing that god won't save you if you did go to church every sunday and listen to every word the priest-or priestess- spoke. "You'll never make me leave" refers to the place you've created for yourself out of whatever it is that makes you turn from religion. "Give me a reason to believe" of course, wanting all the people to show you what it is that forces them to believe, knowing they could never show anything real. Again, my beliefs. Don't burn me at the stake for them.
DaughterChaos
Killjoy
DaughterChaos
August 29th, 2007 at 10:14pm
I agree with Emoishboy. But it could mean anything. I don't know, I'm a nOOb.
CherriBoomBoom
Fabulous Killjoy
CherriBoomBoom
August 31st, 2007 at 01:26am
All I can think about this song is the "I wear this on my sleeve" refers to the armband. 0_o
fireatwill x3
Killjoy
fireatwill x3
August 31st, 2007 at 11:36pm
this is really my favorite MCR song,like ever.and i know people have said this,but i think that it has to do with someone who is fed-up with their life and wants to commit suicide because 'give me all your poison and give me all your pills,' theyre both things that could kill you,but idk.just a suggestion.
and i think 'if this is what you want then fire at will' means like,if you really want to commit suicide then no ones really going to be able to stop you so do what you want,kind of. but again,just a suggestion.
joy division.
Shotgun Sinner
joy division.
September 7th, 2007 at 07:47pm
er, apparently its abwt ppl who try to convert you to christianity but u want them to go away :- "give me a reason to believe" and "Hallejulah lock and load" give it away lol. and stuuf lyk "PREACH all you want but who's gonna save me" give away the christianity thing too lol