Don't have an account? Create one!

Most OVERRATED MCR song?

AuthorMessage
Jenny.
Jenny.
December 13th, 2007 at 02:53pm
WTTBP, 'cause everyone listens to it and judges them on it seeing as it's played constantly on radio stations
FLW ditto
INO ditto
Beth.
Devil's Got Your Number
Beth.
December 13th, 2007 at 03:29pm
WTTBP even though I love it loads
lazarus
Killjoy
lazarus
December 13th, 2007 at 04:34pm
if anything i think wttbp is underrated as a piece of music

i vote for i'm not okay
alex suarez.
Fabulous Killjoy
alex suarez.
December 13th, 2007 at 05:05pm
X_meese_X:
Welcome to the Black Parade is what we all have to thank for the new wave of nine-year-old fans. Who don't give a damn about My Chemical Romane or anything having to do with them, that listen to the music and not the lyrics, and only care about the music because of the band memebers they find attractive. It's because it's not as serious as previous ones. And now everyone thinks that the band is the best thing since music itself, because of one deep, yet lighthearted song.

Haha, I like Helena, I hate it when they play it on the radio and such. I'm so protective over My Chem, honestly, I think they have no right to play such a personal song unless everyone listening has experienced that sort of pain.

So right!! I was going to say something like this! But Welcome to the black parade is a good song, even though it attracts nine year olds.
Emmii_MCR
Killjoy
Emmii_MCR
December 13th, 2007 at 06:34pm
Teenagers
Because it's played constantly on the radion
Oh and Mama aswell.
Pick On Bobsleigh
Fabulous Killjoy
Pick On Bobsleigh
December 14th, 2007 at 12:43am
I disagree...even though WTTBP might be severely overplayed on the radio and everyone including non-MCR fans know it, that does not make it overrated. Yes, it might be more mainstream than the rest, but it is still worthy of all the attention, because it is powerful and important. The whole concept of The Black Parade was born from this song, and in my opinion it is one of the best songs on their album. "Do or die, you'll never make me. Because the world will never take my heart." If you payed close attention to the lyrics, especially in that whole verse, you would find that the song is very inspiring and uplifting. Thus it fully lives up to all the hype about it. (Although I agree that most non-MCR fans do not really listen to the lyrics.) Ditto Famous Last Words and Helena. They are all beautiful, and no song DESERVES more attention than another.
MCRxFamousLivingDead
Killjoy
MCRxFamousLivingDead
February 29th, 2008 at 11:12pm
Teenagers is EXTREMELY over rated
idk. my bff jill?
Demolition Lover
idk. my bff jill?
February 29th, 2008 at 11:20pm
Welcome To The Black Parade & Teenagers & INO.
sherlock!
Crash Queen
sherlock!
March 1st, 2008 at 02:51am
Welcome to the Black Parade (although people only know the chorus, mostly), and Teenagers.
Switchblade Saint
Salute You in Your Grave
Switchblade Saint
March 1st, 2008 at 03:20am
Having a Simon Cowell moment:

I have to say, i disagree with almost everything said on this thread. Call me a bitch, but I don't think any of these songs mentioned - WTTBP, INO, Helena, etc - are 'typical pop' & they certainly do NoT lose their meaning just bcoz they're overplayed. The meaning will always be there, the significance of the lyrics and the experiences & the story behind it will remain whether it is over or underplayed. True, it's sad that a lot of listeners probly don't appreciate these songs for what they are. But we cant help that.

If u mean 'overrated' as in "much liked even though there are better mychem songs which r not being played", then i'd hv to ask what ur definition of 'better' is. Teenies liking a song does not make that song teeny, any more than a goth chick having some preppy friends make her a prep too.

Simon-bitch moment over.
looserkid._.p
Joining The Black Parade
looserkid._.p
March 2nd, 2008 at 01:21am
WTTBP lost interest of it due to repitition on mtv..
asterina
Really Not Okay
asterina
March 2nd, 2008 at 01:26am
Collision Kiss:

I have to say, i disagree with almost everything said on this thread. Call me a bitch, but I don't think any of these songs mentioned - WTTBP, INO, Helena, etc - are 'typical pop' & they certainly do NoT lose their meaning just bcoz they're overplayed. The meaning will always be there, the significance of the lyrics and the experiences & the story behind it will remain whether it is over or underplayed. True, it's sad that a lot of listeners probly don't appreciate these songs for what they are. But we cant help that.

If u mean 'overrated' as in "much liked even though there are better mychem songs which r not being played", then i'd hv to ask what ur definition of 'better' is. Teenies liking a song does not make that song teeny, any more than a goth chick having some preppy friends make her a prep too.

Simon-bitch moment over.

wow you sounds just like Simon Cowell

then I'll be Paula Abdul XD

Don't be a Bitch Simon!! I think all their song are great.......I believe this band already do their best in making the songs... i can feel the emotion of each song, they created all with their pure hearts
VampireCupcake
Bleeding on the Floor
VampireCupcake
March 2nd, 2008 at 02:57am
The Black Parade.

Helena, though I love it dearly.
meganelizabeth
Thinking Happy Thoughts
meganelizabeth
March 2nd, 2008 at 03:16am
Collision Kiss:

Simon-bitch moment over.

i agree with all of this, especially the part saying that wttbp, ino and helena are NOT "typical pop" songs.
sure they're more pop than some [maybe most] of my chem songs,
but no way are they "typical pop".
typical pop, to me, is songs like... rihanna, britney spears, the veronicas, christina aguilera, etc.

my chem are nothing like any of them.
theres the obvious difference.. the messages and themes in the songs.
how many pop songs are about death, loneliness, depression, and being able to make it through those things?
then there's the fact that they actually write their own songs,
they always play their own instruments,
so also, they actually truly MEAN what they play.
unlike a lot of the pop "artists" of today.

please noone ever refer to my chem as "typical pop".
:]

i also agree with what you said about how just becuase their played alot, the songs do not lose their meaning.
amen to that :]

personally i think this thread is a bit silly..
i dont believe any of their song are "overrated".
savannah's gone.
Bleeding on the Floor
savannah's gone.
March 2nd, 2008 at 10:43am
teenagers

even the geeks at my school are word perfect
Toki
Really Not Okay
Toki
March 2nd, 2008 at 11:06am
Collision Kiss:

Simon-bitch moment over.

Well saidYes

WTTBP is definitely not overrated. It annoys me endlessly when people say it is. It's an epic song.
If the people dismissing it would actually pay any attention to the lyrics and the way it has been constructed instead of going on about how "mainstream" it's making the band, they would realise it's a masterpiece.
So it deserves every single bit of praise and radio play that it got.

No My Chem song is overrated.
blue.and.yellow.
Fabulous Killjoy
blue.and.yellow.
March 2nd, 2008 at 02:27pm
TEENAGERS. I still love it and all, but right now it's gotten old and unattatched to MCR cause everyone listens to it. It's on MTV and shit so it's kind of lost its MCR-ness. Really, I do love it, especially the instrumentals during the bridge. But it's the #1 most bought MCR song on iTunes, and I dunno, it kind of bugs me cause it was the 3rd mcr song I ever heard, like months before it became a single. I dunno.
Woodstock '69
Jazz Hands
Woodstock '69
March 2nd, 2008 at 08:16pm
INTERLUDE that song I just can't stand I love them but bob needs to stay away from Gerards notebook
Noxmorexlies
Jazz Hands
Noxmorexlies
March 2nd, 2008 at 10:50pm
^^; Really? Wow I love that song I think it's amazing the tone of voice Gerard uses, the way he makes the few lyrics so beautiful .. everything about that song screams beauty to me.
Ahead of the Curve
Always Born a Crime
Ahead of the Curve
May 12th, 2008 at 12:01pm
looserkid._.p:
WTTBP lost interest of it due to repitition on mtv..

i hate to say it but i really don't like watching it anymore