2007 was 17 years ago
Cry
vermin
Thinking Happy Thoughts
vermin
March 19th, 2024 at 12:06am
brandleys;:
yeah it's all very concerning
i see my little nieces, i wonder if they'll ever get to play in the snow or have a snowday off from school, or if they'll ever have to buy winter clothes again
and it feels like there isn't much we as people can do, knowing the biggest contributors are major corporations that lobby our governments for less environmental protections

do you have daylight savings in your area of canada? i know there's talks to do away with it, personally i think they should, i hate it lol

yeah it was kind of baffling how little snow we had this year. it didn’t even really snow until like January either. i guess the silver lining is that our winters will get a lot milder, though snow is nice i’d be ok if it only feel once or twice in a season.. i can’t imagine how places with hotter climates are gonna be, i know we can’t do much but hopefully we can at least slow it down. crazy how our predecessors really were just like “not my problem, the future can deal with it” and no we’re in this rut.

as for daylight savings, yeah we still have it. it messed my sleeping up for a few days last time it kicked in… i think like a week or two ago. i wouldn’t mind it being abolished either and apparently there was a bill voted on but we still need Quebec and New York to approve of it before we can actually implement it.
vermin
Thinking Happy Thoughts
vermin
March 19th, 2024 at 12:09am
brandleys;:
oh yeah i grew up on holes, did a book report on it without reading the book lmao

i'm like... half done, technically, because after this i have to write a 500 word reflection @_@

i had hatchet for my book report Sad wish it was holes.

did you ever read the book tho? apparently the author made a sequel that followed Armpit after he got back into society

i hope it goes smooth! 500 words isn’t too bad… i always struggled with writing reflections though because it’s like… this whole project is a reflection of what i’ve learned, what more do you want me to say?
vermin
Thinking Happy Thoughts
vermin
March 19th, 2024 at 12:12am
brandleys;:
vermin:
bbq is great. i also like salt and vinegar, we also have the ketchup flavoured one here which is pretty good.

do you guys have the all dressed flavour in the states?

salt and vinegar is good too, i don't think i've had the ketchup one
i like sour cream and onion too

i haven't heard of all dressed, i'm not sure, what is it like?

sour cream and onion is amazing too.

all dressed is like…. its kind of like a spicy salt and vinegar with a bit of tang and less acidic/sour taste? xD

its a bit of an anomaly tbh.
vermin
Thinking Happy Thoughts
vermin
March 19th, 2024 at 12:14am
brandleys;:
oh god no
2007 was 17 years ago
Cry

back when i was in seventh grade.

time does fly quick, its a bit disheartening at times. Cry

i think nostalgia is going to be a big deal in the coming years.
brandleys;
Death Defying
brandleys;
March 19th, 2024 at 12:17am
vermin:
yeah it was kind of baffling how little snow we had this year. it didn’t even really snow until like January either. i guess the silver lining is that our winters will get a lot milder, though snow is nice i’d be ok if it only feel once or twice in a season.. i can’t imagine how places with hotter climates are gonna be, i know we can’t do much but hopefully we can at least slow it down. crazy how our predecessors really were just like “not my problem, the future can deal with it” and no we’re in this rut.

as for daylight savings, yeah we still have it. it messed my sleeping up for a few days last time it kicked in… i think like a week or two ago. i wouldn’t mind it being abolished either and apparently there was a bill voted on but we still need Quebec and New York to approve of it before we can actually implement it.

why do y'all need new york?

and yeah the selfishness of our predecessors is... baffling, to say the least
brandleys;
Death Defying
brandleys;
March 19th, 2024 at 12:22am
vermin:
i had hatchet for my book report Sad wish it was holes.

did you ever read the book tho? apparently the author made a sequel that followed Armpit after he got back into society

i hope it goes smooth! 500 words isn’t too bad… i always struggled with writing reflections though because it’s like… this whole project is a reflection of what i’ve learned, what more do you want me to say?

no, i never read the book

right now i'm working on durham county, luckily they have a shitton of info about what measures they're taking towards renewable energy so it's not been as bad as the other counties i've had to look into

yeah reflections aren't usually that bad for me, though i've had this prof before and the last class i had her with she had to give this speech about how she wasn't looking for "i didn't know this and then i learned this and so now i know this" type reflections a few times so i guess it's not uncommon to struggle with it
idr if i was writing them that way in the last class but i guess if i was i'm doing better now because she said she enjoys reading my reflections so idk
she's not gonna like reading this next one i'm guessing because i think it's gonna be shit lol
she wants this specific reflection to be written with our majors in mind, idk how i can connect this project to my major but that's a problem for future me, present me needs to do this research
brandleys;
Death Defying
brandleys;
March 19th, 2024 at 12:24am
vermin:
back when i was in seventh grade.

time does fly quick, its a bit disheartening at times. Cry

i think nostalgia is going to be a big deal in the coming years.

i was in seventh grade, too

i'm nostalgic for some things, other things not so much
i was looking through old pictures the other day and just got sad, not in a nostalgic way but thinking of ways things should have been instead of how they were
but then i started seeing a bunch of pictures of the three cats we used to have and how much i loved seeing them play together, they made it better
brandleys;
Death Defying
brandleys;
March 19th, 2024 at 12:24am
"the three cats we used to have" as in we used to have three cats, now we just have one
edie was rehomed, tibby passed away, now it's just mika
vermin
Thinking Happy Thoughts
vermin
March 19th, 2024 at 12:35am
brandleys;:
why do y'all need new york?

and yeah the selfishness of our predecessors is... baffling, to say the least

tbh im not quite sure why we need new york but i think its cuz we have the same timezone? at least that’s my guess.

yeah, thanks predecessors!
vermin
Thinking Happy Thoughts
vermin
March 19th, 2024 at 12:44am
brandleys;:
no, i never read the book

right now i'm working on durham county, luckily they have a shitton of info about what measures they're taking towards renewable energy so it's not been as bad as the other counties i've had to look into

yeah reflections aren't usually that bad for me, though i've had this prof before and the last class i had her with she had to give this speech about how she wasn't looking for "i didn't know this and then i learned this and so now i know this" type reflections a few times so i guess it's not uncommon to struggle with it
idr if i was writing them that way in the last class but i guess if i was i'm doing better now because she said she enjoys reading my reflections so idk
she's not gonna like reading this next one i'm guessing because i think it's gonna be shit lol
she wants this specific reflection to be written with our majors in mind, idk how i can connect this project to my major but that's a problem for future me, present me needs to do this research

i never read the book either. i DID try to read the sequel but never managed to finish it.

we actually have a durham region, that’s cool there’s a county with the same name. i feel like a lot of place names are reused… if that makes sense.

those type of reflections are the only kind i know of. T_T

but it sounds like you’re a good writer, my profs never told me about enjoying reading any of my stuff… except maybe once or twice in creative writing, do you have a creative writing program at your campus? maybe you could give it a shot!

hope your almost done with your work tho, for me this time of night is usually when my brain starts turning to mush.
brandleys;
Death Defying
brandleys;
March 19th, 2024 at 12:50am
vermin:
tbh im not quite sure why we need new york but i think its cuz we have the same timezone? at least that’s my guess.

yeah, thanks predecessors!

yeah that's very strange

what gives me hope though is that younger generations are trending more on the left than the right, afaik at higher rates than expected
vermin
Thinking Happy Thoughts
vermin
March 19th, 2024 at 12:50am
brandleys;:
i was in seventh grade, too

i'm nostalgic for some things, other things not so much
i was looking through old pictures the other day and just got sad, not in a nostalgic way but thinking of ways things should have been instead of how they were
but then i started seeing a bunch of pictures of the three cats we used to have and how much i loved seeing them play together, they made it better

ah sorry to hear, i haven’t looked at old pictures in a while. do you have a lot of them? i didn’t take many pictures in general, its a bit of a regret.

glad to hear you found some solace in your cats. you seemed to care very much for them.
brandleys;
Death Defying
brandleys;
March 19th, 2024 at 12:52am
vermin:
i never read the book either. i DID try to read the sequel but never managed to finish it.

we actually have a durham region, that’s cool there’s a county with the same name. i feel like a lot of place names are reused… if that makes sense.

those type of reflections are the only kind i know of. T_T

but it sounds like you’re a good writer, my profs never told me about enjoying reading any of my stuff… except maybe once or twice in creative writing, do you have a creative writing program at your campus? maybe you could give it a shot!

hope your almost done with your work tho, for me this time of night is usually when my brain starts turning to mush.

lol creative writing's my major, i was recommended to join the program when i started at this college to study japanese, i'm glad i did because it opened up a lot of opportunities for me, tho idk if i'm gonna do anything related to my degree

yeah i just finished the durham section, now i need to do a works cited and then write the reflection and then i can go to bed
luckily i took a short nap earlier today which i think probably saved me, i was falling asleep at my desk before that lol
vermin
Thinking Happy Thoughts
vermin
March 19th, 2024 at 12:52am
brandleys;:
"the three cats we used to have" as in we used to have three cats, now we just have one
edie was rehomed, tibby passed away, now it's just mika

yeah i remember reading about tibby passing. my condolences once more.

how is mika doing?
brandleys;
Death Defying
brandleys;
March 19th, 2024 at 12:56am
vermin:
ah sorry to hear, i haven’t looked at old pictures in a while. do you have a lot of them? i didn’t take many pictures in general, its a bit of a regret.

glad to hear you found some solace in your cats. you seemed to care very much for them.

i have a lot of pictures from my old phone, over 10000 on my other old phone, and then some from an even earlier phone that i looked through
we changed internet/phone companies recently and the salesman convinced me to backup my stuff to google, and i saw that i could upload stuff from my comp so i did so that i could have all my pictures in a centralized place
tho i may want to get an external drive for them, i don't like having to pay for this service every month or whatever

yeah, i wish we still had the three of them, but it wasn't feasible for us to keep edie (she was crazy, she'd bolt out the door and be missing for days, and had some litter box issues, and sister had just had a baby), and in the end there was nothing we could do for tibby

do you have pets? i don't remember
brandleys;
Death Defying
brandleys;
March 19th, 2024 at 12:57am
vermin:
yeah i remember reading about tibby passing. my condolences once more.

how is mika doing?

she's good, i showed her birds on the tv a few months ago and now she's obsessed
she's watching them now actually lol
vermin
Thinking Happy Thoughts
vermin
March 19th, 2024 at 08:14am
brandleys;:
lol creative writing's my major, i was recommended to join the program when i started at this college to study japanese, i'm glad i did because it opened up a lot of opportunities for me, tho idk if i'm gonna do anything related to my degree

yeah i just finished the durham section, now i need to do a works cited and then write the reflection and then i can go to bed
luckily i took a short nap earlier today which i think probably saved me, i was falling asleep at my desk before that lol

oh that’s awesome! i only had creative writing as a class once in a high school, i really enjoyed it but couldn’t find a way to really pursue it. i still enjoy writing though, every now and then i’ll dabble in a short story or two that i’ll eventually abandon and shove deep into my wip folder.

what kind of stories do you usually write?

if you ever would like someone to read over your stuff and/or proofread lmk!
vermin
Thinking Happy Thoughts
vermin
March 19th, 2024 at 08:21am
brandleys;:
i have a lot of pictures from my old phone, over 10000 on my other old phone, and then some from an even earlier phone that i looked through
we changed internet/phone companies recently and the salesman convinced me to backup my stuff to google, and i saw that i could upload stuff from my comp so i did so that i could have all my pictures in a centralized place
tho i may want to get an external drive for them, i don't like having to pay for this service every month or whatever

yeah, i wish we still had the three of them, but it wasn't feasible for us to keep edie (she was crazy, she'd bolt out the door and be missing for days, and had some litter box issues, and sister had just had a baby), and in the end there was nothing we could do for tibby

do you have pets? i don't remember

i think an external hard drive is a really good idea! i think the cloud services are good but if they ever go down, you lose access to all your photos. there’s also always the potential for a hack which is never fun.

yes i have one cat. a scottish fold. but she’s 13 now, so i don’t think she has much time left. kind of crazy to think that she was around for so long already.

scottish folds also have a lot of arthritis issues when they age, which sucks. Sad
vermin
Thinking Happy Thoughts
vermin
March 19th, 2024 at 08:28am
brandleys;:
she's good, i showed her birds on the tv a few months ago and now she's obsessed
she's watching them now actually lol

dang, my cat never cared for videos. i tried to get her to watch them a few times but she always lost interest after like a minute or two. T_T