Don't have an account? Create one!

Euthanasia

AuthorMessage
omg!_its izzy!
Really Not Okay
omg!_its izzy!
May 31st, 2006 at 09:08pm
i personlly like the idea but if theres a suitauation where a loved one like my mom is dying of an incurable diease (god forbid) and she asks me too kill her because she is incapable of doing it herself i dont know how i would bring myself to do it.
assiralc talc
Really Not Okay
assiralc talc
June 1st, 2006 at 06:34am
^ but that's assisted suicide, which i think is different to euthanasia. good point though, it must be quite traumatic for the assistant.
Hollywood Babylon.
Salute You in Your Grave
Hollywood Babylon.
June 1st, 2006 at 07:19pm
I just had to do a huge essay/debate for this, and I'm for it. One of my main points was that everyone has a right to choose life or death. It's their life, therefore they make their own decisions.
omg stfu
Demolition Lover
omg stfu
June 2nd, 2006 at 12:44am
I'm all for it.

If you're too mentally retarded to be able to wipe your own ass you should deffinitely be able to decide whether or not you want to live.
Fatal Madonna.
Shotgun Sinner
Fatal Madonna.
June 2nd, 2006 at 06:48am
i'm for an against it i suppose
if a person is in serious pain and ready to die they should be able to die with some sort of dignity instead of being left to turn into a vegetable because then they feel like they couldn't leave when they wanted to and resent this.
i agree with those that think we should have to fill out something when we're eighteen though becasue then it's our right to our life and death
MadHatterMCR
Bleeding on the Floor
MadHatterMCR
June 21st, 2006 at 08:58pm
Who is/was Terri Schiavo?
Thnks fr th vnm
Demolition Lover
Thnks fr th vnm
June 21st, 2006 at 09:05pm
MadHatterMCR:
Who is/was Terri Schiavo?

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=43463

She was hooked up to a feeding tube. Her husband wanted it taken out, her parents wanted it in. Her husband won.
A lady in white
Motor Baby
A lady in white
June 22nd, 2006 at 05:38pm
I agree with it, depending on the circumstances. For example, say there's a mother with three little kids,the father is out of the picture, and she has ALS. If there's no one to take care of her kids, then she should try to take care of them until she dies, and she should make sure that when she does die, her kids will have somewhere to go. It's a lot better for her kids this way, and it might make her feel better in her last days. However, if the same lady doesn't have any kids, or have anyone, and she's dying of ALS, then she should be allowed to die before she feels the pain of ALS.
+-+-+Deathwisher+-+-+
Jazz Hands
+-+-+Deathwisher+-+-+
June 22nd, 2006 at 10:28pm
I think that if the person is too retarded or in a state where they can't even think, they should be allowed to pass on because, what kind of life would that be to someone?They aren't even concious enough to feel pain or anyting else, so why contunue their suffering?To keep them inside their shells would be cruel.I personally would want my plug to be pulled.On the other hand, if the person is aware, and want to be kept alive.Then, that's what should be done.
KeY_tO_cHaOs
Jazz Hands
KeY_tO_cHaOs
June 26th, 2006 at 05:41pm
Sometimes I'm for or against euphanasia.
It just depends why and how.

I heard about a girl in Regina, Saskatchewan who was born with a serious illness. She suffered from her illness until she was ten years old, when her dad did to her euphanasia. How? By attaching a tube to the exhaust pipe and setting his daughter in the car and turning the car on.

I asked my parents if it was painful and they told me it's like a poison that you die from like as if you were going to sleep.

I think it is logic that euphanasia is illegal in Canada because it prevents alot of problems and arguments.

But in other places where it is legal it all depends on what the suffering person wants. If the hospitalised person can't speak for himself/herself, the family should check with the nurse for how long the person could survive. The longer the time is , they should wait. But if the person can die any day, they should perform euphanasia.

Animals, that's another thing, since they cannot speak for themselves, the family/owner should only perform euphanasia if the animal's condition is terrible and that it is suffering.

Personally, euphanasia interests me and I really want to research it ofr a project.

Well, that's it for me. That's pretty much all that was on my mind.
Hip -Like Badass-
Salute You in Your Grave
Hip -Like Badass-
June 26th, 2006 at 06:55pm
Wow, I've never really thought about it. In old people's cases, I guess it would be ok. But for someone who is terminally ill, with an incurable disease, I guess i would say yes as well, IF they wanted to, no matter what their age.
Feel What You Feel.
Bleeding on the Floor
Feel What You Feel.
June 27th, 2006 at 02:26am
KeY_tO_cHaOs:

Animals, that's another thing, since they cannot speak for themselves, the family/owner should only perform euphanasia if the animal's condition is terrible and that it is suffering.

I agree about that. Last year we had to put my cat to sleep because she was gasping for breath. I didn't like it, but it was either that or her suffering.

That's another thing. People are kind of selfish when they just make a person suffer in their disease if a person can't decide for themself, for whatever reason (whether it be age [like...newborn to 10 I guess], not being able to move, or something else). It really depends on the situation, I guess
OMG it's Jennie :0
Motor Baby
OMG it's Jennie :0
July 2nd, 2006 at 04:14pm
If healthy people can end their lives, then why should helpless people not be able to?
Of course, if they are in a coma with a chance of waking up, I think they should be kept alive. It should be your own choice to live or not, not someone elses.
With animals, I think euthanasia should only be performed if you can tell that they are suffering. If they seem normal, then they should be kept alive.
My dog is having an operation on Wednesday to have a cancerous cyst removed. I'm terrified that she won't come out of the operation, or the cancer will be there still, what if the vet decides to put her to 'sleep'? She seems completely normal and happy at the moment. Sad
desired_dream
Killjoy
desired_dream
August 24th, 2006 at 03:45am
I'am agree with euthanasia if someone is suffer until it just skin with bones and he can't help it.( like he want to live but he can't, he don't want to live but he must). Anyway it was somebody decision in his/her life. But that just make me think does euthanasia same with suicide? I feel it's not, but can't help for wondering about it. But for some other people it is suicide. At least people around me. And I wondering, people who do euthanasia to other people asked for it. Did he/she became a murderer? Cause he/she takes another people live.

Yesterday I saw a baby that born with two head and one body is die. I think God really kind to take their lives eventhough it was painfull for the family. Cause it must be hurt to live like that, how the people wil treat you, and because they are a girls, how they gonna get married, how they gonna work, go to school without being mock. Euthanasia can be their choose, but nobody want to die before doing something in this world. So I hope Eutahasia will be the last thing to do.
StonyPony
Jazz Hands
StonyPony
August 25th, 2006 at 01:48am
I do not think that anyone over 18 (because that is the arbitrary age assigned by our government to separate adults from children) should have be prevented forcibly from taking their own life.
I do think that if euthanasia is legalized, it will open the door for other laws to be made and people may wind up dying when they don't want to.
Kurtni
Fabulous Killjoy
Kurtni
August 25th, 2006 at 06:20pm
StonyPony:
I do not think that anyone over 18 (because that is the arbitrary age assigned by our government to separate adults from children) should have be prevented forcibly from taking their own life.
I do think that if euthanasia is legalized, it will open the door for other laws to be made and people may wind up dying when they don't want to.

euthanasia is legal here.....

What happens is family members disagree about what should be done, and it leads to fights and problems occur. Some people think "it'll be better this way" and others are still trying to cope and have a "what will I do without them?" attitude, they both care, but it's not an easy decision to make, although I do think that sometimes, it's a very good thing. We have the ability to end people's suffering, we should use it.
StonyPony
Jazz Hands
StonyPony
August 27th, 2006 at 06:26pm
euthanasia is legal here.....

What happens is family members disagree about what should be done, and it leads to fights and problems occur. Some people think "it'll be better this way" and others are still trying to cope and have a "what will I do without them?" attitude, they both care, but it's not an easy decision to make, although I do think that sometimes, it's a very good thing. We have the ability to end people's suffering, we should use it.

I'm not sure if you're agreeing or disagreeing with me...no matter.
My point is I think it should only be consensual; only if the person wants it. Assisted suicide? Maybe.
xCadetxRubyx
Jazz Hands
xCadetxRubyx
August 28th, 2006 at 08:54am
We studied euthanasia in my religious studies class and I was the only one who said I'd be willing to think about it. I think euthanasia should be allowed when the patient makes a clear, informed decision as to whether or not they want to continue their life. If they are in serious ill health and there is no way of getting better than I believe it should be an option. However, when the patient is an a coma or can't make that decision for themselves I don't know if I'd agree with euthanaisa because it could be against their will and then it could be considered murder.
marley.
Awake and Unafraid
marley.
September 25th, 2006 at 12:44pm
I had to write an essay in this. I'm really interested in the subject.

FOR- If someone is in a lot of pain or unable to do anything such as eat and walk etc then I think its quite understandable that they want to end there life as there would be no point to them living to be honest.

AGAINST- Some people might use Euthanasia as an easy suicide. They might use it because they want to end there life without the whole horrible do-it-yourself suicide attempts which is just wrong.

FOR- If someone is pretty ill and is on a life support machine then its oviously costing a lot of money to keep them alive and, if there in hospital, then the will be taking up a hospital bed which could be used for somone else therefore euthanasia would be okay.

AGAINST- Someone might deliberatly make the person ill as they may have a lot of money or a house or something in thier will and they want it... Which is really,really wrong and just plain mean.

Thats just a few of my opinions on Euthanasia and I, personally, think euthansia should be illeagal as there is many points surrounding it that could go wrong,but it should be aloud in extreme circumstanses such as a patient being really,really ill etc.
Mitch
Salute You in Your Grave
Mitch
September 26th, 2006 at 02:52am
KeY_tO_cHaOs:
I heard about a girl in Regina, Saskatchewan who was born with a serious illness. She suffered from her illness until she was ten years old, when her dad did to her euphanasia. How? By attaching a tube to the exhaust pipe and setting his daughter in the car and turning the car on.

I asked my parents if it was painful and they told me it's like a poison that you die from like as if you were going to sleep.

Thats the example I was thinking of... I mean, this girl was suffering every day. She was severly mentally retarded and definitely wasn't living a fufilled life. I think the father had the right to kill her with carbon monoxide. It was out of love; he didn't want her to suffer anymore. (Carbon Monoxide just makes you pass out and suffocate.)

NicoleOnAPlane:
As dumb as it sounds, why don't people have these things written down somewhere? It should be the person in question's choice. If they can't decide for themselves, then the closest relative or legal guardian should.

DNR, Do not recusitate. Its a form you have legally signed (with a lawyer present, and 2 witnesses) and put in your records, and doctors must follow the document. I mean, if you go into surgery for your leg, they obviously can't kill you, but if you're in a bad car crash or something, they doctor has the legal right to let you go if its under the right cirtumstances, and he must have another doctor/nurse agree. That happened somewhere recently. A doctor had a DNR signed and the hospital had to let him go when he was in a bad car crash.

Or, you can give someone your Power of Attorny and they can make the decision for you.

However, its tough when your born with a disease/handicap. People were mentioning that they would want to make the decision if they couldn't even wipe their own asses. A lot of people in these situations lack the mental capacity to talk, let alone decide if they want to live or die.

* On the side note about legal documents, there ware some exceptions. For example, there was this one farmer in Saskatchewan who was out harvesting grain when the tractor/combine crushed him. He didn't have a will, and that means all this belongings would go to the government, so he wrote out his will and signed it with a rock on the tractor, leaving it all to his family.