Don't have an account? Create one!

Lyn-Z Pregnant.

AuthorMessage
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
December 3rd, 2008 at 10:34am
^ Dude, chill LOL

Regarding what I am guessing are quotes you have found on buzznet or some such other unsavory location, here's what you can say back to them:

First of all, she wouldn't have gained all sorts of weight yet - that doesn't happen until at least 5 months into the pregnancy. Second of all, it is not the band's style to "announce" such things. Third of all, MSI posted a blog on their myspace confirming the pregnancy - that should be more than enough evidence for everybody. Finally, it it's not their child, then who's is it, pray tell?
kid from yesterday.
Bleeding on the Floor
kid from yesterday.
December 3rd, 2008 at 10:41am
Lol I think she just meant that that would be what the few indenial fans would say to avoid the truth even when it's staring them in the face. Not real quotes.
playground eyes.
Awake and Unafraid
playground eyes.
December 3rd, 2008 at 11:45am
jules:

One more point - you don't know this man or his wife - so making comments about his "poor parenting skills" or that he isn't happy --this only serves to paint you as an asshole. As does comments like "hit it with a bat" and "hopefully she will loose it." Grow the hell up.

I hate the kind of jealous or just stupid people that made posts like this. I couldn't agree more.. Clap

EDIT:
And..
I found this...

"We were very happy to hear that Gerard and Lyn-Z are expecting their first child; is that going to affect MCR’s plans much?
''No. You know if anything, it’s just going to make the family bigger and we’re just really excited. As soon as he told me my jaw dropped, because he was the kind of kid that was like, ‘I’m never going to get married, I’m never going to have kids’, and it was in a year that all that changed. I’m just so excited for him, because he’s so excited, and if anything, it’s just going to make touring that much better – everyone’s gonna have kids out on the road and their wives and stuff, it’s just going to be like a touring family circus.''" - (Frankie)

xD It made me happy.
If you want more....
James Owen. Sullivan
Banned
James Owen. Sullivan
December 3rd, 2008 at 01:38pm
The only person being hit with a bat will be anyone who treats my lovely so horribly.
(Like I said, i'm extremely overprotective of that woman. xD)

-edit-
this is something I wrote towards everyone who's talking shit about the two of them having a baby, on some other forums; i think it applyies here too. xD

FIRSTLY:
Unless you're going to one of the shows Lyn-Z won't be playing at for this reason- its none of your business whatsoever. Honestly.
SECONDLY:
Yes, they're having a baby. It's the miracle of life. It's beautiful, it's not something to say 'oh that's stupid' about. seriously. Picture yourself in that position, saying you're having a child, telling the world, and everyone saying "that's stupid".
THIRDLY
I don't think it's up to us to judge whether they'll "make good parents"- We don't know them personally. And tbh, from what I've seen they seem to be a lot more responsible than a lot of other 'rockstars' out there- would you honestly prefer someone with neon hair, covered head to toe in tattoos (yes i know lyn-z has them; i mean more than her) who sleeps around, smokes god knows what, and drinks till they puke every night as a parent than these two?
Sorry for the rant, I get angry easilySmile
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
December 3rd, 2008 at 02:20pm
jules:
One more point - you don't know this man or his wife - so making comments about his "poor parenting skills" or that he isn't happy --this only serves to paint you as an asshole. As does comments like "hit it with a bat" and "hopefully she will loose it." Grow the hell up.
Oh God! Because you posted that, Jules, I know that you actually did read those quotes someplace. Jesus Christ, what is the matter with people???
James Owen. Sullivan
Banned
James Owen. Sullivan
December 3rd, 2008 at 02:56pm
I've read similar. it makes me so mad i start shaking Sad

(i think i may have issues. but that's off topic. xD)
severus.
Awake and Unafraid
severus.
December 3rd, 2008 at 03:05pm
If it's true, I'm so happy for them! Dance
Paint It Black
Bulletproof Heart
Paint It Black
December 3rd, 2008 at 03:14pm
sally jupiter.:
If it's true, I'm so happy for them! Dance
it is true. it has been confirmed.
perfectly flawed.
In The Murder Scene
perfectly flawed.
December 3rd, 2008 at 03:29pm
that interview from frank is so fucking adorable...
Cigarettes And Suicide
Bleeding on the Floor
Cigarettes And Suicide
December 3rd, 2008 at 07:08pm
...would you honestly prefer someone with neon hair, covered head to toe in tattoos...

Since when is a person's hair colour and body art relevant in any way, shape or form to their parenting ability?
Six weeks after my daughter was born, I went back to dyeing my hair 'neon' shades, got some new piercings, and when I could afford it, I went and got myself even MORE tattoos (a chestpiece, even!).
I didn't suddenly start dropping her on her head, or injecting heroin, with each new body mod. The ink on my skin, the metal through my lip, and the lime green in my hair don't make me a bad parent - I still don't do drugs, don't drink, don't neglect or abuse my daughter, and while 'normal' people's kids might find me strange to look at, my daughter has grown up with me having tattoos, piercings and weird hair and clothes - she doesn't know any different, and if anything, I think having me as a parent (and obviously still being exposed to 'normal' people like my parents and friends) will in time make her a more open-minded, accepting and tolerant person because she knows from first-hand experience that people who look different are just the same as people who don't dye their hair or wear fishnet stockings.

Deb, I'm loving the idea of a 'Baby Watch' scheme hahaha, if only because Gerard and Lindsey are two of my favourite musicians, and because I'm pregnant (and due around the same time) so it would be fun for me to gather information so I can compare my pregnancy to theirs.
That being said, I bet it will be impossible because they're very private people and probably won't release much information at all.
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
December 4th, 2008 at 10:04am
Oh wow Donna I hadn't realized you were due at the same time as Lindsey is, but I should have put that together! Haha I was pregnant with Damien at the same exact time as Howard Stern's ex-wife, Allison, was pregnant with their third, Ashley. They were born within a couple months of each other I believe, and before Howard moved to XFM, which I cannot afford Sad I had the best time following along with all the stages Ashley and Damien were going through together.

ATTENTION THREAD: THERE IS NO "IF" ABOUT IT. LINDSEY IS PREGNANT. MSI HAS CONFIRMED THIS. FRANK HAS CONFIRMED THIS. PLEASE ACCEPT IT. THANKS.
Jenny.
Jenny.
December 4th, 2008 at 10:12am
I have edited the title of the thread to avoid any more confusion. Smile
sweetrevenge86
Jazz Hands
sweetrevenge86
December 4th, 2008 at 10:17am
jules:
you don't know this man or his wife - so making comments about his "poor parenting skills" or that he isn't happy --this only serves to paint you as an asshole

I do agree with your point but it can work both ways. The people on here that think Gerard is going to be a great dad don't know him any better than those who don't so why is it okay for them to come on here and go on about what a great dad he's going to be when they've never even met him? Apart from people who are making nasty comments about losing the baby, everyone should be allowed to have an opinion.

I think a lot of people who aren't sure about them having a child together now have based their opinion on things that happened before he married Lyn Z and I can see why. He used to always talk about how he never wanted to get married or have kids, and then to suddenly get married out of the blue to someone he wasn't even seeing for very long seems like a really odd thing to do. Not to mention the fact that he was engaged to someone else just weeks before the wedding.

Although Lyn Z and Gerard have been married for over a year they weren't together for very long before that and after the wedding the had both been touring which didn't give them a lot of time together. The year they've had as a married couple is nothing compared to what they need to settle down into married life before they start having kids. They just got married very quickly and everyone knew Gerard hasn't been in the best place after splitting with Eliza and very publicly breaking off the engagment so a year really doesn't seem like long enough for them.

I really do hope they turn out to be the best parents ever and are very happy together but I can see why a lot of people have doubts about them.
IeroNugget
Killjoy
IeroNugget
December 4th, 2008 at 11:00am
Can someone please tell me where Frank has confirmed it? I have yet to see this.
Im so happy for them! That kid is gonne be the cutest in the whole world. Gerards gonna be a great Dad!

=]
This might be off topic but is the tour with leATHERMOUTH and MSI so small because of Lyn-Z's pregnancy, or what? Im just wandering. I saw that it was on the eastcoast and I really want them to come close to SC, or NC.
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
December 4th, 2008 at 11:07am
turtle heart:
I have edited the title of the thread to avoid any more confusion. Smile
Great idea!

IeroNugget:
Can someone please tell me where Frank has confirmed it? I have yet to see this.
Frank confirms the pregnancy

Just wanted to add: NO ONE knows what sort of parent they are going to be until it happens, and that discovery is a lifelong one as well. It's not fair to judge anyone's parental abilities based upon mistakes they made when they were by themselves - there is nothing in life that can prepare you for having a child, believe me; nothing compares to it. Regarding the quickie marriage situation, sure it's unconventional, but a partnership takes WORK, and so long as both parties are willing to do the work, the relationship's odds are as good as anyone else's. Length is no guarantee of anything.
sweetrevenge86
Jazz Hands
sweetrevenge86
December 4th, 2008 at 11:24am
I agree with you Deb, I was just pointing out why some people might have a negative opinion about the relationship and baby situation. Length is definitely no guarantee that the marriage will last - people can be together for years before they get married and it can still end badly. I'm just saying they haven't had an easy start to married life and that might be why people don't think having a baby right now is a good idea. Although there are a lot of teenies out there who are jealous and that want the marriage to fail i'm sure there are a lot of real fans who do care but are just a bit worried about the situation.
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
December 4th, 2008 at 11:46am
sweetrevenge86:
I agree with you Deb, I was just pointing out why some people might have a negative opinion about the relationship and baby situation. I'm just saying they haven't had an easy start to married life and that might be why people don't think having a baby right now is a good idea. Although there are a lot of teenies out there who are jealous and that want the marriage to fail i'm sure there are a lot of real fans who do care but are just a bit worried about the situation.
Right, I know, I hear you. Ultimately though, worrying is pointless. They will limp through parenthood the same way that the rest of us do - by making lots of mistakes, but also picking up a few things they didn't know along the way. It makes no difference whether anyone thinks it was a good idea or not - the baby is here now and that's that. I also wanted to point out that my husband and I were DONE when I found out I was pregnant with Damien - we had plenty of ups and downs for sure, but we made that shit work for 17 fucking years - just sayin. Kenny could've done with some therapy (his son is more than a bit angry at him now,) but I am confident that Gerard is nowhere near as damaged as Kenny was - very few people are.
jules
Bleeding on the Floor
jules
December 4th, 2008 at 01:34pm
Again, my point is no one knows their relationship or how they operate together but them. And frankly, it isn't anyone's business. Gerard gets to call the shots in his own life, not his adoring fandom. He has every right to get older, to change his mind/opinions, to decide what is right for him. Why would anyone judge him based on comments he made years ago? People grow up and change. And unfortunately for many teenies, he is allowed to age, have acne and loose his hair. He is a human being.

We don't really know anything about him or her, so how the hell can anyone justify being worried about the "situation (we don't even know if there is a situation and since when did a happily married couple having a baby become a situation)?" We don't know how long they knew each other or the facts of his relationship with Eliza or if his girlfriend's nickname was really Kat. Because it isn't our business. He only signed up to supply music and comics. He isn't required to sell his soul or his inner most secrets or to reveal his lone chest hair. We only know internet conjecture and what he chooses to tell the public. We aren't entitled to more, just as no one is entitled to info about each of us that we choose not to share.

Why would anyone believe their opinion on whether or not they should have a baby has any merit? His life experience, as is each of ours, is his own. Yes, we care about the guy because we like the band. However, that does not give us license to judge his personal life.

Deb makes some very valid points and I am not directing this towards her.

I have a question: if Frank and Jamia were having a baby - would they face this level of scrutiny?
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
December 4th, 2008 at 01:35pm
Well said, Jules! I fucking love you Clap Thank you btw In Love

jules:
unfortunately for many teenies, he is allowed to have acne and loose his hair.
LOL I know what you are referencing and I saw those pictures - the girl is on crack.

Would Frank and Jamia be scrutinized should they be expecting, you ask? Probably so. Ray and Christa or Bob and his chick would get off the hook, but as always, they reveal the least anyways LOL
severus.
Awake and Unafraid
severus.
December 4th, 2008 at 01:59pm
I agree with jules 100% too. It's totally the business of Gerard and Lyn-Z. I just hope we get to see pictures of the baby. In Love