Don't have an account? Create one!

Euthanasia

AuthorMessage
Thug Life.
Bleeding on the Floor
Thug Life.
May 11th, 2007 at 04:47am

i think its perfectly fine
i mean im catholic and catholics are sposed to not like the idea of death by our own hands.
but i mean if it means ending suffering for a single person to allow them to die with
dignity well im all for it.

but unfortunatly down here in australia the needs of the state and the needs of the individuals clash because its the state needs to keep murder rates down (in australia it counts as murder down here im not sure why my legal studies teachger told me this.) to look good so therefore euthenasia is a no no.

but yeh i think it should be allowed but i do however believe there should be good reasons for choosing euthanasia.

Stripey-Stripes.
Motor Baby
Stripey-Stripes.
May 11th, 2007 at 11:54pm
i think that as long as you fully understand the ramifications of such a decision then you should be able to do it
i know that if i had a terminal illness and i was in pain every second of my life then i would want to make the decision to die
but if ur depressed and looking for a way out then no.
its like pot, medical reasons legally
otherwise...find ur own dealer.
mrs.johnnychrist.
Really Not Okay
mrs.johnnychrist.
May 19th, 2007 at 11:51pm
well.my cousin had a very bad wreck on an atv and was put on a ventilator for a few weeks and his dad decided to turn it off.i mean it was the best for him but i think he could've made it.but i know that's what casey would've wanted his dad to do.so yeahh.i agree with it.even tho it's depressing.
Hell Yeah Georgie
Really Not Okay
Hell Yeah Georgie
May 20th, 2007 at 02:33pm
A few weeks ago I'd have said if someone wants to die, let them do it with dignity.

But things change. Especially when its your own family.

My great aunt is 93. She got taken into hospital and treated for pneumonia. So long in a hospital bed made her legs seize up, and she became unable to walk. Now, she has a urine infection, perfectly treatable, perfectly survivable but she wants to die.

The thing about my great aunt, is that she is (or rather was) a very very independent person. You wouldn't believe she was 93. Highly intelligent, she was still doing summer school, and college courses to do with literature, right up until she was taken into hospital five weeks ago.

If she would allow treatment, and stop starving herself she'd make a full recovery. She's not suffering, she's just given up. The doctors are respecting her wishes, however they are sending psychiatric help to convince her she doesn't really want to die.

Euthanasia is a very complicated issue, more complicated than people think. And when its your own family, things change. None of us know whats around the next corner, its all very well saying 'if such and such an illness attacked me, I want to die' but reality is different.
Fezzik
Salute You in Your Grave
Fezzik
May 20th, 2007 at 03:03pm
eu·tha·na·sia: \ˌyü-thə-ˈnā-zh(ē- )ə\: noun: thee act or practice of killing or permitting the death of hopelessly sick or injured individuals (as persons or domestic animals) in a relatively painless way for reasons of mercy.

I don't think what you're grand-aunt is doing is counted as euthanasia; firstly because she's not terminally sick; secondly because she's not dying at the hands of another in a 'relatively painless way'. I think what she's doing is just considered being suicidal.
broken.
Jazz Hands
broken.
May 20th, 2007 at 08:20pm
Age Sixx Racer.:

i think its perfectly fine
i mean im catholic and catholics are sposed to not like the idea of death by our own hands.
but i mean if it means ending suffering for a single person to allow them to die with
dignity well im all for it.

but unfortunatly down here in australia the needs of the state and the needs of the individuals clash because its the state needs to keep murder rates down (in australia it counts as murder down here im not sure why my legal studies teachger told me this.) to look good so therefore euthenasia is a no no.

but yeh i think it should be allowed but i do however believe there should be good reasons for choosing euthanasia.

Agreeing with you completely.
MelancholyMisery
Salute You in Your Grave
MelancholyMisery
May 21st, 2007 at 02:24am
I think that the person whos life is in question should get to decide, but since they cant they should go by what theyve said before, like in their will. if they havent decided beforehand then their family and friends should= the people that know them best. Religion shoudnt come into it, it should be what the individual wants. but then im going to start some religion argument.. or not.
agh rant. sorry. nonscence.
broken.
Jazz Hands
broken.
May 21st, 2007 at 07:25pm

Woah.
I'm writing a persuasive essay on this topic.

But to the point:

Think about this;
If there are doctors out there actually willing to help a suffering patient end their life...
All of them can't be that crazy.

And yes, I was talking to my bud Gee about this and she was saying that religion really shouldn't be an issue.
If you take your religion seriously; DON'T KILL YOURSELF.
If you don't really care and feel you'd be better off dead; GO RIGHT AHEAD

And being a Jehovah Witness, she's much more tolerant.

Hemlock Society, Death With Dignity...
People get it.
Not everyone values life anymore, that they're in so much pain that it makes them feel no better that they're still breathing.

They're dying in a hospital bed and they don't need it.
fxmous-lxst-words
Joining The Black Parade
fxmous-lxst-words
May 25th, 2007 at 11:40am
i think it's better to just die peacefully than suffer until you finally die.
horse_riders_r_stable_ppl
Motor Baby
horse_riders_r_stable_ppl
May 28th, 2007 at 03:09pm
if it was ever allowed there should be certain guidlines, otherwise just anyone could feel like being put down. for example someone with extreme depression.
so yes i do think that it should be allowed, but allong with it very strong guidlines and rules so that doctors can only allow those worthy of ending their suffering as their lives will only be full of pain of which no one can cure. thats what happens with animals and we are never cruel in our decisions, as the vet would not allow it otherwise.
river phoenix.
Salute You in Your Grave
river phoenix.
May 30th, 2007 at 04:43pm
Its completly personal choice. If you dont want it because your church disagrees, thats fine for you, but you should not stop other people. Personally, I would want to die
Silverstein
Bleeding on the Floor
Silverstein
May 30th, 2007 at 05:05pm
This could go either way. If I was diagnosed with something terminal, I'd do the most with the rest of my life. For others, I think the choice should be theirs. If the person wants to do it, I find nothing wrong with it. Didn't Kavorkian get imprisoned for that?
broken.
Jazz Hands
broken.
June 1st, 2007 at 08:27pm
YUP!
on the account of second degree murder.

Did you know the dude got the humanitarian award for his job?
seriously.
w
t
f
malibu.
In the Cannibal Glow
malibu.
June 2nd, 2007 at 01:46am
I think if the conditions are very extreme and they are in a heck of alot of pain & they give clear permission to end their life then it should be allowed, because it is their life and if they are dying then well, yes they should choose.
Go fuck yourself
Devil's Got Your Number
Go fuck yourself
June 2nd, 2007 at 09:04pm
i cried when i found out terri s. died it was really upsetting to me then but now im for it in away. when i had surgery i remember talking to the nurse after she stuck the iv in me, then black. im not sure if thats how it is when your in a coma but its so ...empty. i'd choose death over that anyday
fun ghoul
In a Bullet's Embrace
fun ghoul
June 3rd, 2007 at 03:12am
for me, euthanasia is just fine. why let the person suffer even more if you can just end his/her life..if he/she is willing for it.
but i think euthanasia should be only for somebody who is incurable already..no one should kill the person who still has hope to live
Go fuck yourself
Devil's Got Your Number
Go fuck yourself
June 5th, 2007 at 08:50pm
XSemiXInsaneX:
for me, euthanasia is just fine. why let the person suffer even more if you can just end his/her life..if he/she is willing for it.
but i think euthanasia should be only for somebody who is incurable already..no one should kill the person who still has hope to live

i totally agree. but sometimes its not always clear if they can get better or chances are very slim.
me and my stomach
Thinking Happy Thoughts
me and my stomach
July 3rd, 2007 at 09:43am
if i'm suffering a prolonged death, i want to die.

i think patients/ family members should have the choice. not the government.

why does the government have a say in whether i can live or i can die?
xemilyferocious
Killjoy
xemilyferocious
July 4th, 2007 at 01:21am
I think that if someone is in a vegetable state then of course they should be able to die. Otherwise, I think it is up to the person to decide whether they'd like to die or not.
jonas erik altberg.
Banned
jonas erik altberg.
March 18th, 2008 at 09:33am
Would this include the Electric Chair?