Don't have an account? Create one!

11/17/2007 - Belfast, ND - Kings Hall.

AuthorMessage
Pixie-Gates
Awake and Unafraid
Pixie-Gates
August 30th, 2007 at 05:42am
If they mention it's the UK during the show, I suspect people may get shifty...
Kid__
Always Born a Crime
Kid__
August 30th, 2007 at 01:01pm
Mrs.Halloween:
and in reply to the conversation about the rds queuing- it was bad! for someone who showed up an hour or so before the start of the show, joined the back of the line, and didn't worry about queuing, maybe it would be okay. but i am someone who worries about queuing and everything to do with a show! [unfortunately]. so to turn up at around 10am, not be let in line for another hour or so, then once in said line be told you can't sit down, it's pretty distressing. i spent almost 8 hours that day standing in a queue, surviving on one bottle of water and some sandwiches, to be treated like crap by practically every member of event staff i encountered.
and i'm not exaggerating.
if the queuing for king's hall is anything like the queuing for rds, i am going to be so disappointed.

Yeah, security at the RDS were really rude. My lift home was late after the show and when I was waiting, one guy came up and screamed at me "You can't be here." and I was like "Well what do you want me to do, walk to Belfast??"
But apparently the guys at the King's Hall are real nice. And there's a garage like literally two minutes up the road so you can send someone who's with you to get water and sandwiches Mr. Green

I'm just thinking.... It might be a good idea for someone to tell them before the gig "Call them Ireland and you die. Call them UK and you die ... Just call 'em Belfast okay?"
Pixie-Gates
Awake and Unafraid
Pixie-Gates
August 30th, 2007 at 07:40pm
Borrowed Dream:

I'm just thinking.... It might be a good idea for someone to tell them before the gig "Call them Ireland and you die. Call them UK and you die ... Just call 'em Belfast okay?"[/size][/color]

So true. Laughing
QuietTragedy
Killjoy
QuietTragedy
August 31st, 2007 at 03:30pm
^Haha

Eurgh, I got booked my tickets on ticketmaster half an hourafter they went on sale and they still haven't come yet. I suppose the same happened with my rds tickets- booked the day they went on sale and didnt come til about march. I'll not start panicing until its like October and they havent come.
Mrs.Halloween
Salute You in Your Grave
Mrs.Halloween
August 31st, 2007 at 05:13pm
Borrowed Dream:
I'm just thinking.... It might be a good idea for someone to tell them before the gig "Call them Ireland and you die. Call them UK and you die ... Just call 'em Belfast okay?"

xD.
my friend LJ said that one time good charlotte were playing in southern ireland [i think it was dublin] and they made the mistake of saying that it was 'great to be in the uk'...=/.
big no no.

i think maybe the 'ND' thing is because for the threads for american dates, they abbreviate their states by using the first and last letter of the state, like texas, TS, california, CA...etc. so maybe whoever made the belfast thread was thinking along those lines and instead of just writing 'N.I' for Northern Ireland, they wrote 'ND'. y'know?
that's what i was thinking anyways.
Bronte Kinder
Salute You in Your Grave
Bronte Kinder
August 31st, 2007 at 08:59pm
I'm sorry to be a country bumpkin, but what does ND stand for?

Also, on the ticketmaster.ie website, it says tickets are no longer on sale. They've been sold out for awhile, but now it says no longer available. Nervous.

Am I the only one doing will call?
Pixie-Gates
Awake and Unafraid
Pixie-Gates
August 31st, 2007 at 09:44pm
ND would appear to a typo instead of NI.

The gig is sold out...if you didn't get tickets that probably means you're out of luck...
Bronte Kinder
Salute You in Your Grave
Bronte Kinder
August 31st, 2007 at 10:06pm
No, I got tickets.
EveryHeartYouBreak
Killjoy
EveryHeartYouBreak
August 31st, 2007 at 11:53pm
my tickets came the other day!!! SO FUCKING EXCITED ITS PAINFUL!!!!!! ( i dont get out much ) first mcr gig n first standing gig so im pretty sure ill get smooshed by everyone coz im tht tiny n defenceless. i live like 20 mins drive from kings hall!! ( yayness ) and theres like 10 other ppl going with me so its gonna be completely mad! im planning on getting fully hyped up on all things suggary for a week before i go, seriously tho im gonna go nuts when i get there, there gonna have to carry me out in a straight jacket!!! i actually started hyperventalating when i found out they were playing belfast and thats nothing compared to what i did when the tickets came!!! so cant wait for november!!!! do we know who is supporting mcr yet? my ticket says "MCR and guest" any ideas?
Pixie-Gates
Awake and Unafraid
Pixie-Gates
September 1st, 2007 at 06:06am
^ I'm happy you're excited. Laughing You'll be fine, don't worry, my first gig was for a metal band and I was by myself, alone in the pit, and tiny (still am tiny), and I survived that so you'll survive an MCR gig no problem. Smile
Kid__
Always Born a Crime
Kid__
September 1st, 2007 at 02:54pm
EveryHeartYouBreak:
my tickets came the other day!!! SO FUCKING EXCITED ITS PAINFUL!!!!!! ( i dont get out much ) first mcr gig n first standing gig so im pretty sure ill get smooshed by everyone coz im tht tiny n defenceless. i live like 20 mins drive from kings hall!! ( yayness ) and theres like 10 other ppl going with me so its gonna be completely mad! im planning on getting fully hyped up on all things suggary for a week before i go, seriously tho im gonna go nuts when i get there, there gonna have to carry me out in a straight jacket!!! i actually started hyperventalating when i found out they were playing belfast and thats nothing compared to what i did when the tickets came!!! so cant wait for november!!!! do we know who is supporting mcr yet? my ticket says "MCR and guest" any ideas?

No idea who's supporting yet.
Dublin was the same. Like there were all sorts of rumours, and it turned out to be a band that nobody had even heard of. I hope it's a local band though... mojoFURY would be great!
You'll not get smooshed up too bad. And if you do, hey proof that you were in the pit! =]
And that's awesome about living so close to King's Hall.... twenty-seven minutes away on the train.... And that's if it's on time >.<
wei-rdo
Killjoy
wei-rdo
September 2nd, 2007 at 09:56pm
really my mate was queingin at the rds and some 1 gave them an extra 2 pit passes cause they weren't there yet and there was a group of them and we were one of the last comin out of the rds grounds (we were hiding from them but didn't succeed)......and started talking to 1 of the security dudes and he was nice and he prob thought we were drunk to but we were just high on energy....i just hope its not cancelled if it is it was waste of a beg ps its 75 days away YAY!!!
Pixie-Gates
Awake and Unafraid
Pixie-Gates
September 6th, 2007 at 06:15am
I think my brother wants to come...

How shall I wangle him a ticket if they're sold out? Laughing
Eddie
Joining The Black Parade
Eddie
September 6th, 2007 at 11:17pm
i have a dilema

i want to go with eileen, robyn & kerry ("borrowed dream" are you kerry? why'd you change your name?)
well anyways yeah
but my neighbour wants me to tag along with her and all her friends who hate me for being a "BIG GOTH" (¬¬)

so im dilemmad.
Big_Pants
Really Not Okay
Big_Pants
September 7th, 2007 at 02:14pm
Erm...why would you want to attend with people who hate you? You should obviously go with the nice people not the "goth hating dick heads." Just my humble opinion of course.
Kid__
Always Born a Crime
Kid__
September 7th, 2007 at 08:41pm
Eddie:
i have a dilema

i want to go with eileen, robyn & kerry ("borrowed dream" are you kerry? why'd you change your name?)
well anyways yeah
but my neighbour wants me to tag along with her and all her friends who hate me for being a "BIG GOTH" (¬¬)

so im dilemmad.

Poppy, you're not leaving me!
I need someone to hold my hand in case I get crushed again.... lol.
[Got bored of being Snape, everyone seemed to have HP related names ¬¬]
Aine's already signing 3(?) people in and if they need signed in, she can't.... But if they don't, can I wear me boots and freak 'em out??? Very Happy
Eddie
Joining The Black Parade
Eddie
September 7th, 2007 at 09:06pm
neighbour can sign her self in, she'll be old enough.
other neighbours should go die to annother concert.

its eileen and robyn who need signed in.
House-of-wolves
Killjoy
House-of-wolves
September 9th, 2007 at 04:03pm
yay,
Mrs.Halloween
Salute You in Your Grave
Mrs.Halloween
September 9th, 2007 at 04:31pm
is the king's hall strict about the age restrictions, do you need to bring proof of age [like at rds] or are they slack about it?
Kid__
Always Born a Crime
Kid__
September 9th, 2007 at 09:43pm
No idea, sorry.
I know most places in Belfast are really slack about it, but I dunno about the King's Hall.