Don't have an account? Create one!

Download Festival.

AuthorMessage
famous_last_words
Motor Baby
famous_last_words
February 2nd, 2007 at 10:07am
"My Chemical Romance are headlining at Download Festival on Friday 8th of June 2007. They have earned their place on the line-up, and are honoured to be a part of such a huge festival.

As a festival, Download brings together thousands of rock music fans of many genres, which is always highlighted by the many different types of bands that have played there in the past. Many see it as a chance to enjoy new bands and are open to attending the performances of those that may be new to them. This is generally what a festival aims to do; introduce people to new bands, whilst attracting them to the whole event with bands that they are already fans of. You wouldn't buy a ticket to a show played by a band you'd never heard of, would you?

However, this year a large group of people have decided to protest against My Chemical Romance and are attempting to shunt them from the line-up. If this plan doesn't work, they'll wait until the day of the concert and do their damage by bottling the band. Why?

MCR will NOT back down, and we as a fan base have decided to create this petition to reassure and encourage them to play at Download. If you are a fan of My Chemical Romance then I urge you to sign this petition. If they have ever helped you in anyway, entertained you with their music or just generally given you a new name to add to your 'bands' list on Myspace, then PLEASE SIGN! Remember, they have dedicated their lives to their fans; take advantage of this situation and let them know you care."

I know our boys are just gonna get a HUUUGE kick out of this and there's NO WAY they can be kicked off the line- up but please sign the petition. That way, if people show up with bottles and other dangerous objects and hurt our boys the organizers can't pretend they didn't know about this. Oh and it's probably better if the band hears about this and comes prepared too.

I have no idea why it's different in the UK but over here people can't bring glass bottles/sharp objects...etc. into a venue and drinks are served in plastic cups. I want a fucking change of rules over there, even if it's just for that festival.

You can sign the petition here http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/MCR_4_DOWNLOAD/ "

this wasposted on the mcrmy and i say wo0t!

so i posted it on the download message boardsss
Roses-for-smiles
Fabulous Killjoy
Roses-for-smiles
February 2nd, 2007 at 01:04pm
Well I might be going to download after all. I went back on the forums last night and from what I read it didn't seem to be dying down but reading through all the comments just made me want to go there to support them more.
I signed the petition!
Chemical_Romance
Salute You in Your Grave
Chemical_Romance
February 2nd, 2007 at 01:10pm

THE NEXT DOWNLOAD ANNOUNCEMENT WILL BE IN 3-4 WEEKS! I WILL GIVE YOU ALL THE DATE WHEN I KNOW IT!
Mrs.Halloween
Salute You in Your Grave
Mrs.Halloween
February 2nd, 2007 at 01:49pm
famous_last_words:

You can sign the petition here http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/MCR_4_DOWNLOAD/

thanks very much for posting that. i'm signing it now!
Roses-for-smiles
Fabulous Killjoy
Roses-for-smiles
February 3rd, 2007 at 06:12am
Does anyone know how much day tickets will cost?
Punk_Bling_Girl_85
Bleeding on the Floor
Punk_Bling_Girl_85
February 3rd, 2007 at 07:06am
This petition is a great idea, and it only takes about three seconds to sign so everyone please remember to do it and tell all your friends about it!

All of this madness will die down a lot by time the festival comes, and as more bands are announced, but there will still be haters around, they will most definatly still be bottled, but we can all help to reduce the severity of this by going to support the guys.

Obviously we all need to be safe, especially the younger fans, so stick together and dont go in the mosh pit at all because in that kind of hostile situation your asking to be beaten! I dont think really young fans should go without adults but thats my own personal opinon i guess.

Plus i dont know if this will happen, but it was just an idea i had, what if the organisers are making the friday like even lighter than the rest of the festival, ie the non-metal day.

Sure everyone else would freak out, but imagine how many of us sane people that would attract, even if you only got a day ticket.

I have heard the roumers of fall out boy, so i guess they would play the friday too.

Anyway, as always i am still totally excited!
Rock Steady
Salute You in Your Grave
Rock Steady
February 3rd, 2007 at 11:43am
on the website it says that ATM there are no plans for day tickets. it depends on capacity. and if they do they will be limited so u gotta get in their quick. and ones for reading r usually like £60..ish..
Punk_Bling_Girl_85
Bleeding on the Floor
Punk_Bling_Girl_85
February 3rd, 2007 at 11:58am
every year ive known them to release day tickets, but its usually quite close to the time, like six weeks or so before, if your planning on getting them for the friday then i think it will sell out really fast so keep checking for when they go on sale!

Chemical_Romance
Salute You in Your Grave
Chemical_Romance
February 4th, 2007 at 09:11am
MCRalphy:
on the website it says that ATM there are no plans for day tickets. it depends on capacity. and if they do they will be limited so u gotta get in their quick. and ones for reading r usually like £60..ish..

I only paid £35 for a Reading Day Ticket?

Anyway, Day tickets will go on sale after the full line-up is announced.

Though, Friday tickets will go like hotcakes.
Chemical_Romance
Salute You in Your Grave
Chemical_Romance
February 4th, 2007 at 11:54am

Here's some OFFICIAL information:

I have just been updated with more detailed (and official) information regarding day tickets...

"At this point there are no plans to sell day tickets for DL07. We will be calculating audience capacities with the local authorities and if possible a small number of day tickets may become available much nearer the date of the festival. However it is also possible that the site capacity will not be able to accommodate day tickets. We will announce further information in mid May."

So please hold out til then before asking me any more about day tickets

Punk_Bling_Girl_85
Bleeding on the Floor
Punk_Bling_Girl_85
February 5th, 2007 at 09:44am
Apparently on the kerrang official site (according to the guys on the download message board) they leaked the names of the following bands:

megadeth, fall out boy, evensence, slayer, marilyn manson, motly crue

to be playing this years festival. They are said to have announced them along with the headliners (by mistake) and this has been removed since.

katexcore
Jazz Hands
katexcore
February 5th, 2007 at 11:41am
Oh, I hope they do let us have day tickets, I want one!
But I hope my G.C.S.E's have finished by then, or I can;t go at all : (
Roses-for-smiles
Fabulous Killjoy
Roses-for-smiles
February 5th, 2007 at 02:11pm
Chemical_Romance:

Here's some OFFICIAL information:

I have just been updated with more detailed (and official) information regarding day tickets...

"At this point there are no plans to sell day tickets for DL07. We will be calculating audience capacities with the local authorities and if possible a small number of day tickets may become available much nearer the date of the festival. However it is also possible that the site capacity will not be able to accommodate day tickets. We will announce further information in mid May."

So please hold out til then before asking me any more about day tickets

Thanks for the info, hope they do decide to release day tickets Confused Guess we'll just have to wait and see...
Bow
Killjoy
Bow
February 5th, 2007 at 04:42pm
I can't do Download as it hits over my sons birthday BUT I would go for the point of supporting MCR if I could. Excuse me being thick but I don't get why there is such a problem with them headlining? Linkin park are on the 9th and iron maiden the 10th. I am somewhat confused and have signed the petition. Oh and should gerard pop on here to read this at any time YOU'RE WELCOME TO MY SON'S BIRTHDAY PARTY Naughty wellll you can't blame a girl for trying!
Bow
Killjoy
Bow
February 5th, 2007 at 05:03pm
Went into the download forum and found a post that has just shocked me to the core, you know the one I mean. Anyway I emailed the web master asking why it wasn't removed as it incites violence which is against the law! How dare they! and all because donington plays metal! I'm so angry. I used to follow most of these bands and I can tell you that Iron Maiden would be livid to hear that they are really nice guys. MCR don't pay attention to it! I so want to go to lend my support but I can't Crying or Very sad I will tell everyone I know what is happening and let people make up their own minds if they should support donington in the future! MY CHEM ROCK!!!!!!
Roses-for-smiles
Fabulous Killjoy
Roses-for-smiles
February 5th, 2007 at 06:10pm
I know exactly how you feel, I'm unable to go to the download forum any more...haven't been there in three days becuase I end up just getting angry and upset and it puts me in a bad mood for the rest of the day. Many posts have shocked me too .
Mrs.Halloween
Salute You in Your Grave
Mrs.Halloween
February 6th, 2007 at 12:01pm
a lot of the posts were extremely nasty. it kind of upset me a lot and made me worry for fans who are going to go to the show.
but i just hope everything dies down by the time they festival comes around.
Punk_Bling_Girl_85
Bleeding on the Floor
Punk_Bling_Girl_85
February 7th, 2007 at 06:39am
I know, ive just though to myself then, for my own sanity, i need to try and stay off that site, its making me crazy! But at the same time its like i have a need to see what is being said. grrrr!!!!
Gothic-Lady
Fabulous Killjoy
Gothic-Lady
February 7th, 2007 at 11:09am
i havent been on there for a couple of days due to family stuff, popped on there before and even though it is not as bad as it was..it is still awful and upsetting, it is nice to see non mcr fans defending the fans etc...but i am just sick of reading all the ignorant posts there....hmm whatever happened to mutal respect for fans/artists etc...i remeber teh days when all people who where alternative regardless of what music/band/look they had, used to join together as a family and lookout for one another..there was always rivalry, but it has been along time since i have seen this much hate/anger for one band etc..

anyways i hopefully shall be there at download..supporting mcr and just keeping an eye out for any trouble.

i wasnt going to go, but damn all this ignorance about mcr and thier fans has made me wanna go!!!!
Rosey203
Jazz Hands
Rosey203
February 7th, 2007 at 02:47pm
Ok so I have a question about Download...Everybody keeps telling me how terrible it is and how I shouldn't go because it can get quite bad there...I'm 12 and small, and people keep telling me I shouldn't go because I'll end up getting beaten up or trampled on...I've never been to this sort of thing cause I'm pretty new to this sort of music, but is it really that bad?