Don't have an account? Create one!

Where were you when you first heard about MCR?

AuthorMessage
colin meloy.
Bulletproof Heart
colin meloy.
June 7th, 2008 at 04:32pm
At my shore house. Lols.
I saw the Helena video. Oh boy.
Nia_Black
Always Born a Crime
Nia_Black
June 7th, 2008 at 05:11pm
My BF dragged me into her living room to show me the video for Helena on LOTMS.
Heart Attack.
Salute You in Your Grave
Heart Attack.
June 7th, 2008 at 06:00pm
The first time I heard them and knew that it was them was when I played Dead! on guitar hero. That's the first time i knowingly heard them.
Switchblade Saint
Salute You in Your Grave
Switchblade Saint
June 8th, 2008 at 03:41am
i think i was at home..!

& i first heard the name My Chemical Romance in some magazine where they interviewed some kids on their fave bands, & one or two of em mentioned MCR.
Rexperience
Bleeding on the Floor
Rexperience
June 9th, 2008 at 02:27am
I'd probably heard of them vaugley through pop culture but just dismissed it with all other contemportary stuff

First time I accutally saw the band and new it was MCR I was sitting in my cousins basement watching SNL on Nov 20th 2007. They were the musical guest as TBP had just come out. The first song was WTTBP and my cousin goes "uh all they sing about is their father and a marching band" so I kinda got off to a negative start. By the second verse we were all like "Just get over it already!" but when the Carry on's started I shut up cause even though I didn't understand them I gained a new respect for their message. I don't really remember Cancer other than it was different from what I used to hear on SNL. I thought the whole thing was overly dramatic, but now I see it was totally warrented with the story of the pacient and all.

Two weeks later they came to my home town and I was joking about going to see them. My brother just laughed but now that I think about it, I part of me probably did want to see them live even back then.
Xfamousxlastxwords
Killjoy
Xfamousxlastxwords
June 9th, 2008 at 06:36pm
first time i herd MCR was..... at a KNO (dance thing at my school) and they played The Black Parade it was awsome
gway_obsesser_DEAD!
Killjoy
gway_obsesser_DEAD!
June 10th, 2008 at 02:56am
A few years ago, and I was with my dad and my brother in a CD store or a video game store, I'm not sure. The store was playing music, and a MCR song came on. It was Helena, and it totally rocked!
sad savior;
Wild Eyed Joker
sad savior;
June 10th, 2008 at 03:15am
First time I heard of them, on the computer.
First time I actually got into them, in my backyard.
made from neon
Salute You in Your Grave
made from neon
June 11th, 2008 at 07:09pm
The first time I ever heard about My Chemical Romance...

Oh, I remember it clearly.
I was in the fifth grade, on a school field trip to Canada Olympic Park.
I was having a grand ol' time, until the actual skiing part.
The ski boots cut into my calves, and I cried and complained until the teachers let me go into the lodge or the cafteteria of whatever you may call it.

I was looking extremely bored, I warrant, because my current science teacher, but at the time was just a teacher that kind of looked like he was a mad scientist, handed me the entertainment section of the newspaper he was reading.
He probably figured I'd get a good ten minutes of joy from the comics, but on the way to Bizarro and the like, I happened upon the "Upcoming Bands" type segment, on My Chemical Romance.

I'd first noticed the lovely lead singer, and so I read further. I paid more attention to their image, though, and was scared off. Keep in mind that back then, my main listening was to Billy Talent. And that was the extent of my rock appreciation.

Then, a year later, I bought a variety CD during my rocker/kind-of-grunge phase. I browsed the tracks and found Helena.

So, there you have it. The first time I heard OF them, and the first time I heard them.
Rexperience
Bleeding on the Floor
Rexperience
June 11th, 2008 at 08:54pm
Xfamousxlastxwords:
first time i herd MCR was..... at a KNO (dance thing at my school) and they played The Black Parade it was awsome

Thats amazing! I wish my school was that cool! Our DJs are SO lame, they mix all the songs into one loop, some songs are even but in the middle of other songs. Its really hard to dance when the music never stops Arrggg. ~ Rex
MCR2008
Killjoy
MCR2008
June 11th, 2008 at 10:57pm
I first heard of MCR was when I was like 11 and one of my guy friends told me about MCR. So I said, "sure I'll check them out" and then one day on the XM radio (on my TV) They played WTTBP and I liked the song so the next day I checked on AOL music and I saw the Helena vid and it all just played out like that
maxim bemis.
Crash Queen
maxim bemis.
June 12th, 2008 at 04:07am
at home, watching some music show.
but when i first heard a song of theirs i liked [at that time i prefered poppy shit, but i love all of MCR's stuff now, so] i was at KFC. xD Classy!
annaaloves
Bleeding on the Floor
annaaloves
June 12th, 2008 at 05:38pm
watching this kerrang! countdown on the tv in the dining room after having a massive row with my mum and dad about two years ago
xxI_Love_Gerardxx
Killjoy
xxI_Love_Gerardxx
June 12th, 2008 at 07:50pm
Depends...

Technically the first thime I was introduced to MCR was at a Girl Scouts meeting when Krystle and Haley started singing Welcome to the Black Parade. I didn't know what it was and I found it annoying because they can't sing. I just dismissed the band as some crazy fake, like Hannah Montana. ( No offense to you fans out there, but she's a fake. Her dad writes her songs, and she lip-sings onstage!)

But the real first time was when I was at home. I was on YouTube and I asked my sister who wrote that song that Krystle and Haley were always singing, and then I looked up My Chemical Romance. I was hooked. They were (are) AWESOME!!!
rocknrolljunkie989
Killjoy
rocknrolljunkie989
June 12th, 2008 at 09:55pm
My friend told me about them. She made me listen to WTTBP and Bury Me In Black.
the desperate ranks.
Always Born a Crime
the desperate ranks.
July 3rd, 2008 at 10:24pm
My friend told me about them, too. And then I kind of researched them and listened to their songs, and fell in love with the band.
Frnk iero.
Awake and Unafraid
Frnk iero.
July 3rd, 2008 at 10:28pm
From my Best friend, in 2005. I went to purevolume...
P A N D O R A
Demolition Lover
P A N D O R A
July 3rd, 2008 at 11:40pm

Three years ago. on TV
doctor who?
Salute You in Your Grave
doctor who?
July 3rd, 2008 at 11:43pm
My Best friends house.She showed me an interview with them..I think it was at Hellfest 2004.The one were they kept saing "Were here to save kids lives."
teenagers.
Jazz Hands
teenagers.
July 4th, 2008 at 09:36am
my friends house. actually, i never listened to them before but she was in love with gerard way and just discovered my chemical romance.