Don't have an account? Create one!

Should we respect other people if they dont respect us?

AuthorMessage
Blooregard Q. Kazoo
Motor Baby
Blooregard Q. Kazoo
August 26th, 2008 at 02:03am
I reckon we should respect them if they say they don't like MCR nicely; Eg: "Personally I don't like MCR." But what really annoys me is when people say stuff like, "MCR suck," "They should die," "They're emo," etc. etc. etc.
When they don't say it nicely, we shouldn't respect them.

Ohh Page Claim Very Happy. Ima naming it... SQUEE!
keep on living.
Shotgun Sinner
keep on living.
August 26th, 2008 at 02:24am
I think we should respect everyone, even if they don't respect you.
I mean, treating them like shit isn't going to make them treat you any better.
... and this applies to all aspects of life, not just My Chem, Fans vs. Haters.
temptation.
Shotgun Sinner
temptation.
August 26th, 2008 at 04:30am
My step-siblings hate MCR,because they're "suicidal and emo" and they diss me about that.Once,while we were travelling with our car,they were listening to the music I hate the most.I was listening to MCR very loudly from my MP3 player (I was gonna get deaf,though Mr. Green ) and they both started whining about that.I told them:"Why should I respect your musical tastes,when you don't respect mine?" and continued listening to music the same way.Their reactions were: Shocked Rolling Eyes Disgust .My dad had a long talk with me about that and I asked him the same question.He answered me that both sides aren't right.
I think that we should try to care less about MCR haters and don't pay them much attencion,because that aspires them to go on and on.
demolitionloversmway
Thinking Happy Thoughts
demolitionloversmway
August 26th, 2008 at 02:40pm
i dont agree with them but its called freedom of speech
but i do agree with u that hate websites r just wrong
STFUvanner_x
Killjoy
STFUvanner_x
August 26th, 2008 at 06:05pm
I respect their opinion, but they dont need to get harsh about it. i dont mind if they say "i dont like MCR" im fine with that. its just when they say "MCR are suicidal emo freaks (yes someone said that to me)" i hate that. they dont need to be all rude and cruel about it, it doesnt help at all.
Rexperience
Bleeding on the Floor
Rexperience
August 26th, 2008 at 10:56pm
I'd respect them no matter what (Golden Rule). But I'd pity anyone who puts up a wall between them and such a great band.

Thing is I've never actually run into any haters, except for a few crazies on the web. Its not that I don't respect the people who start hate sights, I just pay them no attention because all they want to do is screw around with you. ~ Rex
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
August 28th, 2008 at 10:54am
If the haters are random ignorant internet assholes, I tend to ignore them unless there is a really good reason for me to have to battle them (tends to be pretty one-sided though.) If they're press (i.e. the Daily Mail) then it's on. If they're people I don't know well, I just shrug at them and say "Your loss" but if it's someone close to me (very unlikely) there'll be some harsh words about putting down stuff that matters to me. Otherwise, I don't really care if you like my band or not. If you don't get it, you weren't meant to anyway, but if you're refusing to check them out just out of stubborness, you're an idiot.
The Rumor
Awake and Unafraid
The Rumor
August 28th, 2008 at 03:38pm
If we don't respect others, no one will respect us.
Someone has to be the bigger person. No one wins in hater fights.
teenagers.
Jazz Hands
teenagers.
August 29th, 2008 at 07:50am
The Rumor:
If we don't respect others, no one will respect us.
Someone has to be the bigger person. No one wins in hater fights.

i agree completely
annaaloves
Bleeding on the Floor
annaaloves
August 29th, 2008 at 01:04pm
i respect it if people don't like them, even if their reason to dislike them is 'cuz they're emoz' or something stupid like that and if they give me shit for it then i'll just laugh and walk off
MCR-crazy-94
Banned
MCR-crazy-94
August 30th, 2008 at 09:07pm
Hell no.
Personally,I don't feel the need to respect anybody,only my closest friends,MCR fans,MCR themselves (well ofxourse) and some other inspiring random people.
Fan4Life17
Killjoy
Fan4Life17
August 31st, 2008 at 12:20am
^ WOW Neutral

I know that not everyone is going to like something, but there is no reason to put up hate sites, and give stupid reasons of why they hate them (like, 'they're emo'). I'm seeing soo much of that lately, and honestly, I'm pissed off at them. Mad
Fan4Life17
Killjoy
Fan4Life17
August 31st, 2008 at 12:21am
^ WOW Neutral

I know that not everyone is going to like something, but there is no reason to put up hate sites, and give stupid reasons of why they hate them (like, 'they're emo') I'm seeing soo much of that lately, and honestly, I'm pissed off at them. Mad

Oops double post!
Helena of Sorrows
Fabulous Killjoy
Helena of Sorrows
September 1st, 2008 at 01:06am
should we respect other people if they don't respect us?
-for me it's a NO. i mean, respect is something to be earned. yes, we are entitled in our own opinions, but sometimes we went too far not knowing that we hurt other people. as I've said, respect is something to be earned and not be imposed. yes, i respect others people opinions but shouldn't they do the same to us? respect, to me, is give and take. You show me you deserve my respect, well then you'll have it. But, if you got no respect for me and my stuff, then you also deserve no respect from me.
Rexperience
Bleeding on the Floor
Rexperience
September 1st, 2008 at 08:29am
^That kind of attitude is gonna get you no where in the world. Assuming that haters don't care if you deserve their respect, or that they hold similar ideas with you about respect, then you're both gonna be stuck in an anti-respect vortex where nobody is happy.

I get what people are saying, hate sites do go to far, but I wouldn't say that gives you the right to disrespect them. Such negative thoughts are exactly what they want you to feel, so don't play along.

In the few instences I've come across Hate Sites instead of feeling contempt, pity is what I feel for the creators. I mean such a person must be really afraid in the world, have way to much time and not know what to do with themselves except to create disharmony. Jez, that kind of life has got to suck.
Green Faerie
Salute You in Your Grave
Green Faerie
September 1st, 2008 at 09:19am
Hmmm... I think respect is quite an extreme word. It takes a lot for me to respect someone, they do earn it. But it takes even more, a hell of alot of problems before I would ever disrespect anyone.

People who make hate sites are rather idiotic and close minded towards what they are hating. But as people have said, they are entitled to their opinion. I just don't think they are entitled to thrust their opinion on anyone else or to harrass anyone that does appreciate what they are hating. Not that hate sites have to do that.

I think that people who bitch and moan about MCR are being prejudice, because anyone who listens to the band with unbiased ears, or reads an interview, or listens to a kick arse guitar solo, couldn't help but love them. Mr. Green
valiumobsequy
Awake and Unafraid
valiumobsequy
September 1st, 2008 at 01:58pm
if they diss our band we can do it right back what gos around around! watch, the preps would freakin' cry if we ever dissed THIER crap.
Little Miss Mental
Bleeding on the Floor
Little Miss Mental
September 1st, 2008 at 02:43pm
I think we should respect people b/c it's the right thing to do, and if they spout MCR emo bull, and we go around saying another band sucks, blah blah blah, then we've gone to their level. But if they won't respect a band someone else likes, then they don't deserve our respect. It all depends on how you look at it. I try not to get too upset at people for saying their thoughts, but I won't let it stand if they say something over the edge.....yeah.
FrankiieIero
Jazz Hands
FrankiieIero
September 1st, 2008 at 03:12pm
What I'm thinking is that if people strongly hate MCR they shouldn't like make a hate site. I mean come on are they what? trying to piss off MCR fans or something? They can voice out their thoughts nicely they don't have to be incredibly mean. People who make hate sites, rude/disgusting comments are REALLY selfish because there are people that truly love MCR and their not thinking about what it would be like to be them, being on the computer and seeing pictures of MCR getting made fun of and stuff like that!

My teacher has always told my class: "You don't have to like everyone you meet, you really don't. But that doesn't mean you should be rude to them. All you have to do is ignore them and move on"

And I think that's what we should do.
methane skies.
Salute You in Your Grave
methane skies.
September 2nd, 2008 at 05:40am
I personally think that any haters, not just MCR ones shouldn't dedicate their life hating something. What's the point? You only have one life, why waste it on something you don't like, if you have the time to make stupid websites and write comments about someone/thing then you must really not like anything. Why don't people just spend time liking something than hating and being against something.

I never join any hating clubs or websites, I just think it's a waste of time hating someone. I mean if you don't like them then don't listen to them, just pretend they are not there. If you hate them so much why would you make a site dedicated to them(even if it's about hating them).

I appreciate the fact that not everyone likes MCR, it's their own opinion. But you can not like them, you don't have to HATE them. My boyfriend can't stand them but he's fine with me listening and obsessing over them.

People should just take a step back, and find something they are into and appreciate that, rather than hating something. If you think about it you're really spending more time on the thing you hate than the things you like.