Welcome To The Black Parade

AuthorMessage
the_murder_scene
Killjoy
the_murder_scene
April 18th, 2007 at 05:49am
the part of the song that says
'im just a man, im not a hero, just a boy, who had to sing this song'
i think this is saying to everyone (even to fans) that he isnt a hero and he is just a nomral man like every noraml man out there, and he had to sing this song for his fans to let people know what life is really like for them....this song is my favourite...its a legend of MCR
xoxo
gerardwayfan101
Killjoy
gerardwayfan101
April 19th, 2007 at 09:13pm
honestly. i think that the meaning of this song is just welcomeing their album about death && dieing, cancer, etc. even though all of their songs are about death they are still conforting 2 me. i dont know why. Very Happy
MyGeekyRomance
Killjoy
MyGeekyRomance
April 20th, 2007 at 05:10pm
I watched the making of the video for this song on youtube...and gerard says that it is about someone dying...the start is about the paitent's fondest childhood memory which was going to see a parade with his dad...the rest of the song is telling the paitent that he is dead...and he has joind the parade...but the parade is now dead...and the paitent is dead...so the song is telling the paitent that he is dead...and now the parade is dead it is called the black parade.

if you get what i mean

So basicly you join the black parade when you die Very Happy
DeToxic8_MCRmy
Killjoy
DeToxic8_MCRmy
April 21st, 2007 at 01:25am
No, but by choosing Death we shall Live!
xodemolition-loverox
Killjoy
xodemolition-loverox
April 21st, 2007 at 05:31am
i think the patients dad leaves him hence ''to lead you in the summer''
X.:IMNOTEMO:.X
Thinking Happy Thoughts
April 21st, 2007 at 01:15pm
This song reminds me of THE DAY OF THE DEAD. Its a mexican celebration to remmber all the members in your family that have died.Im mexican but I dont know all about day of the dead.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
April 21st, 2007 at 01:17pm
Also theres parades in day of the dead and alot of people wear black and wear skull masks. "we'll carry on your memory"
YoungHearts
Killjoy
YoungHearts
April 21st, 2007 at 01:19pm
its about the patient dying and starting his journey. Celebrating his life with his strongest memory which was going into the city with his dad to see a parade. I think the song is Celeberating the Patients Life and Death.
DeToxic8_MCRmy
Killjoy
DeToxic8_MCRmy
April 21st, 2007 at 05:26pm
I think It's sheer, genius! it makes INO have a Direction; makes a Fan Club into a Movement!
emo drama queen
Salute You in Your Grave
emo drama queen
April 24th, 2007 at 12:33am
i think this song is all about loosing ur father?! 0.0 LOL! or maybe this is about a person who pass away.... i hard to accept for the ppol who lost but they said they can handle it and they will "CARRY ON" hihihiihihihi... LOL!
DeToxic8_MCRmy
Killjoy
DeToxic8_MCRmy
April 24th, 2007 at 08:27am
Dit toi; " Vive Le 'Black Parade' ". C'est Francais!, Les Francais sont 'cool'
Le Gerard sont dit!!! on 4/19/07.
fun ghoul
In a Bullet's Embrace
fun ghoul
April 26th, 2007 at 12:38pm
i think the song revolves around the character The Patient. i think he's in purgatory or something. and the part where the patient recieves the medallion is for living his life (i got that from somewhere)
i really like the song and the video, its so creative and the marching costumes are rockin'
i love the creativity and the structure of the song and the video, who doesn't? Very Happy
kurbst0mp_
Killjoy
kurbst0mp_
April 29th, 2007 at 04:21am
Gerard's said in an interview that The Black Parade is a darker version of the patient's memories.
it's not hell.
emogirl13
Killjoy
emogirl13
May 6th, 2007 at 10:44pm
i think that the song meaning of wttbp is...

it was what ray and gerard said though

when peps die that death comes to you in a form of anything you want.
and for the patient it was of when his dad took him to a parade.
bellevillexx
Really Not Okay
bellevillexx
May 10th, 2007 at 10:45pm
Welcome To the Black Parade. The title kinda draws you in, doesn't it? This is a really epic song. I think it's about trying to welcome death and accept it. As The Patient is dying, he remembers when he went to see a parade with his father, where his father asked of him something that seems honestly impossible. How is he supposed to be the savior of the beaten, broken, and damned? How is he supposed to defeat all his demons, all the nonbelievers, and all their plans? The second time he goes through this memory, it's almost desperate, like he's intensely regretting the fact that he didn't follow through on his father's wish for him. He knows that his father wanted him to have an accomplished and fullfilling life. In the quicker part of the song, he seems to be rebelling against the fact that he's dying, trying to live while he can, trying to let people know that there's more to life than living and they should do something worthwhile, that carrying on through your fears is the best thing you can do, and that the opinion of your peers doesn't matter, and that you shouldn't care what anyone thinks of you because life is too short to live the life that someone else wants you to live. But while singing this anthem, he still claims to be "just a man." He doesn't want to be a hero, he just wants to get his message out, so other people can carry on and be happy, while he joins the Black Parade and joins his father in death.
Solitary Style.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Solitary Style.
May 11th, 2007 at 02:25am
As.IF:
Welcome To the Black Parade. The title kinda draws you in, doesn't it? This is a really epic song. I think it's about trying to welcome death and accept it. As The Patient is dying, he remembers when he went to see a parade with his father, where his father asked of him something that seems honestly impossible. How is he supposed to be the savior of the beaten, broken, and damned? How is he supposed to defeat all his demons, all the nonbelievers, and all their plans? The second time he goes through this memory, it's almost desperate, like he's intensely regretting the fact that he didn't follow through on his father's wish for him. He knows that his father wanted him to have an accomplished and fullfilling life. In the quicker part of the song, he seems to be rebelling against the fact that he's dying, trying to live while he can, trying to let people know that there's more to life than living and they should do something worthwhile, that carrying on through your fears is the best thing you can do, and that the opinion of your peers doesn't matter, and that you shouldn't care what anyone thinks of you because life is too short to live the life that someone else wants you to live. But while singing this anthem, he still claims to be "just a man." He doesn't want to be a hero, he just wants to get his message out, so other people can carry on and be happy, while he joins the Black Parade and joins his father in death.

I like this--it seems to sum up a lot of different people's theories about the plot in general, and individual lines.

BUT, I haven't found any posts at all about the meaning of "savior of the broken." I really can't fit that together--what is his father really asking him to do?
bellevillexx
Really Not Okay
bellevillexx
May 11th, 2007 at 07:21pm
Solitary Style.:
As.IF:

I like this--it seems to sum up a lot of different people's theories about the plot in general, and individual lines.

BUT, I haven't found any posts at all about the meaning of "savior of the broken." I really can't fit that together--what is his father really asking him to do?

Thanks.

Hmm. That's a good question. I think the point is to not know, and I think that was part of the Patient's problem--he couldn't fullfill his father's wishes because he couldn't fully understand what was asked of him.
Catastrophic Dreams
Jazz Hands
Catastrophic Dreams
May 13th, 2007 at 01:53pm
bellevillexx:
Solitary Style.:
As.IF:

Thanks.

Hmm. That's a good question. I think the point is to not know, and I think that was part of the Patient's problem--he couldn't fullfill his father's wishes because he couldn't fully understand what was asked of him.
it sums everything up
i agree
xxxdarkangelxxx
Fabulous Killjoy
xxxdarkangelxxx
May 16th, 2007 at 09:36am
song is about what gee's father said to him when he was little...black parade is the parade of memories, I think...
mcr--freak
Killjoy
mcr--freak
May 18th, 2007 at 08:19am
I think its bout, someone dying and then the band is getting him and taking him to the after-life...