Don't have an account? Create one!

Welcome To The Black Parade

AuthorMessage
Rain Through Me
Banned
Rain Through Me
January 13th, 2007 at 02:55pm
well i think the black parade means someone dying and then u death comeiing to u as one of ur childhood memories or a family member thats dead or something like that but when death comes to u it supposed to be happy or about death sorrow if /and ur going to hell lol but it supposed to bring another chapter in ur new yet dead life
Rain Through Me
Banned
Rain Through Me
January 13th, 2007 at 02:55pm
lol
Jeffree Star
Motor Baby
Jeffree Star
January 14th, 2007 at 03:13pm
airwave parade:
I have a few paragraphs to explain parts of this song that I've copied from my blog & edited:

In the beginning, the song talks of the main character's (the patient's) memories of his father's words said to him when he was little. The way that Gerard sings it means to convey a tone of innocence for the patient's recollection of his memories of childhood- of seeing a marching band with his father, however, before the 2nd verse is even sung, there is something in Gerard's voice that tells us there is an underlying negativity of the patient's memories. (Note that Gerard is the patient's voice telling the patient's story)

We are affirmed of the feeling described above when the 2nd verse is sung- from the scream-like singing, we can tell that the patient is caught in a struggle between carrying out his father's wishes for him to be the saviour of the broken, beaten and the damned- and his own burdens of his grown up life. These may include regret, resentment and impacts of tragedies that may have happened.

Also, when the patient recalls his father's hope for him to be the saviour, it is a 'wake up call' for him to know that he has more to his life and that he needs to win the battle with sickness. From the viewpoint of the patient as a young boy, having his father place such a hope on him imparts strength into the boy- it lets him know that there is at least one person who believes and has confidence in him. It calls him to live with his head held high. We can tell by Gerard's singing on the tv screen with his eyes fixed on something above symbolising the future.

The meaning of the Black Parade:
It seems like it means hell, but I think it has multiple layers of meanings. It may encompass emotions, the degraded world we exist in, and all the dissent there is. The fact that the patient rises out of the bed, the room destroyed; and joins the parade may mean that he has recovered, only to join the world again that is as good as hell can get. The patient is swept up by this disgusting band that represents all the evil there is and continues living a life as miserable as the one he lived in the hospital bed. This black parade however, is a force to drive the patient through life nonetheless. It is sarcastic when it rewards him with a medal that anything but glorious.

The reason why I think it's not hell is that the 'carry on' part doesn't make sense if you're dead in hell. This is where there is confusion if it's linked back to the father's words, "but one day I'll leave you a phantom to lead you in the summer to join the black parade". Maybe the father can foretell that the world his son will grow up in will not be as pure as a little boy would think it is.

I think the rest is pretty self-explanatory- the sound of struggle between surrender and determination is carried out through the 2nd half of the song- the central theme.

whoaaaaaaaaaaaa thats alot of paragraphs lol thanks
Previously Perfect.
Jazz Hands
Previously Perfect.
January 16th, 2007 at 12:36am
well i reckon that the guy in the hospitall could represent a war hospital. hes the son and gerard is like his imagination talking about his memories ladidadida...
so now hes left the war, his memory of his fathers words are flashing through his mind before death. then the walls collapse ladidadida...
then he sees the black parade, (which are truely awesome, dont get me wrong) and when gerard says "sometimes i get the feeling shes watching over me" i reckon thats his grandma and the part when he says "and through it all the rise and fall the bodies in the streets" i reckon that could have something to do with war. like coz he could have been a broken soldier ladidadida...
i reckon the whole black parade thing could have something to do with dying and reliving the memory of his father and the parade but in a death way like in the opposite. i reckon that when his dad died he became on eof the black parade and so he sent like a message for him to join too. whatever thats just what i think.
ashes.to.ashes
Killjoy
ashes.to.ashes
January 16th, 2007 at 04:31pm
the whole idea is that death comes to you in your own way and the patients(probably dieing frm CANCER!) strongest memory fro chilhood is his dad taking him 2 the city to see a marching band so death comes for him as this black parade taking him on the journey though death
ok ok ok... i made my point lol Smile (тнєšє αяє му ●ƒαмσυš ℓαšт ωσя∂š●Wink
Rain Through Me
Banned
Rain Through Me
January 17th, 2007 at 07:13pm
black_my_eyes_mcr:
the whole idea is that death comes to you in your own way and the patients(probably dieing frm CANCER!) strongest memory fro chilhood is his dad taking him 2 the city to see a marching band so death comes for him as this black parade taking him on the journey though death
ok ok ok... i made my point lol Smile (тнєšє αяє му ●ƒαмσυš ℓαšт ωσя∂š●Wink

that's wut i said only longer well kinda of wat i said Disgust
gerardwaylovao8
Killjoy
gerardwaylovao8
January 18th, 2007 at 11:40am
I listen to this song all the time and think about how when people die, the people left will still be here. And even though they are "dead and gone,their memory will carry on". I also think it is giving a message to be who you want to be, even if your peers dont like it. BE YOUR FREEKIN SELF and the real friends you have will love you and remember u when you are gone- but as a friend, not a freak!!
Lata...
Tabi Kat.
DoItTheGerardWay
Killjoy
DoItTheGerardWay
January 18th, 2007 at 05:40pm
The Song Is Great And The Meaning Is Deep, Writing From Past Experiences Really Relates Me To The Song
EquationForLove
Killjoy
EquationForLove
January 19th, 2007 at 08:50pm
I don't remember where I heard it from, it was either when they were Artist of the Month On Demand or in a magazine.... but anyways...

Gerard was talking about how he visualizes death as something that comes to you in a memory you have. Liiiike... the patient remembers going to the city, to see a marching band with his father. Now that he's dying, that memory is like... coming to take him away.

It's hard to explain. I don't remember exactly what Gerard said. But yeaa...
EquationForLove
Killjoy
EquationForLove
January 19th, 2007 at 08:53pm
love_iz_okae:
well i reckon that the guy in the hospitall could represent a war hospital. hes the son and gerard is like his imagination talking about his memories ladidadida...
so now hes left the war, his memory of his fathers words are flashing through his mind before death. then the walls collapse ladidadida...
then he sees the black parade, (which are truely awesome, dont get me wrong) and when gerard says "sometimes i get the feeling shes watching over me" i reckon thats his grandma and the part when he says "and through it all the rise and fall the bodies in the streets" i reckon that could have something to do with war. like coz he could have been a broken soldier ladidadida...
i reckon the whole black parade thing could have something to do with dying and reliving the memory of his father and the parade but in a death way like in the opposite. i reckon that when his dad died he became on eof the black parade and so he sent like a message for him to join too. whatever thats just what i think.

Wow, that's a good explanation. =)
The Breakfast Monkey
Killjoy
The Breakfast Monkey
January 23rd, 2007 at 11:33am
it means when you die, its possible heaven is how ever you want it, and the paitent's fondest memory is his father takes him to the city to see a marching band when he was a little kid.

Surprised DUH!
the-black-parade
Killjoy
the-black-parade
January 26th, 2007 at 01:47pm
as far as i have been informed, a "black parade" is like a funeral procession. Also, in the song, Gerard says "Though your dead and gone, believe me, Your memory will carry on ". I don't know about you, but that says "death" to me.
dread_cry999
Fabulous Killjoy
dread_cry999
January 26th, 2007 at 10:43pm
I believe that "Welcome to the Black Parade" has multiple meanings.

As a story its about the patient... I think we've all heard the story by now. Patient is ill, meets many people in the black parade. Dad gives him strength and hope to survive.

As a message to everyone... I feel its a message to everyone, we all have hardships. Some may seem harder than others but for everyone, no matter the hardship, there is always hope. It's just MCR instilling hope in people to "carry on" through their problems, through there troubles and ultimate survive it all.
xoxbabyxox
Fabulous Killjoy
xoxbabyxox
January 29th, 2007 at 05:53pm
well we all know the whole story about the song but i like to think that maybe its also about how when your friends and loved ones go you will be left and all you can do is move on. so i feel it can be about life and death cause death is part of life.
beautifully-cha0tic
Killjoy
beautifully-cha0tic
January 29th, 2007 at 07:37pm
this is from an interview i read from Gerard..
"i didnt want the black parade to be the cliche of your life flashes before your eyes, but i really wanted to imagine what you would be thinking before youe die"
"When death finally comes for tha patient, it doesnt appear as a hooded and cloaked reaper, it assumes the form of a fond memory from somewhere in his subconscious - a parade from his childhood. Not a funeral parade but a fun parade."
"the question is would you even be thinking about stupid stuff, those weird moments that you didnt remeber untill then, like seing a parade with your dad? did that moment even happen?
well yeah..just some info from the gee man himself..tehe
the-black-parade
Killjoy
the-black-parade
January 31st, 2007 at 09:39am
I watched Spotlight, and how it was explained it was like "when you die, you get taken by your best memory and led to your final destination. In the case of the paitient, his best memory was about his father taking him into the city to see a parade"
fxckingChelz''
Killjoy
fxckingChelz''
February 6th, 2007 at 05:08am
those last two sound pretty right.

i still think it'd be an awesome send off to death...My Chem Singing To You...and there's mikey playin his bass....................oh im off subject XD

Mikey is the Shiz. (Shiz Is A Gud Thing XD)
mcr-punk
Killjoy
mcr-punk
February 7th, 2007 at 01:48pm
dread_cry999
Fabulous Killjoy
dread_cry999
February 12th, 2007 at 08:38pm
"To The End-
To the last parade
When the parties fade
And the choice you made
To the End."

These lyrics are the last 4 lines of "To The End" from 3 cheers... could it be possible that this was a prediction or forshadowing of the Black Parade?...and the song... being To The End... and ironicly... the first song of the Black Parade is The End... tell me... what do you think about all this?
Q-Pod
Killjoy
Q-Pod
February 12th, 2007 at 11:44pm
Q-Pod:
I think that the parade are the people memories during the wwII because if you see the video yo can see a woman wearing a mask that was used during that warand that what Gerard is trying to say is that people wont forget never the people that died during that period of time but the parade as it are the death persons that's why in the song it says"i'll leave you a phantom to lead you in the summer and join the black parade" the pacient's father knows his son will die in a summer inthe future and he tells his son that he will send a ghost to lead him and join the parade