Don't have an account? Create one!

Should we respect other people if they dont respect us?

AuthorMessage
Morning Stars.
Salute You in Your Grave
Morning Stars.
April 30th, 2007 at 07:08am
the other day i used one of gerard's quotes as a comeback to a metalhead trying to 'school' me on what music i 'should be listening to instead of emo crap'
Metalhead: MCR is gay! listen to children of bodom!
Me: It's okay, we can disagree - but FUCK YOU!
Cry On Demand
Salute You in Your Grave
Cry On Demand
April 30th, 2007 at 07:12am
I say: respect them.
Who cares if they don´t like MCR?
At least the boys made a big enough of impression for some people to hate them.
alexander skarsgard.
In The Murder Scene
alexander skarsgard.
April 30th, 2007 at 08:19pm
You know, you can have your own opinion but no one needs to be disrespectful. You can state your opinion in a way that's a lot more nicer then "fucking emo fags!!!. whoever likes them is also an emo fag. go cut yourself and die!". I don't like a lot of bands music and if someone asks me if I like them, I say "well, they're not my cup of tea". I honestly think that a lot of people bash MCR because a lot of others do. They feel as if they have to be cool with the, umm "pwners" (which I think is absolutely ignorant). I think that the people that do bash them, probably really like MCR. Anyway. Whatever they say about MCR, I am not going to act offended. I'm just going to ignore it. We should be better then those idiots. We shouldn't bash the bands they like, nor bash them because they say shit about MCR. I've always said this "If you're offended, you're ashamed". I am not ashamed of liking MCR, therefor not offended. I do get upset when people say things, but think of it this way, there is a 99% chance they have not seen Life on the Murder Scene. They don't know them like we do, and never will. We should be proud we are apart of this army Smile.

Also, what I really dislike, is when people bash the band personally and not just their music. If you don't like their music, fine, but there is no reason to hate THEM. I don't like Hilary Duff's music, but I think she seem's like a very sweet person.
pumpkinpiemuthafucka
Bleeding on the Floor
pumpkinpiemuthafucka
May 1st, 2007 at 02:13pm
If people disrespect you for whatever their reason,then they don`t really deserve your respect back-you don`t have to lower yourself to their standards by being rude,but you can put them down with a good one liner!
I usually find their lack of intellegence shows,because they don`t know how to answer your put down.....and if they do its usually Fuck you,or something like that....Is that the best you can do????
Easy Mac
In The Murder Scene
Easy Mac
May 1st, 2007 at 06:30pm
Some of my friends don't really like them but I still like to talk to them.
x..touching_hands..x
Really Not Okay
x..touching_hands..x
May 1st, 2007 at 06:43pm
There's disliking, and there's disrespecting...obviously I don't expect everyone in the world to love MCR, but neither do I expect to get chased down the street for wearing an MCR t-shirt (I'm 21 for goodness sakes!), and that has happened!
Someone tried to tell me that MCR were rubbish the other day, and I stopped him and said "if I sat you down for half an hour, and told you how brilliant they were, and listed all the many reasons I have to love this band, would it change your opinion of them? Would it make you a fan?", and he said no. "Well then", I said, "why do you think what you are trying to do will change mine?" and he actually listened, and agreed that after all, what I choose to listen to is up to me. But if someone disses them, clearly not having a clue what they're on about and flaunting their ignorance for all to see, I will not hesitate to unleash the fury on them! Very Happy
rockonbaby
Thinking Happy Thoughts
rockonbaby
May 1st, 2007 at 09:09pm
x..touching_hands..x:
There's disliking, and there's disrespecting...obviously I don't expect everyone in the world to love MCR, but neither do I expect to get chased down the street for wearing an MCR t-shirt (I'm 21 for goodness sakes!), and that has happened!
Someone tried to tell me that MCR were rubbish the other day, and I stopped him and said "if I sat you down for half an hour, and told you how brilliant they were, and listed all the many reasons I have to love this band, would it change your opinion of them? Would it make you a fan?", and he said no. "Well then", I said, "why do you think what you are trying to do will change mine?" and he actually listened, and agreed that after all, what I choose to listen to is up to me. But if someone disses them, clearly not having a clue what they're on about and flaunting their ignorance for all to see, I will not hesitate to unleash the fury on them! Very Happy

lmfao
It's funny how some random person was dissing your favorite band, but in the end, you both agreed that you each will listen to what you please.

pumpkinpiemuthafucka:
If people disrespect you for whatever their reason,then they don`t really deserve your respect back-you don`t have to lower yourself to their standards by being rude,but you can put them down with a good one liner!
I usually find their lack of intellegence shows,because they don`t know how to answer your put down.....and if they do its usually Fuck you,or something like that....Is that the best you can do????

If I don't ignore them, I also usually use a "put down".
It bothers me when many MCR fans always yell insults back at them, like that'll do anything. "GO FUCK YOURSELF!", "you suck, fuck you", "you're so retarded", and other curses like that just don't do sht. Either ignore them or make them look ignorant -- which they are -- by being the rational one who calmly expresses your opinions. Geez.
Demonic.
Motor Baby
Demonic.
May 1st, 2007 at 09:36pm
I refuse to respect anyone who won't respect me.
mercy in the sky.
Shotgun Sinner
mercy in the sky.
May 2nd, 2007 at 12:44am
Blood_Sold_Here:
I refuse to respect anyone who won't respect me.

The same with me aswell. The thing is, I really don't care at all if
someone doesn't like their music. I don't even care if they can't stand it. It's
only music and everyone has different tastes. What I really hate is the fact
that people feel the need to tell the world how bad it is, and spread around
hate blogs, sites, and just ridicule fans. Pathetic. When I dislike a band, I don't
parade around the internet or anywhere else telling the world how much I think
they suck. It disgusts me.

People need to show some respect whether they like a band or not. You don't
know them personally. You don't enjoy their music. So do your own thing and
back off, and let people love what they love. If anyone treats me with disrespect
for expressing my liking for a band, than they don't deserve any better from me.
Period.
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
May 2nd, 2007 at 11:15am
It's all based upon ignorance and insecurity (the need to put other people down, that is.) Ignore it and it'll eventually go away.
crooked smile.
Shotgun Sinner
crooked smile.
May 2nd, 2007 at 03:51pm
Izzie:
I say: respect them.
Who cares if they don´t like MCR?
At least the boys made a big enough of impression for some people to hate them.
EdwardCullenIsLove
Fabulous Killjoy
EdwardCullenIsLove
May 28th, 2007 at 02:16pm
No.
If they can't respect us why should we try to respect them?
I don't mean we should punch anyone who doesn't respect us, but why try being nice to people who aren't gonna return it?
the narrator.
Salute You in Your Grave
the narrator.
May 28th, 2007 at 02:25pm
Im all honesty they dont get much respect anyway.
I listen to it all the time.
What they dont know is they make themselves look like idiots doing so.
They dont prove anything to anyone else escept the fact that they are insecure.
To them sites like this are the foolish ones.
While their hate sites look foolish to us.
Its all a part of todays society.
lyrical_mess
Joining The Black Parade
lyrical_mess
May 28th, 2007 at 02:27pm
I wouldn't necesarily respect them, like be overly polite or anything, but I don't like to insult them back. Usually, I just reply with a "You don't have to like them but I like them very much. Back off." type response or ignore them.

Just because people are rude to us, it doesn't mean we have to stoop to their level. We can show them that MCR fans are worth something by setting an example and not being rude back.
lyrical_mess
Joining The Black Parade
lyrical_mess
May 28th, 2007 at 02:28pm
I wouldn't necesarily respect them, like be overly polite or anything, but I don't like to insult them back. Usually, I just reply with a "You don't have to like them but I like them very much. Back off." type response or ignore them.

Just because people are rude to us, it doesn't mean we have to stoop to their level. We can show them that MCR fans are worth something by setting an example and not being rude back.
dirty love.
In The Murder Scene
dirty love.
May 28th, 2007 at 03:06pm
I think that everyone is entitled to their own opinion and I'm all for freedom of speech. So I do respect other people. Even if they aren't into the same stuff as me.
And as for the hate-sites and stuff, I don't really think it's right, but agin it's freedom of speech and freedom of opinion. And if saying how much they hate MCR and stating that on websites is the best thing that people can do with their time, let them. We don't need to listen to or pay any attention to them.
None of this means I don't respect people who choose to make hate-sites and stuff. and I completely respect people who just don't like MCR. they are not 'wrong' just because they don't like the same things as you. [though some of them should get a life!] Anyway, I think my rant is over now!! all I'm trying to say is -- respect everyone, even if you don't agree with some of the things they do.
[I really am done this time!]
dirty love.
In The Murder Scene
dirty love.
May 28th, 2007 at 03:08pm
I'm not sure if any of my last post made sense! LOLbut oh well =] you get the jist!
dirty love.
In The Murder Scene
dirty love.
May 28th, 2007 at 03:10pm
lyrical_mess:

i agree with this!! it would have been a much better way of saying what i put! =]
Nick Jonas.
Bleeding on the Floor
Nick Jonas.
May 28th, 2007 at 03:58pm
FranksLittleVampire:
lyrical_mess:

i agree with this!! it would have been a much better way of saying what i put! =]

I totally agree with you both there :]]
xXDitaVonSantiXx
Joining The Black Parade
xXDitaVonSantiXx
June 2nd, 2007 at 06:04pm
I say we go and rip their throats open and watch them bleed to death...LOL!!!!
no just ignore them if they hate MCR they can F**k off thier missing out on a kickass band thier loss..no need to even make a big deal their all JERKS..LOL!!