Don't have an account? Create one!

Euthanasia

AuthorMessage
yoey962
Bleeding on the Floor
yoey962
April 14th, 2007 at 03:41am
i think it should be allowed.
i mean, my great grandma is now in a hospice. her quality of life is vertualy zero as she has no control over her mind and body anymore, and she is constantly on tranquilisers and painkillers.
this completely upsetting and degrading for a person who used to be so strong and proud.
and to be honest, here in the UK, we don't let animals suffer this kind of thing?
if animals are in a bad way THEY GET PUT DOWN
so why can't we give humans a graceful and dignified way to end their lives if it is for the best?
M!ChA3L
Killjoy
M!ChA3L
April 14th, 2007 at 06:26am
I think its wrong to do it with out a choice. Its sad it happens like that but If they cant make a move and say what they want maybe a family member close to them or a friend should have it done not a doctor it should have consent but i think that that shouldnt happen. If i was in a coma i dont care how much pain im in i still want a attempt to have a life again
Rabid Squirrel.
Salute You in Your Grave
Rabid Squirrel.
April 14th, 2007 at 08:05am

my sister just shot herself yesterday...she has leukemia and i think she can't bear it anymore...does that count as an act of mercy-killing?
Smiley
Luffy
Joining The Black Parade
Luffy
April 14th, 2007 at 01:05pm
no, that's suicide.
M!ChA3L
Killjoy
M!ChA3L
April 14th, 2007 at 04:07pm
Im sorry to hear that your sister died but that is suicide. If you had a choice to put someone to death though would you(if they were suffering gravely)
Luffy
Joining The Black Parade
Luffy
April 14th, 2007 at 04:10pm
Actually, he/she never specified if the sister died or not.
M!ChA3L
Killjoy
M!ChA3L
April 14th, 2007 at 04:42pm
oh i suppose that it wasnt mentioned. Hmm but still its an attempt at suicide but theres always less painfull alternatives. But if your sister did die jubilant then im sorry
Luffy
Joining The Black Parade
Luffy
April 14th, 2007 at 04:47pm
Actually, it was never specified whether it was an attempt or not.

Very Happy
M!ChA3L
Killjoy
M!ChA3L
April 14th, 2007 at 06:49pm
No but if his sister shot herself then thats considered an attempt at suicide isnt it because she tried taking her life away because of the illness isnt suicide based on the fact of someone attempting to kill themselves or succesfully doing it. Im sure the police would clasify it as a suicide attempt
xMari_Malicex
Motor Baby
xMari_Malicex
April 14th, 2007 at 08:45pm
No. If you kill yourself by choice, that is suicide.
Euthanasia usually doesn't take place with the person's direct consent.
Luffy
Joining The Black Parade
Luffy
April 15th, 2007 at 12:16am
Roarr:
No but if his sister shot herself then thats considered an attempt at suicide isnt it because she tried taking her life away because of the illness isnt suicide based on the fact of someone attempting to kill themselves or succesfully doing it. Im sure the police would clasify it as a suicide attempt

She could've shot herself on accident.
alzypow. THE END.
Fabulous Killjoy
alzypow. THE END.
April 15th, 2007 at 05:42am
If I was extremely I would want to be put down
I would probably be in extreme pain and couldn't do anything, so I wouldn't just want to hang on
CheekBones
Killjoy
CheekBones
April 15th, 2007 at 01:59pm
What do you guys think should happen if someone is disabled, e.g. unable to walk, and they want the option of Euthanasia? Because many can cope with that, but what if they feel they can't?
Also, what if the disability is the result of their own actions?

Most people consider life-threatening prolonged diseases, and I think euthanasia for that is fair, but some people don't think they'll be able to cope with a dramatic life change...I don't think that is fair, I think it's abusing the notion of Euthanasia. If they can't prove it would harm their mental state, then who's to say suicidal people won't hurt themselves in an attempt to get Euthanasia or something like that?
Luffy
Joining The Black Parade
Luffy
April 15th, 2007 at 02:04pm
You should look into the act Oregon passed legalizing certain types of Euthanasia. If you look at it, you'll see how regular suicidal people won't have access to euthanasia so easily as you describe.
alexander
Killjoy
alexander
April 16th, 2007 at 02:39pm
Im kinda for it...but only if that person is in severe pain Crying or Very sad
sweet dreams.
Salute You in Your Grave
sweet dreams.
April 16th, 2007 at 04:16pm
I think it's perfectly fine for someone to want to end their life, as long as it's for a good reason. If they are living off of fuckin machinery, or if they can't move, talk, or do anything by themselves, there is no reason for them to continue suffering. Disconnection of those machines will let the person die peacefully with their family around them, instead of continuing to live with no reason or point besides sitting in a bed and looking around--if they can even do that. If someone was sick but still able to do things they enjoy, I don't think they should go to the extremes of ending their lives. This is just my opinion...I don't care if yours is different, but please respect mine.
Morning Stars.
Salute You in Your Grave
Morning Stars.
May 1st, 2007 at 05:16pm
i think if you wanna die, die. if they have your consent, go for it.
ThinkxHappyxThoughts
Joining The Black Parade
ThinkxHappyxThoughts
May 10th, 2007 at 06:43pm
I'm thinking if you are a braindead vegetable that hasn't woken up in ten years or whatsuch, cut the hospital bills and space, and let them pass on. Being a vegetable isn't that great, I'm fair sure. Also, if they give their consent (such as in the cases of Kavorkian) there's no reason they should have to keep on living. If the doctors don't do it, someone will, and it could be messy.
Illuminatist
Salute You in Your Grave
Illuminatist
May 11th, 2007 at 12:32am
My families okay with euthanasia, if the need arises.

I'd rather see tmy loved one died peacefully than suffer from an illness that's been keeping him/her bedridden.
Black Meriah
Really Not Okay
Black Meriah
May 11th, 2007 at 04:05am
It depends on the situation. If they are 'better off dead' they they should be allowed to die peacfully. The sad part is, it's their family that has tp make this call. Life support is like the last string of hope, and not many are ready to let it go. But if the person has been in a coma for ten years, not showing any sigs of life, other than that life support, then they're just takeing up other people's place, and should let go. It's sad, and I don't think I can say anything that is a 100% correct in here. because I have never been in that situation myself. And making that final desicious, to let one of my loved ones go, I can't say for sure that I would have been able to do it. But, when enough time has passed, someone need to help the people who's in a situation, and make them let go.