Don't have an account? Create one!

Welcome To The Black Parade

AuthorMessage
frank_is_kool
Killjoy
frank_is_kool
January 29th, 2008 at 08:33pm
The song "Welcome To The Black Parade" is about passing into the afterlife.
FrankIeroIsMyHeroXx
Killjoy
FrankIeroIsMyHeroXx
January 30th, 2008 at 03:01am
I Believe That When I Die, The Black Parade Will Come =]

Like, Ch'Yeah
Unafraid? whatever
Killjoy
Unafraid? whatever
January 30th, 2008 at 08:43am
The black parade tlks about what happens to you when you die. If this happens to me i will be very afraid!!! =P (but at the same time will be like OMFG it's my chem)
savannah's gone.
Bleeding on the Floor
savannah's gone.
January 31st, 2008 at 11:51am
dark_princess:
i think that this song could be about a dad explaining to his son "what ever happens you need to carry on and live your life to the full and take chances"

yea i think thats right 2 cos when u read the lyrics it makes u think that
MindlessRomance
Killjoy
MindlessRomance
February 9th, 2008 at 06:05pm
i think that this song means do not be afraid of death because all though yes it is whats going to happen ,how am i going to die? don't worry because yes once your dead your dead but you will all ways be remembered! Very Happy
shot_to_remember
Killjoy
shot_to_remember
February 13th, 2008 at 05:47pm
Bit off topic, but I don't know where else to put it:

In the booklet for the BP boxed set, Frank says that we should "listen very closely for [his] dad on this track." Does anyone know if his dad is singing, or on drums, or something else?
Tedies_dont_hug_back
Killjoy
Tedies_dont_hug_back
February 15th, 2008 at 11:52am
i think welcum 2 the blac parade is about deathand the different ways it cums 2 u. i think there sayin not 2 fear death, as its gonna cum 4 u the way u want it 2, so just be ready, its not a bad thing.
our avenged tania.
Always Born a Crime
our avenged tania.
February 15th, 2008 at 01:29pm
I always thought it was about accepting the afterlife. ._.
Infectious Insanity
Killjoy
Infectious Insanity
February 20th, 2008 at 04:27pm
um this is just my extra interpretation, but i think its him talking like he's a fan, or from his fans perspective. like his fans are going to carry on their lagacy, that we believe in them no matter what.......
although it is about the afterlife in context
helpless
Killjoy
helpless
March 5th, 2008 at 07:40pm
the song is about this guy whos father took him to a parade when he was little and when he dies this parde comes to great him
Vacant3by4
Jazz Hands
Vacant3by4
March 6th, 2008 at 11:39am
welcome to the black parade is about death, and how you are 'welcomed' there, how it comes for you.
i think it is a really beautiful meaning, and i believe that in death, you go however you want to be taken.
WickedxLovely
Killjoy
WickedxLovely
March 15th, 2008 at 09:18pm
my _18th_heartbreak:
the black parade is fuckin amazin. my chemical romance r the gods of emo!" join me in bein da emo crew and destroy chav musik 4va.
the black parade is mainly bout death but if u her the part were gerard is sayin she watchin ova me he is tlkin bout his grandma

eeeep i luv emo-ness!! its lik deep and smexy and i lurve it and i always will.Clap ...oops, i said that i lurvd it twice.... Embarassed
Hellia
Killjoy
Hellia
March 16th, 2008 at 10:09am
I love this song. I think that words:

"...We'll carry on,
We'll carry on
Though your dead and gone believe me
Your memory will carry on..."

are very common to my personal life.
WickedxLovely
Killjoy
WickedxLovely
March 20th, 2008 at 09:08pm
it tells the story of a young man, referred to as The Patient, who is dying in a hospital bed. the strongest memory from his youth is when his father took him to see a parade when he was a child, so when death comes for him, it is in the form of a Black Parade. The Patient encounters various characters leading him toward his final resting place, aiding him in the reexamination of his existence while teaching him about theirs – thereby giving The Patient new insights about the beauty of both life and death.

i didnt write this i got it of their page on the dravens site, but i do agree with it
I'm Not Okay90
Fabulous Killjoy
I'm Not Okay90
March 21st, 2008 at 11:22am
In the beginning of 'Welcome to the Black Parade', it shows a patient who is obviously reliving a time when he was a young boy and his father took him to
the city to see a marching band and told him to simply live on, to carry out his life. The patient is caught between life and death, so he sees a marching band as though he was a young boy again (being that this was obviously his fondest childhood memory). He is taken back to the city where he saw the Parade when he was a child, but now it is more desolate and melancholy. He sees the performers of the Parade, but now they are more gloomy.

He then says "I'm just a man, i'm not a hero.I'm just a boy. Whose mean't to sing this song. I'm just a man. I'm not a hero. I. Don't. Care." This basically means that he is trying to tell his father that he is not perfect and he isn't a "hero". He eventually states that what other do or say won't effect him(dissapointed faces of your peers). He also tells his father that he isn't strong
enoughto carry on.(Take a look at me, cause I can not carry on.)

Pretty much the summary is as following: A little boy went to a Parade with his Father. His Father told him" When you grow up will you carry on." Now the boy has grown up and is caught between death and life. He is trying to tell his Father that he can't carry on. He isn't a hero.
emokay7
Killjoy
emokay7
April 2nd, 2008 at 01:35pm
This song, like Helena, I believe is a song of mourning, but, unlike Helena, it is a joyous one. This person is recalling memories of their lost loved one. This makes them feel sad because if their parting, therefore the slow, sad, yet classical tone of the begginning of the song. Then, when Gerard begins shouting, this is symbolic of this persons anger at this person for leaving them behind. Then, for the rest of the song, there is an upbeat attitude that is showing the person is saying, "I will mourn and remember you, but my life will go on, and it will be as happy as Ican make it."
TheInstantClassic46
Killjoy
TheInstantClassic46
April 22nd, 2008 at 01:22pm
dark_princess:
i think that this song could be about a dad explaining to his son "what ever happens you need to carry on and live your life to the full and take chances" yea thats what i think

yeah i think that it
MagentaCR
Killjoy
MagentaCR
April 23rd, 2008 at 01:45pm
I was thinking today about another thing the Black Parade could also represent.
I think it is everyone who is upset and hurting. Not like, over stupid little things they'll be over by the next day.. but people who'se lives are really screwed up at the time, who'se little black hearts can't take anymore... yet they go on with everyday life anyway and 'carry on'.
Some show it on the outside by darkening thier clothes and looking tragic, others show it by crying, others don't let it show at all, but are in pain all the same.
Perhaps you're one of those people. The black parade shows that you're not alone.. there are hundreds of people out there who are also hurting, though you may be unaware. No-one is more or less important, they all come together to form this black parade of sadness.

Does that make any sense?

Obviously I know it is abotu the patient and stuff, but as with most songs I think theres also a lot of personal interpretation you can do.
listen to your heart
In The Murder Scene
listen to your heart
May 13th, 2008 at 07:56am
i read in a magazine that it is about mikey when he was young.well,you get the idea
darenmay
Thinking Happy Thoughts
darenmay
May 28th, 2008 at 05:05am
where do you go when you die? do you join the black parade?
wherever you go, your memories will carry on.