Don't have an account? Create one!

Download Festival.

AuthorMessage
Roses-for-smiles
Fabulous Killjoy
Roses-for-smiles
January 31st, 2007 at 03:40pm
^Oh, i never heard about FOB rumour!!
They've (the download forum whingers) have started a myspace page now www.myspace.com/save_download
Some of those comments are truly awful.
katexcore
Jazz Hands
katexcore
January 31st, 2007 at 03:40pm
Oh dear, well maybe they'll have run out of things to throw by the time FOB have finished, not that I think anyone should get that shit, I don't want FOB to get bottled either, they are awsome too??
Or am I being too optomistic?
Fall Out Boy hardly got any abuse at Reading. But they were early on in the middle of a line up consisting of alot of acts in the same league.
I hope the orginisers of download read the stuff on thier forums and do somehting to prevent something nasty happening.
skeptic or believer?
Jazz Hands
skeptic or believer?
January 31st, 2007 at 04:09pm
download have released a staement http://forums.downloadfestival.co.uk/tm.aspx?m=1216933&mpage=86&key=�
Gothic-Lady
Fabulous Killjoy
Gothic-Lady
January 31st, 2007 at 04:21pm
thank you iwantthisname..i would have missed it over there....great post but sadly no-one seems to be taking much notice of it ..i just reg as mama.
skeptic or believer?
Jazz Hands
skeptic or believer?
January 31st, 2007 at 05:25pm
^ lol spotted you...keep up the good work!
Roses-for-smiles
Fabulous Killjoy
Roses-for-smiles
January 31st, 2007 at 05:40pm
^^Thanks for the link to the statement, I'll look out for you guys on the forums. I'm not brave enough to join myself
skeptic or believer?
Jazz Hands
skeptic or believer?
January 31st, 2007 at 05:49pm
Roses-for-smiles:
^^Thanks for the link to the statement, I'll look out for you guys on the forums. I'm not brave enough to join myself

its having 6 kids that makes you more aggressive towards morons i think Evil or Very Mad lol
Chemical_Romance
Salute You in Your Grave
Chemical_Romance
January 31st, 2007 at 06:25pm

On the Download Forum I'm Soph__xo
Gothic-Lady
Fabulous Killjoy
Gothic-Lady
January 31st, 2007 at 08:05pm
the talk of violence seems to be dying down on the download forum and it seems to be just manly people not agreeing with choice...even non mcr fans are saying that its idiotic to talk of bottling the band/fans etc..there are still some haters there but alot more that are anti violence/ just not watch them. Clap
Mrs.Halloween
Salute You in Your Grave
Mrs.Halloween
February 1st, 2007 at 01:24am
was the statement on the download link an official one made by people who run it? i couldn't see it =/, sorry. what does it say?
i did read some post though, where some dood wished aids on them so they couldn't play.
that's so sad, and disgusting.
Roses-for-smiles
Fabulous Killjoy
Roses-for-smiles
February 1st, 2007 at 06:16am
^^Here's the statement.

Hi guys...

As alot of you may have guessed, I have received 100+ abusive messages from "fans" of Download regarding the headliners on Friday, My Chemical Romance.

Now, this is not an official "statement" on the matter, far from it, as most of you know I'm not employed by Live Nation, I am comissioned to run their MySpace.

My position is this... One band does not make a festival. Simply put, My Chemical Romance are only one of, what I'd guess at 150+ bands that will be playing the festival this year. Furthermore, DURING My Chemical Romance's set, based on previous years, at least another two acts will be playing at the same time, so if you don't like MCR, watch someone else, or take advantage of the other entertainment facilities available on the festival site, or go back to the campsite to party.

People simply misunderestimate the complications of booking acts for a festival. Unfortunately, the acts booked for a festival of this size aren't just simply who organisers think the crowd will want (although that is the initial factor) but also IF the band want to play the festival or indeed, if their label will let them.

For example, Iron Maiden, the Sunday headliners, were (allegedly) asked to play the festival the same year they played Reading and Leeds, but they said no because they wanted to play to a "new market", especially considering they were soon releasing an album at the time.

Booking of a festival is complicated. Behind the scenes things work a lot different to how we think on the outside.. lots of bands have been approached but the label knock it back as the band are not touring, in the studio, will not come to Europe as the travel is too much and they can not justify it with another gig over here or in Europe, schedule is too tight, they are releasing an album the end of the year and would prefer to wait for 08 when album is out etc etc...

Furthermore, alot of bands play festival as a result of "package deals". For example DV8 played 2005, much to the confusion of many. DV8 were supposedly a package deal so agreed on so another of the more "popular" acts could play, a deal put forward by their label/management. The adding of MCR to the bill COULD mean bands on their label who are more Download "suited" play the festival.

And to "answer" a few of the arguments...

Q: "Why are Linkin Park playing... they havent done anything in years?"
A: Linkin Park are apparently releasing an album this Spring, and are past headliners. They have a new album to promote and quite simply, based on past success, they are a band that can still demand headliner status.

Q: "Why are MCR headling.. they arent big enough... and it's a metal festival"
A: Like it or not, MCR are one of the majorly successful acts of recent years, with album sales in the millions and selling tours out at major arenas acros the planet. Furthermore, Download is and has never been billed as a "metal" festival. It is a rock, alternative and metal festival. My Chemical Romance have an audience best described as "alternative" (no emo jibes plz) therefore, are suited to the genre of the festival.

Q: "Why has Download sold out/been ruined"
A: Download is run by Live Nation, a subsidary of Clear Channel, one of (if not THE) the biggest music promotion and distribution companies in the world. Accusations of "selling out" are completely pointless. As far as "being ruined" goes, that's an opinion in the end. It may be a popular opinion, but it's still an opinion. Not fact.

So my appeal is to please stop these abusive messages. If you don't like MCR, don't watch them or simply, don't go!

I'm just going to delete the abusive messages wihtout reading them from now on, if you have anything intelligent to say, by all means please do, but seriously, gratuitous swearing, threatening to harass the fans of said bands and bottle the stage are not clever, or indeed constructive.

Contact Live Nation through their website http://www.livenation.com if you want to send your feedback direct, because I can only send so much feedback their way without repeating myself.

It's good to hear that the talk of violence has been dying down, I havn't been back on since last night. I was just sick of readin vile comments.
ginaaaa
Killjoy
ginaaaa
February 1st, 2007 at 07:16am
i hate download
Sazzle
Killjoy
Sazzle
February 1st, 2007 at 07:36am
Just read some quotes on that MySpace page...My failing hope in the human race is falling every second.

"I'd be very happy if every member of MCR died this year at download. Unbelivably happy. "

I was gonna post some more but most people on there can't type proper English and it's just total rubbish.

I think things will calm down now after the initial reaction, but if any other bands like MCR are announced then it will just light the fire again. Also people probably will start talking about it again nearer the time. It just depends how things go.

With things like this though, it just makes me love MCR even more because so many people hate them so much. It makes me feel like I have something special by actually being able to listen to their music and understand the message. I feel privilaged to be a fan of MCR.
Mrs.Halloween
Salute You in Your Grave
Mrs.Halloween
February 1st, 2007 at 12:17pm
thanks roses-for-smiles Smile. i'm glad that person made that statement about it.
and it's good that talk of violence is dying down. i'm hoping now that all that crap about riots, crushing and initial thoughts on beating up mcr fans were just hype.
katexcore
Jazz Hands
katexcore
February 1st, 2007 at 12:24pm
Some people really are sick, I mean wishing death or injury on people they don't even know. Thats messed up.
Well at least less people are talking like that now.
I'm hopeing most of the people maing threats are all talk.
Dead?
Fabulous Killjoy
Dead?
February 1st, 2007 at 02:15pm
Just visited the Download forums, didn't join though. I'm just finding all MCR haters quite humourous. One said the lead singer was 'Gerard Wayne' haha and another said
they sing songs about 'cutting ur self with a razor cos ur gf dumped you'
Makes me wonder if some of these people have ever heard any MCR music before they voice there opinion
Chemical_Romance
Salute You in Your Grave
Chemical_Romance
February 1st, 2007 at 02:52pm
Dead?:
Just visited the Download forums, didn't join though. I'm just finding all MCR haters quite humourous. One said the lead singer was 'Gerard Wayne' haha and another said
they sing songs about 'cutting ur self with a razor cos ur gf dumped you'
Makes me wonder if some of these people have ever heard any MCR music before they voice there opinion

I know. It's daft. I had a right rant at someone for calling them emo and stuff. I actually explained the whole of TBP to them and they were all like.
'Yeah...Well...They still suck!'
Lol. Foooooools!
Punk_Bling_Girl_85
Bleeding on the Floor
Punk_Bling_Girl_85
February 1st, 2007 at 02:59pm
I think that once more bands are announces a lot of this madness will die ddown, because these guys will have other things to talk or complain about, obviously it wont die down completly but I have faith it wont be as bad as this when the time for download actually comes around! Im doing my little bits to keep the peace on there, you'll find going on during "school hours" there are not nearly as many stupid comments, and the older members are the ones talking sense, which also gives me hope that all these idiots are younger
Chemical_Romance
Salute You in Your Grave
Chemical_Romance
February 1st, 2007 at 03:02pm

^Yeah, definately.

I need the line up to hurry up and be announced so Bess and I can plan things!
ImNotOkay3505
Salute You in Your Grave
ImNotOkay3505
February 1st, 2007 at 04:23pm
They're sharing the headlining spot with Iron Maiden!? Dude, that a REAL honor right there, I don't care what anyone says.