Don't have an account? Create one!

Welcome To The Black Parade

AuthorMessage
jackassjeremy
Killjoy
jackassjeremy
June 9th, 2008 at 02:13am
i think its about the beauty of death and how the black parade symbolises the revolution against jocks and preps Razz
QZfoReveR
Killjoy
QZfoReveR
August 21st, 2008 at 09:22am
I think its the about the belief that death comes to you any way you want. At least I think that's how it goes.
Fan4Life17
Killjoy
Fan4Life17
August 29th, 2008 at 08:30pm
I heard gee say something about the song being about death and how it comes to you however you want it to.

In this song, the patient's strongest memory of him as a child seeing a marching band.
Trym-Eldby
Killjoy
Trym-Eldby
September 7th, 2008 at 06:45am
Crying or Very sad It feels like someones dead...
and cant go to heaven or something Crying or Very sad
and people alot telling me when i listen to stuff like this
turn off that emo crap.. Neutral that hurt a bit
I like this band
lamaine13_MCR
Killjoy
lamaine13_MCR
September 27th, 2008 at 09:12am
this song is about a boy who gets taken at a very young age and when death reaches to him it was a part of his memory which was at childhood when his father took him to marching band instead of that it was the black parade taking him to the city of the dead
youhaveissues!!
Killjoy
youhaveissues!!
October 18th, 2008 at 09:49am
well it inspires people to carry on no matter how hard life gets
and no matter how many people doubt you

'on and on we carry through the fear'

its also kinda a story

Gerard telling people about his past and his father taking him to see a marching band and asking him to be the Saviour of the broken
and when the song kicks in Gerard is getting the main message across telling us to be strong and carry on through life

'tour missery and hate will kill us all'

'So paint it black and take it back Let's shout it loud and clear Defiant to the end we hear the call To carry on'
MCRROXMOO
Killjoy
MCRROXMOO
October 26th, 2008 at 07:41pm
I think that The Sharpest Lives is about doing what ever the fuck you think is right and if any one tries to stop you or tell you are mental then to hell with them they don't matter!
Incognito.
Bleeding on the Floor
Incognito.
October 28th, 2008 at 03:02am
its the paitent dying and his death coming him in the shape of his strongest memory i.e the parade.
it's like death comes in which ever form you chose and remember
gibbs
Killjoy
gibbs
January 30th, 2009 at 05:40am
i think Welcome to the black parade is about when people die, they wont be forgotten, they will live on in the memories of the people who loved them and cared for them.
this song is a bit like the ghost of you in the way that if someone dies, like in ghost of you, they will always be remembered, the black parade.
luvin_gerard_way
Killjoy
luvin_gerard_way
February 9th, 2009 at 10:50am
the black parade to me means that there is life after death and the black parade is where all the bad people go after they die and you rome around with the black parade float for ever and ever gathering people that have died.
RainbowConnection
Killjoy
RainbowConnection
February 27th, 2009 at 06:17pm
I'm weird XD

When I listen to this song I always think of some great epic fantasy tale that my fingers are itching to write down. I don't know how to tell you what said epic fantasy is actually ABOUT though XD
It's a very inspiring song!
RainbowConnection
Killjoy
RainbowConnection
February 27th, 2009 at 06:17pm
blah, double post
RainbowConnection
Killjoy
RainbowConnection
February 27th, 2009 at 06:24pm
TRIPLE post!
wtf?
bandaid_love
Killjoy
bandaid_love
April 15th, 2009 at 10:03am
live.love.burn.die:
After learning of his illness, reflecting on his life, and dealing with all the issues of mortality, the Patient's own mortality is quickly coming to an end. Here the Patient is drifting between life and death, and so death is coming for him in the form of his strongest memory. The Patient's fondest memory is of his father taking him to town as a boy to see a parade ("when I was a young boy, my father took me into the city, to see a marching band"Wink. The Patient's father asks him as a boy "Son, when you grow up, would you be the savior of the broken, the beaten, and the damned?", perhaps preparing the Patient for his future illness, and asking him if he will have what it takes to mentally overcome it and be an example for others who follow in his footsteps to be strong. The Patient's father also tells him "someday I'll leave you a phantom, to lead you in the summer, to join the Black Parade." This hints that the Patient's father most likely died before the Patient, and will help him join the Black Parade (in other words be there when he dies to help him in the afterlife). The song also shows that the Patient most likely had a very good relationship with his father, since his fondest memory in life occured when he was with his father. This is the opposite of the relationship he has with his mother, which is further detailed in the song "Mama".

The Patient passes into a realm of life and death, and sees the Black Parade. The Black Parade seems to take place in the city that he saw the marching band in his youth, only now the city is barren, and more macabre. He sees the performers of the Black Parade, only they too are more macabre than those of the parade he saw in his youth, and seem to represent emotions and other parts of his life. The Black Parade tell him of "the disappointed faces of your peers", which have no effect on the Patient, as he states he "could not care at all", showing he will no longer let anyone dictate his actions, and hasn't quite repented yet (as he does in Famous Last Words). He still doubts himself ("I'm just a man, I'm not a hero" in reference to his father's question at the beginning of the song). He is still firm in his doubt of the world ("you can try, you'll never break me"Wink. Finally The Black Parade assures him that his "memory will carry on", and though he may be dead and defeated his "weary widow marches on." Thus trying to encourage him that he isn't as evil as he thinks, and that if he joins them what he leaves behind in life will be fine.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Welcome_to_the_Black_Parade

I'm new here, and have only just become a fan of My Chemical Romance. It may be cliche of me, but I'd have to say this is my favorite of their songs that I have heard to date. I dunno, but its strong, the lyrics are meaningful and the way it is sang just makes it more so. I'm still trying to work out the lyrics myself by I think I agree with quoted 'live.love.burn.die', it seems to make more sense and works with the video too.

Its hard to say though, as alot of the time its what you take from the song, I myself know I take my own meanings rather than the ones in the song (I have so many favorite love songs, but not having been in love myself, tend to take them differently).

Anyway I think I'll keep with the strong side of this song. I agree its about death but theres more to it for me, like a larger message rather than just "dead". It carries on.
Die_Die
Killjoy
Die_Die
April 16th, 2009 at 07:31am
i think the black parade is living, livong like no one else does, a group of indivuals that's like no one else .. it's self expression all in a song. It's beautiful.
Gerard Wa-HEY
Fabulous Killjoy
Gerard Wa-HEY
June 8th, 2009 at 01:10am
The song is all about how the patient is joining the black parade. ... Welcome to the black parade. It's about the patient dying and seeing life in the form of a parade because his greatest memory is of his father taking him into the city to see a parade. The black parade is about his life through death and how it comes to him.
Dana Way
Banned
Dana Way
June 10th, 2009 at 12:28am
To me the song is about living and being able to live instead of dying.
Gerard said something about people being afraid to live rather than being afraid to die.
Wolf-of-blood
Killjoy
Wolf-of-blood
June 22nd, 2009 at 10:05pm
The Black Parade is a concept album, like Three Cheers and Bullets,But i think the song has deeper meaning that just that
The "Patient" is dying, and recals past memories, and how he wishes that he could still have those times with his family
The Parade comes as a form of death, and the way he's alone at the end shows that he needs to survive on his own
Gerard Wa-HEY
Fabulous Killjoy
Gerard Wa-HEY
June 27th, 2009 at 12:26am
Actually, this song, as described by gerard when he recently appeared on fuse, says the man in the song, they called the patient, is dying in a hospital. And his most treasured memory was when his father took him to a parade when he was a young boy. And gerard says he believes that when you die, death comes to you in any form you want it to. So as this man is dying, remembering his father and the parade, death comes to him as a black parade
annabel
Killjoy
annabel
July 20th, 2009 at 02:09am
i think the first part is like death as the black parade.a fond childhood memory
death is the black parade we know cause the father says so."ill leave you to jion the black parade"the father says live life to the fullest and take chances. and the second part is like dont be afraid of who you are. it doesnt matter what others think."do or die youll never make me, because the world will never take my heart,... wont explain or say im sorry, im unashamed im gonna show my scar, give a chair for all the broken, listen here because its who we are