annabel
July 20th, 2009 at 02:13am
ever notice?most people on this site are girls
rock_on4evur11
Killjoy
rock_on4evur11
July 23rd, 2009 at 04:24pm
my _18th_heartbreak:
the black parade is fuckin amazin. my chemical romance r the gods of emo!" join me in bein da emo crew and destroy chav musik 4va.
the black parade is mainly bout death but if u her the part were gerard is sayin she watchin ova me he is tlkin bout his grandma
no offense but they aren't 'gods'--- theyr'e also catholic
Black Dawn
Killjoy
Black Dawn
August 11th, 2009 at 06:49pm
i think its about a boy and his father dying but before his father dies he wants him to make a difference to the world to help, to make something of himself, but then after that possibly his mother dies aswell then he "gets the feeling shes watching over me", and although they are dead and gone all the things that he told them and all the memories and work will carry on.
and although no-one else might not listen and it feels like he is "broken and defeated" he will carry on and help people
Disastrous-Roses
Killjoy
Disastrous-Roses
August 1st, 2010 at 06:17pm
The Guy in the hospital gown is his father.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
When I was, a young boy, my father, took me into the city, to see a marching band, he said son when, you grow up, would you be, the saviour of the beaten, the broken and the damned, because one day, I'll leave you, a phantom, to lead yu in the summer, to join the Black Parade.
xoxomycemxoxo
Killjoy
xoxomycemxoxo
October 31st, 2010 at 12:49am
You know, this song hit everyone. Even the people that dont listen to MCR even like it... My mom hates them but she has no problem with listening to it... My friends think their emo but they like the black parade. It touches people i tell you it does. It touched me a wholeeeeee lot...
The_Drummer_Boy
Killjoy
The_Drummer_Boy
November 13th, 2010 at 11:49pm
VVVVVVVV
The_Drummer_Boy
Killjoy
The_Drummer_Boy
November 14th, 2010 at 12:03am
I think of the black parade simply as they are portrayed in the videos a group of ppl living in a fallen apart world trying to make a difference for the better Clap as for the video i think its about losing someone u care about and letting them kno tht ur okay ull continue ur life without them however theyll never be forgotten Mr. Green
The_Drummer_Boy
Killjoy
The_Drummer_Boy
November 14th, 2010 at 12:03am
I think of the black parade simply as they are portrayed in the videos a group of ppl living in a fallen apart world trying to make a difference for the better Clap as for the video i think its about losing someone u care about and letting them kno tht ur okay ull continue ur life without them however theyll never be forgotten Mr. Green
The_Drummer_Boy
Killjoy
The_Drummer_Boy
November 14th, 2010 at 12:05am
i apoligize for the repetative posts my computer is either being annoying or i dont understand this system so again i apoligize
screwlinseygeeismine
Killjoy
screwlinseygeeismine
November 14th, 2010 at 03:29pm
I think that it means that not only the patient but everyone has to find the strength to realize that death is not an enemy and that they need to defeat their demons before they die and how their "weary widow marches on," and that even though you will die, you are not nessacarily conquered by death. And about how instead of being afraid of death you join "The Black Parade," and aren't afraid any longer.
ImNotOkayPromise
Killjoy
ImNotOkayPromise
February 13th, 2011 at 01:58pm
I think its basically about a man who is about to die but but remmembers what his father told him " would you be te saviour of the broken the beaten and the damned"
And he is kind of looking back to see if he had done what he was told..? just my opinion
Rorschach Test
Jazz Hands
Rorschach Test
February 14th, 2011 at 06:51pm
This is my thought: This is what greets The Patient as he dies. He sees a vision of a beloved memory, that of his father taking him to see a parade as a child. This is how Death comes to him. His spirits are bolstered by the bizarre and yet familiar figures that represent the assorted facsimiles of death, such as Mother War, the aforemention Fear and Regret, the Devil (twin wolves), etc. We also hear through the chanting battle cry that becomes the chorus the voices of those he left behind, the ones he thought abandoned him but really loved him and supported him all along.
sweetblackdays
Killjoy
sweetblackdays
February 20th, 2011 at 05:43pm
is it just me or when you here ' when i was a young boy my father took me into the city to see a marching band, he said son when you grow up would you be the saviour of the broken the beaten and the dammed' it makes you think like the dad is dying and he is setting the son up (the patient) to be like "the man of the house" sorta thing....could just be me Very Happy
diagonal prayers
Bulletproof Heart
diagonal prayers
February 20th, 2011 at 05:49pm
so, the song starts out with a memory of when the album's character was young. a good memory, and the father is promising the kid that the kid will amount to something amazing, a hero.

later in the song, he says "i'm just man, i'm not a hero", because he realizes he hasn't amounted to what his father promised him, and his dreams are shattered. he's dying, and he has no way of becoming his dreams.

the song switches to second person, saying "though you're dead and gone believe me, your memory will carry on". that's what other people are telling him, but he doesn't want to believe it.

gerard always said that he believes that when you die, death comes to you in the form of your fondest memory, and that the character of the album's fondest memory is being young, seeing the marching band--but also, having the feeling that you will amount to something important. gerard has also said that his biggest fear at 15 was to disappear and not amount to anything.

WTTBP is about a dying man, who has nothing to live for because he was never able to become what he wanted, a hero.