Don't have an account? Create one!

Animal Testing/Abuse/cruelty

AuthorMessage
Fezzik
Salute You in Your Grave
Fezzik
August 28th, 2007 at 01:37am
^Er, 'developed' is probably the wrong word. They might have come up with it on accident, I dunno, but they had to test it before they gave it to people. Which required mice (scroll down to 1945 on this). They could've accidentally come up with poison, after all.
Elwood.
Fabulous Killjoy
Elwood.
August 28th, 2007 at 02:46am
I think it's something like the main ingredient in penicillin was discovered by accident. The drug itself was perfected via animal testing. I don't think they would let you administer some random untested drug to sick people unless you've got proof it works.
vampireBITE
Killjoy
vampireBITE
August 29th, 2007 at 05:09pm
aaaaaaaaw, i can't stand to think of people abusing animals. i'm not vegetarian or anything, but people deliberatly setting out to hurt animals sickens me.i can't imagine how anyone can do that to another living thing for no reason.there again if i was allowed i would probably take in every animal without a home. i swear they can tell i'm a pushover.
Emma Loves MCR
Killjoy
Emma Loves MCR
August 29th, 2007 at 05:41pm
completly against it
maybe it does help some times but thats no excuse to that to them
Fezzik
Salute You in Your Grave
Fezzik
August 29th, 2007 at 08:47pm
^What, animal testing? Because actually, I'm quite sure saving millions of lives is a good excuse.
mysuicidalromance00
Killjoy
mysuicidalromance00
August 30th, 2007 at 12:49am
Well, if it's for discovering the cure for like parvo, feline luekemia, wettail, stuff like that you should be able to use the animal, but if it's for trying out make-up or something leave the poor animal alone, becuase that should be considered animal abuse.
bitten
Killjoy
bitten
August 30th, 2007 at 09:50pm
i dont care if its to cure a desize or make-up...no animal should be tested on any product that is for humans...........what if the decided to test animal products on humans?...........its just plain wrong
jonas erik altberg.
Banned
jonas erik altberg.
August 30th, 2007 at 09:55pm
Im a vegan
So i just think they should ban animal testing and stuff likee that :'(
Fezzik
Salute You in Your Grave
Fezzik
August 31st, 2007 at 12:52am
^"Stuff like that" as in, medical research that has already saved and bettered millions of lives?
DIE! DIE! DIE!
Bleeding on the Floor
DIE! DIE! DIE!
August 31st, 2007 at 08:01pm
Your 12. That means in a few years, if we never tested on animals, probably about 1/3 of your friends would be dead.
Carrie White
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Carrie White
August 31st, 2007 at 10:57pm
^ will you two calm down. she likes animals, that's it, stop making this a bigger deal than it has to be.

animal testing is only wrong when it for cosmetics and useless crap. and Frank_is_sexy, when you post you have to give more details on your opinion, if you don't then you'll be attacked. do you think its wrong in general or do you think its wrong for cosmetics?
LivingInTheShadows
Killjoy
LivingInTheShadows
September 4th, 2007 at 06:22pm
aye i am alright with zoos if they are going to help replenish the population of that species but seal clubbing? we should go and beat those people who do that with clubs! thwy suck.....k then
mcrobsessive1
Killjoy
mcrobsessive1
September 4th, 2007 at 06:32pm
i'm not sure how i feel about animal testing because sometimes its to cure diseasesbut other times its for cosmetic reasons and i am dead against that as i am an animal lover so if it is for cosmetic research then its wrongand if any other research done isdone humanely then its not that bad but idprefer ti ifthere was no needfor animal testing.
Fezzik
Salute You in Your Grave
Fezzik
September 4th, 2007 at 07:41pm
All the simulations and things Peta likes to talk about aren't really as effective as they sound. We can only simulate what we know about the body; we don't know everything so simulations can be pretty useless. That's why the still strap cadavers into cars and smash them into walls; the can't build dummies to test on if they don't know how the human body will react. I don't think any (medical research) scientist out there would test on animals if it wasn't necessary (unless they're completely sadistic); simulations are cheaper, anyway, and don't pee on your hand.
Stripey-Stripes.
Motor Baby
Stripey-Stripes.
September 4th, 2007 at 09:15pm
Fezzik:
^"Stuff like that" as in, medical research that has already saved and bettered millions of lives?

-sigh-
Well, you've got a point meh dear, but I really hate that you're right. It just doesn't seem fair. It's like the book House of Scorpion, clones are made to be living, breathing gardens for organs. Animals rely on us as the dominant race to take care of them. It just seems wrong to abuse them in such a manner.
Fezzik
Salute You in Your Grave
Fezzik
September 4th, 2007 at 10:04pm
^It does suck, but we have to decide; either we don't kill any animals in the name of testing and let people die through our inaction, or we test on some animals (it's not as though we're wiping out species or anything) and save people in this and many future generations. It's the lesser of two evils. We have more of a duty to help our own species than any other.

(and actually just for the record, House of Scorpion is one of my favorite books ever. ^___^)
eepshyes
Shotgun Sinner
eepshyes
September 4th, 2007 at 10:29pm
bitten:
i dont care if its to cure a desize or make-up...no animal should be tested on any product that is for humans...........what if the decided to test animal products on humans?...........its just plain wrong

Has anyone close to you ever gotten a life threatening illness?
If it meant curing my sister of her cancer, I'd shoot every puppy in the entire world. Her life is more important then theirs.
There's a distinction between human life and anmial life.
Animals have no power of reason, they don't know what's going on.
xSamsKa
Killjoy
xSamsKa
September 5th, 2007 at 04:22am
Animal testing & abuse TOTALLY sucks. Wtf, test with your fucking child, not with animals.

I'm sometimes feel ashamed to be human.
genresR4losers
Motor Baby
genresR4losers
September 5th, 2007 at 04:30am
well, for medical research- depending on the conditions- i think it's okay... i think zoos are okay, after all if it weren't or zoos, there would be no pandas, as well as a few other species, that are still alove today...

as for animal abuse... i think there is no reason for that. things like dog fighting and horse races are totally uncalled for... the only time in my entire life that i have ever beaten an animal is when it was attacking me, and then, i didn't even beat it, i just shoved the dang dog away so it wouldn't eat the rest of my face off... i have a nice little scar on my lip for that one... id it just me, or should louisiana stop holding out and just outlaw rooster fighting??? seriously... it's just wrong....
DIE! DIE! DIE!
Bleeding on the Floor
DIE! DIE! DIE!
September 5th, 2007 at 04:30am
Wow dude

See the poor girl's post above.

Children are precious

Humans in general. If we die, we will be dearly issed. One human death can affect the world

Nobody will really care if a few animals die. Especially for the lives of our beloved ones.