Don't have an account? Create one!

Sexism.

AuthorMessage
horse_riders_r_stable_ppl
Motor Baby
horse_riders_r_stable_ppl
December 25th, 2006 at 12:54pm
sure men are stronger physically but mentally and emotionally women can be, not always, stronger than them. but of course i'm not trying to start another arguement i'm just saying sure men are good at some things but women can also be strong at other things. howveer, women are slowly taking away men's jobs due to the equal rights, like these days there are more women farriers and mechanics whilst 50 years ago they were un heard of. perhaps men feel under pressure to take back their traditional jobs??
sparrowxstarfall
Fabulous Killjoy
sparrowxstarfall
December 29th, 2006 at 03:23am
i have yet to haer of a religion with a female saviour.
The Nightbeast.
Salute You in Your Grave
The Nightbeast.
December 29th, 2006 at 06:48pm
sparrowxstarfall:

Shakti is one of the Hindu gods, does that count as a saviour?
In fact, Hinduism has many important female dieties, showing no boundaries to gender.

------
Maybe its just me, but I think when sexism does happen, its swept under the rug.
For example, my mother works at the airport as a screener.
When they need a male screener to check somebody in the back, they are adressed by their names.
When a female screener is needed in the back, they just call for a female.
Also, their breaks are shorter and are sent to work baggage more often.
And ofcourse, her supervisors refuse to believe this is happening.
It just doesnt seem as big of an issue as it really is.
Franktastic.
Bleeding on the Floor
Franktastic.
December 29th, 2006 at 07:14pm
i don't understand sexism. we live in the same world and nowadays, there's nothing that a guy could do that can't be done by a woman. and i hate it when opportunities were mostly given to guys..idk, that's what i see.
Franktastic.
Bleeding on the Floor
Franktastic.
December 29th, 2006 at 07:15pm
OO! i forgot to mention most of it were HUGE insult to women.
sparrowxstarfall
Fabulous Killjoy
sparrowxstarfall
December 30th, 2006 at 11:26am
Land Shark:
sparrowxstarfall:

Shakti is one of the Hindu gods, does that count as a saviour?
In fact, Hinduism has many important female dieties, showing no boundaries to gender.

------
Maybe its just me, but I think when sexism does happen, its swept under the rug.
For example, my mother works at the airport as a screener.
When they need a male screener to check somebody in the back, they are adressed by their names.
When a female screener is needed in the back, they just call for a female.
Also, their breaks are shorter and are sent to work baggage more often.
And ofcourse, her supervisors refuse to believe this is happening.
It just doesnt seem as big of an issue as it really is.

for the shakti thing:
what is she a deity of?

there are many female deities sure, no boundary there, but i mean, like,
jesus is male, mohamed(sp?) is male, gerard is male.

i dunno if there's anything out there that has shown a female sacrifce as a saving act and like, magnified to the scale of what jesus did.

and i was supposed to type something else, but it slipped my mind.

ill try to remember it, cos it was important.,
Bitter For Sweet.
Fabulous Killjoy
Bitter For Sweet.
December 30th, 2006 at 02:05pm
There's definitely sexism, even in schools, like mine.
For example. In gym, the girls play a cutesy game like dodgeball while the boys go out and play football.
I for one, can't play football to save my life, but a lot of my friends that are girls CAN. Girls can do anything guys can, period.
suffocate!
Motor Baby
suffocate!
December 31st, 2006 at 07:25am
Yeah, in my school PE, the girls have to play things like netball, and do gymnastics but the boys get to do rugby and basketball.

But all thats now changing, because at my next year in school, the girls will be doing football and basketball, and the boys will do netball... Oh the joys!
Forgotten
Killjoy
Forgotten
December 31st, 2006 at 09:19am
I also think sexism still happens. It's not so much as women getting denied jobs, but getting payed less, for example, a few months ago there was a news report on women working in the BBC getting payed significantly less than men. I'm not singling the bbc out, it was just the first thing that came into my head.

I go to an all girls's school, but we still don't get the chance to play football or rugby, it's all netball, gymnastics and *shudder* aerobics.
RedRiot.
Salute You in Your Grave
RedRiot.
January 1st, 2007 at 01:36pm
I believe strongly that in this day and age we should be able to behave in an equal manner to each other. Whether this be with certain jobs or the amount people get paid. How they get treated in the street.
My dad tried to volunter to help at a local guide group but they wouldn't have him because he was male. He had all the security checks and he was able to work with children. Women are alowed to work with scout groups, so why couldn't he work with guides.
Sexism is a two way street. It happens to both men and women.
People who believe that it is only women who get descrimated are wrong.
xMerrySoulx
Killjoy
xMerrySoulx
January 13th, 2007 at 11:27pm
Sexism is just... stupid
Especailly because you see women more commonlys egregated then men
Women aren't allowed 5 miles near a battle
Women aren't allowed to do this and that
WHY?
Women are also humans
I recently found out there is NO LAW against sexism
So therefore, women can be segragated [as well as men]
and the law cannot back them up
a law was voted on
but most fo the country voted again
This should be attempted again
[after all, it WAS 1979]
I think women are independant and equally capable as men
Perhaps we are different PHYSICALLY but arent women still living people?
Sexism is unconstitutional...
its lame
XxThemvsYouvsMexX
Jazz Hands
XxThemvsYouvsMexX
January 13th, 2007 at 11:55pm
I don't like it at all.
EATEN ALIVE
Thinking Happy Thoughts
EATEN ALIVE
January 14th, 2007 at 10:21am
i think men and women are equal. period.

i think that sexism is an old habit, based on the fact that women give birth and take care of the kids. it was natural that while women were home(=cave/shelter/house) doing that, then men kinda had to go to hunt so they could feed the family.
and even tho things are sooo different these days, habits are hard to leave.

and yes, it happens to women more often;for example in school, in sports, we do what we can after boys have decided what they do cause lack of space. and it NEVER goes other way round.
but i dont like the way some women yell bout sexism and then treat all men like trash. thats wrong. its not a one way street.
Jeffree Star
Motor Baby
Jeffree Star
January 14th, 2007 at 02:03pm
I think it's really important fot woman to know where there history and place is. We have rights just as any other man.
Synyster Gates
Awake and Unafraid
Synyster Gates
January 15th, 2007 at 03:14pm
some of the boys in my year are so sexist...i hate them for it... woman nowadays can do what men can...we're in the 21st century for gods sake...
The Rumor
Awake and Unafraid
The Rumor
January 16th, 2007 at 10:19am
a lot of people (at least that i have talked to) seem to think that sexism is pretty much only directed towards woman. but surely men being stereotyped as the egotistical, hunter/gatherer, masculine type is sexist too. like i have heard a lot of people say that guys cant deal with their feelings. generalization mania. it definitely goes both ways.
Jack White
Awake and Unafraid
Jack White
January 16th, 2007 at 04:26pm
frankgoespow:
a lot of people (at least that i have talked to) seem to think that sexism is pretty much only directed towards woman. but surely men being stereotyped as the egotistical, hunter/gatherer, masculine type is sexist too. like i have heard a lot of people say that guys cant deal with their feelings. generalization mania. it definitely goes both ways.

This is very true. For instance, my husband is the only man in his department at work. His nine female co-workers are always saying things like "Men are stupid, men only think about one thing, we can't talk about things because you're back here..." blah blah blah. I'm sure if he were to say "Women are weak," or something to that effect, he would be reprimanded, but he's expected to just smile and be quiet when they put down men. Sexism does go both ways, and it's always distasteful.
The Rumor
Awake and Unafraid
The Rumor
January 16th, 2007 at 04:29pm
yeah. exactly. i think that in actual fact, woman have a lot more freedoms as far as things like that go than a man does. like for instance nowadays if a woman wants to work that isnt thought twice about and if a woman wants to be a stay-at-home mom, thats fine too. but if a guy wants to stay at home with the kids whilst the woman goes to work it is viewed as slightly strange.
Alex DeLarge.
Motor Baby
Alex DeLarge.
January 21st, 2007 at 03:32pm
It bothers me that that's considered strange. I don't understand why a man at home with a baby while a woman goes and works is a weird thing. It's no different than if it were the other way around. A man is just as capable of taking care of a child and a woman is just as capable of working.

I'm sorry, that just irritates me.
Cap'n Scumbag.
Shotgun Sinner
Cap'n Scumbag.
January 25th, 2007 at 06:38am

sexist jokes.
thats a hard one.
because between friends we know its a joke and we dont want to hurt the others persons feelings.
and we all know that
ad its done in good faith that the person who is being "attacked" will take it as a joke.
if you meet a sexist joke teller in a bar, its different.
you dont know them
you probably dont like them already fro their sexist remarks
and this sterotype thing?
sterotypes altogether are bad.
why must kids in kindergarten and just above
hav to learn about how the boy will go and earn the money while the girl will stay at home and take care of the child?
how the woman will make lunches and wash dishes and pretty much serve the world to her husband on a silly Silver Platter?