Don't have an account? Create one!

Gerard the Camera Whore!

AuthorMessage
myromanceischemical
Killjoy
myromanceischemical
March 18th, 2006 at 12:09pm
sorry it says bad i mean band. Lol spelling error Wink Didn't see it.
Bitch
Killjoy
Bitch
March 18th, 2006 at 03:16pm
I think its funny. *don't hit me* b/c society has put Gerard as the lead person of the group. So most of the time in interiews the questions are pointed to Gerard or will lead up to Gerard. you even see it in the posters. Where is Gerard? In the middle or really close up to the camara. But who do you blame? I blame society.
reckless?abandon-21
Bleeding on the Floor
reckless?abandon-21
March 25th, 2006 at 11:45am
gee absolutely loves the camera. . .but WE ALSO love that he loves it.
cuz that just means seein him more.
and its not like he doesnt give the other members a chance to say what they want to, so hes not the bad kind of camera whore, hes good.
Grapes
Killjoy
Grapes
March 26th, 2006 at 05:12am
whaha well.. he does talk a lot during interviews.. i would love to hear mikey a little more Cool
BeastxInxRepose
S/C/A/R/E/C/R/O/W
BeastxInxRepose
March 26th, 2006 at 05:14am
well, it also doesn't help that most interview questions are directed at Gerard to begin with. THERE ARE 4 OTHER GUYS STANDING RIGHT THERE YOU BLIND TWITS!!!!!!!
reckless?abandon-21
Bleeding on the Floor
reckless?abandon-21
March 26th, 2006 at 09:25am
lol yeah. . . ..
Danger.Zone--
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Danger.Zone--
February 4th, 2007 at 11:05pm
so true but he is sexyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy lol
mirarle
Thinking Happy Thoughts
mirarle
February 4th, 2007 at 11:44pm
Yeah...camera whore. XD

I read an explanation from the band on why Gerard talks so much. Frank said something about if everyone tried to get their two cents in, the point will be lost or something like that. I don't remember, but it was enough to convince me! ^_^

Whether he is or not, Gerard is still awesome...
a thousand suns.
Always Born a Crime
a thousand suns.
February 5th, 2007 at 05:06pm
I love Gerard to death because he never stops talking in interviews xD But yeah, I do like hearing the other guys speak once in a while...I would probably start actually clapping like a little girl if Bob spoke for more than 2 seconds.
Total Phreek
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Total Phreek
February 5th, 2007 at 05:11pm

I am actually still trying to work out how he can say so much without stopping to breath...
It's a bit like in my family, because in my family we have this rule...
Take a breath, Miss a turn
I think it much be like that in My Chem. as well!
Cool, my family has something in common with MCR!
a thousand suns.
Always Born a Crime
a thousand suns.
February 5th, 2007 at 05:43pm
Hehe....forget talking too much, I could just WATCH him talk forever because I love the way he does it out of the corner of his mouth.
PansyBoy
Killjoy
PansyBoy
February 6th, 2007 at 09:01am
plus, gerard always knows what to say... maybe bob, mikey and ray dont know what to say so gerard does all the talking for them, plus he is the lead singer... but then again the lead isnt always front man... just look at fall out boy, in interviews with them pete does most of the talking...
Human Wreckage xx
Really Not Okay
Human Wreckage xx
February 19th, 2007 at 06:18pm
i really do think gerard gets most of the attention on film..
BUT..he is the front man of the band so what did you expect?
but..i do think bob should talk more :]
don't aim to please.
Banned
don't aim to please.
February 20th, 2007 at 02:48am
Gerard is the frontman, so it's only natural. Frank is like the de facto second in command so he gets to talk second. Mikey, Ray, and certainly Bob aren't all that interested in spotlight. They don't seem to mind so neither will I. I do notice that Frank gets cut off at times. Not by Gerard usually, but interviewers don't let him finish what he was saying. Poor Frank. Sad
don't aim to please.
Banned
don't aim to please.
February 20th, 2007 at 03:02am
And keep in mind: Who writes the lyrics? Who founded the band(along with Matt PelissierDisgust)? Who is the most popular member of MCR? Gerard Way. Who's the second most popular? Frank Iero. If Bob Byrar were the one constantly talking...I wouldn't be as interested and neither would most of you. You think if the fat guy in Fall Out Boy were front and center instead of Pete Wentz, they'd be as big? No. MCR just wouldn't be without Gerard...and it would definetly suck without Frank. The others are awesome too(especially Mikey), but they aren't vital. Besides, some of y'all are acting as if Gerard is purposely hogging attention, and the others are mad at him for it. How would any of us know that? How do we know Mikey, Ray, and Bob aren't just really laidback guys(like they seem to be)and don't need a camera in their face? They probably want Gerard, as the lead singer, and Frank to some extent, to take the lead. No need to go accusing Gerard of something that isn't true. Especially when you and i don't know what's going on behind the scenes.
art star.
Demolition Lover
art star.
February 20th, 2007 at 03:45am
yeap.
Gerard isn't hogging up all the attention.
If he was the other band members would probably not be with him anymore.
Kirstyf
Jazz Hands
Kirstyf
February 20th, 2007 at 11:02am
So I'm burning.:
...I would probably start actually clapping like a little girl if Bob spoke for more than 2 seconds.

I think I may actually have done that!

Seriously though, Gerard does seem to be the one who comes up with the concepts and obviously a lot of the aesthetic comes from him as well so I think its quite natural that interviewers want him to be the one to explain it.

In interviews I've seen/read recently the others do seem to be talking a lot more - which makes me happy.
an_ni
Jazz Hands
an_ni
February 20th, 2007 at 11:35am
if you've been seeing US TRL where mcr was, mikey tries say something but gerards just talks Very Happy it really bothers me that bob and mikey don't really speak but it's true that gerard is maybe ''famous'' or he's knowing better. and that wont bother
everybody but i just want heard they all voices ! Very Happy
machiavelli
Shotgun Sinner
machiavelli
February 20th, 2007 at 10:19pm
December:
i think mostly all lead singers in a band talk alot durning interviews. i guess they have to. they are the frontman of the band. it would look really weird if the lead guitarist was talking more then the lead singer.

Pete from FOB takls alot, and he's the bassist, but he writes the songs...
Geesus.
Motor Baby
Geesus.
February 20th, 2007 at 11:57pm
plus think about
pete and gerard are always referred to as the 'hottest' ones in their bands.
therefor they're the ones people want to see so everything is directed to them.

but then again they do write the lyrics and such