Don't have an account? Create one!

Sexism.

AuthorMessage
XStay_AwakeX
Thinking Happy Thoughts
XStay_AwakeX
June 8th, 2007 at 01:52am
oh my God.

okay. i was getting really mad the other night at a band concert. my ex-friend davey was playing this "game" with the girls.

the rules stand up against a wall and if your boobs hit the wall before your nose..you win. if not you lose.

i was about ready to SMACK HIM!

and that isnt why we arent friends anymore..i would tell you but it would be spamming.

and! at the same band concert..the one kid Jay kept asking girls if they were dragons. he asked my friend connor if he thought I was a "dragon" he said yeah. THEN i found out what it meant,

a dragon= a girl with big boobs and a nice ass.

i slapped jay and connor. i was so MAD!. i did really well at the concert, but i was just so angry!>=[
Helena and Hearts
Jazz Hands
Helena and Hearts
June 8th, 2007 at 07:51pm
no sexist jokes arnet funny
Bellacide
Awake and Unafraid
Bellacide
June 9th, 2007 at 07:04pm
BeckyxCookies:
oh my God.

okay. i was getting really mad the other night at a band concert. my ex-friend davey was playing this "game" with the girls.

the rules stand up against a wall and if your boobs hit the wall before your nose..you win. if not you lose.

i was about ready to SMACK HIM!

and that isnt why we arent friends anymore..i would tell you but it would be spamming.

and! at the same band concert..the one kid Jay kept asking girls if they were dragons. he asked my friend connor if he thought I was a "dragon" he said yeah. THEN i found out what it meant,

a dragon= a girl with big boobs and a nice ass.

i slapped jay and connor. i was so MAD!. i did really well at the concert, but i was just so angry!>=[

I unfortunatly happen to be able to "win" that game and it sucks because all the people are so sexist and I really dont get it how this world has come to running on sex jokes and crime. but thats a little off topic there, what i said.

Everyone wonders where all this behavior is coming from in the teens these days but i blame tv and junk like that for sexism and i believe women have fought throughout the past hundred years to gain authority and repsect just to have it rediculed in this century. its quite sad.
Kaede
Bleeding on the Floor
Kaede
June 9th, 2007 at 10:33pm
Kathryn In The Stars:
Oxycontin Genocide.:
When women want to be treated better, they're called feminists. If men want to be treated better, they're called sexists. It's a sad, sad world.

I agree. It's stupid.

It's almost like the women want time made up from hundreds of years ago.

I agree. I hate feminists. They blame everything on men. Why is there such thing as women's day? I believe that is very stupid. They demand equality and yet they want everything. If there should be a women's day, then there should be a men's day, but if men's day existed, I bet feminists would be complaining again.
Everyone is equal and I believe that women's day should not even exist.

But I know there are bad jokes in both genders as well as stereotypes. For example, when a girl acts a lot like a guy, they are only considered as tomboys, but when a man acts feminine, thats considered gay. Its true that we are indeed living in a shallow world.
Alx_Aoide
Fabulous Killjoy
Alx_Aoide
June 9th, 2007 at 11:28pm
"I agree. I hate feminists. They blame everything on men."

That is a generalization that isn't even true. I take offense. Do your research. A woman who blames men for everything is NOT a feminist. Although some would consider a woman like that a "radical feminist," I disagree. They're sexist, plain and simple.

A true feminist, (liberal feminist) believes in equal rights for both men and women. I am a feminist. That does not mean I hate men. In fact, I love men. All I want is equality for men and women in the workplace, in public, and in the home.
druscilla.
Bleeding on the Floor
druscilla.
June 10th, 2007 at 12:44am
Kaede:
Why is there such thing as women's day? I believe that is very stupid. They demand equality and yet they want everything. If there should be a women's day, then there should be a men's day, but if men's day existed, I bet feminists would be complaining again.

There's a Woman's Day [which I didn't know existed] and not a Men's Day for a very simple reason: everyone other day is Men's Day.
Kind of like we have Black History Month but no White History Month because every other month is White History Month.
We don't have Straight Week because ever week other than GLBT week is Straight Week.
Go fuck yourself
Devil's Got Your Number
Go fuck yourself
June 10th, 2007 at 12:56am
^ good piont, (both the post before me) if feminist fought for the right for woman to vote almost a hundred years ago so if they're so seixt why did they work so hard for things to be fair? i don't think there is that many feminist in America today, is there? i know there are in other countries because women usually don't have many rights and in some cases only used for reproduction and house work.
druscilla.
Bleeding on the Floor
druscilla.
June 10th, 2007 at 12:58am
savedbymcr_2004:
^ good piont, (both the post before me) if feminist fought for the right for woman to vote almost a hundred years ago so if they're so seixt why did they work so hard for things to be fair? i don't think there is that many feminist in America today, is there? i know there are in other countries because women usually don't have many rights and in some cases only used for reproduction and house work.

Yes, there are lots of feminists in America.
Go fuck yourself
Devil's Got Your Number
Go fuck yourself
June 10th, 2007 at 12:59am
^ no i mean sexism in america sorry i should have made it clearer.
Alx_Aoide
Fabulous Killjoy
Alx_Aoide
June 10th, 2007 at 01:04am
savedbymcr_2004:

There are still a good deal of feminists in the United States today because of the fact that though women have come a long way in the past 60 years, there are still instances (actually a great deal of them) where women are only paid $.80 for every dollar men make for the same amount of work. Certain corporations (who shall go unnamed at this moment in time) still won't put women in leadership positions even when they're the most qualified.

Edit: I wrote this before I saw your last post and I now understand your point. But I still think that this needs to be said. Very Happy
Go fuck yourself
Devil's Got Your Number
Go fuck yourself
June 10th, 2007 at 01:11am
^ thanks for clearing that up a bit for me. but is that in America ro in other coutries? Cause in america isn't that illigel?
Alx_Aoide
Fabulous Killjoy
Alx_Aoide
June 10th, 2007 at 01:18am
It is illegal. But it still exists. Unfortunately, even though the Equal Pay Act was passed over 40 years ago, it's still difficult to enforce.

http://www.infoplease.com/spot/equalpayact1.html

http://www.cluw.org/programs-payequity.html

I think I read something somewhere a little while back (maybe a couple months ago) that the gap between wages even starts almost immediately after college.
Go fuck yourself
Devil's Got Your Number
Go fuck yourself
June 10th, 2007 at 01:21am
^ oh ok thanks, i that clears it up. kind of random but what country is the most sexist or which ones? and is that all jobs with the wages gap or only certian companies?
Alx_Aoide
Fabulous Killjoy
Alx_Aoide
June 10th, 2007 at 01:25am
^Not all jobs in the U.S. are like that but there are some that you should watch out for. But I don't want to name names.

As for the most sexist countries...I really couldn't tell you. There are countries all over the world (in Europe, South America, Asia, Africa) that still have sexist laws.
Go fuck yourself
Devil's Got Your Number
Go fuck yourself
June 10th, 2007 at 01:31am
^ cool thanks. are there special like feminist groups or some thing, and this is gonna sound stupid but does girl scouts count (i'm serious because they do push for equality and want to help people)
Kaede
Bleeding on the Floor
Kaede
June 10th, 2007 at 09:30am
ayn_inverse:
"I agree. I hate feminists. They blame everything on men."

That is a generalization that isn't even true. I take offense. Do your research. A woman who blames men for everything is NOT a feminist. Although some would consider a woman like that a "radical feminist," I disagree. They're sexist, plain and simple.

A true feminist, (liberal feminist) believes in equal rights for both men and women. I am a feminist. That does not mean I hate men. In fact, I love men. All I want is equality for men and women in the workplace, in public, and in the home.

Oh, okay, sorry about that. I want equality for men and women too but I didn't know there were two kinds of feminists. Forgive me for the above generalization.
Go fuck yourself
Devil's Got Your Number
Go fuck yourself
June 10th, 2007 at 06:24pm
^its ok, things come out wrong sometimes.
Alx_Aoide
Fabulous Killjoy
Alx_Aoide
June 10th, 2007 at 06:43pm
Kaede:

I didn't mean to bite your head off. Sorry about that. It's just something I'm really passionate about and I do get worked up when people say things about it that aren't necessarily true. Again, my sincere apologies.
Go fuck yourself
Devil's Got Your Number
Go fuck yourself
June 10th, 2007 at 07:10pm
btw no one answered my question above. just so you know, if you don't know the answer its cool
Alx_Aoide
Fabulous Killjoy
Alx_Aoide
June 10th, 2007 at 07:15pm
^Sorry about that. Probably one of the most well-known feminist organizations is NOW (National Organization for Women) which was founded in 1966. It's also currently the largest of its kind in the United States.

As for the girl scouts, I guess you could consider them to be a feminist organization as it teaches girls to become leaders and develop good decision making skills.

I quit girl scouts. I was the worst girl scout EVER.