Don't have an account? Create one!

Should we respect other people if they dont respect us?

AuthorMessage
peas and eggs
Fabulous Killjoy
peas and eggs
April 9th, 2007 at 08:40pm
i think that we should support what we think, and not let people talk bad about mcr, but if they still dont respect you, then just give up and see how they like it lol
black magic woman.
Salute You in Your Grave
black magic woman.
April 12th, 2007 at 04:49am
people don't have to like them,but some people go around shouting they suck,they call MCR a bunch of no good names,they even make fun of MCR's group photos,yeah those just gets to my nerves,but why do they have to do that? I have no idea...
black_is_a_rainbow
Jazz Hands
black_is_a_rainbow
April 24th, 2007 at 05:55am
Of course we should but if their insults are going too far, that's the time to give them a dose of their own medicine.
me and my stomach
Thinking Happy Thoughts
me and my stomach
April 24th, 2007 at 07:37am
i don't care if they hate mcr.

but when they get to the point where they insult mcr (the people), i'll smash their face in.

you don't hear me dissing their teenybopper music and people, do you?

in my opinion, keeping any hurtful remarks that can create a war, no matter how big a small, should be kept to yourself.

this kind of contradicts my statement that i'll smash people's faces in. but nevermind...
Say Goodbye!
Killjoy
Say Goodbye!
April 24th, 2007 at 11:53am
If someone said something bad about MCR...

I would probably say something like "You say that because you listen to Gwen Stephany" or "Go back to listening to Nelly Furtado"
Sammie
Really Not Okay
Sammie
April 24th, 2007 at 12:08pm
I think we should still respect the haters because if we don't then we end up being as bad as they are. In a way I guess they want us to react. They must get pleasure out of it. But if people don't like MCR, then that's fine. But they should at least know what they are talking about before they comment. Like the people who say that MCR promote self harm. If they understood the lyrics and took time to watch their interviews they would see that it is so clear that My Chem DO NOT encourage self harm, in fact the opposite. If people want to be immature about MCR then it's their choice. Would I go out and waste my money on a poster and a action figure thing of a band I didn't like? No.They are just after their 15 minutes of fame and the attention from us saying that they are wrong. As far as I'm concerned, we know the truth and they don't and that is My Chem kick there ass!!
Blue_Demon
Motor Baby
Blue_Demon
April 24th, 2007 at 12:30pm
Nobody is going to like all the music types under the sun. I don't listen to heavy metal because it's really not my thing; I don't like rap music because it just doesn't tick all the right box's. So I do respect people who are honest enough to say 'I don't like MCR because...', I work with someone who has said that she doesn't understand MCR's songs and that's fine by me. It's people who just say that they don't like MCR because they are ill-informed and haven't listened to there music the whole way through that annoy's me. Upon saying that I live in Glasgow; I'm not about to yell at another wedgie due to there dislike of MCR for fear of ending up dead.
Morning Stars.
Salute You in Your Grave
Morning Stars.
April 24th, 2007 at 02:39pm
some girls in my class walk past me, bumping my shoulder, throwing pencils at me, that kinda stuff.
but i just say fuck you and get on with it
they hate me cause i listen to MCR, dye my hair and wear eyeliner
but i put tampons in their textbooks Razz
water cooler romance
Jazz Hands
water cooler romance
April 24th, 2007 at 02:50pm
You can listen anything you want and you don't have to like MCR but I think it's childish to make hatelistings or making fun of their music. I don't get the point. Do they think that they'll get more respect by doing stuff like that? I don't like rap or pop but it's not fair to blame somebody just because he or she listens different music than I do. Shocked Well, let's them do what they want to. I like MCR. Very Happy
Tragic.
Banned
Tragic.
April 24th, 2007 at 02:55pm
I don't really care when someone disrespects me liking Mcr, but I HATE it when they disrespect Mcr and really don't know what the hell they are talking about.
Some people say their drugs addicts, but they don't even know what Gerard has gone through or how he has been sober or 2 years now! Some people say they sleep around with girls and GUYS, I mean, Dude, These guys are the most RESPECTFULL NERDS, You can think about, They don't think about having sex, they think about playing video games, and taking showers! I mean, people can't judge a book by it's cover.
Your.Guardian.Angel.
Jazz Hands
Your.Guardian.Angel.
April 24th, 2007 at 03:15pm
I think people that state such cruel opinions relentlessly about My Chemical Romance despite someone's obvious liking for them are just heartless scum, undeserving of any sympathy. I know I'm sick of having certain friends call MCR "emo bullshit" pretty much everytime I mention them, and so I don't respect those people because to get respect you must give it and it is certainly not respectful to insult something that means something to someone else.
Day Of The Dead
Salute You in Your Grave
Day Of The Dead
April 24th, 2007 at 03:30pm
don't aim to please.:
People who just spew things out of their ass like "shitty emo music gay ass whiny bullshit!!!!! fuk thsoe emooos, slayer rocks!!! why you wanna slit ur rists, emo faggs??" Well, those people get no respect from me. But if you've listened to the music(and more than just the singles}, or haven't listened to the music and don't act like you know shit about it, and you know it just aint your thing...whatever. I respect the fact that you are entitled to an opinion, even though I don't respect the opinion itself.

exactly!
people need to be open about their personal opinions and im all for that, but if your gonna 'slag-off' a band before you've even listend to them or heard about their background, then i think thats pretty low.
gerardwayfan101
Killjoy
gerardwayfan101
April 24th, 2007 at 09:23pm
hellz no. if they dont respect us we dont respect them.. its that simple Mad
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
April 24th, 2007 at 09:24pm
If you don't respect them, you're being as rude as they are and why stoop to their level?
Stolen Baby On Board
Banned
Stolen Baby On Board
April 24th, 2007 at 09:31pm
i have thought about this many many times. I have had a ton of experiences when some friends say "Eeww I HATE mcr! their emo faggets!!" At that point I say "Whats your favorite band?" They usually respond with "ICP" At which point I say, "How would you like it if I started saying shit about them?!" Then they have the common courtesy to apologize and be polite and civil about it. When some ppl say "Emo faggets go fucking kill yourself!" They in return become very hypocritical and complain when you insult the HATER'S music. People like that, who can't be polite, are assholes. A couple ppl have said "we should respect the haters anyway." The way I see it, if they can't respect me, they don't deserve my respect. Why should we be walking on eggshells, being nice to the haters when they insult us and our music? I am totally for freedom of speech, but not when its getting ridiculous and not to mention IMMATURE. I pity the ppl who waste their time making hatesites and anti-mcr sites. It really shows how exciting their lives really are. (sarcasm). Now if they say, "I don't like mcr but thats okay if you do." Thats perfectly fine. My closest friends in the world like the band ICP and i absolutley hate that band. But I never make fun of them or give my friends or other ppl shit about them becuz I know it is very irritating.

"Should we respect them if they don't respect us?" No. If you actually read this looong comment give yourself a round of applause. lol Wow my fingers hurt.
sweet dreams.
Salute You in Your Grave
sweet dreams.
April 25th, 2007 at 12:05am
This isn't a matter of "we" it's a matter of what you believe. I (as my own individual) think that people should respect each other no matter whether they respect us or not. The best way to deal with someone that doesn't respect you is to let it roll off your back because it doesn't really matter. You should always respect someone. You don't have to listen to MCR haters...just tune them out and show them as much respect as possible. =] Kill hate with kindness. If that doesn't work, bring out the cannons.
the_Saminator
Thinking Happy Thoughts
the_Saminator
April 25th, 2007 at 05:51pm
Torosauras.:

(I checked and I didnt find anything similar!)

Okay, well to be honest there are a lot of MCR haters out there who give MCR a lot of shit about their music.
Should we respect MCR haters if they dont respect us?
I mean I know not everyone likes MCR, but to go around stating everywhere, making hate websites and everything is too much for me.
I do respect other people, just not the ones who go to so much effort to show their dislike.
What do you think?

Honestly I think if someone doesn't show respect towards you or something/someone you care about, you should give them a taste of their own medicine. Very Happy
Adorkable.
Motor Baby
Adorkable.
April 25th, 2007 at 08:56pm
they can hate MCR's music.
BUT THEY'D BETTER NOT HATE MCR AS PEOPLE. THEY ARE SOME OF THE NICEST PEOPLE YOU'D EVER CARE TO MEET (as far as I know...Very Happy)
FutureMrs.GerardWay
Killjoy
FutureMrs.GerardWay
April 25th, 2007 at 09:20pm
ok...short story... so i was wearing my Black Parade shirt to school one day and this boy in my art class who thinks he's so hott was like "i don't like My Chemical Romance" and i was like "wow. i really don't care what you like." and he didn't know what to say
so basically the moral of this story is who cares what other people think? all i know is that i like MCR and that's what matters
rockonbaby
Thinking Happy Thoughts
rockonbaby
April 25th, 2007 at 09:23pm
I've always thought about this topic that you have now brought up. If people lose respect for me because of my perspectives and my likes, then I will lose respect for them because of the kind of person they are -- the intolerant, elitist kind.

I automatically don't have respect for those idiots who devote their lives to hating MCR.
I'm all for freedom of speech, and I'm totally okay with people expressing their opinions because we are all entitled to our opinions. It's just the things they say or the things they do that causes me to lose respect for them as a person. Now, this is not a thread about what people should or should not do because it pisses you off or whatever, it's a thread about your level of respect for people and their level of respect for you.

FutureMrsGerardWay -- Are you really going to marry Gerard?