Don't have an account? Create one!

what dont you like about mcr?

AuthorMessage
Darkromance
Banned
Darkromance
January 19th, 2008 at 01:14pm
Shorty;:
i don't like how Mikey, Bob and Ray never talk in interviews..it's Like the spotlight is always on Frankie and Gee.

Yeah... it's like no one knows who they are. It's like Gerard and Mikey (especially Gerard) are getting credit for most of the work, even though it's a band, a TEAM EFFORT.

But maybe it's good though. They're not as much in the spotlight, so people aren't as nosy and into their lives as much. They have their positions in the band, but they have private lives
the sharpest lives.
Shotgun Sinner
the sharpest lives.
January 19th, 2008 at 01:21pm
Gerard talking all the time sorta bugs me. He has a lot to say, I think, so .. I guess it depends on what is being discussed.
rise_again_tomarrow
Joining The Black Parade
rise_again_tomarrow
January 19th, 2008 at 02:22pm
piece of youth.:
rise_again_tomarrow:
How Gerard is acting more like a pretty boy, WE MISS THE BAD ASS GEE who does not care about physical apperance. I also luv gees singing voice, but not his talking voice.
What proof has Gerard shown that he cares about physical appearance?

Gerard has always acted like a pretty boy pansy.

Have you seen the pic of him in j14 (I dont read it, a friend gave it to me cuz she knows im obsessed with mcr)
if not, compare these
http://forbiddenplanet.co.uk/blog/wp-content/uploads/2007/05/gerard_way.jpg
and
http://icons.iconator.com/665/ICONATOR_c1f04a8ba094d960a03d4ff3ea9dea72.jpg
compared to
http://terparpratrepar.files.wordpress.com/2006/11/gerard-way-42.jpg
and
http://www.palimpalem.com/1/My_Chemical_Romance/userfiles/1Camera3Creepy.JPG
See, i luv him and i still think hes smexy.. but.......
rise_again_tomarrow
Joining The Black Parade
rise_again_tomarrow
January 19th, 2008 at 02:26pm
cupcake:
I don't like the blonde in Gerard's hair.

If you dis on Gees hair, your not a fan! and its not blonde, its WHITE!
rise_again_tomarrow
Joining The Black Parade
rise_again_tomarrow
January 19th, 2008 at 02:27pm
Shorty;:
i don't like how Mikey, Bob and Ray never talk in interviews..it's Like the spotlight is always on Frankie and Gee.

Well, Bob is a behind the scenes guy, and Ray is pretty shy... as for Mikey, I don't know why he's not, but I do agree with you.....
rise_again_tomarrow
Joining The Black Parade
rise_again_tomarrow
January 19th, 2008 at 02:27pm
Shorty;:

Well, Bob is a behind the scenes guy, and Ray is pretty shy... as for Mikey, I don't know why he's not, but I do agree with you.....
Gerard Way.
In the Cannibal Glow
Gerard Way.
January 19th, 2008 at 02:53pm
i dont like gerard's recent behavior towards fans. he's just so cold and aloof. when people points a camera at him he;ll just ignore them and even if someone call him he'll just walk away without looking.he also refused to take pictures with fans now.

i dont know whats gotten into him. for some unknown reason i think he had become so distant from us.
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
January 19th, 2008 at 02:55pm
Maybe because most of the fans have become cold and distant towards him too.
Apathy Rocks!
Killjoy
Apathy Rocks!
January 19th, 2008 at 03:30pm
^ Agrees.

I miss the Revenge days.
bullets are hailing.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
bullets are hailing.
January 20th, 2008 at 03:30pm
Apathy Rocks!:
^ Agrees.

I miss the Revenge days.

me too. I just really miss how they were when revenge came out. now that the black parade is out, they've changed so much.
Bleeding; Juliet
Motor Baby
Bleeding; Juliet
January 20th, 2008 at 03:35pm
Gerard, I cant stand him.
He has become a disgusting man.
He has lost all his morals.
Bleeding; Juliet
Motor Baby
Bleeding; Juliet
January 20th, 2008 at 03:37pm
Gerard Way.:
i dont like gerard's recent behavior towards fans. he's just so cold and aloof. when people points a camera at him he;ll just ignore them and even if someone call him he'll just walk away without looking.he also refused to take pictures with fans now.

i dont know whats gotten into him. for some unknown reason i think he had become so distant from us.

your completely right, there are just somethings about him..

the fame has gotten to his head, and people shouldnt blame it on lyn-z or even jimmy, even jimmy hugs his fans. even jimmy is nice to them. gerard is just.... he gets me so mad.
rise_again_tomarrow
Joining The Black Parade
rise_again_tomarrow
January 20th, 2008 at 03:37pm
Yes, it's becoming less about the fans and more about the money... money changes people......
Ryro.
Salute You in Your Grave
Ryro.
January 20th, 2008 at 03:44pm
Gerard Way.:

I know... Crying or Very sad
Ryro.
Salute You in Your Grave
Ryro.
January 20th, 2008 at 03:46pm
Pumpkin Head.:
Maybe because most of the fans have become cold and distant towards him too.
good point...I WANT REVENGE DAYS BACK!!!! it makes me want to cry when I think about them then, and now....
facobasten1984
Killjoy
facobasten1984
January 21st, 2008 at 01:28am
i love gee leadership quality but its too much sumtimes that buried other characters.
and he's smoking
and he's married now ^^;; but kinda okay but uuughhhh u know....

um....
i love franks free spirit and its fun to see him kickin around but i wudn't be able to handle him if i wa sin the band LOL. his fellow friend are very patient ( BOB n TOro) and funny Mikey and Gerard seems to understand him alot so he 's ok w taht.

WEll what can u say thts MCR we love!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KYAAAAAAAAAAAA
starktreks
Devil's Got Your Number
starktreks
January 21st, 2008 at 03:04am
Infamous Backbend:
Gerard talking all the time sorta bugs me. He has a lot to say, I think, so .. I guess it depends on what is being discussed.

I agree.
Sometimes I'm like 'Dude, just let the other guys talk. mkay?'
Like, when that interview with just Frank & Mikey came up I was like Wow you know?
It's nice for the others to get a look in.
x_pansy
Motor Baby
x_pansy
January 21st, 2008 at 04:00am
Gerard Way.:

Its pretty ovbvious that he is losing touch with us because of all the bad attention he gets from 'fans'. Security has gone up around him because so many people are likely to jump him these days.
We can't blame him for that, it's not his fault.

And Im kinda sick of hearing about the whole 'Gerard talks too much thing'
I honestly don't think the other guys want to talk as much.
Frank and Gerard are naturally talkative, the rest of the boys are obviously more kept to themselves.
Somehow I don't think they mind when Gerard is talking.

But no, everyone would rather believe Gerard is some power hungry asshole than consider something else.
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
January 21st, 2008 at 10:26am
rise_again_tomarrow:
Have you seen the pic of him in j14 (I dont read it, a friend gave it to me cuz she knows im obsessed with mcr)
if not, compare these
http://forbiddenplanet.co.uk/blog/wp-content/uploads/2007/05/gerard_way.jpg
and
http://icons.iconator.com/665/ICONATOR_c1f04a8ba094d960a03d4ff3ea9dea72.jpg
compared to
http://terparpratrepar.files.wordpress.com/2006/11/gerard-way-42.jpg
and
http://www.palimpalem.com/1/My_Chemical_Romance/userfiles/1Camera3Creepy.JPG
See, i luv him and i still think hes smexy.. but.......
Uh? So changing his looks makes him "pretty boy-ish" and caring only about his looks? Well gee, what other people have changed their looks? Mikey... Frank.. Ray... Bob... lol, why isn't it them too? The first picture he was at a major award show. You have to look nice at those things.

If you're upset with him because he changes his looks... well sucks to be you then.
rise_again_tomarrow:
Yes, it's becoming less about the fans and more about the money... money changes people......
Prove that they only care about the money.

---

I don't get this. Gerard does nothing more than what the other members do, yet it's always his fault. Idrc if he's the lead singer, it's bull.
Faye Merci
Salute You in Your Grave
Faye Merci
January 21st, 2008 at 01:16pm
So I suppose i'd add a rebuttal to the whole "I hate how Gerard talks so much" thing.

While it is true that he's cut off his bandmates before, it's his job. Sorry to break it to anyone, but that's what the frontman does. He fronts the questions and answers and the image of the band. He's not in charge, but he's certainly the person whom is expected to take the limelight. That's why it's always strange when the singer isn't the frontman.

He's just doing what is expected of him.

Also, people have been remarking they want the revenge days back, back when Gerard was more "personal" with the fans. I'll state this for you guys. As a band gets bigger, they tend to talk to less and less fans. Think about it, when you've only been a band a couple years and the biggest shows you've played are festivals, you're going to be pretty friendly because you want a bigger fan base. You're probably more likely to go out in the hot or cold weather and stand there and shake people's hands and take photos. Then, a couple more years later, when you've gotten famous, it gets harder. You've got to remember that even though it's the fan's first time (usually) to get this band's signature, this is the band's millionth-plus-one time to sign stuff. It does get old. Most bands just give up at this height of fame. I'm actually thankful that the guys still try to keep in touch. And personally I don't blame Gerard for being a bit more distant. His fan base has grown so differently than he had been used to. Now the fans are more about "take off your shirt" than "i like that song". People are more hostile and easily judge him and his bandmates. Fans tend to allow themselves the illusion that they know him as a person, when really, we only know Gerard when he's performing or being interviewed. Sure, we've got glances into his life, but it's not like we have enough to actually judge him. So the guy probably feels trapped by all the attention. I mean, think about it. He's got to appease everyone. The other band-members do too, but I don't think on the same scale.

That's my offer of an explanation, anyways.

edit: So this isn't spam, i'll go ahead and say that I don't like how short Ray's guitar solos have become. I hope the new songs have some solos in them.