Don't have an account? Create one!

Rumors Thread

AuthorMessage
The Rumor
Awake and Unafraid
The Rumor
August 20th, 2010 at 06:01pm
I really like the name 'Galactic Destroyer'. I'm not sure I believe that it's the album name, though. The shirts are alright, although I prefer the style of the medusa shirt, I have to say.
scarecrow.
Jazz Hands
scarecrow.
August 20th, 2010 at 07:21pm
I really like the medusa shirt, too. I usually don't buy band merch online, or at all, unless it's merch from the stands during tour. But I caved and got the medusa one, because I thought it was pretty cool.

It makes sense though, there's a lot of hints that could point to the name being Galactic Destroyer. We don't save lives, we save the Galaxy. Or Sonic Salmonella (I guess this could also be the fastfood chain?). And now the rumor of the album title.
The Rumor
Awake and Unafraid
The Rumor
August 20th, 2010 at 07:44pm
I honestly think it'd be pretty My Chem to have a computer game themed album. Ray would probably be stoked. Razz

I'll believe when I see it but if the speculation is true I have no complaints. Likewise, I feel like some of these things have been around for so long that I'm not sure if they could all be so calculated a build up. I don't know. All I can say is I'm reminded of the 'headless chicken' stage of TBP, when no one knew what the heck was happening, just vaguely aware that something was going on.
brandleys;
Death Defying
brandleys;
August 20th, 2010 at 11:31pm
Actually, I wouldn't really mind if something along the lines of "Galactic Destroyer" or anything relatively close to that was the album name or "theme." I just don't want it to be Monsters.
perfectly flawed.
In The Murder Scene
perfectly flawed.
August 21st, 2010 at 01:37am
Okay this might sound really dumb since I don't know anything about selling merch and whatever, but couldn't "Galactic Destroyer" just be a random saying they decided to print on the t-shirts? I mean, why would they allow their album title to be revealed on a t-shirt before announcing it themselves? Also, who even designs those shirts? How do we know they're ~official? I'm sure "MCR" is copyrighted or whatever, but the shirts haven't been posted on mcr.com have they? Just thinking out loud. Again, I have no idea how this works haha...
the_lovecats
Killjoy
the_lovecats
August 21st, 2010 at 10:24am
perfectly flawed.:
Okay this might sound really dumb since I don't know anything about selling merch and whatever, but couldn't "Galactic Destroyer" just be a random saying they decided to print on the t-shirts? I mean, why would they allow their album title to be revealed on a t-shirt before announcing it themselves? Also, who even designs those shirts? How do we know they're ~official? I'm sure "MCR" is copyrighted or whatever, but the shirts haven't been posted on mcr.com have they? Just thinking out loud. Again, I have no idea how this works haha...

Just going from memory here but what I seem to remember is that they printed those "The Black Parade" shirts before the album title was released and had them being sold on a random separate site to the official MCR one... Even though I doubt this would be the case second time round as at first mcr were trying to pass off The Black Parade as being a separate entity to them anyhow (at least from when that site went up to the hammersmith gig where "mcr couldn't make it but they've asked their very good friends to fill in for them" lol so it kind of made sense doing it that way back then...
Goshh I just wish something solid will happen soon...
-x-
the_lovecats
Killjoy
the_lovecats
August 21st, 2010 at 10:38am
Then again the one being sold at Barnes and Noble seemed to of been out in 2009 according to drinkingsouls and so if they'd written a whole new album since then would they still really use the same name they were planning on using for the previous "album" they had worked on?
My thinking is that perhaps the name for the album before bob left was going to be "galactic destroyer" and the T's that we are seeing with the phrase may of been already printed before the sudden turn of events? Why waste already printed shirts 'aye? Haha of course all just extremely vague guess work Wink
-x-
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
August 21st, 2010 at 01:34pm
perfectly flawed.:
I'm pretty sure they need the band's permission to print their names on t-shirts. I think My Chemical Romance is a trademark or one those things. I'm pretty sure they have to be official, but the Hot Topic one is an "exclusive" to HT but I've noticed their "exclusives" have also made it onto the MCR site.

Back in the day of before TBP, they made a separate site for teasing (I think, I forgot what else was on there). I do remember that they sold shirts that said "We Are the Black Parade" on the front and they eventually made their way to Hot Topic too. So yes, they make their t-shirts in advance sometimes and those are hints towards the new album.

The B&N one was sold while they were touring somewhere as a tour exclusive special edition shirt, and I thought Gerard said the title was thought of then
The Rumor
Awake and Unafraid
The Rumor
August 22nd, 2010 at 08:23am
Rumor-gold?

Someone posted a tracklist on Tumblr but everyone is very skeptical because, well, how would they know? Nevertheless, here is the rumoured tracklist:

SONG TITLES HAVE BEEN RELEASED FOR MCR's NEW ALBUM;

Bury, (The Black Parade)
Drive To The Motel
Romance Definitely Isn’t Our Thing
Save Yourself, I’ll Hold Them Back
Hail To The King
Cosy
You Ate My Death!
Bullet Proof Heart
Death Before Disco
Am I Still Alive?
The Drugs
Monster Mash
Kiss The Ring
Black Dragon Fighting Society
The Light Behind Your Eyes
The Only Hope For Me Is You

Also, one of the Romantics (MCR thread regulars) on Mibba heard that the first single will be out at the end of the month, the album out late October or November. Apparently the station (STAR 98.7 in L.A.) has the CD already.
godricc
Killjoy
godricc
August 22nd, 2010 at 10:52am
sounds pretty unrealistic specially if you have 2 titles which are supossed to be one
Hail to the king/ Kiss the ring
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
August 22nd, 2010 at 01:04pm
I like the titles, but could have easily been made up. I esp. like Bury (The Black Parade) for some reason.

However, a lot of the titles were already released so they didn't have to make up much. I don't recall which ones AP printed out, not to mention that was also with Bob and didn't they re-record songs and stuff?
The Rumor
Awake and Unafraid
The Rumor
August 22nd, 2010 at 06:37pm
^ Yeah, they did go back in to the studio but for all we know, they could have re-recorded the same songs in new and improved arrangements.
perfectly flawed.
In The Murder Scene
perfectly flawed.
August 22nd, 2010 at 11:22pm
I'm kind of hoping there's a song called 1992 cause that's the year i was born
/loser

but yeah, those could have easily been made up.
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
August 22nd, 2010 at 11:26pm
The Rumor:
^ Yeah, they did go back in to the studio but for all we know, they could have re-recorded the same songs in new and improved arrangements.
Yeah but the possibility for different songs is there too, that's what i meant.
SheaLeone;KJ
Motor Baby
SheaLeone;KJ
August 22nd, 2010 at 11:41pm
perfectly flawed.:
/loser

but yeah, those could have easily been made up.

heh me too Razz

but anyone could come up with this stuff. but alas i do wish that the release dates they speculated are correct. that would make me happy (:

oh and ive been lurking this thread for a while. i guess it was time to get back into it. [/spam]
brandleys;
Death Defying
brandleys;
August 23rd, 2010 at 10:08am
It would be kind of cool if they were true, but I doubt it. Like everyone else said, it's easy to make those up.
Fear.Regret
Jazz Hands
Fear.Regret
August 23rd, 2010 at 12:20pm
Do you remember that contest on mychem.com where you have to anagram the titles?
If the songs titles didn't change it's impossible there is a song called 1992
Finnick Odair
In the Cannibal Glow
Finnick Odair
August 24th, 2010 at 04:43am
^ That contest was for already existing songs though, not the new ones. Or how would anyone know the answers? Lol.
The Rumor
Awake and Unafraid
The Rumor
August 24th, 2010 at 08:49am
perfectly flawed.:
/loser

That's exactly what I thought. xD

Yet another 'confirmed' date from someone who works at Hot Topic, September 18th this time.
deafening_silence
Thinking Happy Thoughts
deafening_silence
August 24th, 2010 at 12:16pm
haha Sept 18 is a saturday. highly unlikely. most records are released on tuesday.