Don't have an account? Create one!

Meeting MCR (life changing)

AuthorMessage
ACCOUNT INACTIVE
Really Not Okay
ACCOUNT INACTIVE
August 3rd, 2007 at 05:52pm
god, if i ever meet MCR, I'll be a sobbing wreck!!
dinosrawr
Salute You in Your Grave
dinosrawr
August 25th, 2007 at 06:27pm
oh my goodness... we met Gerard and Frank after Projekt Rev.
and i was shaking so hard, it wasn't funny.
i told Gerard about how he upset me when he walked by at the london show in May....
and he didn't try to defend himself- he knew it was a jerk thing to do.
so...he apologized and said that it was a hard tour and that he wasn't really feeling that well on it.
i told him about how i was proud of him that he was able to overcome his addictions to be who he is today, and that is music is so so inspiring to me.
he said that was so nice to hear, and "thank you for saying that"
and...i knew in that instant that any rumours we've been hearing about Gee can't be true...
because he's still the ABSOLUTE sweetheart that he always was.
and i was so glad. in tears, but so glad.

and Frank, well he's always so cute.
i gave him my purple 'Erase Hate' bracelet- it's for gay rights.
i got it at the cyndi lauper show...but yeah.
he was so cute.
"frank, i've actually got something for you."
"what is it?!"
"a...bracelet"
"give it to me!"
he was so childish, Razz
but i actually got to put it on his wrist and everything, which i found cool.

we didn't 'meet' bob.
but he said hey to us as he smoked out a back window of their tour bus.
and matt cortez showed up, but he was too hungry to do any signings.
went straight for the BBQ behind the bus.
ray was watching cartoons on the bus, and we were watching them with him through the windows of the bus too -until some teenies started yelling at the Toro. it irked me a tad.

but...now i'm off to New York.
maybe i'll see the boys there, who knows?
they're playing a show while i'm there...but my mom won't let me buy tickets for it...but they may come into the city.
and in that case, i'll be prowling every starbucks in the surrounding area.

have a good rest of summer everyone!
xoxo
xChemicalxAddictionx
Killjoy
xChemicalxAddictionx
August 27th, 2007 at 03:19am
Awwwwwwwww MAN I'm crying over here. You and me got somethin in common then, they saved me too. You're so lucky. I really hope i get the same chance you did. I really do. I'm so glad you got to meet them, it's wonderful!
Torosaurus.
Always Born a Crime
Torosaurus.
August 27th, 2007 at 04:46pm
Lucky girl!
When I meet Frank I'm gonna give him a Green Day bracelet and a patch of the Misfits xD
And tell him how much they saved my life and stuff.
I'm probably gonna stutter =/ And of course an autograph and picture of him and me. that day would be so awesome and never leave my memories!
Shannon's Not Okay
Jazz Hands
Shannon's Not Okay
August 28th, 2007 at 04:36am
I met Gerard on Sunday In Love

I saw him watching MSI and me and my sister snuck backstage of the Revolution stage and waited by the ramp they use to get off stage...
and like..
we didn't have passes or anything, so we just kinda like acted like we were supposed to be there.
And there was security EVERYWHERE.
I was so freaked out.
So we sat down on the back of one of the bands trailers where all their equipment was and just sorta stayed there for all of MSI's set.
Halfway through sitting there we realized we were sitting on MSI's trailer xD
And when the band was done, me and my sister walked over to the ramp (no one like.. asked if we even had passes, it was so wierd)..
Like, all the bands that played the Revolution stage, all of their tour buses were right there... we were sitting right next to all of them.
Two of the guys from Madina Lake came out of their bus and said hi and stuff.
It was surreal.
Next thing you know Gerard and Lyn-Z come down off the stage holding hands and stuff and I was just like holy shit.

Gee was standing literally right next to me, so my sister tapped him on the shoulder and was like "Hey Gerard, I dont mean to bother you but..." and then Worm was like "no, hes not doing autographs" and my sister was just like "I was only gonna ask him for a handshake.." and Gerard was like "Aw yeah, sure" and shook her hand, then mine.
We talked to Lyn-Z for a while, shes really sweet.
And I showed Gee the tattoo I have on my wrist of from when I met Frank in May (its Franks sig) and Gerard like grabbed my hand and examined it and was like "wow, thats so fucking awesome!" and I was like "aw thanks..... I really want your sig tattooed on my other wrist".
See the thing was, was that me and my sister weren't supposed to be back there... so we had to act like we were with one of the bands or something, so we couldn't like, freak out or ask to take a pic with him and shit (which really sucked btw).
But to my surprise Gerard was just like "Aw really? Do you have a marker? Cuz I'll do it right now..." and I was like "yeah! I have a marker.." and I started digging through my purse, and I couldn't find it xD
I was freaking out though cuz he was like, standing there.. waiting. haha. I got really embarrassed and I was like "omg, I'm so sorry.. I have so much crap in here..." and I was still searching for it, and he started talking to Lyn-Z... till I finally found it and was like "I found it!" and handed it to him.
It was so funny cuz it was a sharpie marker, but its really wierd looking, like the tip of it... so when he opened the marker, he kinda stopped for a second and looked really closely to the tip of it and then signed my wrist xD

We stayed back there for like 30-40 min just like, hanging with Gerard, Lyn-Z and Worm xD

But Gee & Lyn-Z went back to MSI's bus for like 15 min, and then they came out and came back over to us and said hi and stuff...
I mean, I dont want to say too much, cuz I kinda feel like I'm invading Gerard's personal life, so I'll just say there was alot of PDA going on between him and Lyn-Z.
It was cute though.
So yeah, Gee & Lyn-Z were talking to some people and Worm was like to me and my sister "Gerard is meeting his girlfriends family for the first time"
(so in my head I was like wow, it was just totally confirmed that they're actually going out... which I mean was really obvious to me that whole time, but still)...
right after that a security guy walked up to us and was like "Do you two have passes?"
and my sister was like "oh.. no.. the gate was open and we came in here and no one stopped us..." and he was just like "eh, its okay.. we're closing down back here anyways right now, so just leave and you'll be fine"
So we did.

O.O
omfg.
I still cant believe that all of that actually happened.
It is like a fucking overload.
I wish I could've gotten pics when I was back there, but there was security everywhere and I didn't want to get kicked out =(
ImNotOkay3505
Salute You in Your Grave
ImNotOkay3505
August 28th, 2007 at 05:48am
^ aww man that's amazing!
electro
Salute You in Your Grave
electro
August 28th, 2007 at 02:13pm
Woah,you're really lucky! Smile
Shannon's Not Okay
Jazz Hands
Shannon's Not Okay
August 28th, 2007 at 03:40pm
thanks ^_^
Torosaurus.
Always Born a Crime
Torosaurus.
August 28th, 2007 at 05:56pm
Oh my god!! Ha! you and your sis are really lucky you got to talk to them ^^
Wolf Child
Killjoy
Wolf Child
August 28th, 2007 at 09:32pm
You lucky lucky f##kers.I wish i could meet them. If i met them i'd probaly give them my comics i've written about them or my guitar pick or something. (If anyone would like to see the comics I will of finnished the first one in a monthish so pm me then) I carnt belive you got to meet them. i'm going to ther consert in sheffild(november) and that will be incredible enoth.
shitthatwascyanide
Salute You in Your Grave
shitthatwascyanide
August 28th, 2007 at 10:10pm
AAAAAAAAA
this thread is depressing for me
how does one go about meeting them????????
Nutella With Forks
Motor Baby
Nutella With Forks
August 29th, 2007 at 05:27pm
You're so lucky!! They seem so lovely...
And funny...I was crying at random shouting...=P

Edit: EH..yes...that was in reply to the first story...

Rest are like...*sigh* I wanna meet them...they sound niceful...
alixdflame
Killjoy
alixdflame
September 1st, 2007 at 07:49pm
OMG- all u ppl that have met them are like not even lucky- YOU ARE BLESSED! i hope i can have the same oportunity at least once! im probably gonna b crying like a dumbazz - i cried with the first story i read, and its REALLY hard to make me cry- so yea, im very happy for all the blessed ppl that met them!
desert skies.
Shotgun Sinner
desert skies.
September 2nd, 2007 at 03:04am
God I'm so fucking jealous!
I'm determined to meet them. I just don't know what I'll do when I finally get to! Probably cry Crying or Very sad
or stand there in awe for a few minutes Shocked
dinosrawr
Salute You in Your Grave
dinosrawr
September 2nd, 2007 at 04:05am
that is SO cute;
Gee meeting her family for the first time...
he must have been a little nervous.
i'm glad that you got to talk to him.

and...everyone who wants to meet them- have faith.
because i was literally praying that Gee would come out last week.
and when he did, i knew that there had to be someone watching out for me.
even if it was gerard watching me cry through the fence.
faith, that's the key.
Shannon's Not Okay
Jazz Hands
Shannon's Not Okay
September 2nd, 2007 at 04:49am
^
I agree 100%.

When I went to see them in May, I went saying that I was going to meet someone. I kept my hopes up. I didnt doubt it and I had ALOT of faith.
Even after waiting outside for almost 2 hours, after everyone I was with wanted to leave, I begged to stay and I ended up meeting Frank.

And when I just went to PR, I went with alot of faith.
I thought for sure I was going to meet someone, I didnt doubt it.
I thought positive... and I met Gerard. Which to me is amazing... I really wanted to meet him, and the way I met him was quite extraordinary.

Stay positive, thats my tip.
I've done that to every recent concert I've gone to, and its worked everytime.

I went to see 30 Seconds To Mars back in October and I thought totally positive and I told everyone I was going to meet them, and I did, the whole band.
I went to MCR in May, like I said before and met Frank.
I saw The Academy Is... and Cobra Starship, and I thought 100% positive and I met everyone who I wanted to meet.
And then I just went to Projekt Revolution and met the one person I wanted to meet more than anyone else.

So honestly... it may sound a little silly... but just tell yourself all while you're waiting for your concert to come, just be like 'yeah, I'm gonna meet Gerard' or 'yeah, I'm gonna meet Frankie' or whoever.. and if you dont doubt yourself... you'll be surprised.
Trust me.

=]
dinosrawr
Salute You in Your Grave
dinosrawr
September 2nd, 2007 at 08:45am
it's so true, shannonXcore.
when i went to taste of chaos, i was like "dude, i could meet jared leto."
and then it happened, we met tomo and shannon and jared.
and then like...it's bad i know.
but when i went to fall out boy back in may; i was like "dude, i am so going to meet william beckett. even if i have to break into his tour bus"
although i would never go that far into someone's privacy.
but yeah, i met william...and gabe from cobra starship.
and i met the dresden dolls at the cyndi lauper show back in june;
and actually talked to them for like...half an hour or more.
they were just such nice people.
these musicians are just people, humans.
and like...they're amazing, it's true...
but so are we...
as much as we don't believe it sometimes.

meeting bands isn't as hard as people think it is,
you just have to be determined and have faith that they'll come out.
and faith in yourself too.
Lovesick Melody.
Bulletproof Heart
Lovesick Melody.
September 2nd, 2007 at 12:50pm

Wow
OMFG I have been reading this whole thread for like the last HOUR!!
There stories are so damn amazing.... Crying or Very sad
Pixie-Gates
Awake and Unafraid
Pixie-Gates
September 3rd, 2007 at 03:05am
shannonXcore:
I met Gerard on Sunday In Love

I wish I could've gotten pics when I was back there, but there was security everywhere and I didn't want to get kicked out =(

Oh.

My.

GOD.

thud

You were a saint in a past life.

I'll take your advice and try and have faith for Belfast. Smile
Scarlett O'Hara.
Motor Baby
Scarlett O'Hara.
September 3rd, 2007 at 05:54am
You are so lucky.
This made me cry.