Don't have an account? Create one!

Homosexual Rights.

AuthorMessage
LunacyFringe
Killjoy
LunacyFringe
June 16th, 2009 at 04:53pm
Deb:
For now, here is the proof we've all been waiting for that homosexuality IS natural.

Alexface.:
That has to be my favourite news story in quite a while. :') That's great. That should change the minds of at least a few people who seem to express that homosexuality is unnatural.

Since when does the fact that something comes naturally mean that its ok?

Hate, lust, greed, anger, revenge, selfishness, jealousy, etc...all of those things come natural to us as human beings. No one has to teach us to do those things or act in those ways, we just do it, it comes naturally. Now just because those types of things come naturally to us does not make them ok.
bellamurte
Killjoy
bellamurte
June 23rd, 2009 at 05:57am
I don't know if someone has already said this -or if it's the same anywhere outside of the UK-

It was never illegal to be a lesbian, because Queen Victoria -who enforced the law- never believed women were disgusting enough to do something like that.
bellamurte
Killjoy
bellamurte
June 23rd, 2009 at 05:57am
-edit- Double Post
College internet is spazzing today
xxZalanortxx
Killjoy
xxZalanortxx
July 8th, 2009 at 04:40pm
Love is love.
Tallulah
Admin
Tallulah
July 8th, 2009 at 06:24pm
^^ You need to put more than that into your posts on this forum.
Read the rules.
Thanks.
Alexface.
Salute You in Your Grave
Alexface.
July 9th, 2009 at 11:19am
xxZalanortxx:
Love is love.
"Love is love" is a really weak argument in my opinion. Could the same be said for paedophilia, bestiality, etc?
Alexface.
Salute You in Your Grave
Alexface.
July 9th, 2009 at 11:20am
bellamurte:
I don't know if someone has already said this -or if it's the same anywhere outside of the UK-

It was never illegal to be a lesbian, because Queen Victoria -who enforced the law- never believed women were disgusting enough to do something like that.
I believe that's a myth, I think it was mentioned on QI.
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
July 9th, 2009 at 03:05pm
Alexface.:
"Love is love" is a really weak argument in my opinion. Could the same be said for paedophilia, bestiality, etc?
Not as long as logic is involved, no Rolling Eyes
Hiroshima Lovers
Killjoy
Hiroshima Lovers
July 10th, 2009 at 07:00am
In my opinion, guys and girls are the same (apart from their bodies, obviously)
So there should not really be a difference in a relationship between people with different sexes and people with the same sex.

In my opinion, If you're against it, fine, but don't punish those who are.
This applies to a lot of things, such as religion and abortion, But since this is the 'Homosexual Rights' threat, I'll just stick to that.

What annoys me most is that homosexuals/Bisexuals can not help their sexuality, yet people are still against them. Would said people prefere them to live a lie?

It's moreso the older generations who are against homosexuality. I have a gay uncle, and he feels ashamed because his father (My grandfather) is sort-of against homosexuality and same-sex marriages.

His partner of more than 10 years has not been invited to any family gatherings, whereas everyone else's partners had been invited. come to think of it, I have never met his partner. I don't think anyone in my family has, for my grandad's sake. The older generation- yes, it may seem harsh- will not be here for much longer, so in a few years time homosexuals will have more rights.Well, that's what i think anyway.

Sorry for lack of good vocabularry/ Grammar, but I'm extremely tired and I'm at school ^.^
Hiroshima Lovers
Killjoy
Hiroshima Lovers
July 10th, 2009 at 07:30am
*Vocabulary
blow
Bleeding on the Floor
blow
July 10th, 2009 at 07:39am
MyTwistedShell:
So there should not really be a difference in a relationship between people with different sexes and people with the same sex.

In my opinion, If you're against it, fine, but don't punish those who are.
This applies to a lot of things, such as religion and abortion, But since this is the 'Homosexual Rights' threat, I'll just stick to that.

What annoys me most is that homosexuals/Bisexuals can not help their sexuality, yet people are still against them. Would said people prefere them to live a lie?

It's moreso the older generations who are against homosexuality. I have a gay uncle, and he feels ashamed because his father (My grandfather) is sort-of against homosexuality and same-sex marriages.

His partner of more than 10 years has not been invited to any family gatherings, whereas everyone else's partners had been invited. come to think of it, I have never met his partner. I don't think anyone in my family has, for my grandad's sake. The older generation- yes, it may seem harsh- will not be here for much longer, so in a few years time homosexuals will have more rights.Well, that's what i think anyway.

Sorry for lack of good vocabularry/ Grammar, but I'm extremely tired and I'm at school ^.^

There are quite of lot of differences between women and men, our brains function differently.
I think the younger generation is always more liberal than the previous. Very slowly attitudes are starting to shift, children are being raised to be accepting instead of intolerant, it will take a while, but we'll get there.

ps. you can edit your posts.
Alexface.
Salute You in Your Grave
Alexface.
July 10th, 2009 at 08:41am
Deb:
Alexface.:
Not as long as logic is involved, no Rolling Eyes
But arguments for something shouldn't need logic applied to them, if you get my drift. If you're simply saying "love is love", you're basically saying that everybody has the right to act on any form of love, because it's love. And that, I think, is wrong because paedophilia is a kind of love, incest, bestiality etc., and that would imply that they're perfectly okay because it's love.

I hope what I'm saying makes sense. xD
John St. John
Shotgun Sinner
John St. John
July 10th, 2009 at 10:18am
Incest comes with many many health risks and seriously if you can't see the difference between a consenting relationship between two men and two women and bestiality, (were the animal obviously can't consent) then there's something not right

Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
July 10th, 2009 at 10:25am
Alexface.:
If you're simply saying "love is love", you're basically saying that everybody has the right to act on any form of love, because it's love. And that, I think, is wrong because paedophilia is a kind of love, incest, bestiality etc., and that would imply that they're perfectly okay because it's love.
There is virtually no comparison between what two consenting adults choose to do with one another (provided no one breaks the law) and sexual aberrations. I think you'll find that sexually aberrated people never use the word "love" to describe their practices.
Alexface.
Salute You in Your Grave
Alexface.
July 10th, 2009 at 10:33am
John St. John:
Incest comes with many many health risks and seriously if you can't see the difference between a consenting relationship between two men and two women and bestiality, (were the animal obviously can't consent) then there's something not right
No, I'm not saying there isn't a difference. I'm saying that "love is love" is a cop-out argument because it implies that even the dangerous and disgusting types of love are excuseable.

Besides, look at the first post of this discussion.
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
July 10th, 2009 at 10:36am
Alexface.:
Yes, I know that the mods don't like the "love is love" argument, however, I disagree with their hypothetical line of thinking. You're never going to hear about a necrophiliac having professed their undying devotion to a corpse, nor have anyone tell you that they're in love with a cat. I personally find it extremely insulting to the gay community that such comparisons get made.
Alexface.
Salute You in Your Grave
Alexface.
July 10th, 2009 at 10:45am
I'm not comparing the two, though. I'm bisexual and I get offended if anyone says that my sexuality is "just as disgusting" or "just as bad" as bestiality and incest. But I'm not saying that. What I'm saying is that, in my opinion, "love is love" is by no means a good enough argument for gay rights, despite its well-meaningness. It doesn't even seem to mean anything. You could just as easily say "hate is hate" or "pineapples are pineapples". I just think it's a bit of an overused phrase that doesn't really constitute a good argument.
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
July 10th, 2009 at 10:51am
Alexface.:
What I'm saying is that, in my opinion, "love is love" is by no means a good enough argument for gay rights, despite its well-meaningness. I just think it's a bit of an overused phrase that doesn't really constitute a good argument.
Fair enough, but, especially seeing as how you've been victimized by said argument, surely you can understand why I am reluctant to help that line of thinking along.
LunacyFringe
Killjoy
LunacyFringe
July 11th, 2009 at 11:36pm
MyTwistedShell:

As Faraday said, there is no doubt that men and woman are different more then just anatomically. Our minds work in different ways, our reactions to situations are usually very different, and the way that we communicate is different. There is more to being a man or a woman then just being born with certain body parts.

MyTwistedShell:

There is no scientific proof to the idea that people are born homosexual/bisexual/transgendered etc.
LunacyFringe
Killjoy
LunacyFringe
July 11th, 2009 at 11:37pm
Double Post. Sorry, my internet got messed up.