Don't have an account? Create one!

Welcome To The Black Parade

AuthorMessage
xashes2ashesx
Killjoy
xashes2ashesx
December 15th, 2006 at 11:10pm
I think that the song is just explaining the trip after you die. At least thats what the video describes.
cry_all_you_want
Killjoy
cry_all_you_want
December 16th, 2006 at 04:02pm
this song is really a about the main charecter of the black parade who is simply known as the patient who sadley is dying at a young age of cancer and gerard way explains to us that when you die death comes for you in anyway you want either it being in a black car or a beautiful girl in the case of the patient it is in the form of a parade because his earliest memories of childhood is his father taking him into the cithy to see a marching band (as the song says) well this parade known as the black parade comes for the paitent as he passes away and the marching band tells him in song that he is dead in the song it says "the anthem wont explain it " which is tells us that the band is telling the paitent what is going on in the form of a song but this song wont explain the journey he must go through the paitent leads the black parade which his father wanted him to because in the song the gerard says his father(or the paitents father) says "one day i leave you a phantom to lead you in the summer to join the black parade " this song is personal to gerard because his childhood memories are also his father taking him into the city to see a pararde himself ...........well its just my opinion
paint.it.black.
Killjoy
paint.it.black.
December 21st, 2006 at 07:37pm
Im thinkin that this song is about the patient remembering a time when he was younger. like you know going into the city to see a marching band. i think that in the begining of the song gerard is trying to sing innocently as if he were the patient. also... this song is a lot about hope and forgiveness. ergo the line your still a non beleiver but your memory will carry on. a lot about hope... anyways, i luvvv this song no matter what it means. but if you saw the music video, the beggining is all about the nostrils, baby! WHOOT! long live nostrils!
mymikeyromance
Killjoy
mymikeyromance
December 26th, 2006 at 08:08am
i heard that the black parade is DEATH to patient. it comes for him in that form because that's his fondest memory from childhood (my father took me into the city to see a marching band). but i might be wrong. i really like the part where Gerard sings his heart out sayinga "i'm gonna show my scar" and "we'll carry on".
Inertiatic Esp.
Bleeding on the Floor
Inertiatic Esp.
December 28th, 2006 at 01:06am
wow i agree
This-Is-Halloween
Killjoy
This-Is-Halloween
December 28th, 2006 at 11:00pm
its about cancer
TheLastSongx
Killjoy
TheLastSongx
December 29th, 2006 at 03:27am
my interpretation of the song is that the patient is obviously on their deathbed, and is trying to sort through the good and bad of his life, and remembers one good memory that stuck out the most for him, and that was of his father taking him to see a marching band.

In his eyes, death is coming to him as his favourite memory, a marching band, though the memory has been altered to take him to the after life.

Gerard singing the beginning verses somewhat innocently somehow relates the fact that the patient had a turbulent childhood, and in this memory was one time he could remember without any bad recurrences.

Then, when The Black Parade arrives, it takes him on a journey through a city, passing important moments in his life and through history, certain ones standing out. He is led down by the Devil (the wolve twins) because afterall, they are the ones who decide your death.

When he reaches the end of the parade, he will either be granted eternal rest or be forced to suffer til the end of time.

Thats just my interpretation.
You are free to object
Q-Pod
Killjoy
Q-Pod
December 29th, 2006 at 08:38pm
I think that the parade are the people memories during the wwII because if you see the video yo can see a woman wearing a mask that was used during that warand that what Gerard is trying to say is that people wont forget never the people that died during that period of time
The Hero.
Joining The Black Parade
The Hero.
December 29th, 2006 at 10:01pm
The song can mean a number of things. When I first heard the song, I thought it was about his father.
Now that I think about it, it kind of is, if you don't apply the Patient's story.
I think it's like this. A man is on his deathbed, remembering his father taking him to see a marching band. He tells him to be a good person, (The Savior). The man realizes he hasn't been a good person, so he frets about this. When Gerard sings the opening innocently, I think that;s the first part of the song meaning. When he half-screams it, I think that's when the man is dying, and the last thing that goes through his mind was his father taking him into the city. When the intense guitar comes in, that's when the man is dead, and is taken to see the marching band-The Black Parade.
I think the song also is about his father is dead, and he doesn't want to disappoint him by fretting about it, so instead he'll carry on.
MCR_Alaska
Killjoy
MCR_Alaska
December 31st, 2006 at 12:29am
IMO, I think the song is about how we people view death and how it hits people around after they experience death.
mcr.my.escape.
Killjoy
mcr.my.escape.
December 31st, 2006 at 08:57pm
i really think anyone who is an actully fan of MCR knows that Gerard said that death comes for you in different ways and in this case it comes for The Patient in his fondest memory (his father taking him to see the parade) . so as Gerard is singing the begining part of it all he is dying. then as the balad part starts he is seeing this intense parade come for him and he knows he is dead.
gerard's new wife
Killjoy
gerard's new wife
January 4th, 2007 at 01:22pm
Welcome to the Black Parade is about a man that is dying. It is SO obvious from the video. He is visiting his past saying that he saw a marching band when he was younger. He talks about his girlfriend who looks like she has died too has been watching over/is watching over him. He also says he cant explain what is going on. It looks like in parts he is 'talking' to his dead girlfriend cuz he is saying 'your weary widow marches on'. He explains near the end that he isnt invinsible and will live for eternity (the words are 'just a MAN, not a HERO. Just a BOY, who had to sing this song'). At the end he tells everyone that they should just carry on with their lives and forget about him.
my.life_my.krap
Killjoy
my.life_my.krap
January 4th, 2007 at 11:50pm
can someone please explain to me the whole "patient" thing? i love my chemical romance but havnt done enough research on the black parade to know. is the whole cd a story of his life? or is it just a few songs?? i'v been stressing over this for AGES please help... Crying or Very sad
GerardISgod93
Killjoy
GerardISgod93
January 5th, 2007 at 11:41am
I agree...
and its an AMAZING song...Very Happy
demolition_doll
Killjoy
demolition_doll
January 6th, 2007 at 10:40pm
hey everyone. im kinda new here [but ive been a fan of mcr for a long time]..
nyway, whats gerard referring to when he sings, "the demons, and all the non-believers, the plans that they have made.." i have an idea that its some sort of a christian but im not sure.
Mickiis12
Killjoy
Mickiis12
January 7th, 2007 at 11:04am
OMG. To the other people who are MCR fans. READ THEIR BOOK> The one that comes in th box set. Read it. Or even listen to any of the MCR interviews and gerard explains it!
kid_vicious
Killjoy
kid_vicious
January 8th, 2007 at 03:30am
the.chic.with.ocd:
I think the black parade is death. Sort of a darkness that should be celebrated. 'We'll carry on' and other lyrics in the song spell that out for me. Remember those who are gone and live for them. I think it might have something to do with the Ways' grandma.
maybe

Wink
OurLadyofSorrows4977
Killjoy
OurLadyofSorrows4977
January 10th, 2007 at 09:07pm
I think that THE BLACK PARADE is about the patient's best memory as a child, going to a parade with his father. Then, as he laid in hsi hospital bed, dying from CANCER, death comes to him in the form of a black parade. Black standing for DEATH!!
iheartsmcr1994
Killjoy
iheartsmcr1994
January 11th, 2007 at 07:57pm
the.chic.with.ocd:
I think the black parade is death. Sort of a darkness that should be celebrated. 'We'll carry on' and other lyrics in the song spell that out for me. Remember those who are gone and live for them. I think it might have something to do with the Ways' grandma.
The Black Parade is about a boy who is Dying and Gerard says it is Death coming for u in your own way and The Paitent is dying with his greatest memory A Parade!
Luvin_GW_4evr
Killjoy
Luvin_GW_4evr
January 12th, 2007 at 04:39pm
dudes its about death.... and i remeber in Thank You for ther Venom they go
"say goodbye, to the last parade etc..." its something about the journey to heaven or somthing........ ^_^ Dance Very Happy