Sexism.

AuthorMessage
highwaytohell
Killjoy
highwaytohell
February 23rd, 2007 at 09:34am
Sexism is a bunch of crap.
Women are more than capable to do everything a man does,
and men are capable of doing everything a women does.
tennant.
Full of Ephedrine
tennant.
February 24th, 2007 at 07:19am
FamousLiving_Dead:
Sexism is a bunch of crap.
Women are more than capable to do everything a man does,
and men are capable of doing everything a women does.

I agree completely! If you want to believe the Da Vinci code it is the churches fault that women became second class citizens. (no offence meant to christians I just think that it is an interesting theory)
the used.
In The Murder Scene
the used.
February 24th, 2007 at 10:53am
I don't think that the Da Vinci Code has nothing to do with this.
It's just a sick man's theory of what the root of religion is.
+I’m a retard and you should fear me+
My Chemical Romance April 9 th 2007/June/July 2007
the used.
In The Murder Scene
the used.
February 24th, 2007 at 10:53am
I don't think that the Da Vinci Code has nothing to do with this.
It's just a sick man's theory of what the root of religion is.
+I’m a retard and you should fear me+
My Chemical Romance April 9 th 2007/June/July 2007
John St. John
Shotgun Sinner
John St. John
February 24th, 2007 at 02:29pm
sexism is the most stupidest thing ever
how is it ok to not pay both gendersw the same etc
were al called humans
Rock Steady
Salute You in Your Grave
Rock Steady
February 24th, 2007 at 03:04pm
i think that quotas are also ridiculously stupid and just act to further alienate the genders. there shud be no policy saying 'you have to have x number of women' because then its just discriminating against men.

and also when companies recruit and they dont pick a woman because of the possibility of like maternity leave etc.

the jobs should go to the people that will do the best in that position.no one shud get a job based on gender.
Fezzik
Salute You in Your Grave
Fezzik
February 24th, 2007 at 03:23pm
^That would work if people weren't sexist, but there are employers who are sexist, still. Those employers wouldn't hire women for jobs they're qualified for. I was under the impression that laws like that worked like: if one spot is open and two equally qualified people apply, one a man, and one a woman, and the employer doesn't have a certain number of women working for him, the employer has to hire the woman (I hope that makes sense). I think that's fair, because it'll probably be easier for that man to get another job, though I don't think employers should have to hire a poorly qualified woman just to fill a quota.
the used.
In The Murder Scene
the used.
February 25th, 2007 at 02:52pm
Yes, this is exactly what I'm talking about.
Last week, I felt that I was being discrimminated. Litterally.
Because an adult needed some help by moving some boxes, and I was totally excluded. The adult only picked out boys who could lift them.
Of course, this made me extremely angry, so I just started moving boxes too.
Some of the boys couldn't manage to lift the heaviest boxes, but I did.
And this prooves that men, or boys for that matter, doesn't have a more powerful strength than women. Wink
sweet children
February 25th, 2007 at 09:37pm
i play softball, and what pisses me off is when people think that we cant play, because were girls. i think that girls and boys are equal. they should be able to do anything they want no matter what gender they are. and be equally good at it.
Cigarettes And Suicide
Bleeding on the Floor
Cigarettes And Suicide
February 25th, 2007 at 10:45pm
I don't know if this would count towards sexism, but I can't get a damn job right now because I'm already pregnant and showing. I know it has a lot to do with the fact that it's quite obvious I'll be leaving/going on maternity leave in a few months anyway, so they may as well hire someone who's going to stick around for a long time, but I'm still perfectly capable of doing the work, and what's to say that I can't train my replacement before I leave?
And now I'm scared that after the baby's born I won't be able to get a job because employers are extremely discriminatory towards women with children, whether single or married, because they assume that 'the child comes first' and therefore the woman will be taking days off frequently because, say, her kid's got tonsillitis etc.
It makes my blood boil.
the used.
In The Murder Scene
the used.
February 26th, 2007 at 05:17am
Well, this may have something to do about sexism, but I mostly think it's discrimmination...
Either way, you should report this. Wink
billy99
February 28th, 2007 at 08:58am
GROWL_IM_A_LION:
i play softball, and what pisses me off is when people think that we cant play, because were girls. i think that girls and boys are equal. they should be able to do anything they want no matter what gender they are. and be equally good at it.

Yeah, my friend told me about that... she said all the boys and some teachers were singling her and her other friends out because they're girls and they always play basketball in the court. The guys pick on them, saying girls are supposed to fuss with makeup and all that stupid stuff. Yikes.
the used.
In The Murder Scene
the used.
March 1st, 2007 at 04:43am
Yeah, that's just poorly... :/
i_feel_high
March 22nd, 2007 at 08:13pm
I THINK EVERY SEXIST DESERVES TO BE PUNCHED IN THE BALLS BY A GIRL!!!
answer your quiestions?
i_feel_high
Killjoy
i_feel_high
March 22nd, 2007 at 08:42pm
today i had a HUGE fight with a sexist and i blocked him. then he told people that i cut myself... and i dont
dont stop.
Salute You in Your Grave
dont stop.
March 22nd, 2007 at 10:24pm
I don't think it's fair that women get all the good stuff and men are always considered idiots. I am female...but I still think that women and men are not treated equally...
If a man gets raped they always assume he was in prison...though if a woman gets raped then it's something serious. We are equal! So we should be treated the same way.

And I also hate the way that men make women seem so weak and stupid...
They believe that if we're not with them we're gonna get raped. We can survive on our own!

Though...yes, sometimes we need help...

but men need help too!
dont stop.
Salute You in Your Grave
dont stop.
March 22nd, 2007 at 10:28pm
I also hate stereotypes in sexes...

Like women are the ones that spend ALL of the money and go shopping everyday.

That's not true!

I actually hate shopping and it annoys the living shit out of me when I hear girls talking about going shopping...unless they're going to Hot Topic. I love Hot Topic.

But, anyway...back to the subject...also it's that men have stereotypes too...

like they can't show love or they're gay.

(now...that must suck...if you're not gay and people say that all the time about you, right?)

And also, if we get mad at men they usually assume we're PMSing....
Future-Mrs-Way
Killjoy
Future-Mrs-Way
March 25th, 2007 at 09:52am
i think a lot of sexism is aimed 2wards women, but men get their fair share as well...sexism is wrong, no matter what sex you are you shouldn't be treated differently
Lovesick Melody.
Bulletproof Heart
Lovesick Melody.
April 2nd, 2007 at 03:01am

^^ I agree

It seems that sexism is more aimed at women. I believe music plays a huge part in it, bands like MCR are STRONGLY against it, which is very inspiring.
Also Christina Aguilera (sp?) Also has a song out called "Cant Hold Us Down."

"Thinking all women should be seen not heard, what do we do girls? Shout out loud!!"

I love the message that she is giving out, how we are equal, and that we have opinions too.

Usually rap videos have women dancing in boob tubes and short shorts And they anger me so much.
Its demeaning women, making us seem like sex objects.
Thats just my opinion....
alexander
Killjoy
alexander
April 2nd, 2007 at 12:41pm
Sexism is wrong, and yes women do experience it more than guys do. Its like racism, wait it is racism, just sticking a stereotype with something I guess. Dance