AuthorMessage
Fezzik
Salute You in Your Grave
Fezzik
August 14th, 2007 at 05:15pm
Cigarettes And Suicide:
Cigarettes And Suicide:
Cigarettes And Suicide:
Anyway, this totally isn't the place for a discussion on what emo is or isn't.
Read the first few posts and let's get back on topic, please.

Emo this, emo that. Nobody cares.
Back on topic, please, or don't bother. This is not a discussion on emos. It's discussion on why kids attack their peers, regardless of what subculture they belong to.
BethanyBRUTAL
Thinking Happy Thoughts
BethanyBRUTAL
August 14th, 2007 at 05:31pm
'chavs' '[[although its not just them]] spray paint and Beat Some kids who are vunerable up for the heck of it or to act tough
i've seen wat they put up on youtube
its Shit that sum1 would that! just to embarass or impress some kid(s) !!and it was mentioned on the radio that they may have to shut down youtube for this Sort of behaviour [[though it wont be a problem for youtube as Mr.Youtube dude is Also Mr.Google dude...]] Although Its unfair to Stereo Type and i totally Agree With it being shit and crap and etc its the people who are labbeled chavs who ive seen doing this... Its unfair.
and no affense to Asbo's But it aint Working ! some boi at my skwl was actully showing off bout how he got one [[Probably lieing..]] and he labels himselve a ''chav'' and others different affensive labels
WE'RE NOT FUCKING SOUP CANS!
Mr.Armstrong
Awake and Unafraid
Mr.Armstrong
August 15th, 2007 at 12:53am
about the whole clothes thing.
sometimes what you wear can actually express who or what kind of person you are.not intirely but in a certain way yes it can
example**
you go to the mall and go into a store where you see the perfect outfit you want.its a bright dress with same color shoes and accessories.the next day you go to school wearing that outfit people start calling you a prep because of the outfit.why did you buy it? because you like the style,color,outfit etc etc.
if you dont understand that here is another example.
You go for a job interview you come in wearing baggy pants and a huge t-shirt a bunch of jewlery(your a guy) after the interview you find out you dont get the job.you wonder why,you think twice maybe it was your apperance.

Yeah it comes off a little harsh as how a person doesnt know you and judges you but your apperance gives off alot about you aswell.
thats one of the reasons why idiots go off in the street hunting for emos wearing a certain type of apperal thats how they know your emo goth etc.

i personally hate self labeling because of this......
A) A person looks at you like your not human
B) Its wrong because your saying your something your not
C) because you think your diffrent entirely then others cause you lable yourself emo goth punk gangster getto etc

once again if a group really hates another group for a certain action what the hell is fighting gonna do its not gonna make many of these self lablers stop.its only gonna hurt them inside and out.
electro
Salute You in Your Grave
electro
August 15th, 2007 at 01:16pm
Bascally,violence is quite pointless.Enough said.
the.reaper.wore.pink
Motor Baby
the.reaper.wore.pink
August 16th, 2007 at 08:57am
i think its about a darwinian mentality. It is a kind of mentality which upholds the survival of the fittest. Strong people prey on the weak kind, eliminating them. Strong people believe that weak people are worthless and must not mingle with the society for fear of "contaminating" the superior human livestock. Just like the theory of evolution. Only strong species survive, the weak ones turn extinct.
Cloud Strife.
Banned
Cloud Strife.
August 17th, 2007 at 05:57am
That's really not right.
Cloud Strife.
Banned
Cloud Strife.
August 17th, 2007 at 05:59am
Violence against kids in subcultures is like racism. It's really not right to do it. It's emotionally harmful, IMHO.
Go fuck yourself
Devil's Got Your Number
Go fuck yourself
August 17th, 2007 at 06:45am
the.reaper.wore.pink:
i think its about a darwinian mentality. It is a kind of mentality which upholds the survival of the fittest. Strong people prey on the weak kind, eliminating them. Strong people believe that weak people are worthless and must not mingle with the society for fear of "contaminating" the superior human livestock. Just like the theory of evolution. Only strong species survive, the weak ones turn extinct.

that is a thought, but i know people who act weak or (sorry) "pussy" to be called "emo"
dom howard.
Banned
dom howard.
August 24th, 2007 at 08:18pm
My mum just showed me this this. It's not just kids get the aggro. It's quite disturbing to think this'd happen to adults.
Lustful Oblivion
Killjoy
Lustful Oblivion
August 25th, 2007 at 05:30am
At my school we have none of them cliches really. We do have a lot of fights/bashings sometimes though. But it mostly to do with some either issues such as - stealing someones boyfriend/girlfriend, someone slandering another person. Or the racial fights. It's just sad and sick when you do see some of them. And it's bad for all of us because it gives us (the school and everyone in the school) at bad name for it.

Like my school is a public state school and we already get shit about how we are all to poor and that we steal and stuff.
And when people fight heaps we get the rep of a heap of no hopers and people from the community and other school get scared to like be associated with people from my school because of the fear of getting into a fight just cause their from a different school. It's just annoying but I am happy to say we don't really stereotype at my school and we do accept everyone no matter really what they wear of how they talk but we still have the racial fights, it's not a huge things.. and every ones got that everywhere and I believe it's going to take years for those racially fueled fights to stop. But they are thank god!
Lounge Fly
Bleeding on the Floor
Lounge Fly
August 27th, 2007 at 12:23pm
At my school, if you are any different in a way that pisses people off, you're dead.

I already get enough shit for my race and skin, so I try to avoid looking too emo. However, the few people who know my music tastes and that I have cut myself in the past give me shit for it all the time.
Lounge Fly
Bleeding on the Floor
Lounge Fly
August 27th, 2007 at 12:26pm
I think Gerard actually got it best with Teenagers.

"Teenagers scare the living shit out of me/ They could care less as long as someone'll bleed"
Thug Life.
Bleeding on the Floor
Thug Life.
May 21st, 2008 at 11:09am

Getting the crap beat out of you just becaus you dress different does not eqaute to being on par with racism no way. I think the whole subculture thing is taken way to seriously and that inpart fuels the whole issue.

I persoanlly think its rediculous to compare violence against kids in subcultures to racism and this is why i think so, if a person of another subculture is being attacked in the street its probably because of the way he or shee chooses to present himself hence he has chosen to present himself that and has had control over it , if i was being attacked on the street because i am Asian im being attacked for something that i cannot possibly control , im the way i am at birth all the way to the day i die, people who are in subcultures usually phase themselves out of that subculture by the time they hit adulthood and so its a Temoorary thing to be discriminated against as oppose to racism where throughout my lifetime im sure that ill come across it over and over again.

IceHog69
Bulletproof Heart
IceHog69
May 21st, 2008 at 11:47am
The western world is supposed to be a place where you are free. and if you are getting put in hospital every time you go out dressed in black, with piercings, or you are being called a slut, because you like to show off your real thin legs, then something somewhere is very wrong.

Beating the shit out of someone just because they look different (imo) is on a par with racism. Racism refers to beliefs, practices, and institutions that negatively discriminate against people based on their perceived or ascribed race. If someone spits at you, or attacks you because you look different, is that not the same thing? You look different, so you get attacked? I know that if you are asian, or black, you can't do anything about that, and you can't change it, but I still think that we should be free to wear the clothes we want.

I think the problem with 'emo bashing', is that 'emo' has such a bad name in the media, and so if a person looks like they might be 'emo', they get a lot of stick for it, and they might not necessarily be 'emo'. I think the same goes for chavs, but it is a more outward violence. 'Emo's' (I hate that word) are supposed to hurt themselves, and be all depressed and stupid, and it's all the musics fault, but chavs and gangstas are all shooting each other all over the place (I live near Streatham), and nicking things, so people feel threatened by them.

With the Barbie girl/slut thing, it's because they look like Barbie girls (blond, big boobs, and not much clothing), and lots of girl I can imagine are slightly intimidated by this person who can look as stunning wrapped up warm as they do wearing next to nothing, and so they feel that they have to lower them some how, and saying they look like a doll, or a slut, does it just fine.
Thug Life.
Bleeding on the Floor
Thug Life.
May 21st, 2008 at 01:00pm

So what your saying is that because someone is getting bashed because they choose to wear a black shirt that is pretty much equal to being bashed because you are of a different ethnicity.

its not the same thing as being spat on because your of a different ethniticity becaue the degrees of severity are different. im pretty much saying that people got spat on becaue you chose too. people who get racially vilified dont and thats why its seen as a worse injustice. just cos some middle class whino who likes wearing so much black that no light leaves the surface of his body a la a black hole, gets beat up because of this makes it noway equal to a hate crime like an african american beeng assaulted because he is that or discriminated for the color of his or hers skin.

subcultures come and go rockers and mods in the sixties were giving each other hell in teh sixties but i dont think just cos a mod got bashed they instantly thought it to be a hate crime.

Chantal
Bleeding on the Floor
Chantal
May 21st, 2008 at 05:19pm
^^ I agree

While I think its god awful that someone couldn't express themselves by their outward appearence because of being afraid that something might happen to them, they do know that something might happen to them and cold therefor do something abot the situation. I girl could where different clothing to feel better in a more dangerous area. I person could where a better suit to get a promotion at work. So So So So sad, but true. What you can't change is your ethnicity,gender,ect and so I agree that racism and such are worse. Not levels and levels worse, just a bit worse,but still worse.
IceHog69
Bulletproof Heart
IceHog69
May 22nd, 2008 at 04:17am
Migatron.:

So what your saying is that because someone is getting bashed because they choose to wear a black shirt that is pretty much equal to being bashed because you are of a different ethnicity.

its not the same thing as being spat on because your of a different ethnicity because the degrees of severity are different. I'm pretty much saying that people got spat on because you chose too. people who get racially vilified don't and thats why its seen as a worse injustice. just cos some middle class whino who likes wearing so much black that no light leaves the surface of his body a la a black hole, gets beat up because of this makes it noway equal to a hate crime like an african american being assaulted because he is that or discriminated for the color of his or hers skin.

I'm not middle class, I am most defiantly not middle class. I live in a sh*t hole,okay. You have no idea how I live, so don't you dare imply that I'm a 'middle class whino'.
I think people shouldn't be beaten up what ever happens. I think that people should have the choice to wear whatever they want, and they shouldn't be afraid to do that. I know it's not the same as being ethnically different, but it's the same basic idea. You are being attacked because you look different, and I think that people shouldn't have to conform in order to survive. I know that you can't change the color of your skin (well, actually you can, but only if you have enough money), but I still think that you shouldn't be afraid to go out dressed in what ever you want, whether that be black from head to toe, or a mini skirt, or even a polo shirt and khakis. I don't think you should be attacked for looking different, and if you are, then I think they should get a longer sentence than if they just attacked you because you got in the way, or what ever.

Migatron.:
subcultures come and go rockers and mods in the sixties were giving each other hell in the sixties but i don't think just cos a mod got bashed they instantly thought it to be a hate crime.

yes, but in the 60'S, they were still lobotomizing people who acted too different.
Thug Life.
Bleeding on the Floor
Thug Life.
May 22nd, 2008 at 04:58am

Shithole by your standards, you werent born in a third world country were you ..

fair enough you should be able to dress in what ever you want but in no way should it be compared to a hate crime or anything of the like. its simply rediculous to think that.

all im saying s that people should calm down and take this subculture thing a notch down before you start to thikn that actions like getting beat because your emo should be billed as a hate crime.

an ethnic person that gets spat on , while riding the train goes home and gets undressed and under all that cloth hes the same as if he was if he was dressed. an anglo person who gets spat on goes home takes off all the black clothing and all of a sudden hes "normal" according to society

they've stopped lobotomizing people now haven't they .
see transition they've phased it out. just like people phase out their subculture when they get to adulthood.

IceHog69
Bulletproof Heart
IceHog69
May 22nd, 2008 at 07:08am
Migatron.:

Shithole by your standards, you weren't born in a third world country were you ..
I lived in Bangladesh for two and a half years, and I never once found a 6 inch knife in my front garden. I never had to see an old man overdose on heroin in the park. In Bangladesh, I could go to the park, without fear of being attacked by a drunk junkie wanting another fix. I wasn't born in a third world country, but I have lived in one, so I think I can say where I live is a shit hole. But we digress.
Migatron.:

fair enough you should be able to dress in what ever you want but in no way should it be compared to a hate crime or anything of the like. its simply ridiculous to think that.

all I'm saying s that people should calm down and take this subculture thing a notch down before you start to think that actions like getting beat because your emo should be billed as a hate crime.

an ethnic person that gets spat on , while riding the train goes home and gets undressed and under all that cloth hes the same as if he was if he was dressed. an anglo person who gets spat on goes home takes off all the black clothing and all of a sudden hes "normal" according to society
fine, maybe it isn't as bad as racism, but it should still hold a longer sentence. because it is a hate crime. It's a crime against a person because you hate what they are.

Migatron, you seem to think I'm a middle class white kid who's never been on the receiving end of anything more than 'Urgh, stupid emo kid *spit*', but you're wrong. Yes, I'm white, but I'm over half Scottish, yet I speak with an English accent, because otherwise I get attacked by some of the more UKIP kids at my school. I lived in Bangladesh for two and a half years, where I went to an American school, where I was ' The Whingeing Pom' or 'The Stinking Brit' because I didn't know how to keep my head down, and my mouth shut. I live in a part of London that has had more kids than I care to count murdered at the local ice rink. I have had experience of being hated for things I can't change, and I think that if people are going to hate you for something you can't change, at least not be hated for something you can change.
Thug Life.
Bleeding on the Floor
Thug Life.
May 22nd, 2008 at 08:13am
[font=4][size=87]
i dont think it should be put up to hate crime status, the way i see it is its just assault with a motive thats all. and if it should hold a longer sentanced youd have to make a law that outlines the vaarious subcultures then youd have to keep renewing it to meet the demands of changing subcultures. and if you left it to just "Subcultures" without specifying it in the law any prosecutor could say theyre part of
one and not have to prove it and push for a longer sentance, with race crimes its easy to indentify races.

and okae you got me there your not just the run of the mill white girl that i encounter most of them that i meet happen to think just because they where black and whine about being abused cos their emo means that they have suffered as bad as people who are of a different ethnicty, even though i dont beleive you display this i think people who do really should stop taking this subculture idea so seriously.