Don't have an account? Create one!

Paedophilia

AuthorMessage
The Nightbeast.
Salute You in Your Grave
The Nightbeast.
December 12th, 2006 at 08:14pm
Stella:
Embarassed my thoughts are that they should have their equipment choped off and fed to them, not only would it stop them, but then they'd see how horrible it feels

Hypothetically.
But what about women peadophiles?
You kind of dont have anything to cut off and feed them, though I guess you could find something to improvise.
What about sociopaths?
It doesnt really matter what you do to a sociopath, their not going to feel remorse or anything like that.
And plus, all criminals have rights, and im pretty sure thats going against their rights.
bloodredruby69
Banned
bloodredruby69
December 12th, 2006 at 08:37pm
^For informational sake, there is such a thing as a female circumcision. It is done by cutting off the labia and clittoris, and sewing up the vagina and surrounding area, leaving only a tiny hole for urine to pass through.

Just because I have seen people say that there is no equivalent to castration for females.
Ignore Alien Orders
Salute You in Your Grave
Ignore Alien Orders
December 12th, 2006 at 10:29pm
i was about to say that. they used to do that in some middle eastern countries, minus the sewing up part, so that sex would only give pleasure to men and women would have no desire to cheat.

although back on topic, that's in the vein of what i was talking about before.

another point to be made...there was a guy in my town who was extremely autistic and sexually assaulted a boy... i believe the offender was 19 and the kid was pretty young. what do you think aboutg cases like that, when there's a diagnosable problem in the offender, something that's not their fault, that may have caused the assault?
bloodredruby69
Banned
bloodredruby69
December 12th, 2006 at 10:35pm
That is difficult to say. That may be just a sex offence, and not paedophillia, and as there is a mental disorder in the mix, the treatment of the suspect would have to be different.

Like, perform psychological tests on the suspect, to see how aware they are and how controlled they are, then factor in the situation and circumstances, variables, etc, before an adequate and fair consequence can be decided upon.
XxXRomeo's JulietXxX
Killjoy
XxXRomeo's JulietXxX
December 13th, 2006 at 08:17pm
Smiley im split on this one it seems like it could be considered paedophilia, but it could just as well be just a sexual offence
MusicalMueth
Killjoy
MusicalMueth
December 13th, 2006 at 09:20pm
Being a rape victim myself, I know that not just pedophiles, but any molester/rapist can take the innocence away from children without any care. Honestly, I think the death penalty is too light of a punishment for these people.
Ignore Alien Orders
Salute You in Your Grave
Ignore Alien Orders
December 13th, 2006 at 10:38pm
i was rethinking that assosciation therapy thing again... the one where they make pedophiles associate their feelings with pain instead of pleasure...

it's true that that's exactly what happened in a clockwork orange. and for the most part i think that to take away someone's free will is a horrible thing. however, what if there was a choice?

the therapy is explained in full to the pedophile: that it will invole pain, that it will psychologically change their desires. then they're given a choice: either the therapy or prison. if they choose therapy and change their mind during the program, that's fine: they can change their mind and go back to prison. and the offer should stand all the way through: that way no one's really forcing a hurried choice.

although i do think it should probably be exclusive to those who don't have a lot of offenses. if they've commited hundreds of sex acts with children, i don't think any therapy will change them. and they should still be by law on the sex offender registry and kept out of playgrounds, etc.
we're pretty. odd.
Always Born a Crime
we're pretty. odd.
December 15th, 2006 at 05:45am
Misread:
I agree, or put them all in some sort of camp like they are with the terrorists...

OR like Australia is with these damn boat people XD

Woo, the boat people!

Gotta love their courage and all that stuff.

[/rant]
Horror Show.xx
Killjoy
Horror Show.xx
December 15th, 2006 at 06:40pm
I think they should be locked up for life. The damage they have caused to children will stay with them for their whole lives so they should stay locked up for their whole lives too....althogh that isn't even close to being enough punishment for their actions.
The Original Patrick
Really Not Okay
The Original Patrick
December 17th, 2006 at 03:34pm
vana.x:
I think they should be locked up for life. The damage they have caused to children will stay with them for their whole lives so they should stay locked up for their whole lives too....althogh that isn't even close to being enough punishment for their actions.

a-men to that.

And yes, the neighborhood and/or community they're residing(sp?) in, should have the right to know, becuase what if the person tries to do it again? Parents especially should have the right to know, so they know when to keep their children inside, or if they should have to go outside when their children want to play.
assiralc talc
Really Not Okay
assiralc talc
December 18th, 2006 at 04:36pm
supervegan;;fairyfay:
i was rethinking that assosciation therapy thing again... the one where they make pedophiles associate their feelings with pain instead of pleasure...

it's true that that's exactly what happened in a clockwork orange. and for the most part i think that to take away someone's free will is a horrible thing. however, what if there was a choice?

the therapy is explained in full to the pedophile: that it will invole pain, that it will psychologically change their desires. then they're given a choice: either the therapy or prison. if they choose therapy and change their mind during the program, that's fine: they can change their mind and go back to prison. and the offer should stand all the way through: that way no one's really forcing a hurried choice.

although i do think it should probably be exclusive to those who don't have a lot of offenses. if they've commited hundreds of sex acts with children, i don't think any therapy will change them. and they should still be by law on the sex offender registry and kept out of playgrounds, etc.

Prison or therapy still in development isn't much of a choice. Hate to the pedant, but there's the possibility that an innocent person could be convincted and be forced to have this potentially psychologically-damaging therapy. And it doesn't strike me as much of a reformation- there's no redemption or forgiveness, there's just messes with minds. No doubt the intention is good, but I'm still not sure the processes are humane or practical. And perhaps those who have a long list of sex crimes to their name, surely they would be better fitted to the treatment than those who have fewer?
Ignore Alien Orders
Salute You in Your Grave
Ignore Alien Orders
December 18th, 2006 at 05:06pm
i was speaking more in defense of those who were victims of abuse themselves. the gift that keeps on giving, y'know. had that not happened, they never would have done that. the therapy would be more to undo that damage.

and that's why i said that the offer always stands and you can back out and go back to prison or restart whenever you want. dude, they already do experimental therapy on prisoners--i'm not saying it's right, but providing the prisoner is volunteering, tha'ts a little different.
bound and gagged
Bulletproof Heart
bound and gagged
December 18th, 2006 at 07:06pm
My aunt and I say have every pedophile be killed by their victims
Martyr For The Cause
Killjoy
Martyr For The Cause
December 18th, 2006 at 09:39pm
Wow, this is a hard topic. Does anyone out there actually have an opinion based on previous experience of having a child-molestor destroy their family unit, whether it be with themselves, their child, relative etc?
I have...
Part of me feels sorry for the man who found the tendency to express physical love to my children as a normal part of himself... if he tries to be himself the law puts him away and labels him as a horrible monster, ruins his life, comdemns him to constant public scrutiny and gives him no 2nd chance.
Another part of me feels that's probably fair karma for what he put my family through, payment for the terror, destruction, fear and self loathing that not only the victim ended up with, but all of us...
personally, I'd like to kill him - that would make me feel it's even - but I guess you have to let karma work it's own way or you'll bring bad back on yourself *sigh*
waiting takes so long...
assiralc talc
Really Not Okay
assiralc talc
December 19th, 2006 at 02:15pm
supervegan;;fairyfay:
i was speaking more in defense of those who were victims of abuse themselves. the gift that keeps on giving, y'know. had that not happened, they never would have done that. the therapy would be more to undo that damage.

and that's why i said that the offer always stands and you can back out and go back to prison or restart whenever you want. dude, they already do experimental therapy on prisoners--i'm not saying it's right, but providing the prisoner is volunteering, tha'ts a little different.

There's not really any way you can say for sure that abuse directly leads the victim to abuse others- sure there's a correlation in some cases, but there's no way you can know that had it not happened to them, they would not have done the same themselves. There's no therapy that can undo the damage because it can't undo the past. I suppose I don't really have a problem with it, if it's voluntary.
applerubber
Really Not Okay
applerubber
December 26th, 2006 at 08:53am
It's true that it's mainly an urge for dominance and control.
I think that people all say castration is the answer because they're not being serious, or that they are ultimately disgusted, but biased, since pedophilia is indeed twisted. Here's my take on this.

I think that maybe some people can't help it, although it is indeed wrong. Perhaps that's why this lusting after children is given a name. Perhaps there should be oraganizations to help them. They can still change, and be given another change.
The Jack Of Spades.
Salute You in Your Grave
The Jack Of Spades.
December 27th, 2006 at 06:17am
Just something to let you know.

You know the phedophiles that are caught and go to prison? Even the other prisoners there hate phedophiles. Especially ones that have victimized children.
x-Hail Of Bullets-x
Thinking Happy Thoughts
x-Hail Of Bullets-x
December 27th, 2006 at 07:37am
A.K.A toddler:
Just something to let you know.

You know the phedophiles that are caught and go to prison? Even the other prisoners there hate phedophiles. Especially ones that have victimized children.

Not all of them get caught though, and even the ones that do go to court don't always get convicted.
Hester Pryne
Killjoy
Hester Pryne
December 27th, 2006 at 11:30am
I think that part of the problem with pedophiles is that there are more and more children, especially girls, particulary girls of colour (black, hispanic), develpoing as young as 7. My younger sister and I were wearing bras at that age, and got our cycles a year later. Physically we were young women, but psychologically we were just kids.
Hester Pryne
Killjoy
Hester Pryne
December 27th, 2006 at 11:33am
applerubber:
It's true that it's mainly an urge for dominance and control.
I think that people all say castration is the answer because they're not being serious, or that they are ultimately disgusted, but biased, since pedophilia is indeed twisted. Here's my take on this.

I think that maybe some people can't help it, although it is indeed wrong. Perhaps that's why this lusting after children is given a name. Perhaps there should be oraganizations to help them. They can still change, and be given another change.

Oh they can help it. Everyone has a choice. "Do I touch this little kid or not?" As to desires, those can be changed. It's hard, frustrating work but if the person knows that wanting kids sexually is wrong and they don't want to hurt others, they'll make the effort. Otherwise they're just selfish.

I was abused and I know that "the gift keeps on giving" mostly becase sexual encounters at an early age tend to warp the abused child's ideas about what sex should and shouldn't be though they are taught academically that sex should be between two consenting adults, but someone who truly wants to be healed from the past won't keep doing what was done to them, even if it's a struggle to change.