Don't have an account? Create one!

08/11/2007 - Tampa, FL - Ford Amphitheatre

AuthorMessage
bringmoreknives_x
Fabulous Killjoy
bringmoreknives_x
May 21st, 2007 at 10:40pm
lauren; pansy:

I live in Sarasota which is like an hour away. I kinda wish I lived in Tampa because nothing really exciting goes around here. No venues that I know of around here... There's also too many old people. Shocked

I wish I lived in Tampa too! rofl, I live in the stupidest, smallest town up in northern FL. Neutral. I go down to Tampa a lot for shows and stuff though x3
thank fsm.
In The Murder Scene
thank fsm.
May 22nd, 2007 at 12:47am
lauren; pansy:
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b173/doggypuplook/seatingchart.gif
That's weird. This is what my shows up as. And it matches the tickets.

Yeah. What's weird is like...that's what was showing when I was messing around with presale tickets. So I bought Pit tickets elsewhere, and then I messed with the general public sale for a friend, and I checked the seating chart again, and it was that weird one I showed you.
porcelinajune
Bleeding on the Floor
porcelinajune
May 22nd, 2007 at 12:52am
bringmoreknives_x:

I wish I lived in Tampa too! rofl, I live in the stupidest, smallest town up in northern FL. Neutral. I go down to Tampa a lot for shows and stuff though x3

Tampa is a shithole LOL! Live in St. Pete, it's better Very Happy Although, there are many great shows in this area.

I LOVE how we are all excited for this show even though it is over 2 months away. However, I know we started a thread for the April dates of TBP tour this early.
thank fsm.
In The Murder Scene
thank fsm.
May 22nd, 2007 at 12:57am
You have to. Everyone needs an outlet for the excitement. Wink

I'm still a little apprehensive of pit, though.

Did you get those avatars? Sad
porcelinajune
Bleeding on the Floor
porcelinajune
May 22nd, 2007 at 01:14am
Stephanie,

I'm Sorry for not responding earlier. I did and I LOVE them . . speaking of that I was updating my photos had the intention of changing my avatar to the ones youmade. I do apologize for not saying something earlier. I have had my head up my ass and all heartbroken due to be screwed out of Smashing Pumpkin tickets Crying or Very sad

You are right we do have to have an avenue for excitement esp. since no one understands the devotion MCR inspires.
thank fsm.
In The Murder Scene
thank fsm.
May 22nd, 2007 at 01:15am
porcelinajune:
screwed out of Smashing Pumpkin tickets Crying or Very sad

No, it's okay.

What do you mean?! What happened?
porcelinajune
Bleeding on the Floor
porcelinajune
May 22nd, 2007 at 01:23am
Well The Smashing Pumpkins have been my favorite band since I was 13/14 yrs old but have never seen them due to where I lived when I was younger and never was hip to when tickets went on sale (before internet). Last week they announced they would be doing a 9 day residency at a small club in Asheville, NC and another residency at a club in San Fran. I decided I was going to drive the 10 hours to attened one of the Asheville, dates.

The tickets went on sale yesterday at 1pm. The used a website called ticketweb. Due to the amount of people trying to get tickets for the shows, the server crashed and was up and down all day. TWICE I had tickets in the check out cart and was waiting for my billing info to go through and the site crashed. They had another sale tonight at 7 on ticketmaster since basically no one got tickets yesterday, only a small amount of people. I was on ticketmaster before 7. As 6:59, I saw the tickets were available for purchase but I just wasn't lucky. They sold out in less than a minute. I would say 15 seconds.

I am just hoping they do a proper tour!
thank fsm.
In The Murder Scene
thank fsm.
May 22nd, 2007 at 01:24am
That is soo terrible. Didn't the same thing kinda happen with PR? I mean, with Linkin Park not expecting MCR's fans to go all crazy.
porcelinajune
Bleeding on the Floor
porcelinajune
May 22nd, 2007 at 01:30am
Sigh . . .all will be alright. I will just be heart broken for a couple of days.

Yeah, I think the same thing did happen but without the nasty server crashes. I don't think they excepted the presale to go so fast as it did and they extended the presale! I mean tickets are pretty much gone for most of the dates I think. LOL never underestimate us MCR fans.
Maybe Crazy
Salute You in Your Grave
Maybe Crazy
May 22nd, 2007 at 02:25pm
I live in St. Pete.
schmetallica.
Shotgun Sinner
schmetallica.
May 22nd, 2007 at 03:20pm
porcelinajune:
Sigh . . .all will be alright. I will just be heart broken for a couple of days.

Yeah, I think the same thing did happen but without the nasty server crashes. I don't think they excepted the presale to go so fast as it did and they extended the presale! I mean tickets are pretty much gone for most of the dates I think. LOL never underestimate us MCR fans.

Yeah. Our first try buying the tickets was Thursday (May 17) and we got third level. Then we tried again at 10:00 on Saturday (May 19) right when they went on sale for the public, and we got lucky enough to get first level. It's definetly not going to be hard to sell those third level tickets.
schmetallica.
Shotgun Sinner
schmetallica.
May 22nd, 2007 at 07:29pm
bringmoreknives_x:
lauren; pansy:

I live in Sarasota which is like an hour away. I kinda wish I lived in Tampa because nothing really exciting goes around here. No venues that I know of around here... There's also too many old people. Shocked

Woo! Sarasota isn't that boring anymore! I just found out today that The Plain White T's, The Almost, and some other band I can't remember are playing this Friday at some club downtown which is like 5 minutes away from my house. Haha I'm going. It's going to be pretty easy to meet those bands conisdering my dad's friend owns the place. And my dad's band has played there a few times. =]
Rachelle_5
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Rachelle_5
May 23rd, 2007 at 12:34pm
lauren; pansy:
I just bought my tickets yesterday, we tried for first level...no luck...so we're stuck with section 304 on the third level. (It says 4th level on the tickets but on the seating chart it looks like a third level.) But we're going to try again tomorrow at 10:00 A.M., exactly when they go on sale for the public. (we used presale) I really hope to get first level! So...Who else is going?!

I'm in section 304, too, which pisses me off because I got my tickets at 4:00 exactly the day of the fan club presale, but I guess it could be worse. What row are you in?

I'm sooo excited to see everyone again! It's cool that it's a festival, and I'm kinda glad that there are going to be bands that I don't want to see playing, because that means we can all hang out and B.S. and not worry about missing anything. I'm super-psyched!
schmetallica.
Shotgun Sinner
schmetallica.
May 23rd, 2007 at 06:02pm
^^

lauren; pansy:

Yeah. Our first try buying the tickets was Thursday (May 17 during the presale) and we got third level. Then we tried again at 10:00 on Saturday (May 19) right when they went on sale for the public, and we got lucky enough to get first level. It's definetly not going to be hard to sell those third level tickets.
schmetallica.
Shotgun Sinner
schmetallica.
May 23rd, 2007 at 06:03pm
EDIT: double post.
porcelinajune
Bleeding on the Floor
porcelinajune
May 23rd, 2007 at 11:00pm
[quote="lauren; pansy"]
bringmoreknives_x:

Woo! Sarasota isn't that boring anymore! I just found out today that The Plain White T's, The Almost, and some other band I can't remember are playing this Friday at some club downtown which is like 5 minutes away from my house. Haha I'm going. It's going to be pretty easy to meet those bands conisdering my dad's friend owns the place. And my dad's band has played there a few times. =]

If I wasn't going to Cali on Friday, I would totally be there cause I would like to see The Almost. They are playing in St. Pete on Saturday as well. Have fun at the show and meeting the bands!

At the MCR show in Tampa on 4/19, the girl that stood next to me and my friend and the barrier was a huge Plain White T's fan and seem to know they guys pretty well. She was absolutely adoreable.
porcelinajune
Bleeding on the Floor
porcelinajune
May 23rd, 2007 at 11:29pm
Rachelle_5:

I'm sooo excited to see everyone again! It's cool that it's a festival, and I'm kinda glad that there are going to be bands that I don't want to see playing, because that means we can all hang out and B.S. and not worry about missing anything. I'm super-psyched!

I know I was thinking the exactly the same thing. As nice as it would be to be sitting close to each other, we will be able to mingle through out the day and the place is rather big so we have room to roam. I am hoping you can sneak down during MCR's set Rachelle.

Also, I was hoping that another band *coughmusecough* would come through Florida this summer in a central location so we could meet up before PR. I'll be on a look out for anything interesting.
Rachelle_5
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Rachelle_5
May 24th, 2007 at 03:54pm
^Me too. I've been looking on the coughmusecough website, and it looks like we'll be out of luck for that one. I know Steff would be excited too. I know there are worse things in the world than having crappy seats, even though they aren't even that crappy.
thank fsm.
In The Murder Scene
thank fsm.
May 24th, 2007 at 07:09pm
Muse will come back here. I feel it. XDDDD

Well, I don't know; seems like they have a lot on their plate for now.
Rachelle_5
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Rachelle_5
May 24th, 2007 at 08:27pm
Acutally, they're supposed to be touring until November, so who knows. If I get to see Muse again and Interpol, too, then this would be the best year ever.

Anyways, yeah, I hope we don't get any hurricanes raining on our little parade. It's supposed to be an active season.