Don't have an account? Create one!

Danger Days: The True Lives of the Fabulous Killjoys

AuthorMessage
diagonal prayers
Bulletproof Heart
diagonal prayers
November 29th, 2010 at 10:35pm
yea, what the heck happened to the killjoys after grace got captured and before they went to save her?
they're practically falling apart

frank has scars
frank has an arm brace
ray has an eyepatch

are there any more injuries?
CupcakeSuicide
Thinking Happy Thoughts
CupcakeSuicide
November 29th, 2010 at 10:39pm
Maybe Gerard said that the next video will be different because they will have a flashback to what happened? Were they really that injured?
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
November 29th, 2010 at 10:49pm
I give up trying to keep up with this stuff, lol. XD
it's seriously that confusing.

I don't think that at the end of Na Na Na is the same thing that happened at the end of Sing if you get what I'm trying to say. Like what happened to them at the end of NNN wasn't repeated in Sing... I saw some theories that if they were like that in NNN that was what happened again in Sing...

I think NNN might have been a warning to them that if they continue doing whatever they do that the punishment would be worse... and in Sing... when they continued... they got what Korse "warned" them of.

This is poorly worded but I'm trying to make it coherent.
Yekith
Jazz Hands
Yekith
November 30th, 2010 at 03:53am
Well, at the end of Na Na Na we only see them on the floor, but we don't really get to see what was done to them exactly. I do think the injuries they show in the SING are the consequence of whatever was done to them in the previous video.
Need to know.
Salute You in Your Grave
Need to know.
November 30th, 2010 at 10:26am
Ahhh, I got the album today =DD I got so excited that I couldn't open the package x] And I was quite surprised with the Mad Gear Ep because I wasn't sure what to expect. Both cd's cover art is amazing! Especially the BLI logo being crossed out from the Ep - that's just brilliant Very Happy
paradox;
Demolition Lover
paradox;
November 30th, 2010 at 10:40am
I thought of something last night...

Maybe Korse left them alive at the end of Na Na Na because he knew that if he shot one of them, the other three would probably muster up enough strength to fight back and would end up killing him. Whereas, if he made them come to him (and most of the police force) at the S/C/A/R/E/C/R/O/W HQ, they could easily defeat them if they wanted to because of their sheer numbers.

That sounded better in my head. I hope it made sense lol
Jtbishop
Killjoy
Jtbishop
November 30th, 2010 at 11:25am
I kinda think that the transmitter or whatever that grace was holding may have done something (it does say boom on the box). Although Grace wasn't shown as getting hurt so maybe it had some sort of forward explosion that went from the front of the box that hit the Killjoys and Korse and the Draculoids. She may have been trying to prevent violence from occuring but it backfired and hurt the Killjoys more than it hurt Korse and the Draculoids.

I'd say she's definitely the passivist in this world. She doesn't take up arms in the battle of SING and she is never shot at.
Need to know.
Salute You in Your Grave
Need to know.
November 30th, 2010 at 03:20pm
Paradox.:
I thought of something last night...

Maybe Korse left them alive at the end of Na Na Na because he knew that if he shot one of them, the other three would probably muster up enough strength to fight back and would end up killing him. Whereas, if he made them come to him (and most of the police force) at the S/C/A/R/E/C/R/O/W HQ, they could easily defeat them if they wanted to because of their sheer numbers.

That sounded better in my head. I hope it made sense lol
But then why couldn't he simply kill all of them right there and then? He clearly had the upper-hand =/
Jtbishop
Killjoy
Jtbishop
November 30th, 2010 at 04:37pm
Maybe Grace's bomb gave off an EMP blast that ruined the ray guns!
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
November 30th, 2010 at 08:11pm
MCR are predicted to be lower on the album charts:

here were the first week predictions from the same site:
Kanye West’s Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy just got a lot brighter.

The Roc-A-Fella/IDJ renaissance hip-hop icon and awards show provocateur lives up to his own lofty ambitions with a chart-topping debut for his latest rap opus, on target for between 525-575k, surpassing all pre-release forecasts. That tops the total registered by 808s and Heartbreak, which bowed on almost the same week last year with 450k.

Cash Money/Universal Motown’s red-hot Nicki Minaj also bested pre-release predictions, with a total in the 375-425k range for her hotly anticipated debut, Pink Friday, though the upcoming Black Friday could render these estimates a little less accurate than usual.

Reprise emo-rock standard bearers My Chemical Romance’s fourth studio album, Danger Days: The True Lives of the Fabulous Killjoys, their first since 2006’s The Black Parade, is on target for between 125-150k.
====================================================

As i thought, Kanye and Minaj dominated over MCR. We forgot to take into account all the previous releases as well (such as Taylor Swift).

The official Billboard charts are updated on Thursday mornings so we'll see if they can rise a bit but... they got in the top 10 right? It's hard to compete when the whole chart is huge releases and names, and albums that were widely anticipated this time... I don't think they had much competition for TBP, nor did DD have a huge single like WTTBP was... they did good though.

Artists get a gold record for 500,000 album sales.
punkchick18
Killjoy
punkchick18
November 30th, 2010 at 10:46pm
I swear if MCR don't get a number one at some point i'm going to lose it , they deserve one .
diagonal prayers
Bulletproof Heart
diagonal prayers
November 30th, 2010 at 10:50pm
I think a lot of the new songs are very marketable so I'm sure they'll do well on the radio.
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
December 1st, 2010 at 12:18pm
They made #8 on the Billboard 200 according to billboard.com. The official chart hasn't changed yet... if nobody wants to read through the article the tl;dr version:

billboard.com:
My Chemical Romance's "Danger Days: the True Lives of the Fabulous Killjoys" bows at No. 8 with 112,000 -- the rock band's second top 10 album. The act's last studio set, 2006's "The Black Parade," started with 240,000 at No. 2.

The chart (according to the article) will be:

1. Kanye West - My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy
2. Nicki Minaj - Pink Friday
3. Susan Boyle - The Gift
4. Taylor Swift - Speak Now
5. Jackie Evancho - O Holy Night
6. Rihanna - Loud
7. Justin Bieber - My Worlds Acoustic
8. MCR - Danger Days
9. Ne-Yo - Libra Scale (just missed the number 8 spot)
10. Glee Cast - Christmas Album

I think they did pretty good, at least they got higher than Ke$ha. ;P Congrats to them though, they did good. And I wanna give a shout out to Nicki because I think she deserves her spot 100%
Finnick Odair
In the Cannibal Glow
Finnick Odair
December 1st, 2010 at 12:31pm
But Justin Bieber and Susan Boyle, what even.
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
December 1st, 2010 at 12:32pm
Party_Chemicals:
But Justin Bieber and Susan Boyle, what even.
it's obvious bieber would, his fans are a special brand of cray cray.
Finnick Odair
In the Cannibal Glow
Finnick Odair
December 1st, 2010 at 12:33pm
In 2019, the Future Is Bieberproof~
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
December 1st, 2010 at 11:33pm
1. Fuse is having all day My Chem day tomorrow starting at 10 AM ET

2. MCR and Danger Days were number 48 on NME's Top 75 Albums of 2010
full list

They/Gerard (with an odd pose like he's floating there with his leg up like the pretty ballerina he is) on are on the cover too
xxnevercominghomexx
Jazz Hands
xxnevercominghomexx
December 2nd, 2010 at 02:33am
I just came across this video from a channel called DeadPegasusOil on Youtube. We've seen this Dead Pegasus as a patch on Party Poison's jacket. Do you think the fact that they used Planetary(Go!) in this means something?
glitter geek.
Shotgun Sinner
glitter geek.
December 2nd, 2010 at 07:02am
I really don't understand Dead Pegasus' role in all of this. I've just given up on figuring shit out. I'm patient. I'll wait for the next video.
diagonal prayers
Bulletproof Heart
diagonal prayers
December 2nd, 2010 at 07:39am
I'm sure Dead Pegasus isn't official

still interesting, though.