Sexism.

AuthorMessage
echo lawrence.
Jazz Hands
echo lawrence.
April 2nd, 2007 at 12:57pm
What do you think about sexism?
Bulls**t.Equality please.
Can it be good in some cases, helping stereotype?
I don't really see how, honestly.
Do females always seem to get more sexist remarks made at them than men?
Yeah. Because of the whole housewife thing, how we were opressed for so long.Whatever.
What about sexist jokes? Do you find them funny?
No. I honestly don't.
don't aim to please.
Banned
don't aim to please.
April 3rd, 2007 at 01:03am
pretty boring topic. everybody just says, "sexism is bad!" no shit.Rolling Eyes
Lovesick Melody.
Bulletproof Heart
Lovesick Melody.
April 3rd, 2007 at 03:46am

^^
Well some people want to know other peoples opinions why .
What do you think?
mitchell davis.
Shotgun Sinner
mitchell davis.
April 3rd, 2007 at 05:22pm
I hate when people are sexist
My science teacher is sexist
He hates me
and will stare at my hand when I have a question and as soon as a boy puts his hand up he'll call on him
And at the local softball field we get kicked out of our own softball fields during a game cause the boys wanna practice

Im gonna revolt
lay back and enjoy
Killjoy
lay back and enjoy
April 3rd, 2007 at 06:44pm
I hate it...I have to wear scrubs to school, and when I go to a store or something, people always ask me if I'm a nurse, never a doctor. I think it's mainly because of the fact that Im a girl. Its frusterating.
Moses
Motor Baby
Moses
April 4th, 2007 at 08:24am
mostly men are sexist. preventing women from gainig promotion and stuff
but women can also discrminate against other women. for example in the workplace there a fat frumpy middle aged type woman and she has to pick 2 canidates for a job.she wouldnt really pick a smart young women wearing highheels and stuff because she would feel intimidated she would rather pick the male no matter how much of a idiot he is. sometimes women want tobe the only woman in charge..........something i learned in mod studs

i also hate the perception that if a women has a high postion job then she must have slept her way there
omg-so-many-emos666
Killjoy
omg-so-many-emos666
April 4th, 2007 at 09:04am
God you people need a life.....
Moses
Motor Baby
Moses
April 4th, 2007 at 09:07am
why dont you just go and die. Please
and do it slowly and painfully while your there
Aphex Hanna
Bulletproof Heart
Aphex Hanna
April 4th, 2007 at 03:54pm
stop smamming or this thread WILL be locked.
Moses
Motor Baby
Moses
April 5th, 2007 at 07:13am
im sorry
i got angered....
bloodredruby69
Banned
bloodredruby69
April 5th, 2007 at 04:34pm
Anyway.....

Do you think sexism has a reason? Why or why not?

What do you think is the root of sexism? Why?

How does sexism affect todays culture and media?

Are people inherently sexist? Why or why not?
ain't got no soul.
Salute You in Your Grave
ain't got no soul.
April 5th, 2007 at 04:46pm
Dude. Sexism is retarded. It pisses me off so much because it just makes me feel so low. I'm abit of a feminist and believe that we are all equal.. Sometimes I may be sexist but I don't know it, or I'm just joking around.

Sexism has a reason. People are sexist because they think their gender is better, stronger, etc.

Sexism probably has no root. It may but if it did it would probably have originated from waaaa-aaay back. The reason for this is because well, we all have our own opinions and eventually some people will kind of alter their own beliefs.

Cheh. You have no idea how much sexism affects culture and media. Look at some music videos, beautiful women in bikinis dancing. And look at other commercials, a uber hot dude and a chick. Some men expect us women to be perfect and imagine what the children think when they look on the Television.

Also, sexism is most definately inherited. Honestly... Look at some parents who are 'old school', they believe that women should stay at home while the men work. And they tell this to their child.. Its pretty simple..

I am sorry but a subject as basic as Sexism upsets me.
EMO_TEDDY
Jazz Hands
EMO_TEDDY
April 5th, 2007 at 08:21pm
sexism has many points to it.

it is stupid how people think that girls should do all the cooking and cleaning howevermost women decide t do t themselves anyway as tehy think it s traditon(sp?) to do so.

but really there is no need for it. women can be just as good as men and men just as good atwomen( except giving birth LMAO) any who.................yeah well basically it is jst silly *shakes head*
I'm looking at you..
Killjoy
I'm looking at you..
April 5th, 2007 at 09:35pm
i hate the fact that men make passes at women and girls about breasts or other....ummm stuff if u kno what i mean. i do think it is sexist. i kinda feel like the men in this particular situation of sexism are trying to dominate women because they think that they are the boss and that they can take advantage of women. i dont like it at all. do u agree with me???
EXAMPLES OF THIS HAPPENING
1. my friend miranda told me that this kid andrew said to her, take ur big chest and get out of my way
2. this other kid xavier was calling my friend jas flat-chested
3. and this other kid ian told my friend jessica that she had junk in the trunk
4. this one guy who i dont even kno told me i had a fine booty
5. this other guy DJ told my friend kaeliegh that he'd be her server anywhere, he meant like THAT...i think u know what im talking about
6. this other guy told my friend steph that she had big breasts

i really dont like that kinda stuff i think its wrong and rude and disrespectful No
beautiful loser.
Really Not Okay
beautiful loser.
April 5th, 2007 at 10:50pm
guys try to act like were just objects to check out and take. we're not people to men. it gets me annoyed.
thank fsm.
In The Murder Scene
thank fsm.
April 6th, 2007 at 12:34am
I didn't read everything so forgive me for any redundance.

Men are the brunt of MANY sexist jokes and remarks by women, maybe as many or more than women by men.

"Men are dumb, I gotta take care of my husband because he can't do it himself."
"Men are lazy."

Well, you know, anything that is a male stereotype is pretty much sexist, most especially when looked at side-by-side with female sexism.

OneDayI'llFlyAway.:
I heard something a while ago about women not being able to be deliver pizzas to people's houses because they could be raped because they're alone. Would that be considered sexism or would it just be considered protecting the girl?

I think that by definition, that IS sexism. But that would be one of those things where sexism can be kind of helpful. Then again, some females would be extremely offended presented the notion that they could not effectively defend themselves.

I wouldn't; I appreciate chivalry in all its forms. Maybe I'm old fashioned. Or maybe I'm just not a feminist. Wink
thank fsm.
In The Murder Scene
thank fsm.
April 6th, 2007 at 12:36am
phantom:
guys try to act like were just objects to check out and take. we're not people to men. it gets me annoyed.

That's what I was saying - please don't be offended by my using you as an example, but what you posted was extremely sexist. There are just as many good men as bad out there, probably.

Apologies if this is spam - my excuse is that I was trying to use an example to prove my point.
thank fsm.
In The Murder Scene
thank fsm.
April 6th, 2007 at 12:38am
bloodredruby69:
Are people inherently sexist? Why or why not?

Well, of course. People teach their values to their children.

Usually. ^^;
potato waffle
Killjoy
potato waffle
April 6th, 2007 at 06:28am
sexism is bull. men and women, boys and girls; they can do the same things.
mitchell davis.
Shotgun Sinner
mitchell davis.
May 20th, 2007 at 11:57am
potato waffle:
sexism is bull. men and women, boys and girls; they can do the same things.