Don't have an account? Create one!

Should we respect other people if they dont respect us?

AuthorMessage
Young Blood.
Shotgun Sinner
Young Blood.
March 24th, 2007 at 09:14am
i hate when people bitch about mcr just for the fun of it.
and i hate it when they set up "anti-mcr" sites etc...

but what really annoys me is.....

when people have a go at mcr infront of me just because they think il get offended and retaliate [sp?]!!!

im not going to.
i seriously couldnt give a fuck if people dont like them.
I LOVE MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE- and dont care what other people think!
Quinn Allman
Salute You in Your Grave
Quinn Allman
March 24th, 2007 at 01:04pm
If people go around saying nasty things about MCR or any other bands people really adore, it's messed up. Atleast have them say "I don't like their music" or "It's just not for me". I know people who say nasty shit about them and it pisses me off because they know I adore MCR and they continue to be rude.

So no, I lose respect for people who act like that and say stupid shit. I don't go around criticizing other bands that other people like for no reason. If I did, I'd be a bigger hypocrite (sp?) then I thought I was.
xOurLadyOfSorrowsx
Killjoy
xOurLadyOfSorrowsx
March 24th, 2007 at 02:05pm
i honestly dont respect people who go out of there way to make fun of MCR lovers. i can understnd if u dont like them, but if you go out of your way to bash them how can i respect someone like that.
House of Llamas
Fabulous Killjoy
House of Llamas
March 24th, 2007 at 02:08pm
What bothers me is when people comment negatively on MCR's YouTube page or on an MCR video or site. If you don't like it, then why the hell did you even bother finding it and/or watching it? I can respect people who just don't like it and are at least nice-ish about it.
Adorkable.
Motor Baby
Adorkable.
March 24th, 2007 at 02:21pm
MassConvulsions:
What bothers me is when people comment negatively on MCR's YouTube page or on an MCR video or site. If you don't like it, then why the hell did you even bother finding it and/or watching it? I can respect people who just don't like it and are at least nice-ish about it.

EXACTLY WHAT I WAS THINKING!

dang people. don't watch if you hate 'em.
folkin' around.
Salute You in Your Grave
folkin' around.
March 24th, 2007 at 02:56pm
For the people who just don't like their music then, fine.
But for the people who make hate sites, call them emo faggots, anything
like that, well you aren't getting any respect from me.
It's childish and disrepectful to MCR.

MassConvulsions:

That's what I think too. Why waste your time
with useless comments? Just to piss people off? Grow up.
Synyster Lisa
Demolition Lover
Synyster Lisa
March 26th, 2007 at 01:13pm
I can respect haters only to a certain point...like here's maybe what I'd say to certain things....

"I don't care for MCR" ......Opinion noted, you don't like MCR, what do you like?

"MCR should die, they're emo losers who need to just go away and die." ........Okay that's wrong, you need help....get away from me, and don't talk to me ever again....

I honestly would never wish death upon anyone..... IE: Even as much as I hate Britney Spears...I would never wish death upon her, because it's just not right.......
XJulietLovestheBeatX
Thinking Happy Thoughts
XJulietLovestheBeatX
March 26th, 2007 at 01:22pm
Lets face it, people suck. But I dont think we should sttop to the level of the people who arent smart about their criticism and just come out with shit like "They're faggots" and shit. You should just completely ignore people like that because they probably wouldnt know good music if it danced in front of them naked wearing Dobby's tea cozy (I apologize for the blatent Harry Potter reference) However if they are intelligent enough to state theyre thoughts in a civil way, then I see no problem in respecting their thoughts and having an intellectual conversation on the matter. Hell, sometimes conversations like that can be fun and you never know maybe one of your opinions might be changed.
i_feel_high
Killjoy
i_feel_high
March 26th, 2007 at 02:29pm
i respect that they have an opinion, but obviously they dont respect that we do too. if they dont like MCR, thats fine, but they dont have to make hate sites and bull crap like that.
X_meese_X
Fabulous Killjoy
X_meese_X
March 26th, 2007 at 03:36pm
If they don't like My Chem, fine, whatever, don't buy the CD. I hate in when they won't stop bitching about them, though. But yeah, I try to respect them as much as I can, even when they give me all sorts of shit for liking them. If I don't like/hate them, it's usually because they don't have the decency to not like them, say so, and drop it. And, usually, when I go at them, it's because they're crappy people, as opposed to MCR haters.
Synyster Lisa
Demolition Lover
Synyster Lisa
March 26th, 2007 at 03:42pm
X_meese_X:
If they don't like My Chem, fine, whatever, don't buy the CD. I hate in when they won't stop bitching about them, though. But yeah, I try to respect them as much as I can, even when they give me all sorts of shit for liking them. If I don't like/hate them, it's usually because they don't have the decency to not like them, say so, and drop it. And, usually, when I go at them, it's because they're crappy people, as opposed to MCR haters.

I agree....I had this one guy try to make me not like them anymore...he told me hat MCR broke up.....I just rolled my eyes

I say that all the time...if you don't like them, don't waste your time.....
fifth period.
Bleeding on the Floor
fifth period.
March 26th, 2007 at 03:58pm
i_feel_high:
i respect that they have an opinion, but obviously they dont respect that we do too. if they dont like MCR, thats fine, but they dont have to make hate sites and bull crap like that.

I agree. All of my friends except for one dislike MCR and they are always telling me that they are so dumb and their music is horrible. I know that they can think what they want and have their own opinions, but I think they need to respect my opinion too.
Leo
Awake and Unafraid
Leo
April 8th, 2007 at 12:52am
i totally agree with the author of this topic...so many people out their hate what you love....the people that go such a long fucking way to piss me off thats when i lose my cool!!! people at my school, i can always hear them saying "ah mcr is the worst fucking band ever" i don't care about thats, thats there opinion, but when they just walk in my fucking face and say it thats when i also lose my cool!!! what im trying to say is that people shouldn't go such a long way to piss you off! Swoon
Nyx;zombified
Killjoy
Nyx;zombified
April 8th, 2007 at 10:09am
I'm pretty much like eveyone else on this thread.
I wouldn't care if I was the only one left in the world who loved MCR (impossible, but it's only an example). I do respect other people's opinions, as long as they are not shouted in my face or shoved down my throat. Yes, you have a right to express your opinion, but not in a way that is hurtful to other people.

I disagree with the statement "You should respect all people".
I personally believe you should deserve someone's respect, and work for it. I know people don't automatically get my respect. I especially dislike "You should respect your elders".
Just because they're older than you doesn't mean you respect them no matter who they are. They're normal people, and like everyone else, they should have to earn respect. I mean, do you respect the old woman who goes out of her way to make your life as inconvenient as possible? Or who is plainly rude for no reason really? No.
Leo
Awake and Unafraid
Leo
April 8th, 2007 at 01:47pm
Nyx;zombified:
I'm pretty much like eveyone else on this thread.
I wouldn't care if I was the only one left in the world who loved MCR (impossible, but it's only an example). I do respect other people's opinions, as long as they are not shouted in my face or shoved down my throat. Yes, you have a right to express your opinion, but not in a way that is hurtful to other people.

I disagree with the statement "You should respect all people".
I personally believe you should deserve someone's respect, and work for it. I know people don't automatically get my respect. I especially dislike "You should respect your elders".
Just because they're older than you doesn't mean you respect them no matter who they are. They're normal people, and like everyone else, they should have to earn respect. I mean, do you respect the old woman who goes out of her way to make your life as inconvenient as possible? Or who is plainly rude for no reason really? No.

I totally agree with every word you said man Thumb up
F'n'stein xo
Salute You in Your Grave
F'n'stein xo
April 8th, 2007 at 04:16pm
I wouldn't care either whether they like them or not. I would respect them but its disrespectful for them to have to tell me they suck or anything like that. I wouldn't go around capping on the bands that they like so why do it to me? I just kinda look the other way i'm not going to waste my time aguring over it. If they don't like my chemical romance, i'm not going to try to convince them to like them and i wouldn't want them to try to convince me that they suck....cuz i know they don't...lol. But i would get piss off if they do it purpose just cuz i'm wearing a shirt of my chemical romance. If they expect a reaction i'll give a reaction...lol j/k
Fish Camp
Jazz Hands
Fish Camp
April 9th, 2007 at 04:29am
we should. you have to, because if we don't they'll be a stereotype of "oh yeah, if you don't like mcr, all their fans get hella bitchy" its the one thing i hate about green day fans, 'cause when a girl logs on to like...gsb and says "i didn't know they had other albums!" she's drummed off the site. when a band mentions they don't like green day (or mcr) there's a weird feeling towards them. you kinda have to respect others musical tastes, we just know ours is more sophisticated. haha.
HU4L
Jazz Hands
HU4L
April 9th, 2007 at 02:50pm
We should respect the haters or they might hate us/them more if we hate them back, or they might stop being so annoying if we ignore them.
Lovesick Melody.
Bulletproof Heart
Lovesick Melody.
April 9th, 2007 at 05:16pm

^^ Bt maybe cos we arent fighting they think it isnt bothering us, but I see where your coming from.

EmaDoll
Fabulous Killjoy
EmaDoll
April 9th, 2007 at 05:20pm
We should respect them to an extent but once they start getting really bitchy about the band & your general style in clothes & music then we shouldnt stand for it