Don't have an account? Create one!

Rumors Thread

AuthorMessage
CrypticDrummer
Killjoy
CrypticDrummer
August 14th, 2010 at 01:57am
StillNoUsername:
Ya ok I found the article, here's the exact wording: "16 months ago, My Chemical Romance were on the precipice of disentigrating. Two weeks before this writer arrived in LA, he revealed the assignment to a member of a prominent New York/New Jersey band. 'Wait,' the band dude responded, sincerely but shocked. 'They're ACTUALLY making a new record?'"

So, sorry, the New England thing was my bad. So many "News"

That's okay. That's either TBS or Thursday...since Gerard mentioned he talked with Geoff from Thursday recently I'd assume it would be him over TBS.
whateva
Killjoy
whateva
August 14th, 2010 at 04:16am
Xylophone has an x in it, saying: "My xylophone is cool!!" doesn't seem very extreme. He didn't know what he wanted to say, so that's extreme? I'm seriously boggled by this post.

So I think my main question is: what?[/quote]

I'd have to say that YES saying "My xylophone is cool! is definitely an extreme statement and I'd be a bit concerned about the person's comprehension of cool.

/spam sorry i couldn't resist.
StillNoUsername
Killjoy
StillNoUsername
August 17th, 2010 at 11:06pm
So check out drinkingsouls.com for the info, apparently wikipedia said for a little while (it's been deleted) that the new album was called "Monsters," and it was in a panel that isn't edited by the public? I remember hearing that title rumor somewhere before, and now it's come up again.
brandleys;
Death Defying
brandleys;
August 18th, 2010 at 12:12am
I honestly doubt it. And I really hope it's not.

Besides, people create spam accounts all the time, so it could just be someone wanting to fuck shit up. And also, Lady Gaga has the Monsters thing. It'd be too odd if they both had it.
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
August 18th, 2010 at 12:19am
StillNoUsername:
So check out drinkingsouls.com for the info, apparently wikipedia said for a little while (it's been deleted) that the new album was called "Monsters," and it was in a panel that isn't edited by the public? I remember hearing that title rumor somewhere before, and now it's come up again.
I've never heard that rumor ever... I mean, it's wikipedia...
Paint It Black
Bulletproof Heart
Paint It Black
August 18th, 2010 at 04:31am
Never heard the rumour, and I definitely hope it's not true. I'm sure they could come up with something better.
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
August 19th, 2010 at 06:14pm
New rumored album title: Galactic Destroyer. They have two shirts already with the phrase on it

Hot Topic

Barnes and Noble

I don't like either, honestly. The Hot Topic one looks like every other scene band shirt out there.

Edit:// oh and the squid eating something? Total MSI-like thing. Not really impressed.
Sweet Pandemonium.
Bleeding on the Floor
Sweet Pandemonium.
August 19th, 2010 at 06:57pm
I agree, I don't really like either of those shirts much at all. They're just not MCR if that makes sense.
Plus I kinda hope that's not the title of their new album, I don't really like it.
brandleys;
Death Defying
brandleys;
August 19th, 2010 at 09:31pm
The shirts are fine, in my opinion, I just wouldn't want that to be the album title. I think they could be a little more creative than that, knowing them.
deafening_silence
Thinking Happy Thoughts
deafening_silence
August 19th, 2010 at 09:48pm
the skull snake shirt is a total throw back to the 80's much like the medusa shirt. (i like the medusa shirt more than the skull snake.) the skull snake is a too reminiscent of a guns n roses shirt or a buck cherry type shirt.

gnr shirt

i was hoping for better.

i agree with lycia in that the squid attack is very MSI. it's lacking in original thought. but, we'll see what the record brings. i hope they prove me wrong.

apathy is really starting to creep in. =/
skeleton00x
Jazz Hands
skeleton00x
August 19th, 2010 at 11:00pm
In my opinion, I'll love whatever My Chem. comes out with. I've loved them for years (like many others), so thats not going to change.
I mean, everyone else is entitled to their own opinion.
But its kind of all just negative feedback. Seriously, think positively. We should be getting more updates soon anyways, its only about time that we do.

Also, I think it would be kind of badass to name the album Galactic Destroyer.
Obviously if thats what the guys picked, its for a reason.
Just my two-cents.

Edit; plus I think Galactic Destroyer is kind of somewhat similar to the Umbrella Academy, like the whole sci-fi type thing. Not sure how to explain this thought. I guess it seems like a comic book thing.
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
August 19th, 2010 at 11:40pm
Paint It Black:
i have never met the band. obviously i look up to them and i want them to be nice people, so that i'm not wasting my time on admiring douche bags.

I haven't posted here in forever either, but I finally got curious. Hola to the people that I know. I can tell you that neither I nor anyone I know personally has ever had a crappy encounter, if that helps.
brandleys;
Death Defying
brandleys;
August 19th, 2010 at 11:41pm
Deb:
I haven't posted here in forever either, but I finally got curious. Hola to the people that I know. I can tell you that neither I nor anyone I know personally has ever had a crappy encounter, if that helps.

lol i remember you. we never talked though.

[/spam]
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
August 20th, 2010 at 12:34am
murder tramp;:
The shirts are fine, in my opinion, I just wouldn't want that to be the album title. I think they could be a little more creative than that, knowing them.
Really? They lack originality and what they USED to have in merch. Now it's just like the overly done scene shirt with all the neon and stupid monsters eating stuff, such as the squid and MSI's squid.
deafening_silence:
i agree with lycia in that the squid attack is very MSI. it's lacking in original thought. but, we'll see what the record brings. i hope they prove me wrong.

apathy is really starting to creep in. =/
ty, i feel the same way with the apathy. And if the shirts are anything like the album I'll be highly disappointed: I know, I know, how dare I judge the CD by the merch, but it's the first impressions.

As for Galactic Destroyer being related to the Umbrella Academy, if that ended up being true I'd kinda not like it. He said that TUA and MCR were two separate entities. And it's a weird title but they're weird people so...

W/e, not like my opinion matters with their merch, but i'm just saying not many fans seem to be willing to wear the new merch that they're putting out now. I hope it gets better after the release. The last decent set of merch I've seen was just as TBP was released. After that it's just slid downhill imo. I always wanted a bit brighter merch from them so I wasn't always decked out in black tshirts, but I def. didn't want that, haha.

(look what i've come to, bitching about merch and shit man; i blame it on my mood)
brandleys;
Death Defying
brandleys;
August 20th, 2010 at 12:40am
Ah. Well, I kind of just like colour-less clothes, sort of. I don't know. They just seem fine to me. I'm not going to get them anyways- I don't really feel comfortable wearing white.
StillNoUsername
Killjoy
StillNoUsername
August 20th, 2010 at 02:44am
I agree about the scene comment. These shirts are really just like the merch every other band is putting out right now, and every other kid is wearing. And I've always disliked those shirts, not just because it's trendy but because I honestly don't like the designs or aesthetic. I hope when gerard was talking about how they want to be just a straight up rock'n'roll band again, he didn't think that this is what rock'n'roll looks like today.

You're right, there is a lot of palpable negativity in the air, I'm trying not to be biased about stuff. It's hard though when we're reduced to judging an entire new era of MCR by just a tshirt, because they won't give us any stinkin information. Also, the longer they take to make this album, the better I'm going to expect it to be. And so at this point, it's basically got to be the second coming of Jesus. Which I don't think it can be, so, I'm ready for disappointment Sad
skeleton00x
Jazz Hands
skeleton00x
August 20th, 2010 at 11:02am
lycia.:

As for Galactic Destroyer being related to the Umbrella Academy, if that ended up being true I'd kinda not like it. He said that TUA and MCR were two separate entities. And it's a weird title but they're weird people so...

Yeah I know. :/
I guess I meant that the Umbrella Academy changed the style of writing.
Sorry for not explaining it better. haha
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
August 20th, 2010 at 12:17pm
To bring up the "Monsters" thing again:

I don't think it's the title. Monsters reminds me of Matchbook Romance's song. It's also too closely intertwined with Lady Gaga and her "little monsters" and the Fame Monster, the Monster Ball, etc, etc. Gaga currently has the... entitlement I guess to use Monsters, kinda her little copyrighted thing for the time now. If anybody used it I think it would come off in a negative way and "omg how dare you copy Gaga!!", you'd think record execs would realize this.
brandleys;
Death Defying
brandleys;
August 20th, 2010 at 02:26pm
^Exactly what I was thinking. Anything to do with 'monsters' I guess belongs to Gaga, at least for a while. As I said before, it would be kind of odd if they had it titled 'Monsters.'
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
August 20th, 2010 at 03:17pm
murder tramp;:
^Exactly what I was thinking. Anything to do with 'monsters' I guess belongs to Gaga, at least for a while. As I said before, it would be kind of odd if they had it titled 'Monsters.'
lmfao i missed that you said that originally, sorry.