Don't have an account? Create one!

Animal Testing/Abuse/cruelty

AuthorMessage
Historia.
Bleeding on the Floor
Historia.
August 6th, 2007 at 05:24pm
If The Testing Is For A Disease, Like Cancer, I'm For It.
You Can't Expect The Human Race To Be Entirely Selfless.
I Think People, Especially Those That Have Lost Loved Ones To Diseases, Would Be Fine With Testing Cures On Animals If It Meant Preventing Any More Losses.

I'm Against Testing Cosmetics And Other Such Products, It's Not Worth Harming An Animal For Something We Don't Actually Need.
AmberHurley
Fabulous Killjoy
AmberHurley
August 8th, 2007 at 07:19pm
i totally agree with nikki 100%
ChildVision
Really Not Okay
ChildVision
August 10th, 2007 at 04:57pm
killing of any animal for human benifits is not cool. Why should animals die for humans? Besides a Whale parent is affected if their child dies too.
ChildVision
Really Not Okay
ChildVision
August 10th, 2007 at 04:58pm
and if one animal species dies out than another will then another its the chain line and animals cant stop us screwing up their lives. Just leave them alone.
Fezzik
Salute You in Your Grave
Fezzik
August 10th, 2007 at 05:12pm
^Seeing as it's scientists doing the tests, I don't think they'd be stupid to test an animal into extinction.

And me personally, I don't think it's cool for millions of humans to die for the sake of a few animals - the vast majority of which are rats, fruit flies, and nematodes. But that's just me.
ChildVision
Really Not Okay
ChildVision
August 10th, 2007 at 05:15pm
im not just talking about the test that scientists do. More about poachers and the fact we kill animals for meat.
Fezzik
Salute You in Your Grave
Fezzik
August 10th, 2007 at 05:16pm
^Ah, sorry. That's just been the topic here for so long I'd forgotten we could talk about anything else on this thread. Razz

Notspam: I don't agree with hunting / poaching either - it's not like anyone's going out there to feed their families; some people don't even use the meat. But in some cases I don't think it's too terrible. The deer population around here and father north is getting really bad, and the deer will eat all the grass and leaves from their habitat and keep breeding at the same rate. I'd prefer more humane methods, but a lot of people are really passionate about hunting, and as long as they have the proper permits and are hunting at the proper time, etc., I don't have a huge problem with them hunting deer. I'd never be able to do it, but in cases like that it's necessary, it's dead cheap for the government (they're actually making some money off it), and it keeps the hunters of the world happy.
DeadInTheWater
Fabulous Killjoy
DeadInTheWater
August 12th, 2007 at 01:49am
Morning Saddness:
I Think People, Especially Those That Have Lost Loved Ones To Diseases, Would Be Fine With Testing Cures On Animals If It Meant Preventing Any More Losses.

I'm Against Testing Cosmetics And Other Such Products, It's Not Worth Harming An Animal For Something We Don't Actually Need.

i agree with this, i always try to avoid using cosmetics and toiletries that are tested on animals.

i also agree with the thought that testing on animals is acceptable when it is for sures for life threatening diseases like cancer, however when animals are tested on there are ways to make the testing as painless and as least stressful as possible for the animals. I feel that testing on animals without these kind of precautions in place, IS wrong, whatever the testing is for
UndyingSoul.
Really Not Okay
UndyingSoul.
August 12th, 2007 at 01:52am
Morning Saddness:

I agree. Humans should be put above animals, but we should only kill them for good reasons.
Carrie White
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Carrie White
August 12th, 2007 at 02:01am
^ yea, stupid things like hairspray we can leave to humans
but serious test that will benifit us, we can test on animals.
i mean losing human life is terrible, and animals mate constantly. they can sure up the numbers.
but we need to have a good reason for killing a animal.
UndyingSoul.
Really Not Okay
UndyingSoul.
August 12th, 2007 at 02:03am
Girl next door:
^ yea, stupid things like hairspray we can leave to humans
but serious test that will benifit us, we can test on animals.
i mean losing human life is terrible, and animals mate constantly. they can sure up the numbers.
but we need to have a good reason for killing a animal.

totally. As long as the test wont physically hurt the human, then go ahead and find someone willing to do it!

I feel like your always their to back me up Wink
Mindfuck
Always Born a Crime
Mindfuck
August 12th, 2007 at 02:34am
I absolutely do not agree with animal testing... it is unnecessary. For example, the shampoo and conditioner that I use is not tested on animals... and it works fine for me. So why are other products tested on animals? It doesn't make sense.

Animal abuse in the meat and dairy industry is also horrific. But, even though I am a vegan, I do not have anything against eating meat. The thing I am against is the way we treat the animals before they die... it's horrible to say the least. We should at least have the dignity to treat them properly before leading them off to the slaughterhouse.
UndyingSoul.
Really Not Okay
UndyingSoul.
August 12th, 2007 at 02:38am
PlushToy:
I absolutely do not agree with animal testing... it is unnecessary. For example, the shampoo and conditioner that I use is not tested on animals... and it works fine for me. So why are other products tested on animals? It doesn't make sense.

Animal abuse in the meat and dairy industry is also horrific. But, even though I am a vegan, I do not have anything against eating meat. The thing I am against is the way we treat the animals before they die... it's horrible to say the least. We should at least have the dignity to treat them properly before leading them off to the slaughterhouse.

But remember, most animals are bred just to give milk/eggs and be eaten, or just be eaten. So if people didn't eat them, then they wouldn't exist in the first place. But I do agree that they shouldn't be treated so cruelly before being killed.
Wolf Child
Killjoy
Wolf Child
August 12th, 2007 at 10:30pm
I dont think that if everyone (given afew exeptions) here is aganst animal testing why are we just sat here talking about it when animals are being tested on now alover the world
Carrie White
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Carrie White
August 12th, 2007 at 10:48pm
Wolf Child:
I dont think that if everyone (given afew exeptions) here is aganst animal testing why are we just sat here talking about it when animals are being tested on now alover the world

lots of people have and are protesting right now against animal testing. and most of the people who do animals testing on useless things have stopped and have went to humans. but like others have said the testing is mostly on rats and other rodents, and like i have said animals mate constantly so they can and will sure up the numbers. we need the animals for serious experiments for cures on diseases. we cant kill a human to find a cure for a disease thats killing a human.
DIE! DIE! DIE!
Bleeding on the Floor
DIE! DIE! DIE!
August 13th, 2007 at 03:13am
Y'all have no idea how much I want to smack those protesters in the face. They clearly have no idea how far animal testing has brought us in modern medicine.

THEY say "poor animals"

I say "Poor 8 year old child with a deadly disease that just wants to run and play with her friends", or "poor 35 year old woman with 6 kids that she is unable to take care of because of her health"

We are humans. As humans, we should put our survival as the number one priority. No one will miss a few rats: but one death can affect the lives of 100s.

Cosmetic testing for animals is dropping like crazy. Most animal testing these days is for what really matters.
littlejeka
Generation Nothing
littlejeka
August 14th, 2007 at 12:40am
^^ I agree.
There was this lady who was against animal testing, but one day, she was in an acident and she had to use this special medication to get better. What she didn't know was that it was tested on animals. So when she found out, she didn't complain or anything, especially when they asked her what she thought about it.
Yes it's horrible how we have to use animals for our own survivial, but when it's your life that is in danger, you won't complain. Animal testing is why we're still alive. I just hope there's another way in which we can test all these things.
Historia.
Bleeding on the Floor
Historia.
August 15th, 2007 at 11:24am
LoversHeartDisease:
Y'all have no idea how much I want to smack those protesters in the face. They clearly have no idea how far animal testing has brought us in modern medicine.

THEY say "poor animals"

I say "Poor 8 year old child with a deadly disease that just wants to run and play with her friends", or "poor 35 year old woman with 6 kids that she is unable to take care of because of her health"

We are humans. As humans, we should put our survival as the number one priority. No one will miss a few rats: but one death can affect the lives of 100s.

Cosmetic testing for animals is dropping like crazy. Most animal testing these days is for what really matters.

I Agree. Completely.
Wolf Child
Killjoy
Wolf Child
August 15th, 2007 at 09:07pm
I have incredibly strange views on things like you shouldent test on animals even if it means thet people will die and yes i am aware that my spelling is rubbishqf
Donald Trefusis
In The Murder Scene
Donald Trefusis
August 16th, 2007 at 12:44pm
Animals can cope of dying with cancers and diseases and stuff..
Why can't we? (I'm cold I know.)

And you can actually make sure stuff like that is safe without testing on animals and it's meant to be less expensive too.

I don't think that animal testing is fair but that's my POV anyways...