Don't have an account? Create one!

Euthanasia

AuthorMessage
Yara; wtf...
Shotgun Sinner
Yara; wtf...
May 30th, 2006 at 03:59pm
The act or practice of ending the life of an individual suffering from a terminal illness or an incurable condition, as by lethal injection or the suspension of extraordinary medical treatment.

What's your opinion on this?
Nikki.
Awake and Unafraid
Nikki.
May 30th, 2006 at 04:00pm
I think that if you're too sick to even breathe or sit properly, you should have a choice to legally and safely pass on.
kinney.
Bulletproof Heart
kinney.
May 30th, 2006 at 04:01pm
sometimes i don't know what to think!

i mean, id never want to have to make that decision but sometimes it's for the best

it's a sad and confusing matter
scandalous.
Always Born a Crime
scandalous.
May 30th, 2006 at 04:05pm
I'm for it.
If someone is living in extreme, uncureable pain, they should be allowed to choose if they live or not.
assiralc talc
Really Not Okay
assiralc talc
May 30th, 2006 at 06:28pm
it bothers me that some people are against it because they think only God should take away life. i couldn't agree with them less.
snow at christmas.
Crash Queen
snow at christmas.
May 30th, 2006 at 06:31pm
For it. It would be awful to be stuck in pain, and just have to wait until you eventually died.
Would the whole coma and Terri Schaivo or however you spell it thing fit here, or should there be a new topic for that?
heartstrings.
Demolition Lover
heartstrings.
May 30th, 2006 at 06:31pm
I'm for it, but only if they go willingly.

If someone else chooses for them, then I'm against it.

Example of why I'm for it: If they cannot breathe, eat, or move on their own and they choose to be passed on, then I think it's fine because it's their own wish.

Example of why I'm against it: If someone is in a coma or cannot even voice their viewpoints on it and someone else chooses for them, I don't think it's fair. In why I'm for it, they were taking their own life. Here, however, someone is taking life away from someone else.
Thnks fr th vnm
Demolition Lover
Thnks fr th vnm
May 30th, 2006 at 07:02pm
I'm for it. If I were completely helpless and couldn't talk, move, or eat on my own, I would want to end it. I don't see the point of holding on to something like that.
I had this discussion the other day with my gandmother, and she thought I was crazy.
snow at christmas.
Crash Queen
snow at christmas.
May 30th, 2006 at 07:04pm
without.a.sound:

Would the whole coma and Terri Schaivo or however you spell it thing fit here, or should there be a new topic for that?

It seems like yes, if so, that should probably be added to the title, because it seems like a big part of this issue.
Yara; wtf...
Shotgun Sinner
Yara; wtf...
May 30th, 2006 at 07:12pm
without.a.sound:
Would the whole coma and Terri Schaivo or however you spell it thing fit here?

Yes.
Disarm; Nicole
Salute You in Your Grave
Disarm; Nicole
May 30th, 2006 at 07:19pm
As dumb as it sounds, why don't people have these things written down somewhere? It should be the person in question's choice. If they can't decide for themselves, then the closest relative or legal guardian should.
which way
Bleeding on the Floor
which way
May 30th, 2006 at 07:34pm
Nikki.:
I think that if you're too sick to even breathe or sit properly, you should have a choice to legally and safely pass on.

Agree
the original JULES
Demolition Lover
the original JULES
May 30th, 2006 at 07:38pm
If the person themselves makes the choice, than it's their personal decision. No one wants to see a human suffer, and if the person doesn't want to suffer any longer, I think they should have the choice to their own life.

However, if someone else is deciding it, I'm fairly opposed to that. Life is has such an immeasurable significance. Especially your own life.
No one else should have more right to end a life than yourself when in this case. I am not talking about suicide.
pleasure.
Bulletproof Heart
pleasure.
May 30th, 2006 at 08:27pm
Nikki.:
I agree.
Shelbybob Ninjapants
Salute You in Your Grave
Shelbybob Ninjapants
May 30th, 2006 at 08:53pm
The Punkin Queen:
I'm for it, but only if they go willingly.

If someone else chooses for them, then I'm against it.

Example of why I'm for it: If they cannot breathe, eat, or move on their own and they choose to be passed on, then I think it's fine because it's their own wish.

Example of why I'm against it: If someone is in a coma or cannot even voice their viewpoints on it and someone else chooses for them, I don't think it's fair. In why I'm for it, they were taking their own life. Here, however, someone is taking life away from someone else.

i agree with you
circa leena
Salute You in Your Grave
circa leena
May 30th, 2006 at 08:55pm
on you're 18th birthday, i Think you should fill out a little card, saying wheather or not you want them to "pull the plug" if you are in a situation like Terri Schiavo's. But before 18 it should be your parents decision because you are still a child.

It should never be a spouse/child decision,.
reinvent love.
Bulletproof Heart
reinvent love.
May 30th, 2006 at 09:10pm
I think the person suffering should decide. Personally, I would just end their misery.
matfew churlz sanduz
Shotgun Sinner
matfew churlz sanduz
May 31st, 2006 at 06:17am
I've already told my loved ones I don't want to hold on if that ever happens to me. I want the plug to be pulled if that ever happens. I look at my great grandmother[she is the only one left alive] and I see just how hard it is for her to understand anything. I don't want that to happen to me.
I think Euthanasia is a great idea, if the need arrises
Becky has a rainbow.
Always Born a Crime
Becky has a rainbow.
May 31st, 2006 at 06:52pm
Reasons against: If a person before becoming sick has left a large sum of money to a person who later i don't know...did something and now this person wishes for the other person to not get the money. But, problem this person becomes ill all of a sudden and is unable to communicate with others. The other person could try to kill this person (but legally) for the money.
Also the person could not be sound in the head when making these decisions.
Reasons for: People are suffering inside their own bodies.

If the person said somewhere (perhaps there will) that is they should ever become (very) ill they would like to be put to rest then wouldn't that be the solution? (other than having to travel to other countries for this treatment)
Poopsie
Shotgun Sinner
Poopsie
May 31st, 2006 at 09:04pm
We had a discussion in my History class about this. In my opinion, if people want to die, they want to die. If they ask for assistance, say Euthanasia, let them. If it makes them happier, you know? If a person is battling cancer, and they want to give up, would you rather have them blow their brains out or die in a hospital bed or wherever they want peacefully?