Don't have an account? Create one!

Violence against kids in subcultures

AuthorMessage
Go fuck yourself
Devil's Got Your Number
Go fuck yourself
June 7th, 2007 at 12:27am
its true, alot of people say they are so unique yet the look like everyone else, listen to the same music, ect. we all do it, the times when we try to fit in or whatever
Go fuck yourself
Devil's Got Your Number
Go fuck yourself
June 25th, 2007 at 04:50pm
the media is nowing saying how dangerous emo is, if the real definition of emo is just an indivual who obesses over music and occasionly gets depressed but the depression doesn't last more then 2 or 3 days, why do so many ingrain things that don't have to be there. cutting for instance if you see a cut mark on someone why are they then just labeled emo but not helped, like in peer counseling or something?
TwilightVampire
Killjoy
TwilightVampire
June 26th, 2007 at 09:35pm
savedbymcr_2004:
the media is nowing saying how dangerous emo is, if the real definition of emo is just an indivual who obesses over music and occasionly gets depressed but the depression doesn't last more then 2 or 3 days, why do so many ingrain things that don't have to be there. cutting for instance if you see a cut mark on someone why are they then just labeled emo but not helped, like in peer counseling or something?

what people fail to realise is that 'emo' is a type of music but, all they know now is emo is cutting which it's not
Cigarettes And Suicide
Bleeding on the Floor
Cigarettes And Suicide
June 26th, 2007 at 09:51pm
Cigarettes And Suicide:
Anyway, this totally isn't the place for a discussion on what emo is or isn't.
Read the first few posts and let's get back on topic, please.

Emo this, emo that. Nobody cares.
Back on topic, please, or don't bother. This is not a discussion on emos. It's discussion on why kids attack their peers, regardless of what subculture they belong to. It seems playgrounds these days are the nerds vs the jocks vs the emos vs the cheerleaders vs the skegs vs the outcasts.
Go fuck yourself
Devil's Got Your Number
Go fuck yourself
June 27th, 2007 at 12:57am
^sorry, i think that there is violence agianst these kids as there are prejudces and racism ect. poeple can't or don't want to accept what's different from them, and they usually have an idea that they have to rid of it, or else something grave could happen. take the holocast, people blamed the jews for all of lifes problems and cause of that like 7 million people died, same idea i guess
Cigarettes And Suicide
Bleeding on the Floor
Cigarettes And Suicide
June 27th, 2007 at 01:46am
^ Yes, there is a lot of violence directed towards 'emo' kids these days. But this is nothing new - before 'emos' it was goths being targeted, and before that, it was outcasts, nerds/geeks, etc etc.
That's why I said I don't want to hear about what emo is or isn't. I want to know why we pick on kids who are different, whether it be based on their race, their sexuality, the way they dress, etc etc.
Why do people attack others based on a stereotype?
Go fuck yourself
Devil's Got Your Number
Go fuck yourself
June 27th, 2007 at 04:17pm
^maybe it's like a social thing, people think if they don't seem "ontop" or something then they too will be rejected. so to make themselves seem cooler or whatever they pick on the easy targets, they ones that probably won't fight back or something. and because one kid does it, others look at it and think it's acceptable and do it to. i'm living proof of this, kids would just leave me alone, ut then one day some kid started to call me names and stuff, then others start to do it too. to show toughess or something i guess
Simple and Clean
Salute You in Your Grave
Simple and Clean
June 27th, 2007 at 04:51pm
I think, the main reason it happens, is that they do it once, for laughs, and because all their friends laugh, they do it again and again. Because it's what they think other people want to see them do.

Also, from experience, they think it doesn't bother the person at all if they throw slurrs of hatred at them. I guess it's because the 'bully' see's them as correct, therefore they must be.
broken.
Jazz Hands
broken.
June 27th, 2007 at 08:44pm

Honeslty, there's always one group that's always attacked. As someone mentioned earlier, the goths. When most of us were in like the second/third grade, the goth movement was still going strong; as was the hating.

Any subculture can have as many followers, and there will still be atleast one more hater.

And kids probably do it, because they haven't been hated on yet.

Like myself, I hung with "the emos" in jr. high. I don't go after people now, no matter how messed they are. And even if they fit the stereotyped mold, I still won't say anything because it is way diferrent if you know what that feels like.

Go fuck yourself
Devil's Got Your Number
Go fuck yourself
June 28th, 2007 at 01:29am
i just had a thought, maybe some of the haters hate emos, cause maybe at home or whatever is totally screwed up, but they at least pretend that everythings ok, but hate it when they see "emo" kids upset, the haters think it's probalbley for no reason, or not a very good one. i don't know, but i agree with broken, they'll always be a hater no matter what the subcultre is.
Bambi
Killjoy
Bambi
June 29th, 2007 at 04:10am
first of all, its just normal that people are building „cliques“, of course u hang out with others who share the same interests like u, cuz u can talk with them about the stuff ur interested in and they’re gonna understand and accept you, more or less^^
so, building cliques isnt a bad thing, u just group up with people u feel comfortable around..

but why do teens bash other teens? why are skinheads bashing black peoples? why are wannabe gangsters bashing all kind of other people? i think its simple: because they have small penises… (figuratively)
they have a huge lack of self-confidence, they are nobody and nobody cares about em, usually they havent got anything to be proud of. so for just a moment, they wanna dominate someone, they wanna be someone and have the control and for that, they bash others, to feel „strong“ and „important“ and „mighty“ and all these crap…
or, if this isnt the case, its the will to please: they wanna show their own clique that they’re „tough“, so they go and bash someone…the clique is laughing at this and awards it with respect and like pavlovs dogs, they’re gonna do it again and again…
and why bashing kids like emos? cuz its easy, they’re not gonna defend them self, they are physical weak so u don’t have to fear to be beaten up, u can easy recognize them…

i think the tragedy behind this whole thing is, that u can recognize that its a habitual human behavior to oppress other people so u can feel mighty and good…
writerGrrl
Salute You in Your Grave
writerGrrl
June 29th, 2007 at 07:47pm
I think it's easy for other groups to oppress emos because that group doesn't recieve much administrative or parental support. Most adults think whatever problems emos have are brought on by themselves and if they only stop what they do and start conforming and being happy it will all be over. Most people who pick on emos probably also pick on other groups like nerds only to find that they get in big trouble because nerds are more likely to get help and protection if they're picked on. I think if adults were more tolerant of emos they would be more likely to hear them out and help them out if hate groups were basing them.
Decapitated Dream
Joining The Black Parade
Decapitated Dream
June 29th, 2007 at 10:14pm
personally i think it may be because something new is intimidateing and the person who is on top dosent want to be shadowed by the new tred or fad or whatever so by taunting them and bulling them they are eliminating the threat.

in my school the reason i think everybody is at each others throats is beacuse everybody thinks they're better then the next person, nobody can ever be equal, so theres always that fight to stay on top.
i hope that made sense.
Go fuck yourself
Devil's Got Your Number
Go fuck yourself
June 30th, 2007 at 02:36am
writerGrrl:
I think it's easy for other groups to oppress emos because that group doesn't recieve much administrative or parental support. Most adults think whatever problems emos have are brought on by themselves and if they only stop what they do and start conforming and being happy it will all be over. Most people who pick on emos probably also pick on other groups like nerds only to find that they get in big trouble because nerds are more likely to get help and protection if they're picked on. I think if adults were more tolerant of emos they would be more likely to hear them out and help them out if hate groups were basing them.
most adults don't know emo, everyone thinks i'm goth, i'm not really but i get alot of shit from elder people from wearing all black and stuff. but i agree, emos are less likely to get help, when i got picked on i just took it, then later got mad at myself and because i blamed myself for being so different or whatever, i'd cut. that's just how it was and is for alot of people.
broken.
Jazz Hands
broken.
July 3rd, 2007 at 04:56pm

Honestly, all parents have no clue about whats with their kids. CLUELESS.
Go fuck yourself
Devil's Got Your Number
Go fuck yourself
July 3rd, 2007 at 07:54pm
^ treu, they might know if we told them but i don't really tlk to mine, they just know i'm into creepy stuff
UndyingSoul.
Really Not Okay
UndyingSoul.
July 3rd, 2007 at 08:07pm
^^ Ive tried it explaining it to my parents many times, they still dont get it. I've come to the resolution that their generation is hopeless.
broken.
Jazz Hands
broken.
July 5th, 2007 at 07:06pm
^^^

I would NEVER try to explain what emo is to my parents.
I hang out with the punks/headbangers and you know how "emo" kinda goes hand-in-hand with punk? Well then they'd be like "NO! WE ARE TAKING YOU TO GET BLONDE HIGHLIGHTS AND A MEMEBERSHIP TO HOLLISTER AND ABERCROMBIE&FITCH! LET'S GO!"
o.o
Go fuck yourself
Devil's Got Your Number
Go fuck yourself
July 6th, 2007 at 03:05am
^ my mom thinks emo is like a kiddy goth that likes punk, she laughs if she hears that emos cut themselves or whatever. i got her to believe emo is just a kid who likes music and occasionally gets depressed so shes okay with it
Go fuck yourself
Devil's Got Your Number
Go fuck yourself
July 6th, 2007 at 03:05am
^ my mom thinks emo is like a kiddy goth that likes punk, she laughs if she hears that emos cut themselves or whatever. i got her to believe emo is just a kid who likes music and occasionally gets depressed so shes okay with it