Don't have an account? Create one!

What Are You Thinking

AuthorMessage
vermin
Thinking Happy Thoughts
vermin
March 19th, 2024 at 08:26pm
NotYourKindOfPeople:
I feel bad because the only times I get a lot of reading done is when I don't have wifi for a considerable amount of time. I don't want to admit I have attention span problems, but I do eventually enjoy it when I get into a physical book. I just have to do that instead of watching youtube.

i also had a lot of trouble getting into reading, i read a decent amount as a kid and i also read a lot of manga. maybe that helped a bit but it still took me a few weeks to actually stick through and read a full book start to finish.
vermin
Thinking Happy Thoughts
vermin
March 19th, 2024 at 08:27pm
NotYourKindOfPeople:

That's an awesome interpretation. lmfao

I kind of thought it was the cosmos telling me to get a chihuahua but I like yours better.

yeah, better get the scissors out and start practicing!
vermin
Thinking Happy Thoughts
vermin
March 19th, 2024 at 08:28pm
NotYourKindOfPeople:
I watched Girl with the Dogs and Shu and Tree like crazy for while (pet grooming channels).

i’ve seen a few of girl with the dogs videos, they’re interesting and kind of soothing.
NotYourKindOfPeople
In The Murder Scene
NotYourKindOfPeople
March 19th, 2024 at 08:42pm
Yeah they're nice. I miss having pets. I miss having a dog. especially.
NotYourKindOfPeople
In The Murder Scene
NotYourKindOfPeople
March 19th, 2024 at 08:42pm
I've been watching sheep sheering videos lately too. The algorithm has me on lock.
NotYourKindOfPeople
In The Murder Scene
NotYourKindOfPeople
March 19th, 2024 at 08:43pm
vermin:
NotYourKindOfPeople:
I feel bad because the only times I get a lot of reading done is when I don't have wifi for a considerable amount of time. I don't want to admit I have attention span problems, but I do eventually enjoy it when I get into a physical book. I just have to do that instead of watching youtube.

i also had a lot of trouble getting into reading, i read a decent amount as a kid and i also read a lot of manga. maybe that helped a bit but it still took me a few weeks to actually stick through and read a full book start to finish.

That makes me feel better. Samies
brandleys;
Death Defying
brandleys;
March 19th, 2024 at 08:58pm
vermin:
my cats name is chelsea, she’s doing alright for the most part. or at least she seems to be, you can’t really tell with cats sometimes.

some days she’ll have a little bit of a weird walk with her hind legs, i imagine those are the days her arthritis acts up. and then some nights she’ll be running around like she used to when she was a lot younger. xD

she seems to be meowing a lot more randomly, and sometimes still wants to play. she’s sleeping a lot more though.

do you take her to the vet regularly? that's p much all you can really do, except keep an eye on her
if you do def mention the walking thing
brandleys;
Death Defying
brandleys;
March 19th, 2024 at 08:59pm
vermin:
do you like writing fiction or not so much?

poetry is cool, i was never really good at it but it always intrigued me. how do you like it so far?

and yeah, i should definitely try looking into it more. i tried looking for some creative writing workshops a few years back but couldn’t find anything, maybe that changed now.

i do like writing fiction, i just can't lately because i'm too busy

so for years i've kept a journal of poetic thoughts of mine, things i've found myself thinking that'd sound good in a poem
i didn't need to take this course because i have most of my requirements for graduation, so i took it for fun
i found out that i suck at poetry lmao
brandleys;
Death Defying
brandleys;
March 19th, 2024 at 09:00pm
vermin:
couch potato cat. it’s nice to hear she’s doing well.

also, yeah cloud services are nice but physical is always best imo. you could also try printing all of them out too? though it sounds like you would need a lot of film and a lot of albums. xD

i actually had a thought today, maybe i'll try to put things into irl photo albums
NotYourKindOfPeople
In The Murder Scene
NotYourKindOfPeople
March 19th, 2024 at 09:06pm
Understanding poetry is essential for becoming a good writer. I took a bunch of poetry classes getting my writing degree because it was less workload lol, but once I really appreciated it and went back to narrative writing my skill level skyrocketed. Not enough writers understand that.
vermin
Thinking Happy Thoughts
vermin
March 19th, 2024 at 09:11pm
NotYourKindOfPeople:
Yeah they're nice. I miss having pets. I miss having a dog. especially.

always wanted a dog, but never managed to get one Sad

what kind of dog did you have?
vermin
Thinking Happy Thoughts
vermin
March 19th, 2024 at 09:13pm
NotYourKindOfPeople:

sheep shearing videos sounds like a satisfying watch.

and yeah! just gotta keep doing it and eventually it gets easier. like with everything else.
NotYourKindOfPeople
In The Murder Scene
NotYourKindOfPeople
March 19th, 2024 at 09:13pm
My last dog was a german shepard mix In Love She was smaller and more gold colored than a pure breed but she acted 100% like a shepard. Best dog in the whole world.
NotYourKindOfPeople
In The Murder Scene
NotYourKindOfPeople
March 19th, 2024 at 09:16pm
Maybe next time I'll get a smaller dog. I follow a basset hound blog on tumblr so like one of those.

What kind of dog would you get?
vermin
Thinking Happy Thoughts
vermin
March 19th, 2024 at 09:16pm
brandleys;:
do you take her to the vet regularly? that's p much all you can really do, except keep an eye on her
if you do def mention the walking thing

yeah i take her to the vet regularly. they’re aware of the walking thing, it’s arthritis and there’s really nothing to do about it except putting her on pain meds unfortunately.
vermin
Thinking Happy Thoughts
vermin
March 19th, 2024 at 09:19pm
brandleys;:
i do like writing fiction, i just can't lately because i'm too busy

so for years i've kept a journal of poetic thoughts of mine, things i've found myself thinking that'd sound good in a poem
i didn't need to take this course because i have most of my requirements for graduation, so i took it for fun
i found out that i suck at poetry lmao

ah, that’s fair. time is a scarce resource these days it seems. Cry

why do you think you suck at poetry? to my knowledge its not really something you can exactly be bad at since it’s just artistic expression with words.

that being said i totally suck at poetry myself. Cool
being abstract is not my forte.
NotYourKindOfPeople
In The Murder Scene
NotYourKindOfPeople
March 19th, 2024 at 09:21pm
vermin:
NotYourKindOfPeople:

sheep shearing videos sounds like a satisfying watch.

and yeah! just gotta keep doing it and eventually it gets easier. like with everything else.

I have a terrible habit of watching heartstring tugging videos of animals who are incredibly matted getting shaved and washed. It's really horrible that they were in those situations to being with, but I'm addicted to the zoomies they have afterwards. I can just feel their relief.
vermin
Thinking Happy Thoughts
vermin
March 19th, 2024 at 09:21pm
brandleys;:
i actually had a thought today, maybe i'll try to put things into irl photo albums

sounds like a good idea, could be a fun project!

i don’t have nearly enough pictures to fill an album. x_x
vermin
Thinking Happy Thoughts
vermin
March 19th, 2024 at 09:24pm
NotYourKindOfPeople:
Understanding poetry is essential for becoming a good writer. I took a bunch of poetry classes getting my writing degree because it was less workload lol, but once I really appreciated it and went back to narrative writing my skill level skyrocketed. Not enough writers understand that.

i was never good at abstract concepts. i’m sure i could produce a poem but it would he mediocre at best.

reading a lot has helped me learn a bit more about writing, it also makes sense poetry could help. maybe i should give it a shot and read some anthologies or something.
NotYourKindOfPeople
In The Murder Scene
NotYourKindOfPeople
March 19th, 2024 at 09:24pm
The one thing about photoalbum though, they can't store videos. What do with all these concert videos.