Don't have an account? Create one!

is mcr going mainstream a good thing?

AuthorMessage
House of Llamas
Fabulous Killjoy
House of Llamas
March 24th, 2007 at 05:20pm
Being famous is good, but I get sick of all the preps going all "OMG, I love Welcome to the Black Parade"
Adorkable.
Motor Baby
Adorkable.
March 24th, 2007 at 05:21pm
yea, cuz that's all they love!

Crikedy...they wouldn't know a real mcr song if it bit em on the nose.
House of Llamas
Fabulous Killjoy
House of Llamas
March 24th, 2007 at 05:23pm
I know! While they're spazzing over the song, I'm just like, you don't even know anything about them if that's all you know.
Adorkable.
Motor Baby
Adorkable.
March 24th, 2007 at 05:24pm
yea...as I've said before, teenies need to take an eggplant to the head. Very Happy hehe and I'll gladly go get some eggplants...Very Happy
don't aim to please.
Banned
don't aim to please.
March 24th, 2007 at 07:29pm
I atually don't mind if the preps notice MCR. They can like whatever they want and it doesn't bother me, know why? I don't hang with them, I don't talk to them, so I haven't a clue what they like and dislike. And I don't care to know.
Adorkable.
Motor Baby
Adorkable.
March 24th, 2007 at 07:44pm
I mind that there's a ton of people going around saying "I LUV MCR!! JARED WAY IS SOOOO HOTT!!". they make me sick. AND they don't even know the guys NAME!

Crikedy.
GhouliaYelps
Jazz Hands
GhouliaYelps
March 24th, 2007 at 09:08pm
i dont have a problem with mcr becoming mainstream.....but i dont think they could stay mainstream for long because they are to freakin good for that scene.... but what i do hate is when people who call themselves fans ditch the band when a couple of the songs get some mainstream recognition, even though the bad stays true to their sound.
Butters
Salute You in Your Grave
Butters
March 24th, 2007 at 09:11pm
MassConvulsions:
Being famous is good, but I get sick of all the preps going all "OMG, I love Welcome to the Black Parade"

yes that pisses me off so much they are all like "omg mcr are one of my fav bands of ALLLLL time!!!!" feel like punching them in the face! ARRGHHH!
MCR Way Bros
Jazz Hands
MCR Way Bros
March 24th, 2007 at 10:23pm
It can be good and bad.

The hardcore fans like us get to see and hear more of them on TV, online, etc. The band had gained more fans that aren't teenies. We get to meet MCR fans, if the band wasn't mainstream, we might be the only MCR fans in our schools or towns. Also, My Chem probably likes being happy and popular being mainstream. But we also have to suffer meeting all the teenies. If MCR wasn't mainstream there would be less teenies, but also probably less [real] fans. If hardly anyone has heard of them, then the band won't have a strong fan base and won't make money from CDs. You get a good feeling when you seem like the only person in your neighborhood, school, town, etc. who is a fan of a band like MCR. When they are mainstream, they are very popular. They gain more fans, teenies and haters.
Amanda Young
Bleeding on the Floor
Amanda Young
March 25th, 2007 at 07:10am
I think it's a good thing, because the more famous they are the more they will sell. But also I don't care who else likes them, I'll always be a huge fan. Smile
Mrs.Halloween
Salute You in Your Grave
Mrs.Halloween
March 25th, 2007 at 07:17am
^ it's not all about selling records though.
them being mainstream is good in a way because so many more people can hear and experience their music, even though 'teenies' can be quite annoying, but i think the pros outweigh the cons.
Quinn Allman
Salute You in Your Grave
Quinn Allman
March 25th, 2007 at 12:52pm
But the other question is...is mainstream going to change MCR? Are they going to become cocky? Fame changes people. Sometimes for the worse.

Not saying this is definite. But it's possible.
clumsy heart.
Banned
clumsy heart.
March 25th, 2007 at 03:13pm
They deserve it,
its so stupid how some people hate them because theyre a bit mainstrem.
there's a reason its like that,
they're that damn good.
Pumpkin Peazy
Bulletproof Heart
Pumpkin Peazy
March 25th, 2007 at 03:21pm
pqiejwk;cmwv:
They deserve it,
its so stupid how some people hate them because theyre a bit mainstrem.
there's a reason its like that,
they're that damn good.

I have to agree. I know a girl who will quit listening to band because of it. And she said that mcr sucked! I nearly jumped her. Just because they get played on the radio a little more doesn't mean they aren't My chemical romance! If anything I enjoy it. Because it makes them more available to me.
Quinn Allman
Salute You in Your Grave
Quinn Allman
March 25th, 2007 at 05:16pm
I would never quit listening to them no matter what. Even if Gerard killed somebody I wouldn't stop listening.
rockonbaby
Thinking Happy Thoughts
rockonbaby
March 25th, 2007 at 05:26pm
Give Them Blood:
But the other question is...is mainstream going to change MCR? Are they going to become cocky? Fame changes people. Sometimes for the worse.

Not saying this is definite. But it's possible.

That's my worst fear of MCR. I can't stand conceited people. But the thing is, sometimes fans confuse their exhaustion or inability to do something (under certain circumstances) for arrogance. Just because the band weren't able to meet the fans, or some of them aren't extremely hyper and happy to the fans doesn't make them cocky bastards. But whatever, if they do get offended and if more fans do decide to ditch MCR, that's good for me and some other fans. More for us Very Happy

Btw, MCR deserves all the fame and recognition they are getting. A band that good couldn't possibly have gone unnoticed or stayed small.
Plus, it's not like they're doing a whole bunch of sht to get themselves noticed and make even more money. They just do what they want and what makes them happy and somehow they still keep getting more famous.
Quinn Allman
Salute You in Your Grave
Quinn Allman
March 25th, 2007 at 07:24pm
I honestly don't think they are conceited, just so you know.

It's just a thought...and it happens.
X_meese_X
Fabulous Killjoy
X_meese_X
March 25th, 2007 at 08:08pm
We also have to consider that though the members of My Chem aren't conceited, those who care only for record sales are. In other words no money/mainstream attention = no big CDs. Then they go back to Eyeball Records or some smaller company. And though all of us would hunt down the CD and buy umpteen copies, and though we are large in numbers, we couldn't support them.

Teenies need to be bashed with eggplants, but they have to buy the CD first.
Adorkable.
Motor Baby
Adorkable.
March 25th, 2007 at 09:25pm
HEHE you go meese!
Hehe
go eggplants!
hehe
yes, I think I'd love them no matter what.
Illuminatist
Salute You in Your Grave
Illuminatist
March 25th, 2007 at 11:57pm
being on mainstream isnt bad at all..it only shows that a lot of people appreciates their songs and their hard work is totally paying off..

i just hope that MCR would still be humble as they are when i first knew them..cuz that would be a scary part with every band going mainstream..they get shitty on their heads