Don't have an account? Create one!

Welcome To The Black Parade

AuthorMessage
J.wolf
Killjoy
J.wolf
May 19th, 2007 at 02:16am
gerard said in the making of the vid that this song is about "whan death comes fr u he beleves andfeels tha it comes for u howeveru want and if its a, black sadan, guy on a bike or a prity grl, or something its, its something. so the man in the hopital bed his best memmory of childhood is oing 2 a parade w/ his father, so whan he passes on in the hospitol bed at a tradicly young age. he is than picked up by the black parade and brought along on a journy with is best memmory(a parade)
so baciclyhe is saing....... death is wht u make of it and it ends how it should end for you wich would be the best memory you have...
ImNOTasexualperson
Killjoy
ImNOTasexualperson
May 19th, 2007 at 02:20am
im sorry but if nobody gets the topic of this song they r dumb athes (w/ a lisp)
MCR FREAK
Fabulous Killjoy
MCR FREAK
May 20th, 2007 at 12:26pm
About when you die it's not the end, you still carry on...i can't rmember the rest but there a whole thing bout it on you tube you know

=]
am_I_OK?
Killjoy
am_I_OK?
May 21st, 2007 at 08:03am
Welcome to the Black Parade is my favourite song of all time, (and I'm not OK)
It always makes me think of my relationship with my dad (he's still alive by the way)
I love it so much I always end up screaming out the lyrics and crying...
My dad loves MCR (I introduced him to it) and he says he wants it played at his funeral. It's about carring on, never giving up, trusting your heart, remembering those who died and dying for the cause that you believe in...
And it's something that I would die for too...
tiohorse
Killjoy
tiohorse
May 22nd, 2007 at 11:12am
Gerard said in the making of the video,"The song is about death and death coming to you the way you want it to." so that is what I think it means
Dancing In The Rain
Fabulous Killjoy
Dancing In The Rain
May 27th, 2007 at 11:52pm
The cancer patient is dying and when he dies, he joins the Black Parade to go over his life again. He sees what he's done and meets Fear, Regret, and Mother War.
Albus Severus
Joining The Black Parade
Albus Severus
June 1st, 2007 at 09:55am
Even though the beginning is definitely the patient's memories, I always see this song as his funeral song. It just seems like something that the patient's loved ones would think/say. I know I'm totally wrong on that, but I heard the song before I even knew the band's name. (lol)
guiltfeeder
Killjoy
guiltfeeder
June 4th, 2007 at 04:10am
Well, I read an interview of MCR. They said it's about a dying man simply reffered to as "The Patient", whose strongest memory is when his father took him to The Black Parade. When death comes for him, it's in form of the parade. Here The Patient encounters different characters leading him to his final resting place while helping him re-examine his life & learn about theirs as well. This leads him (& the viewers) to gain new insights on the beauty of life & death
DeToxic8_MCRmy
Killjoy
DeToxic8_MCRmy
June 7th, 2007 at 09:29pm
No, the Patient can't be Dead! the Black Parade saved him! He, willlll!! Clap
be back. The Operation was a Failure, the Patient is Alive!!! ;
Because Gerard is a Super-Hero in his Dreams, and in Ours!
dededirnt
Killjoy
dededirnt
June 11th, 2007 at 02:57am
I think behind all the concept of the patient and the black parade in the song gerard is talking about his grandma.
in the lyrics
"Sometimes I get the feeling she's watching over me."
and the chorus
"We'll carry on,
We'll carry on
And though you're dead and gone believe me
Your memory will carry on
We'll carry on"
kimmithewonderful
Killjoy
kimmithewonderful
June 11th, 2007 at 02:15pm
This song means that death is coming to you and you should deal with death. And that is what "Welcome To the Black Parade Means.
ImNOTasexualperson
Killjoy
ImNOTasexualperson
June 15th, 2007 at 12:32am
i believe it's a metaphor for your own death and how even if it's horrible (the way you die) everything will be alright
Marek Angel of Reven
Killjoy
Marek Angel of Reven
June 16th, 2007 at 01:50pm
am_I_OK?:
Welcome to the Black Parade is my favourite song of all time, (and I'm not OK)
It always makes me think of my relationship with my dad (he's still alive by the way)
I love it so much I always end up screaming out the lyrics and crying...
My dad loves MCR (I introduced him to it) and he says he wants it played at his funeral. It's about carring on, never giving up, trusting your heart, remembering those who died and dying for the cause that you believe in...
And it's something that I would die for too...

Heh heh. Darlin', ya took the words RIGHT outta my mouth. Tell your daddy to rock on.
But yeah, thats what I've ALWAYS thought it was about.
linaluvsmcr
Killjoy
linaluvsmcr
June 29th, 2007 at 11:48am
well i think its wen a person just died that person is kinda just feeling like they r nowere and they just feel empty inside
Lounge Fly
Bleeding on the Floor
Lounge Fly
July 4th, 2007 at 08:36pm
Okay, this is just my theory:

The first two verses are The Patient in a coma, reminiscing about being a kid and his father taking him to see a marching band.

After he has this memory, he has a spurt of determination to carry out his father's wish to be "the saviour of the broken, the beaten, and the damned" but once he gets up to go, he has second thoughts. The final verses are his father speaking subconsiously to him, reminding him that he isn't dead yet, and he can still fight for his life and to carry out his wish.

Just my theory. Feel free to correct me.
DeToxic8_MCRmy
Killjoy
DeToxic8_MCRmy
July 9th, 2007 at 10:11pm
shadow_666:
Okay, this is just my theory:

The first two verses are The Patient in a coma, reminiscing about being a kid and his father taking him to see a marching band.

After he has this memory, he has a spurt of determination to carry out his father's wish to be "the saviour of the broken, the beaten, and the damned" but once he gets up to go, he has second thoughts. The final verses are his father speaking subconsiously to him, reminding him that he isn't dead yet, and he can still fight for his life and to carry out his wish.

Just my theory. Feel free to correct me.
That's what I meant, yea 'I am not afraid to keep on Living' but it's so hard when you lose a family member/lover/loyal friend to Death. I know the Patient is a fictional char. but he makes me think of a real person, I Thought the Patient was Gerard at first but now I think that the Patient is Mute & Gerard is his voice, as well as the voice of all who cannot speak for themselves. By the Way, do any of you know the name of the actor who playes the Patient in the Video?
square_fan
Killjoy
square_fan
July 18th, 2007 at 07:04am
Gerard sasy this like ALOT, its about a boy who is dyin at a young age, and he is dying in the hospital. and gerard says, that "what if death came for you in your most cherrished memory?", and the boys most cherished memory is a parade his father took him to in the city when he was a child. and in the music video, you see all the parade going on and the band "the black parade" is basiclly saying, dude, your dead, and we are here to take you.

he says i ALOT on the interviews before the CD release.
goffman
Killjoy
goffman
July 22nd, 2007 at 02:36pm
well, i think its about the personification of death, who comes to people in their fondest memory. the patients fondest memory is seeing a marching band with is dad as a kid, so death comes as a freaky-ass parade. the patient thinks that when he dies no one will remember him, so death is trying to encourage him into the beyond by saying "your memory will carry on". whether this works or not i have no idea
goffman
Killjoy
goffman
July 22nd, 2007 at 02:38pm
my _18th_heartbreak:
the black parade is fuckin amazin. my chemical romance r the gods of emo!" join me in bein da emo crew and destroy chav musik 4va.
the black parade is mainly bout death but if u her the part were gerard is sayin she watchin ova me he is tlkin bout his grandma

... okaaay. riiight, MC aren't exactly emo, and to be honest, you talk very chavvy. im just saying this to be honest.
Cloud Strife.
Banned
Cloud Strife.
July 27th, 2007 at 02:21pm
MCR is not emo.
Anyways, WTTBP is basically the Patient being taken to the parade........

"We'll CARRY ON"

Basically, it also tells about a problem and that one can get past it.
In this case, DEATH...