Don't have an account? Create one!

Euthanasia

AuthorMessage
xXDr. KrazyXx
Fabulous Killjoy
xXDr. KrazyXx
December 8th, 2006 at 11:35pm
Case A: Taking off life support
I think that if someone is going to die, then it should be up to the person that is in charge of (or standing over) the person. If they don't mind, I don't see why not. If they sign the papers, it's only right to do what they ask. The prolonging of the inevitable is, I believe, a bit ignorant and selfish. Also, you have to think what the person that is about to die thought about it before the problem (in the case of constant coma).

Case B: Terminal Illness
If someone is still responding to actions, and are able to speak or write, I think they should say what happens or not. That's pretty much what should determine it.
ServeItInDrag
Fabulous Killjoy
ServeItInDrag
December 10th, 2006 at 10:59am
I would of ended my dads suffering in a heartbeat regardless of the consequences tbh..but as it was he suffered heart failure and died very suddenly altho it was very peaceful and for that i'll always be grateful.
I dont pretend to understand the philosophy that we can end an animals suffering and not as of yet a humans suffering Sad
someone..anyone please feel free to explain that theory to me Smile
domeofstars
Thinking Happy Thoughts
domeofstars
December 11th, 2006 at 02:00am
I 100% support euthanasia. A person''s choice whether to live or die is entirely their own, and no one elses.
sonnie paranoia
Salute You in Your Grave
sonnie paranoia
December 12th, 2006 at 06:46am
I can't really agree for Euthanasia. I mean I do believe that we must not "Play as God". I believe that only God has the right to create and end life.
Beast And The Harlot
Salute You in Your Grave
Beast And The Harlot
December 12th, 2006 at 08:12am
I support euthanasia...i mean if someone is in pain and can barely breathe then they can choose wether or not they live or die! In the end it is their own choice...if they decide that they want to die then so be it! No one else can make the decision for them, unless they are on life support then yes the carer of that person should decide whats best for the person suffering.
So im all for euthanasia!
i pee in the shower
Killjoy
i pee in the shower
January 6th, 2007 at 02:48pm
I'm for it, if somebody is in a lot of pain from an incurable illness/disease and they want their life to end then they should be allowed to die peacefully.
Simple and Clean
Salute You in Your Grave
Simple and Clean
January 7th, 2007 at 03:29am
Some people rely on everyone to do everything for them, because they are so ill, and rely on machiens to do their breathing ect.
These people can't do much a full abled person can.
I think that these people should have a choice.
Some people have this illness(I can't think of the name) which means their body will suddenly stop working little by little, untill they die. It's a very painful death, and some of these people make it to the news because they have to go abroad, just to die peacefully and not in pain, because they aren't aloud to do it here.
SFXtra
Motor Baby
SFXtra
January 7th, 2007 at 12:01pm
I think it totally depends on the situation.
i want pumpkin pie
Jazz Hands
i want pumpkin pie
January 23rd, 2007 at 06:42pm
mona-anagramma:

i agree. it should be allowed for terminally ill people, who aren't going to get better and are going through so much pain and suffering
it should be unto and ONLY upto the peron who is ill.
Melpomene
Killjoy
Melpomene
January 23rd, 2007 at 11:22pm
I was an aged care nurse for 6 months and i support euthanasia. I do believe there should be conditions such as placing it in said person's care descriptions, hospital reports and/or will. Sometimes dying of an illness is worse then postponing said illness with drugs, life support and assistance.

I have already informed my family that incase of illness i do not want to be resuscitated if i will not be the same, i do not want to be put on life support if there is less then 60% chance i will come out of it fine. I have made these choices because they are legal for me to do so and i never want to become a burden on my family. I believe that practitioners should get together and create options for those who want it.
Quinn Allman
Salute You in Your Grave
Quinn Allman
January 24th, 2007 at 12:23am
If someone is suffering and is in so much pain I feel it would be better to let them be in peace.
Cap'n Scumbag.
Shotgun Sinner
Cap'n Scumbag.
January 25th, 2007 at 06:23am

its better to let them decide for themselves whether they want to continue a life of misery from pain
or pass on peacefully

sass attack.
Demolition Lover
sass attack.
January 28th, 2007 at 06:45am
mona-anagramma:

I agree with this also
I'm undecided on this topic.

From a religious point of view you're dealing with someone's life in your hands.
I believe the only person who can choose whether or not you live is God, the person who created life.
On the otherhand the person may be so ill that they are nothing but a shell of their physical appearance, merely just existing in the confines of their hospital rooms.
Of course the option of ending their suffering at that point would seem like the most logical thing to do. . .but thats when the religious point of view comes in.

RedRiot.
Salute You in Your Grave
RedRiot.
January 28th, 2007 at 10:55am
If I had the option of going gracefully before I got worse, I would chose it. I wouldn't want my family to see me suffer in pain if there was another option. As long as it is the dieing person's wish to go with Euthanasia, then let it happen.
xMari_Malicex
Motor Baby
xMari_Malicex
January 28th, 2007 at 01:57pm
As much as people are going to probably not like me for saying this, I'm going to simply start out by saying that in some cases, euthanasia is the best decision to make. My Grandmother was dying in the hospital earlier this month. She had lung cancer, it got cured, and came back as bone cancer, which is mostly fatal to people. It got to the point where she couldn't talk to us, could hardly aknowledge us, and had to be eventually put on life support. A few days after the tube was put in, she was awake and coherent, and it was apparent that the tube was very uncomfortable for her to have, because it was obvious that she knew there was a tube in her throat. You can imagine just how that'd feel, huh? Anyway, we all knew there was no way she'd recover from the damage done, and the doctor told us that we should consider taking her off life support and let her go peacefully. A couple of our relatives opposed it, and my Grandpa was very wary about it. My mom, having had a few realizations herself that my Grandma wasn't comfortable, finally persuaded him to let the doctors take her off. They decided that it wasn't fair to my Grandmother that she was uncomfortable, and that it was best that we let her go in peace. She died 3 days later, and while some of us might regret the decision, we knew it was for the best.
So in a sense, I think that euthanasia might be the best answer, especially if someone is uncomfortable and you know they won't get better. But when it comes to euthanizing animals or people for the wrong reasons or at the wrong time, I'm not for it at all. If you are capable of living a life, do it. Because there are people who aren't capable.
druscilla.
Bleeding on the Floor
druscilla.
January 29th, 2007 at 10:29pm
I think a person has a right to decide to end their life.
It is, after all, their life.
bleedingjapanese
Killjoy
bleedingjapanese
January 30th, 2007 at 08:11pm
i think the person should decide if the plugs should be pulled and if they cant, the doctor should give their opinion on what to do

for a pet it depends on what kind of recovery they will make, how much pain, what will they be able to do after recovery and what the vet says is important
xMari_Malicex
Motor Baby
xMari_Malicex
January 30th, 2007 at 09:57pm
Often times the person is getting the plug pulled because they cannot live the way they're living, or are basically unable to recover from a serious vegetative state...therefor, the person themself cannot decide.
Bleeding Stares
Really Not Okay
Bleeding Stares
February 2nd, 2007 at 10:56pm
Disarm; Nicole:
As dumb as it sounds, why don't people have these things written down somewhere? It should be the person in question's choice. If they can't decide for themselves, then the closest relative or legal guardian should.

That was exactly what I was going to say. If you have it written down on whether or not you want to live like that, then the person who has to decide for you won't have that eating away at their conscience forever.
porcelain-star
Fabulous Killjoy
porcelain-star
March 2nd, 2007 at 07:48am
yehh death is better than being a vegetable.