Don't have an account? Create one!

Download Festival.

AuthorMessage
Punk_Bling_Girl_85
Bleeding on the Floor
Punk_Bling_Girl_85
January 31st, 2007 at 05:06am
Chemical_Romance:

I'm in the middle of the huge MCR arguement. If any fans go, they'll get hurt too.
[/b][/size][/font]

seriously, download is on the whole one of the most friendly places ever! im serious, these opinions seem to only be based on speculation, yes loads of people are annoyed mcr are playing they may throw bottles, even riot a little (this happened last year after guns and roses played really bad) but its not that dangerous! Loads and loads of non metal bands play there every year, all this hype is because mcr are headlinging a typically metal festival, but i think its going to be a seriously good day.
Punk_Bling_Girl_85
Bleeding on the Floor
Punk_Bling_Girl_85
January 31st, 2007 at 05:16am

reading the download forum, yes the majority of the people do not want to see mcr, but read this page for example there are a lot of sane people, making good points, and if you notice when one idiot refers to gerard the rest of them imply how childish he is being.

Plus also someone pointed out something great, which i completly forgot about. DOWNLOAD IS A ROCK FESTIVAL, not a metal festival, I think these idiots need reminding of that.
Chemical_Romance
Salute You in Your Grave
Chemical_Romance
January 31st, 2007 at 07:43am

I think there will be one serious injury this year...And it'll be to an MCR fan...A lot of the Download Forum hate me lol...I'll be forever looking over my shoulder when I'm there.

I'm hoping MCR cancel.
Punk_Bling_Girl_85
Bleeding on the Floor
Punk_Bling_Girl_85
January 31st, 2007 at 08:04am
[color=DarkMangeta]^^whats ur name on the download forum? I'll look out for you! Im being nice to them, but im not shying away from the fact i love mcr either[/color]
Roses-for-smiles
Fabulous Killjoy
Roses-for-smiles
January 31st, 2007 at 08:23am
Punk_Bling_Girl_85:
Roses-for-smiles:
Do you have to get weekend tickets? I only want a day pass

You can get day passes but they usually release them a lot later, maybe march? im not too sure i cant rmember when they went on sale last year

Oh thanks for the info...not sure if I want to go with all the negativity on those forums though!
Doll Parts
Salute You in Your Grave
Doll Parts
January 31st, 2007 at 12:45pm
I have to say well in my own opinion its alittle early for them to be headlining I mean as you can see alot of people dislike them and would prefer to chuck shit at them. but they obviously like a challenge and well if it turns out bad what are they gunna do!! they booked the slot so....
katexcore
Jazz Hands
katexcore
January 31st, 2007 at 12:46pm
I have a feeling MCR are going to need support on Friday 8th June!
Day ticket here I come!
Chemical_Romance
Salute You in Your Grave
Chemical_Romance
January 31st, 2007 at 01:33pm
Punk_Bling_Girl_85:
[color=DarkMangeta]^^whats ur name on the download forum? I'll look out for you! Im being nice to them, but im not shying away from the fact i love mcr either[/color]

I'm Soph__xo.
I have an ava of Gerard :]
Chemical_Romance
Salute You in Your Grave
Chemical_Romance
January 31st, 2007 at 01:37pm

I think any INO users going to Download should meet up on the day and fight Download together :]
Mrs.Halloween
Salute You in Your Grave
Mrs.Halloween
January 31st, 2007 at 02:02pm
definitely^!!
ladypeace
Bleeding on the Floor
ladypeace
January 31st, 2007 at 02:18pm
Chemical_Romance:

I think any INO users going to Download should meet up on the day and fight Download together :]

i agree on that...
skeptic or believer?
Jazz Hands
skeptic or believer?
January 31st, 2007 at 02:26pm
in responce to someone who asked when the second stage finishes in relation to the main,its roughly half an hour....all im hoping is the festival is in june so that gives a couple of months for the dust to settle......we shall see....
Gothic-Lady
Fabulous Killjoy
Gothic-Lady
January 31st, 2007 at 02:34pm
reading through the download forum in detail it seems to just be a knee jerk reaction to them getting to headline..i think *fingers crossed*alot of it will die down, .and we still need to know who else will be playing that day.

to all who go have fun and be safe.
Roses-for-smiles
Fabulous Killjoy
Roses-for-smiles
January 31st, 2007 at 02:37pm
^^Thanks, that was me who asked. I was expecting some controversy yes, but some people on the forums have really started to scare me over there. You guys who are meeting up from here, I think it's a great idea, I'd feel safer in a crowd too.
Tragic.
Banned
Tragic.
January 31st, 2007 at 02:47pm
Yeah,
Its a ROCK festival, not a metal festival.
Sweet jesus.
Some people are so hard headed.
Don't like them, DON'T LISTEN TO THEM.
Wow.
They are just so..
stupid? xD
skeptic or believer?
Jazz Hands
skeptic or believer?
January 31st, 2007 at 03:11pm
for anyone who is interested my username is goneinthehead on the download forum....its hard work on there but there is a saying round by me "you cant educate shite" blunt but in this case oh so true
CakePlease.
Motor Baby
CakePlease.
January 31st, 2007 at 03:16pm
Well I think its all going to be fine.....
A lot of fridays at download have been indie/rock based before........but thats what I like about Download, I can go and see a band like Taking Back Sunday, then Slayer, then Aiden, then Slipknot and then Trivium...like there not split up into emo, punk, metal, hardcore genres its all under "rock" at one festival.......its something you cant really find as much in America.

But sadly I wont be going...................I have exams..............Sad
katexcore
Jazz Hands
katexcore
January 31st, 2007 at 03:24pm
ladypeace:
Chemical_Romance:

i agree on that...

Same, I'll join anyone going!
Hopefuly they'll anounce a really metal band headlining another stage, so they'll all be distracted!
skeptic or believer?
Jazz Hands
skeptic or believer?
January 31st, 2007 at 03:32pm
katzlife:
ladypeace:
Chemical_Romance:

i agree on that...

Same, I'll join anyone going!
Hopefuly they'll anounce a really metal band headlining another stage, so they'll all be distracted!

sadly another act dont play at the same time,the tent act has to be finished by the time the headliner starts so......hopefully it will all calm down...unless......the kerrang atricle on their website was correct and fall out boy play too.then things may get too much Shocked
Gothic-Lady
Fabulous Killjoy
Gothic-Lady
January 31st, 2007 at 03:37pm
iwantthisname...i hope not (i like fall out boy) but seriously i think that would be trouble...but we will just have to wait and see how it goes over the next few months...hopefully it will calm down.