Don't have an account? Create one!

Welcome To The Black Parade

AuthorMessage
mcrfandude
Killjoy
mcrfandude
February 15th, 2007 at 08:10pm
the black parade obviously symbolizes death and how it come for this certain person in the song and video "The patient" he is remembering how his dad took him to the parade as a boy. hence the video. and the song the black parade. when you die and r crossing over n shit you relive or whatever you fondest memory.
Jeffree Star
Motor Baby
Jeffree Star
March 1st, 2007 at 12:08pm
I have quite alot to say LOL anyway:

In some ways this song is kind of spiritual. Gerard is kind of roleplaying. In it his father is sort of in a way God . For instance like this line"He said, "Son when you grow up,
would you be the savior of the broken,
the beaten and the damned?"
He said "Will you defeat them,
your demons, and all the non-believers,
the plans that they have made?"

And Gerard is playing the role of Jesus. Another example is. Do or die, you'll never make me
Because the world will never take my heart
Go and try, you'll never break me

This is just my point of view. LOL
Shinori
Salute You in Your Grave
Shinori
March 1st, 2007 at 01:58pm
i love this song and MCR described this as when you die you go to your happiest memory and for this guy it was when his father took him to a parade in the city
Miss Zacky Vengeance
Joining The Black Parade
Miss Zacky Vengeance
March 1st, 2007 at 03:55pm
the song itself i think is about moving on after a loss and remembering happy times.
the black parade itself i think is a parade of dead / forsaken people for the dead/ forsaken
gerard's fiance
Killjoy
gerard's fiance
March 2nd, 2007 at 09:49am
i think the song is all about the suffering of people like us, in hands of terrorist, and mcr just want to wake everybody that HEY WERE UNDER THE TERRORIST ATTACK, so WOULD YOU JOIN THE BLACK PARADE?

they really rocks!
Aww Sugar.
Killjoy
Aww Sugar.
March 2nd, 2007 at 07:19pm
Im sure ive read/seen it in an interveiw when gerard says that the guy in the hospital it freakishly young to die but anyways, his favourite childhood memory was of when his father took him a parade, something like...whenn he dies he wont be alone so they ask him to 'join the black parade' ...or something like that ? :S
yoyo_805
Killjoy
yoyo_805
March 4th, 2007 at 12:05am
i agree PassionBetweenLovers....lol my mom thought the same thing as u
mY_cHeMiCaLz
Killjoy
mY_cHeMiCaLz
March 4th, 2007 at 03:14am
I believe this song is about the memories of long past coming to you in your last moments of life on earth. The patient is remembering a great time in his life in a different state such as a regular parade turned into the black parade
mY_cHeMiCaLz
Killjoy
mY_cHeMiCaLz
March 4th, 2007 at 03:21am
I beleive this song is saying that death will come to you in anyway you want it to come to you. For example, the patient remembers a wonderful time in his life with his father and his death changes this time into what is just a parade into the Black Parade
tennant.
Full of Ephedrine
tennant.
March 5th, 2007 at 03:54pm
I think it's the moment when the patient is well and truly dead and theres no more chance of CPr or anything and all he has left is his storngest memory of his Dad taking him to the parade.
I think the chorus is his loved ones 'we'll carry on'
Possibility
Killjoy
Possibility
March 6th, 2007 at 08:58pm
I believe that this song is about a person in the hospital dying of cancer. His life is flashing before his eyes. He remembers about his "father" who "took" him "into the city to see a marching band" See the connection yet? Anyway, there is a little promise that his father said. Since he's dying, he never made that promise. Then he starts seeing things. At the VERY END of the song, POOF! he is dead!
Dance Ha Ha Clap sorry about that...
jedicam10
Fabulous Killjoy
jedicam10
March 6th, 2007 at 11:27pm
This has to be my most inspiring song. I have this song played over 100 times on my iPod. I see like to see this song aimed more to the listeners than to the story. It's about going through the roughest times and losing but still caring on living just for the sake of living. This Song probably saved my life.
Jeffree Star
Motor Baby
Jeffree Star
March 9th, 2007 at 05:53pm
yoyo_805:
i agree PassionBetweenLovers....lol my mom thought the same thing as u

Thanks Very Happy
Dancing In The Rain
Fabulous Killjoy
Dancing In The Rain
March 14th, 2007 at 09:38pm
In a couple of songs, MCR sings of a girl. I think the girl is the same girl that killed herself only days before MCR's first tour and was a good friend of Gerard's. I may just be a beginner (this is my first post) but I think that MCR made this song with NO meaning. Everyone seems to have different theories, and I think MCR meant it that way.
Dancing In The Rain
Fabulous Killjoy
Dancing In The Rain
March 14th, 2007 at 09:42pm
I miss MCR. When I first starte listening to them, I was younger and they were MY IDOL. I wasn't the happiest kid on Earth and MCR told me that it was OK to be messed up. I believed them. Now they're different. Now I don't understand them. MCR pulled me out of a dark and scary hole, and now I'm scared I'm gonna fall in again...
Dancing In The Rain
Fabulous Killjoy
Dancing In The Rain
March 14th, 2007 at 10:09pm
Is anyone even there?
Murder Magician
Salute You in Your Grave
Murder Magician
March 14th, 2007 at 11:45pm
I don't know.
I always think of this song as if theres a leader. Someone to save everyone.
But to tell them at the same time, Death isn't something to be afraid of.
angelaS2mcr
Killjoy
angelaS2mcr
March 16th, 2007 at 09:41pm
of you listen to the lyrics carefully you can see that yes the song is about death but its not only that....it is about life AFTER death "and though your dead and gone believe me, your memory wil carry on." its talking about how even though someone dies we will always remember them "defiant to the end we hear the call to carry on." here i believe it is talking about how there is a life after death.

which ever way you want to interpert it the only real way we will know is if we ask gerard way himself. but from listening to the lyrics about a hundred times i believe that the song is truely about life after death and how no-one will ever be forgoten after they leave us from this world.
DylanLee-Way
Fabulous Killjoy
DylanLee-Way
March 17th, 2007 at 04:38am
its the concept of the album....
its the patient deliriously dreaming of a parade, then he never knew he was already dead....then this band "black parade" introduces itself to the patient at once, encouraging him to join in.....

correct me if I'm wrong....that's just my interpretation.
ms.gerard way
Killjoy
ms.gerard way
March 19th, 2007 at 07:15pm
the song means like welcome to ur after life ur dead now so join us in this parade.