Don't have an account? Create one!

what dont you like about mcr?

AuthorMessage
Ryshika
Killjoy
Ryshika
January 21st, 2008 at 11:42pm
^^ i totally agree with u! im sure the guys adore and love their fans but time does not permit them to mingle much...

anyway..i hate that the concert seems way too short..at least for me..and yeah ray's guitar solo have been quite short.
vam_phire
Killjoy
vam_phire
January 22nd, 2008 at 08:21am
that i never really hear them on the radio or see them that much on tv...
gerard....i luv gerard...
vam_phire
Killjoy
vam_phire
January 22nd, 2008 at 08:23am
Faye Merci:
So I suppose i'd add a rebuttal to the whole "I hate how Gerard talks so much" thing.

While it is true that he's cut off his bandmates before, it's his job. Sorry to break it to anyone, but that's what the frontman does. He fronts the questions and answers and the image of the band. He's not in charge, but he's certainly the person whom is expected to take the limelight. That's why it's always strange when the singer isn't the frontman.

He's just doing what is expected of him.

Also, people have been remarking they want the revenge days back, back when Gerard was more "personal" with the fans. I'll state this for you guys. As a band gets bigger, they tend to talk to less and less fans. Think about it, when you've only been a band a couple years and the biggest shows you've played are festivals, you're going to be pretty friendly because you want a bigger fan base. You're probably more likely to go out in the hot or cold weather and stand there and shake people's hands and take photos. Then, a couple more years later, when you've gotten famous, it gets harder. You've got to remember that even though it's the fan's first time (usually) to get this band's signature, this is the band's millionth-plus-one time to sign stuff. It does get old. Most bands just give up at this height of fame. I'm actually thankful that the guys still try to keep in touch. And personally I don't blame Gerard for being a bit more distant. His fan base has grown so differently than he had been used to. Now the fans are more about "take off your shirt" than "i like that song". People are more hostile and easily judge him and his bandmates. Fans tend to allow themselves the illusion that they know him as a person, when really, we only know Gerard when he's performing or being interviewed. Sure, we've got glances into his life, but it's not like we have enough to actually judge him. So the guy probably feels trapped by all the attention. I mean, think about it. He's got to appease everyone. The other band-members do too, but I don't think on the same scale.

That's my offer of an explanation, anyways.

edit: So this isn't spam, i'll go ahead and say that I don't like how short Ray's guitar solos have become. I hope the new songs have some solos in them.

are u saying that gerard doesnt luv us anymore???
OR BOB OR FRANK OR MIKEY OR RAY? """TEARS"""
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
January 22nd, 2008 at 08:59am
Madeleine FTW! Very Happy

I was pointing out to someone just yesterday how amazed I am that bands like MCR and A7X still do their very best to make contact with fans, whereas other bands by this stage just dodge them. I have run into people who have been hugged by Mikey and Gerard for no reason as early as a few months ago. So...yeah...
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
January 22nd, 2008 at 09:13am
vam_phire:
are u saying that gerard doesnt luv us anymore???
OR BOB OR FRANK OR MIKEY OR RAY? """TEARS"""
No, I believe she said quite the opposite.
Gee-Bear Whore
Motor Baby
Gee-Bear Whore
January 23rd, 2008 at 04:46am
I hate that My Chem dont come to NZ more often.
annaaloves
Bleeding on the Floor
annaaloves
January 23rd, 2008 at 02:38pm
i don't like the fact that the gigs are less intimate
i mean don't get me wrong i think the arena gigs are AMAZING but i think smaller gigs are alot better
and i don't like how some fans turn their noses up at other fans
writerGrrl
Salute You in Your Grave
writerGrrl
January 23rd, 2008 at 04:18pm
I didn't like their decision to cancel their Colombian show so they could be in the US. They go to the US every year but I don't think they've ever been to Colombia.
(I'm not Colombian, just sympathizing.)
Girl_Anachronism
Joining The Black Parade
Girl_Anachronism
June 5th, 2008 at 07:54pm
I love all of them equally, but Gerard seriously needs to get out of the spotlight. It seems like before any interview, Gee turns them all on mute. Has this bugged anyone else like really badly? Even Frankie hardly talks in some interviews! It's like, spread the love fellas! You all have something to say!
Sweet Iced Tea
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Sweet Iced Tea
June 5th, 2008 at 08:21pm
Faye Merci:
So I suppose i'd add a rebuttal to the whole "I hate how Gerard talks so much" thing.

While it is true that he's cut off his bandmates before, it's his job. Sorry to break it to anyone, but that's what the frontman does. He fronts the questions and answers and the image of the band. He's not in charge, but he's certainly the person whom is expected to take the limelight. That's why it's always strange when the singer isn't the frontman.

He's just doing what is expected of him.

Also, people have been remarking they want the revenge days back, back when Gerard was more "personal" with the fans. I'll state this for you guys. As a band gets bigger, they tend to talk to less and less fans. Think about it, when you've only been a band a couple years and the biggest shows you've played are festivals, you're going to be pretty friendly because you want a bigger fan base. You're probably more likely to go out in the hot or cold weather and stand there and shake people's hands and take photos. Then, a couple more years later, when you've gotten famous, it gets harder. You've got to remember that even though it's the fan's first time (usually) to get this band's signature, this is the band's millionth-plus-one time to sign stuff. It does get old. Most bands just give up at this height of fame. I'm actually thankful that the guys still try to keep in touch. And personally I don't blame Gerard for being a bit more distant. His fan base has grown so differently than he had been used to. Now the fans are more about "take off your shirt" than "i like that song". People are more hostile and easily judge him and his bandmates. Fans tend to allow themselves the illusion that they know him as a person, when really, we only know Gerard when he's performing or being interviewed. Sure, we've got glances into his life, but it's not like we have enough to actually judge him. So the guy probably feels trapped by all the attention. I mean, think about it. He's got to appease everyone. The other band-members do too, but I don't think on the same scale.

That's my offer of an explanation, anyways.

edit: So this isn't spam, i'll go ahead and say that I don't like how short Ray's guitar solos have become. I hope the new songs have some solos in them.

Agreed.
And a crazed,12 year old teenie,might run up to him,hug him,shove tongue in his mouth,and shove their hands in his pants.Then start going WHY THE HELL DID YOU MARRY LYN-Z ?!?!?!? Neutral
And the "poor mikey" video is so funny Mr. Green
jay!
Bleeding on the Floor
jay!
June 5th, 2008 at 08:24pm
I hate that the band never comes anywhere near where I live.
(Or any band, for that matter)
Sweet Iced Tea
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Sweet Iced Tea
June 5th, 2008 at 08:25pm
I shouldn't have quoted that,it's so long.Sorry.
And HAPPY BIRTHDAY Deb!!!!!!!!!!!!
"hands you a slice of cake"
Adorkable.
Motor Baby
Adorkable.
June 5th, 2008 at 08:33pm
It might be just me, or did Gerard's singing voice get different, I mean, you can still tell it's him, but...it's different. And I liked it the way it was. (Not saying I don't like his singing. I love him, love them all, to death. But not icky, teenie bopper love. Like, "they're amazing, real, awesome people" love. /end rant)
JadeTiger712
Motor Baby
JadeTiger712
June 6th, 2008 at 09:11am
I don't like how some of them smoke. That's just not cool, but it is their choice
the constant.
Bulletproof Heart
the constant.
June 6th, 2008 at 11:40am
JadeTiger712:
I don't like how some of them smoke. That's just not cool, but it is their choice
& them smoking on stage =/
LauraRAWR
Killjoy
LauraRAWR
June 6th, 2008 at 01:02pm
I don't like it that they changed from punk to like something diffrent. I miss the old days.
vampire kitteh :3
Thinking Happy Thoughts
June 6th, 2008 at 02:08pm
/.\Kaiser/.\Chief/.\:
Unknown Angel:
Starless Eyes Remain:
i don't like how Mikey, Bob and Ray never talk in interviews..it's Like the spotlight is always on Frankie and Gee.

Same here! Its always Gerard and Frank that does all the talking. I would like to hear what the others have to say. Mikey speaks up only once in awhile and Bob never talks.

Yea i agree with them.^ And i dont get why in most bands the drummer isnt really as popular as the others. Crying or Very sad I mean arent they as important as everyone else in the band???<<<that whole point was about bob.

yea me 2. like i was watching the 'im not okay (i promise)' vid and i noticed how bob wasnt in that at all... only in the background when it showed them playing in the garage. Crying or Very sad and the helena vid, and 'the ghost of you' vid ect. not fair Crying or Very sad
Thinking Happy Thoughts
June 6th, 2008 at 02:10pm
Mad As Rabbits:
It might be just me, or did Gerard's singing voice get different, I mean, you can still tell it's him, but...it's different.

i thought i was the only one who noticed that.... Neutral
Complication
Fabulous Killjoy
Complication
June 6th, 2008 at 02:16pm
I just wish they would still swear but just a little less so my mom would be more approving.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
June 6th, 2008 at 02:21pm
vam_phire:
that i never really hear them on the radio or see them that much on tv...
gerard....i luv gerard...

i kno its like no one on tv or the radio has heard of them (motherfuckers) and the storez in my area dont hve any MCRness!!!!! ITS ALL FUCKIN HANNAH MONTANA!!!! (except 4 five below, they had like 5 different styles of black parade posterz yay Very Happy ) and if they r on TV i always miss it Sad and they hvent played in my area at all lately

oh, and of course i hate how they (well actually all bands do this) play their most popular song at a one time show or on the radio. the most popular one isnt the only good one... and i understand why they do this but for me the most popular song gets old and annoying and i stop liking it. Crying or Very sad