Don't have an account? Create one!

Homosexual Rights.

AuthorMessage
Rexperience
Bleeding on the Floor
Rexperience
August 19th, 2008 at 07:44pm
In my expirience, catholics are pretty understanding and tollernt.
Evangelicals and other conservative fanatic sects can be quite fearful and thus resisting of ones freedoms
DIE! DIE! DIE!
Bleeding on the Floor
DIE! DIE! DIE!
August 19th, 2008 at 08:29pm
I don't think i'v ever met an intolerant Catholic. Modern ones are usually very open to new ideas.

Baptists, Lutherans, and evangelical/born agains are usually the people I meet that are just
rude
Go fuck yourself
Devil's Got Your Number
Go fuck yourself
August 20th, 2008 at 03:35am
DIE! DIE! DIE!:
I don't think i'v ever met an intolerant Catholic. Modern ones are usually very open to new ideas.

Baptists, Lutherans, and evangelical/born agains are usually the people I meet that are just
rude
I was raised strict Southern Baptist, they are very intolerent and they do condem quickly. There is actually a church in I think Kansas and they go around to soldier funerals, holding signs saying "Your son is going to hell because they died for a country that allows fags" and "America will burn in hell" I believe they are baptist.

The one reason why I refuse to go to my old baptist church was because almost every week the pastor says something about homosexuals. and also talking to my current churchs pastors wife late one night (while I was spending the night at her house cause I was hanging out with her daughter) she was trying to talk me into jioning the Christian club at my high school and she told me that it makes up almost for having a gay and lesbian alliance club. She went on ragging on homosexuals saying how they "fluant their sinfulness" and so on. I've never seen a gay couple flaunt thier sinfulness, or like their partners, considering how much I see hetrosexual couples "flaunt" their partner
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
August 28th, 2008 at 11:33am
This is an easy one: stop forcing marriage as the only way to go and both gay couples and straight unmarried couples will earn the few privileges they are entitled to as married couples (i.e. ICU visitation and social security benefits.) I don't think that any of the organized religions make much room for anything other than heterosexual marriage and sex for the sake of childbearing only, however, there are of course individuals within each sector trying to make some strides.

I personally am disappointed that my home state (New York) has not legalized gay marriage yet. I would have thought we'd be one of the first to do so (we honor out-of-state ones, but that's not enough in my opinion) but the damned conservatives rule half our state (it's only the relatively tiny New York City boroughs where liberals are the majority.)

That being said, middle America (and the southern states) are by far the worst: they're so backward in attitude - they put down everyone; they're so politically incorrect still. While of course there are decent people everywhere, as a majority, the prejudice that runs rampant within these states in particular are still the embarrassment of our country.
Bleeding Dry
Bleeding on the Floor
Bleeding Dry
August 29th, 2008 at 01:00pm
-And what are your views on homosexual couples adopting children? Does this provide complications from the child's point of view?
I think it would provide complications, because the children are going to have to grow up from potentially a young age grasping this concept, which could cause conflict with, i.e a very religious school. Also, if the children develop in such a way they decide that homosexual couples adopting children is wrong, and so are homosexual couples (Im not saying they are, Im saying if the children believed this), it would be very hard and awkward for them. I think they need to be old enough to choose for themselves if they are mentally developed enough to be adopted by a homosexual couple to prevent problems occuring in the future.
Also, even though there are many laws in place now, society, especially school children, are harsh on such events. Are these kids going to be bullied on something which is way out of their control? Isn't life going to be hard enough for them just purely by being adopted?
But I also think that homosexual couples also have the right to bring up children as their own, it gives the children a home, and makes the couple happy. I personally can't see anything wrong with the morals behind it.
Mindfuck
Always Born a Crime
Mindfuck
August 29th, 2008 at 08:21pm
Bleeding Dry:
[b]
I think it would provide complications, because the children are going to have to grow up from potentially a young age grasping this concept, which could cause conflict with, i.e a very religious school.
Why would a homosexual couple send their child to a strict religious school if they knew they were going to be homophobic about it? Before they sent the kid there they would have had to check it out, so surely they would have got the impression of whether or not the school was against homosexuality...
Bleeding Dry
Bleeding on the Floor
Bleeding Dry
August 30th, 2008 at 09:58am
I didn't mean necessarily a very religious school, but what if the couple are religious? They have every right to send their child to a religious school.

But yeah, you are right. Good point. My bad.
jazmine richardson
Killjoy
jazmine richardson
September 2nd, 2008 at 09:09pm
i am totally fine with homosexual people and relationships. what i don't agree with is bringing it into schools.
this past year, we had a "day of silence." to participate, you had to wear a bright pink t-shirt and not talk all day. this is rediculous to me, because i have a cousin and uncle who are gay, and i know for a fact that they probably think it is just as silly as i do.
if they want to be treated like everyday people, they need to BE TREATED LIKE EVERYDAY PEOPLE.
i totally agree with gay marraige. totally. i just don't believe it should be preformed in a church. as a christian girl, i believe that it would be a marraige, but i beleive in the eyes of God, it would not be a true holy matramony.
Heybaberiba
Fabulous Killjoy
Heybaberiba
September 13th, 2008 at 07:32pm
KingRex:
In my expirience, catholics are pretty understanding and tollernt.

Tolerant Catholics? Are you guys from Ireland?
Anyhow, I have met a whole lot of intolerant people in most religions. The religion is just an excuse for a mindset, if the religion wouldn't be there, they would use something else to shield themselves from new, unfamiliar or "scary" things.
blow
Bleeding on the Floor
blow
September 13th, 2008 at 10:17pm
Heybaberiba:
Anyhow, I have met a whole lot of intolerant people in most religions. The religion is just an excuse for a mindset, if the religion wouldn't be there, they would use something else to shield themselves from new, unfamiliar or "scary" things.

All Catholics that I know are very tolerant. Even if they don't particularly agree with it, they recognize that other people are different and respect that. I'm a very tolerant Catholic. I agree with you about religion just being an excuse to do things, but that's nothing new. Religion/God has always been an excuse to do things that are wrong. (crusades, manifest destiny, and now homophobics)
xxMy_Chem_Cutiexx
Fabulous Killjoy
xxMy_Chem_Cutiexx
September 16th, 2008 at 06:21pm
i believe in gay marriage even though my family doesn't.

they think gays should have the same rights and all just not call it marriage because in the bible marriage was between a guy and a girl.

well what if they aren't part of a religion or just don't care about the bible.

i think it is fine to call it marriage.
Little Miss Mental
Bleeding on the Floor
Little Miss Mental
September 16th, 2008 at 09:04pm
I think love is love. It shouldn't matter what orientation a person is. I think homosexual marriages aren't legalized in most countries/states because people firmly beleive that a man loving a man, or a woman loving a woman go against the bible and it isn't how God intended it to be. Yeah, that's fine and dandy...but that doesn't mean a homosexual person should be allowed less rights than a heterosexual person.

I don't really care what a person is...they're still a person. And the effects on society? I'm really not sure...ut maybe if same sex marriages were to be allowed poeple might try to come up with silly laws they feel should be legalized too. I don't know. But I still think people should be able to be with whoever they want...it shouldn't matter.
Mindfuck
Always Born a Crime
Mindfuck
September 16th, 2008 at 09:47pm
Lady.del.Lago:
I think love is love.
The "love is love" argument is banned from this discussion. It says it clearly on the first page (which one is apparently supposed to read).

Lady.del.Lago:
I'm really not sure...ut maybe if same sex marriages were to be allowed poeple might try to come up with silly laws they feel should be legalized too.
So, you're saying that the legalisation of gay marriage would be a "silly" law to pass?
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
September 19th, 2008 at 10:09am
My daughter and I had the following conversation the other day:

If sodomy was truly "against God," then why did HE go ahead and locate the mail g-spot inside the anus?

Just food for thought Wink
Kaleidoscopic mind
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Kaleidoscopic mind
September 19th, 2008 at 11:55am
Deb:
My daughter and I had the following conversation the other day:

If sodomy was truly "against God," then why did HE go ahead and locate the mail g-spot inside the anus?

Just food for thought Wink

WIN!!! Ha Ha
I'm so keeping that one for my future discussions!

I have to say I'm very proud of Norway having legalized gay marriages and adoptions, and I thought the protests would be a lot louder and bigger and longer lasting than I thought beforehand.. I think I've underestimated alot of people here, and for once I'm happy I was wrong.
Rexperience
Bleeding on the Floor
Rexperience
September 20th, 2008 at 12:37am
Well the latest drama at my school is the new athletics director Ms.Wilkins, who is over seeing Homecoming this year. Suddenly at lunch Thursday, while selling tickets, she made a comment that "if you are bringing someone from another school, they must be a date and not a friend and all couples attending must be guy-girl couples." Basically this has created a lot of stress on kids who were looking to bring FRIENDS to the dance, as well as to the small gay population who were planning on attending. The major issue is just the faculty being really lame. Which is what everyone who is not a major homophobe is feeling.

The next day more was embellished upon the idea of bringing friends but not a word was said about the topic of non-"guy-girl" couples. So far as I know, some are still trying to uphold the "policy"

God that pisses me off. Whats the big deal? Can't two people go to a dance together if they want to? A friend of mine who happens to be gay told me about how at freshman homecoming the administration was abit freaked out at the two male names under date, and that even though he signed up under a couple, they changed it to single. I really don't understand. Gay rights are hard enough as an adult, now if your a minor you basically have to follow any policies the administration throws at you? wtf?
DIE! DIE! DIE!
Bleeding on the Floor
DIE! DIE! DIE!
September 20th, 2008 at 02:04pm
Eponine:
Heybaberiba:

All Catholics that I know are very tolerant. Even if they don't particularly agree with it, they recognize that other people are different and respect that. I'm a very tolerant Catholic. I agree with you about religion just being an excuse to do things, but that's nothing new. Religion/God has always been an excuse to do things that are wrong. (crusades, manifest destiny, and now homophobics)

I grew up in a Catholic church for 10 years (and have been Agnostic my whole life, My mom wanted to give us experience in all religions so she would bring us to different churches)

I have met very few Catholics who were exceptionally unkind or intolerant. They focus a lot more on giving to the poor then giving to themselves and feeding their religion to others.

Anyway, I suppose this is the wrong place for this

Soooo
Im thinking in 20 years or so, there will be a revolutionary chance in American society regarding homosexuals
So many young people are either pro or indifferent to homosexual rights. Today, it's mostly the shriveled old men in congress that are creating the problem:
thoughts?
John St. John
Shotgun Sinner
John St. John
September 21st, 2008 at 06:51am
xxMy_Chem_Cutiexx:
i believe in gay marriage even though my family doesn't.

they think gays should have the same rights and all just not call it marriage because in the bible marriage was between a guy and a girl.

well what if they aren't part of a religion or just don't care about the bible.

i think it is fine to call it marriage.

But marriage is a holy matrimony.

And is christians don't believe in gay marriage why should we force it on the church?
blow
Bleeding on the Floor
blow
September 21st, 2008 at 11:49am
To Zanarkand:

But marriage is a holy matrimony.

And is christians don't believe in gay marriage why should we force it on the church?

Marriage isn't necessarily a sacrament but holy matrimony is. If a man and a women are simply married by the state, it is still a marriage but they have not had the sacrament of marriage. (aka holy matrimony) But it is still considered marriage even if you don't do the whole church thing. If a strait couple can be married by the state and it is still referred to as a marriage a gay couple should have that same right.
Amy-Faye
Jazz Hands
Amy-Faye
September 21st, 2008 at 01:46pm
I think this can go here.
The other night, i was having an argument with my mum. It was about my friend from school. Her mum married another woman. And she calls them her 'parents' because she didn't really know her dad. But my mum kept telling me how she shouldn't call them her parents because there both woman. It really annoyed me, because of course there are gay couples out there that are eventually gonna want children. And i don't think its right how there children shouldn'tbe able to refur to them as there parents because they have the same sex. The worst part is that she told me i couldn't have an opinion on it because i was only 14. But that dosn't really have anythingto do with it.

Anyway, do you guys think that kids should call there same sex parents, parents?